opinions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: agree or disagree
agree 3 20.00%
disagree 6 40.00%
not sure 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
opinions?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7212079/

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
depends if they can keep her alive or not.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

alive for what? so she can live in a vegetated state for another 15 years

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2005, 06:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

im all for rehabilitation, and trying to save someone, dont get me wrong. But 15 years, let her rest in peace.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 03-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-
she basically dead now..

like warfire said..if they keep her alive she will just be a vegetable...let her rest already, I agree with it being removed.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:35 PM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee
omg please just protest without making your self look like a dumbass. Hold a sign or something. That just makes you look even dumber and does not help your cause.

I don't know honestly. Would she die slowly without the tube? Honestly if you believe this is your only life and then after this there is nothing then for her its just over.. this is all she has left... who knows that is not a decision I want to ever have to make.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
omg please just protest without making your self look like a dumbass. Hold a sign or something. That just makes you look even dumber and does not help your cause.

I don't know honestly. Would she die slowly without the tube? Honestly if you believe this is your only life and then after this there is nothing then for her its just over.. this is all she has left... who knows that is not a decision I want to ever have to make.

I would never want to make a decision like that either.......and the whole tape on the mouth thing is pretty stupid.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 03-18-2005, 06:43 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

no.. what i meant by keeping her alive is there any hope for her? if there is hope then i wouldnt but if she is going to be a vegetable forever then no. its a hard choice to make.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

im not totally sure if there is hope for her, but after 15 years I would tell myself, its time to let her go.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 03-18-2005, 06:51 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

no.. i got the best idea...

...sell her on ebay! haha oh man that was a horrible joke.... i apologize.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 03-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfire80
im all for rehabilitation, and trying to save someone, dont get me wrong. But 15 years, let her rest in peace.
totally agree

all of that medical stuff could be going to use on someone who could use it, not someone who will almost never recover

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 1997grnstang
to be honest with you, i live like 15 minutes from clearwater, florida where terry's hospice is at and im dead sick of hearing about this dam case. my area has been hearing about it for months now and most people agree its time to let her go. she has no ability to do anything, the machines are keeping her alive and after 15 years i think its time. ever since this got all political its just been plain rediculous. her husband wants to let her go but her parents insists that she'll pull through. its just time to let her go.
5-speed
1997grnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Oops, I voted disagree and meant agree, imadumbass.

There is more to the story that what I see some posters write. She's been in this state for 15 years but it isn't till after 7 years went by that her "husband" remembered she didn't want to live like that. Same "husband" who is living with another woman and has two kids by her. Same husband that stands to inherit a substantial trust fund when Terri dies. Yeah he's all concerned about her best interest.

What's the rush to kill her? The only person claiming she said she never wanted to be kept alive by artificial means is her less than honorable husband.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to mydi777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman

There is more to the story that what I see some posters write. She's been in this state for 15 years but it isn't till after 7 years went by that her "husband" remembered she didn't want to live like that. Same "husband" who is living with another woman and has two kids by her. Same husband that stands to inherit a substantial trust fund when Terri dies. Yeah he's all concerned about her best interest.

What's the rush to kill her? The only person claiming she said she never wanted to be kept alive by artificial means is her less than honorable husband.

Steve
THANK YOU!!! :yup:

If my daughter ended up in a situation like that I WOULD NOT want her "husband" trying to have her put to death based on something that he has no proof to back up!!! He wants the $$$$, and if he just divorces her so that her parents can take care of her he won't be intitled to the $$$$!

The heart ache her parents feel right now must be tremendous and my prayers are with Terri and HER family!!!!
mydi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #16
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Good Points and I remember someone saying something about that in the past but forgot about it till now.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to wendyc Send a message via Yahoo to wendyc
I personally think the husband should have divorced her years ago. I mean he has a gf now anyway. He's just trying to get rid of her so he can do what he wants and have her life insurance money. I think if he was going to move on with his life without her, he should have divorced her and given her family rights to decisions like this. I think that if a doctor says she can be rehabilitated they might as well let her family have her and work with her. It's a hard situation because it's highly unlikelly she will get better.

1. It's not right to starve her to death because that is basically abuse. However, it's ironic that an eating disorder to keep herself thin got her in this mess to start with!
2. Can't euthanize her because that is downright KILLING her.

Seems like if the husband had been offered the million dollars years ago before this was in the public eye, he would have taken the money and run. Now he can't or he looks like the biggest @sshole in the world!

And I didn't realize he had two kids with the other woman. What @sshole would do that and not divorce the wife?! I hope he fries in HELL!

FullThrottleFords.com
wendyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:59 PM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Just so everybody knows, if I'm ever in a coma or a vegetable without a specific good prognosis from a doctor for more than 2 months, PULL THE DAMN PLUG. It's not worth the money or the problems it would cause.

I don't think it's about the husband as much as everybody wants it to be. I wouldn't want my parents trying to take care of me for 15 years when I am a vegetable. What kind of life is that? Is that life?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:44 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
pull the plug. by no means should a person have to live in a vegitative state for more than a few months. i remember the parents say "she blinks and moves her head when theyre around" wow that shows alot. it shows that her brain can only perform the most primitave of movements.

maybe the husband moved on, something the parents need to do. its a ****ty situation but its not like the husband asked for her to get fvcked up and what not.

i dont think the goverment should interfere the way theyre doing it right now. but on the other hand i dont think just removing her feeding tube and waiting for her to die of starvation is right either, i think that if we can put animals to sleep with a shot than humans in certain conditions like this ought to be put down the same painless and quick method.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:28 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...ri&floc=NW_1-T

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:39 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7254897/?GT1=6305

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 03-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #22
I liek gramer
Legacy

I'll be glad when this is over.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:54 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

^agree

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 03-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfire80
alive for what? so she can live in a vegetated state for another 15 years
i didn't click on the link, but i assume that we're talking about terry shiavo(sp), right?

if so, then i agree. in fact, i plan on telling my family that if i become a vegitable, i don't want to live.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to chips
and i would like to add...my opinion is not based on what her husband claims she told him. i dont believe him for a minute.

my opinion is based on my feelings about not wanting to see a family member be a vegitable for the rest of his/her life. if there is a good chance that she would recover, then great! rehabilitate her. but she's been like that for so long now that it's hopeless. just let her be in peace.

and back off Bush!!! this is none of your ****ing business! i've supported you up until now. i would be furious if you tried to pull that kind of bull**** with my family.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #26
I liek gramer
Legacy

I heard just a min ago on CNN News that her family says she can be "rehabilitated."

Well why the hell haven't they been rehabilitating her for the past 15 YEARS?!?!?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I heard just a min ago on CNN News that her family says she can be "rehabilitated."

Well why the hell haven't they been rehabilitating her for the past 15 YEARS?!?!?
Because her "So Called" husband is in control of her medical care, since by law he is her legal gaurdian he can and has refused all options for rehabilition!! :angryfire

Her parents have be trying for years to gain control over her medical care so that she could recieve the care she needs!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #28
I liek gramer
Legacy

I've heard reports from the doctors that she will never be a true normal person. She can never contribute to society, she will always require constant care and supervision, and she will always be a drain on anybody who must care for her. I know I'd never want to put my loved ones through that.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:43 PM   #29
I liek gramer
Legacy

Terri Schiavo's husband has already recieved the 1 million dollar insurance settlement, $700,000 of which has already gone to her medical bills. She's been in a brain dead state 15 years..
Old 03-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've heard reports from the doctors that she will never be a true normal person. She can never contribute to society, she will always require constant care and supervision, and she will always be a drain on anybody who must care for her. I know I'd never want to put my loved ones through that.
My issue with this whole thing is just the fact that her parents WANT to take care of her, they have begged and pleaded with her husband to let them take care of her but his response was to pull the plug on her!

Either way she is still a human being and to say that she needs to just die is to say that all people with out the mental capacity to "contribute" to society should be put to death to save us all the trouble of having to care for them!

She has a family that loves her, and right now she is being killed by her own husband, who CLAIMS to be fulfilling her wishes with no evidence to back it up, and it seems there is nothing her parents can do about it except watch their daughter slowly and painfully waste away!!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #31
I liek gramer
Legacy

Well, what makes her human? Her number of chromosomes? Her ability to think and reason? She no longer has that ability. And you can't say it's the number of chromosomes either. Several mentally retarding diseases are caused by a defect in the chromosomes of the individual. Take Down Syndrome for one. People who are afflicted with this disease do not have the same number of chromosomes as you and I do.

I think, especially after 15 years, I'd no longer want to see a loved one of mine in such a terrible condition. I feel her husband (who has been proven to be a scoundrel, but that is beside the point) is trying to do what he feels is right, and that is put her out of her misery.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
If I was ever in that state, I would want to be put out of my misery. I've been close to that state, and just the recovery from not moving for 2 months was enough to never want to go through that again. Rehabilitation...ha...more like torture. Never do I want to go through physical therapy and such again. I'd rather die than go through what I've been through before.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, what makes her human? Her number of chromosomes? Her ability to think and reason? She no longer has that ability. And you can't say it's the number of chromosomes either. Several mentally retarding diseases are caused by a defect in the chromosomes of the individual. Take Down Syndrome for one. People who are afflicted with this disease do not have the same number of chromosomes as you and I do.

I think, especially after 15 years, I'd no longer want to see a loved one of mine in such a terrible condition. I feel her husband (who has been proven to be a scoundrel, but that is beside the point) is trying to do what he feels is right, and that is put her out of her misery.
What difference does that make?? If her parents want to care for her they should have that right!

To say that anyone who is brain damaged or retarded should be put to death "for the greater good" is insane!!!! As far as I am concerned we do not have the right to determine for everyone else whether we think their family member shoud be "put out of their misery"!

Either way she is NOT brain dead she has brain damage! She not may be unable to hold a spoon or feed herself, but that does not make her life any less important to her FAMILY!!

Her husband is not her family, he moved on with his life a long time ago, if he wanted to fulfill her wishes he could have done it 15 years ago! Before he got a new woman and started a new family!

I don't want to argue about all of this stuff, all I am trying to say is she has just as much right to live as anyone else, and I think it is much harder for her family to have their daughter/sister put to death by her husband based on what he says is what she wanted with no proof to back it up, than it would have been if they had been given the right to take care of her in the first place!!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:56 PM   #34
I liek gramer
Legacy

It makes a lot of difference. I have a huge interest in Philosophy, and it sounds like you could use a little bit of it.

I'm not basing 100% of what I've said off of philosophy, just parts of it. It makes sense. Would you want to "live" like that?
Old 03-22-2005, 08:09 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I am mixed about this

On the one hand I believe a person has the right to die if inflected with a uncurable disease ior will be in a vegetative state.

I also believe when people marry the husband and wife have rights to speak for the other

On the other hand I understand the will of the parents to want to do everything they can to help their daughter

What really gets me is the girls family is on a assasination attack on the husband. They have brought up allegations of criminal wrong doing on the part of the husband when none of this has been proven.

All the films we see of here are from 2000-2001. Nobody wants us to see her now.

The family admits for the first couple of years the husband sent her all over the country to see the best specialist in the US to treat her with no luck. He even sued the hospital for malpratice and one over a million dollars and spent it all on her care.

But now all we hear is spin from the family and very little from the husband.

I saw on Fox Dr Dobson, Focus on the Family founder, And he was asked a guestion. If he did not have a will who would you want to speak for you. He said "his wife who else would he choose" I agree if the guy was a loving husband should he not have a say so!!!!

So back to the problem. We are not told everything from both side. The Congress has more important issues to address than to pass a law specifically for her. I will also say tons of specialist have come in and have been split on this issue and so am I

I dont have a right to decide her fate and either does Congress. I am sorry but she appears to be a vegetable and I would want to pass away myself. To me it is about quality of life.

To me her Husband has the power to choose Because the law says so. if there was any evidence that he was responsible for her condition then bring charges up on him.

In my gut I feel the parents are just refusing to let go. But I am no Dr and I am glad I dont have to decide on this

The real irony is nobody wins. Terry's has already lost and everyone else is selfishly thinking of themselves.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar