legalize it? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: should it be legal?
yes for small amounts 12 50.00%
no in any amount 9 37.50%
yes,but any ricer transporting it in their car will loose there car. 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
legalize it?

should small amounts of mary jane be legal? as in 3.5 grams (an 1/8 of less)= small Possession? im thinking about this because i just read a book called Reefer madness. for any of you that wants to learn more i highly suggest it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
yes.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
no
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

yes.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
no!
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

yes!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
yes, if people want to be stupid thats their choice
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon
yes, if people want to be stupid thats their choice
Old 03-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang
Marijuana should not be illegal. It discusts me the way the world looks and reacts to a harmless painkiller that comes from nature. If you think marijuana should be illegal than so should alcohol and cigarettes. Both combinded kill 400 billion americans in a year. What does marijauana do? It may alter ones senses slightly, but it no where effects a human anywhere close than beer does. When used responsibly or for medicinal purposes marijuana is great.
They locked up a MS patent in jail cause MJ was the only thing that eased his pain. Well in less than a week he died. Should people die over marijuana possesion? Or suffer in pain? Or go to jail longer than most child molesters?
I sure as hell dont think so. Marijuana is a harmless drug that should be able to be used by responsible adults of a set age like 21.
For more info you can check out
www.norml.org
www.mpp.org
I'll smoke weed and fight for legalisation till the day I die. Dont call me or half of the americans out there and presidents and politions that use and or used it stupid. If someone wants to "choose" to let them. Right? right...

Charles Farmakis
Norml NH divison.
(yes thats right)
Old 03-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedya95stang
If you think marijuana should be illegal than so should alcohol and cigarettes. Both combinded kill 400 billion americans in a year. What does marijauana do?

Damn 400 billion a year?????. Hell in 10 days into the year the world would be empty!!!

But on the rest of it I agree with you. One peoblem is the amount of people in prison for simple possession.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:23 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
no **edit** ill do my homework later. dont have time right now.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:44 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

To say no there needs to be a reason. Here is why no does not work

1. Go to any College highschool or Middle school in the US and you will find Pot.
2. More people are in jail or prison for the simple possession of POT
3. The war on hard drugs is required but the war on pot has been lost
4. Most of the Pot in the US is grow right here in the US.
5. In reality Pot being used by Adults is far less harmful than drinking alcohol.

Reasons for legalizing it.
1.Regulation and legalization will remove organized crime element out of the product.
Just like the repeal of Prohibition which made alcohol illegal and just put the control of it into the hands of Criminals like AL Capone.
2. With regulation you can get rid of the pushers in the schools that prey on children.
3. The war on Drugs could concentrate on the real drug problems like crack and Heroin
4. Create lic's and permit laws people will pay for for the right to grow and cultivate Pot.This will in turn increase tax revenues that were going to drug lords before.
5. Money Money Money. The real problem with Pot is the loss of tax revenue on the product. This will not be a problem when you tax the growers and buyers.
6 By legalizing it you gain control and the underworld involved will dry up and go away.
7. This does not mean you still dont make it illegal to sell to minors. That would not change but what would if you had a Licensed establishment that sold pot to a minor you would go to jail, just like alcohol.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
yes. for the reasons stated by charles and some other reasons as well

and bravo corey

no, i don't personally do it, i've never had the need. but i know some people do, for whatever reason
Old 03-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to speedyhank
yes
speedyhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:56 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

i wouldnt call people who smoke on ocassion stupid, some of the smartest ppl you will ever know smoked pot. like for example , bill Gates, Bill clinton, George bush, EDIT: and we cant forget Corey. so dont call them stupid. now for daily tokers they can be pretty big burn outs. and i think it should be legal and just taxes it. the fight is already lost, and the fact that people are serving longer sentances for weed then some ppl for murder is amazing to me.....

Quote:
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 03-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Charles and Corey you both rock. Saved me alot of typing cause Thats basically the lines I would have said

Yes it should be legal. and with a good amount of states already moving to legalize medical mj its just one steo closer.

Within our life time I think I can honestly say we will see a form of legalization.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

im looking for decriminlzation (sp?) i think that is the next step and all 50 states have some medical use for herb laws on the books.

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 03-06-2005, 03:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
To say no there needs to be a reason. Here is why no does not work

1. Go to any College highschool or Middle school in the US and you will find Pot.
2. More people are in jail or prison for the simple possession of POT
3. The war on hard drugs is required but the war on pot has been lost
4. Most of the Pot in the US is grow right here in the US.
5. In reality Pot being used by Adults is far less harmful than drinking alcohol.

Reasons for legalizing it.
1.Regulation and legalization will remove organized crime element out of the product.
Just like the repeal of Prohibition which made alcohol illegal and just put the control of it into the hands of Criminals like AL Capone.
2. With regulation you can get rid of the pushers in the schools that prey on children.
3. The war on Drugs could concentrate on the real drug problems like crack and Heroin
4. Create lic's and permit laws people will pay for for the right to grow and cultivate Pot.This will in turn increase tax revenues that were going to drug lords before.
5. Money Money Money. The real problem with Pot is the loss of tax revenue on the product. This will not be a problem when you tax the growers and buyers.
6 By legalizing it you gain control and the underworld involved will dry up and go away.
7. This does not mean you still dont make it illegal to sell to minors. That would not change but what would if you had a Licensed establishment that sold pot to a minor you would go to jail, just like alcohol.
well said.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #20
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Man made beer, God made pot. Who do you trust?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
No.

Lot's of so called facts tossed about with no evidence by the pro-pot crowd.

Much like laetril the medicinal uses of pot are not scientifically proven in the normal manner, just a bunch of quacks, charlatans and space cadets spouting off the party line.

And pot isn't harnless, it's at least as dangerous to your health as tobacco.

Then there is the problem of proving you are under the influence. Detectable residues of pot remain in your bloodstream for many days after your last toke. Unlike alcohol there is no simple, scientific test to show the degree of impairment. So a ticket for driving under the influence of pot is a tough one to prove.

Finally, I want to see evidence that Gates smoked pot, Clinton claims he never inhaled and GWB doesn't say anything one way or the other. To the best of my knowlege these so called "smart people" examples of pot users do not use pot today, maybe that's because they are smart.

Finally, I have yet to meet a pot head that was worth a damn, but I have met lots of them that were useless dirtballs.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

i have met pot heads that keep a 4.0 at UVA at Rodmen scholars. as for intoxication, when u smoke herb you take 3 hits its just like taking 2000 its the same exact buzz and its not nearly as powerful at beer. and your can typically tell when people are high even if their eyes are not red, and even if they do their skin will still be red and if they get pulled over they will be sweating bullets.

out of the people who said NO how many of you have ever toked?

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 03-06-2005, 07:16 PM   #23
Regular

I am not even going to bother listing my reasons. You want to get high go for it. I don't care. Sure we all die but I dont want to spend the last years of my life dieing from cancer. I had to watch my grandfather do that. It is stupid and it is pointless. But hey its not my life is it? If it feels good do it right?? And you people wonder why the world is going down the drain.....

Fix the prison problem by simply not sending them to prison for possession. There are so many other ways.

As far as people serving more time for possession than murder... prove it

Reddit
Old 03-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
No...I've seen the effects of alcohol and pot mixed..saw it saturday night and ended up having to stop a bleeding wrist...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #25
Regular

Quote:
Effects on the Heart

One study has indicated that a user’s risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana(8). The researchers suggest that such an effect might occur from marijuana’s effects on blood pressure and heart rate and reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of blood.
Quote:
Effects on the Lungs

A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers(9). Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses.

Even infrequent use can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, often accompanied by a heavy cough. Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers do, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, a heightened risk of lung infections, and a greater tendency to obstructed airways(10). Smoking marijuana increases the likelihood of developing cancer of the head or neck, and the more marijuana smoked the greater the increase(11). A study comparing 173 cancer patients and 176 healthy individuals produced strong evidence that marijuana smoking doubled or tripled the risk of these cancers.

Marijuana use also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens(12, 13). In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke(14). It also produces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells(15). Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs’ exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may increase the risk of cancer more than smoking tobacco.
Quote:
Other Health Effects

Some of marijuana’s adverse health effects may occur because THC impairs the immune system’s ability to fight off infectious diseases and cancer. In laboratory experiments that exposed animal and human cells to THC or other marijuana ingredients, the normal disease-preventing reactions of many of the key types of immune cells were inhibited(16). In other studies, mice exposed to THC or related substances were more likely than unexposed mice to develop bacterial infections and tumors
All this for a nice high. Not knocking any of you who do it but you want to know my opinion. If you can smoke weed and maintain a 4.0 gpa go get your cookie now because you deserve it. I hope your 4.0 finds you the cure for lung cancer

Reddit
Old 03-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I am not even going to bother listing my reasons. You want to get high go for it. I don't care. Sure we all die but I dont want to spend the last years of my life dieing from cancer. I had to watch my grandfather do that. It is stupid and it is pointless. But hey its not my life is it? If it feels good do it right?? And you people wonder why the world is going down the drain.....

Fix the prison problem by simply not sending them to prison for possession. There are so many other ways.

As far as people serving more time for possession than murder... prove it
Well Brent the truth of the matter is There are thousands of people in prison under the 3 strikes legislation passes in the 90's as a way of deterring criminals from doing the crime. So a person who has only murder once gets 20 years but is paroled in 7. A person caught with a ounce or less, very little pot, 3 times under the habitual offenders act you are put away form 40 to life. These are not hard core criminals They are people smoking a substance that comes naturally out of the ground and rope use to be made from it.

I have not smoked in 20 years but I do know it is not something people should be put in prison for unless they sell to minors then they should rot in hell. Then again if the government regulated it, taxed it and lic'ed growers they would make huge revenues from it.

As far as stoners go. Losers are losers no mater if they smoke or drink!! Most
adults use it just like alcohol. Most of you do know before prohibition pot and many other pharmaceuticals were legal to use without a perscription. When prohibition came they made everything mind altering illegal. Guess who made out. The gangesters and the Drug companies. Today in almost the rest of the world Codeine is over the counter yet in the US alone it is controlled.

When prohibition was abolished alcohol was allowed but the creation of the US food and drug administration which put control of medicinal chemicals and plants under there control and created a giant problem in the drug companies having ultimate control of your health and medical expensences. Just look how much medicine is today. Just ask your parents what they pay out in medical expenses a year!!!

So in a nutshell organized crime florishes in enviroments where people want something the governnent makes illegal. We spend billions trying to fight it and yet in every high school, college, street alley in the US you will find pot. Jesus the current policies and war on drugs is really working !!!!!

To the US the real problem is not pot but the lost revenue because the money is untaxable making organized crime richer and more powerful. Legalizing it, regulating it does away with the organized crimes involvment in it.

I am a Conservative and have been so for my entire life but the whole pot thing and the wasted billions trying to fight it is just insane. There are bigger problems we need to deal with and that money could go to better use fixing them.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
All this for a nice high. Not knocking any of you who do it but you want to know my opinion. If you can smoke weed and maintain a 4.0 gpa go get your cookie now because you deserve it. I hope your 4.0 finds you the cure for lung cancer
Brent there are a lot of things that can cause cancer, heart disease, liver failure, stroke. The number one killer of people is heart disease period and the number one cause of it is the diet we have as Americans. Burger King, Pizza Hut, Krispy Kreme, Coke, Pepsi. High Frutose corn syrup used as a sweetner in just about everything we eat. Trans fats in just about everything we eat. These are the real killers. Pot is responsible so few health deaths compared to the FOOD WE EAT !!!!! Peolpe dont smoke pot at the same levels as they smoke cigarettes. I know people who smoke 1-2 packs a day that is 20-40 cigarettes a day. Nobody smokes 20 or 30 joints a day HAHAHHAHAHHAHA.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #28
Regular

Will you list how you would handle the legalization of Marijuana? How would you regulate it? What would you send someone to jail over?

Reddit
Old 03-06-2005, 09:36 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Will you list how you would handle the legalization of Marijuana? How would you regulate it? What would you send someone to jail over?
First off I would go about it just like they did Alcohol after Prohibition. Make it fall under the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and firearms (BATF). I would make laws providing for licensing of Growers and the purchasing of a license to grow. I would use the current ABC stores and Alcohol stores to sell the product with them buying additional lics to be able to sell it. The buyer would pay taxes when they bought it.

As for violators. I would treat the sale of it to minors the same way I would selling alcohol to minors. The system is in place. Any drug dealers left after the legalization of pot would be treated as anyone contributing to the deliquency of a minor and punished accordingly.

I would arrest anyone growing large quantities without a lic for not buying a lic and attempting to distribute without a lic and tax evasion. Violators would face the same amount of time as any tax evader. They would either spend time in jail or face heavy monetary penalties.

All other narcotic drugs would be treated as they are today as a felony
Old 03-06-2005, 11:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

pot rules, i love it but havent been able to do it in years.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i think it should be legal period. theres more things we should spend money on than trying to stop the ever growing flow of it into the US. and if we were to legalize it, you can grow it for cheap, and sell it for alot and tax it and make huge amounts of money. i know if we taxed it and sold it in cali, in a year wed have no more defecit. just multiply that by 50 and the US would be out of its financial hole theyre in.

i think its funny how you grow up all innocent and know nothing that goes on around you, then when you get older you learn how many of your adult neighbors still toke up, how many family members toke up(i got high with my aunt on new years eve a year ago) and how many of the IB kids or the smart kids do massive amounts of the **** at school. ill tell you what, i was a 2.0 kid all through school, and senior year i got a 3.6, and i got stoned more senior year than fresh, soph and junior put together.

i know the effects of marijuana, its like drilled in your head from 1st grade. how it can effect the brain long term, and of course anything that comes in your lungs in the form of something that was burning of course isnt good for you, thus why if your house burns down you do NOT inhale the smoke, theres a reason for that.

i however have not done it in about a year. after HS i basically stopped, maybe a few times after that me and a buddy found a party with it around and just took a few hits. i have however tried whats called "salvia extract" and the 30x kind. its labeled as a Incense in cali and they sell it at smoke shops. it is a hallucinogen though, cause you will see and do some crazy **** when your on it. good thing about it though, the high lasts 10 minutes at most, and youre fine 20 minutes afterwards. gotta know how to smoke it though, it comes in like little BB's. you have to smoke it from a water bong and use the Torch Lighters, cause it must burn hotter than any other for it to release its contents.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:29 AM   #32
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I think I'll get blazed this w/e.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

We are all human beings... If we want to do something we should beable to make the choice to do it.
No one should beable to regulate what you do with your own body.I dont look down on people when they do things that I dont do. People need to loosen up and understand that nothing is harmless. People die everyday of billions of different things.. While we're here lets make our own choices live our life the way we should. Being happy.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

brent- the three strikes rule is what i was refering to. and normally its just the growers and ppl with over an ounce on them. and O is about the same amount of tobbaco in a pack of Cigs just so every one knows. and its is a personal freedom and i think it would solve alot of the countrys problems.

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar