Communist editor shot after release!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Communist editor shot after release!!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,149501,00.html

Quote:
The U.S. military said the car she was riding in after her release was speeding as it approached a coalition checkpoint in western Baghdad on its way to the airport. Soldiers shot into the engine block only after trying to warn the driver to stop by "hand and arm signals, flashing white lights and firing warning shots," the military said.

U.S. troops took Sgrena to an American military hospital in Iraq, where shrapnel was removed from her left shoulder. The shrapnel removed from Sgrena's shoulder may have been a fragment of the fire that killed Calipari, he said.
Well if Iwas a driver speeding towards a Coalition checkpoint in Iraq and I did not want to die I would do whatever the checkpoint officials directed me to do. The fact is most of the attacks come from suicide car bombers and any speeding car without proper clearance ahead of time will be shot at if they dont obey the signals to stop.

No the driver of this car is to blame and the fact nobody told the US the car was coming their way. So I will also blame the Italians for poor communications on what was going on.

I am sorry the Italian Secret Service Officer was shot and killed!!!!

Old 03-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
President Bush promised a full investigation into the shooting at a U.S. checkpoint in Baghdad (search), which was likely to spur anti-war sentiment in Italy, where the public was widely opposed to the government's decision to maintain troops in Iraq.
Looks like we might just fudged another allie. Now I wonder what poor soldier is gonna get their *** chewed / take the blame for this. So we can have them as allies still

Guy does his job and its never good enough. I agree poor communications is gonna own someone
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
Looks like we might just fudged another allie. Now I wonder what poor soldier is gonna get their *** chewed / take the blame for this. So we can have them as allies still

Guy does his job and its never good enough. I agree poor communications is gonna own someone
Actually Italy is going nowhere. Whe just signed a 1.3 billion dollar program buying the next Presidental Helicopters from a Lockheed/Agusta Italian co-op http://www.finmec.com/US101Helicopte...S101Helicopter. They have also co-op on the Lockheed/ Italian C-27J Spartan http://www.finmec.com/C27J.asp?pdb=C27J

The billions in contract money the Italians are getting for being or Allies in Iraq and the war on terror is going to help their economy 10 fold.

The loss of one life is not good but in the greater scope of welfare of Italy this will pass as just a minor incidents between friends

Old 03-05-2005, 04:37 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
of course.. if it got publicized.. he could gain the support of the american populace...

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar