Post I want everyone to read - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2005, 01:12 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Post I want everyone to read

Okay after all the **** and joking that has been made towards me about going back and forth on vehicle choices. I figured it would be a good time to explain some stuff.

When I turned 16 my mom was laid off and my dad was having to support me, my mom and my sister and at the time my jobless brother in law. So since he couldn't get a job I was forced to put my schooling aside and get a job so we could actually live without us losing our van and the house. So for a year and a half I worked my *** off and literally gave my checks to my parents to help from losing it all. I was 16 supposed to not have any real worries or have to worry about the house payment being paid or the payment so we had a car to get around. I should of been out there having fun doing what every normal 16 y/o was able to do, but I couldn't. I lost so much time being just a kid. I've had a lot more struggles then just that in my life I will not go in to.

So yeah once things were okay and I could actually keep my money again. I started to go crazy with cars and slowly got myself in a tough spot. I realised this after I got my truck and even at that was trying to find a way to get things strait which lead to all the flip flopping with the vehicle crap. I realised that and stopped because all I was going to do is dig myself a deeper hole. So now i'm just working myself out of it slowly. I made the post about the mustangs just to get some insight on them. I was not planning to buy them new and wasn't going to be getting them for a couple more years. I debated it for a while weither or not to post and I decided to knowing that **** would happen. However only a select few said anything.

You all probably think i'm some guy who doesn't know **** about anything, but I know more then you think. I'm not some "n00b" yeah i've made mistakes just like everyone else has at one time or another. I'm not asking for any sympathy or anything like that. Just to be treated with respect like I give to people. I gave nate a hard time when he went back and forth and no matter what he's a good friend and i'd of backed him no matter what he choose. He made his decision and is happy. I know most of y'all are trying to look out for me and try and keep my from screwing things up and I appreciate that.

Sometimes life can be pretty ****ed up, but you deal with it and work with it. Thats what i'm trying to do. So all I ask is please avoid making comments like that. If you want to help me out thats cool just be nice about it. It gets annoying hearing the same comment made by 5 different people ONCE is enough and is still too much. I know this is a forum and joking will happen and i'm totally fine with it, but most the time it is more then just joking and that is what bothers me most the time. Anyway speak your mind on what i've said.

I also want to send out an say i'm sorry to anyone I may have rubbed the wrong way or offend or anything of the sort.

Mike
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2005, 01:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
Damn that sounds like a rough time glad you got everything worked out was able to take care of everything dont really have anything against you or w/e just try and give you my opinion on what id do if it were my truck or my car w/e n try to help you out in making a decision all that matters is that ur happy with what you have and what you've done we're just here to give you ideas
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:28 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark02Pony
Damn that sounds like a rough time glad you got everything worked out was able to take care of everything dont really have anything against you or w/e just try and give you my opinion on what id do if it were my truck or my car w/e n try to help you out in making a decision all that matters is that ur happy with what you have and what you've done we're just here to give you ideas
Thanks man. I've never had a problem with you either so its cool
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2005, 01:28 AM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You want advice I'll give it to you straight up and honest but not on the forum anymore. You may think I do not know alot about this stuff but trust me I do. I know to not bank on something going your way and I know that you can not rely on a apartment complex job for job security. You get the job and you get your cobra you get your 75% off your apartment and then you get your free electricity etc etc... and then 6 months later you lose the job for whatever reason.... **** what now?

Every penny counts and if you really want to reach a goal money wise you can do it. It takes self control. No spending money on parts for the truck.. just flat out saving and working your *** off.

I work 6 days a week pretty much right now and go to college while maintaining this site and paying for the server and my insurance. If you want it bad enough you can get anything but you have to have self control and a clear cut goal you stick to.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to 04MonteSS
Well said Brent...well said. :thumbs2: I mean I'm also trying to save money for a trip I plan on going on after I am done with Culinary school, but hey I'm a kid and I screw up sometimes. So I try to get back on track and keep reminding myself not to spend any money I make, but to save it for the trip.
Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression, but Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you.
04MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:34 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
You want advice I'll give it to you straight up and honest but not on the forum anymore. You may think I do not know alot about this stuff but trust me I do. I know to not bank on something going your way and I know that you can not rely on a apartment complex job for job security. You get the job and you get your cobra you get your 75% off your apartment and then you get your free electricity etc etc... and then 6 months later you lose the job for whatever reason.... **** what now?

Every penny counts and if you really want to reach a goal money wise you can do it. It takes self control. No spending money on parts for the truck.. just flat out saving and working your *** off.

I work 6 days a week pretty much right now and go to college while maintaining this site and paying for the server and my insurance. If you want it bad enough you can get anything but you have to have self control and a clear cut goal you stick to.
I'm not relying on anything brent I was stating what my goal was. Also I never said you didn't know anything, but you were talking to me like I didn't. SO I had to make sure that it was clearly stated that I did know.

I also work damn hard for what I have .I've had many set backs and i've managed to survive. I've got my mind set on what I want and I have for years.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 03-22-2005, 01:37 AM   #7
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge
I'm not relying on anything brent I was stating what my goal was. Also I never said you didn't know anything, but you were talking to me like I didn't. SO I had to make sure that it was clearly stated that I did know.

I also work damn hard for what I have .I've had many set backs and i've managed to survive. I've got my mind set on what I want and I have for years.
I never said you didn't know anything I just did not understand where you were coming from half the time. It sounded like you were banking on these things happening. Goals are good but you have to have a safety net to fall back on if something happens.

www.daveramsey.com

Reddit
Old 03-22-2005, 01:45 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I never said you didn't know anything I just did not understand where you were coming from half the time. It sounded like you were banking on these things happening. Goals are good but you have to have a safety net to fall back on if something happens.

www.daveramsey.com
trust me if all goes well and I land this job i'll have my cobra savings and a regular savings. Im also planning to once I get about 1k saved up I can spare i'm going to put it into CDS(no not the music kind for any confused) and about 10 years it should be worth a good bit more then that. Right now my bills are right a t 750 a month. So i'll be making roughly 1450 a month at 11 an hour so that will leave me with about 600ish. 200 will goto the cobra saving fund and about 100-150 into regular savings and i'd still have plenty of money to live off of. I doubt I will jump into moving out for a while still, but I do plan to be out of the house by the time I try and get a new mustang.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 03-22-2005, 01:53 AM   #9
Regular

What I am wanting is a national sales tax, irs gone, social security privatized or optional. Then we can talk about saving money. Income tax bracket is so screwed up its ridiculous. Until people stop relying on the damn government to keep them alive after they retire this country will remain in the poor economical state that it is in now. Allowing the government to waste more and more of our money.

That is at my current payrate 180 dollars a month extra cash I will have to do what I please with. That goes along way into a roth ira, mutal fund, cd etc. CD's I am not to fond of I would rather put the money into a Roth IRA and Mutal Fund.. Roth for long term and Mutal Fund to let it grow and it be there if I need it.

Reddit
Old 03-22-2005, 02:16 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
quit yer *****ing.

if i asked people how they like my car i wouldnt get offended if they said "undercars are gay" or "4bangers suck, get a GT" or " isnt that a chick car?". if im asking for opinions youre dam shibby im prepared to face the jury if people dont like a certain thing. if i cared what they think i wouldnt need their opinion. if you ask for someones opinion for a certain thing about such and such vehicle be prepared for some real feedback.

honestly dude i dont get annoyed easily but youre taking the cake. theres only 1 other guy who annoyed me as much as you do, and he had a srt4 and is banned.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:48 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
quit yer *****ing.

if i asked people how they like my car i wouldnt get offended if they said "undercars are gay" or "4bangers suck, get a GT" or " isnt that a chick car?". if im asking for opinions youre dam shibby im prepared to face the jury if people dont like a certain thing. if i cared what they think i wouldnt need their opinion. if you ask for someones opinion for a certain thing about such and such vehicle be prepared for some real feedback.

honestly dude i dont get annoyed easily but youre taking the cake. theres only 1 other guy who annoyed me as much as you do, and he had a srt4 and is banned.
Talk about *****ing, your sitting here *****ing about me *****ing lol. I asked for feed on a car not to get slammed with retarded comments about things i've said in the past. That is why I posted this so hopefully that kind of **** would stop and I could get real feedback. Anyway if I annoy you so much stop reading my posts. Nobody forces you to do it but yourself. So my final word is stop your *****ing and get over it. I truely dont care what people think about my truck. I expect negative comments. It's part of life trust me i know that very well. I'm not sitting here whinning about it because i'm over it. However some members aren't. Which was the whole point behind this post. So you can either play nice and get along and chill and be cool or be an *** about it. Choice is yours man
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 03-22-2005, 03:31 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
Dude, Don't mean to bust your balls here, but if you're just going to hang it out there...

I want a newer, better ride than I have now. Everybody does. But you simply have to have your priorities straight. If $200 a month is going to the dream car fund, and $100-150 is going to the regular savings account, you're setting yourself up for disaster. I know you want the cool ride, but you're going to need a big cusion to fall on. There are infinate reasons why you should be saving more in regular savings than a car fund.

No matter how much we love our cars, they're just fancy trash cans specifically designed to burn money. A vehicle is no way to save money.

Why does all this matter? Because when the **** hits the fan and you're flat broke, your options are none. I found that out the hard way when my mom went into ICU in TX while I was stationed in AZ. I couldn't get myself there. I had to take out a loan to go sit at my mother's bedside in ICU.

I've got examples for days, but I think you get my point. Don't be the guy with the cool car who has only the cool car, and no legs to stand on. It may mean that you have to wait longer, but you'll be more able to enjoy it later.

Learn from us old fart's mistakes, don't make the same mistakes yourself.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:37 AM   #13

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to JHL981
Sorry to hear about your hard times man!
JHL981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:50 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL981
Sorry to hear about your hard times man!
yeah agree

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:20 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Well here is my take on this. sonic04edge you seem to be a cool guy. I have not had any problems with you but you do seem to be wanting some kind of positive affirmation on all the mods you want to accomplish on your truck which is cool but you should expect a fair amout of ribbing to go along with that simply because it is a truck. This does not mean I condone vicious attacks on you personally but you can expect people to have some fun with it. Nothing on this board should resort to personal attacks. Everyone should be decent.

As for working towards a goal in the car you want. Buy what you can afford!!! Plain and simple.

Corey
Old 03-22-2005, 07:14 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to mydi777
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge
trust me if all goes well and I land this job i'll have my cobra savings and a regular savings. Im also planning to once I get about 1k saved up I can spare i'm going to put it into CDS(no not the music kind for any confused) and about 10 years it should be worth a good bit more then that. Right now my bills are right a t 750 a month. So i'll be making roughly 1450 a month at 11 an hour so that will leave me with about 600ish. 200 will goto the cobra saving fund and about 100-150 into regular savings and i'd still have plenty of money to live off of. I doubt I will jump into moving out for a while still, but I do plan to be out of the house by the time I try and get a new mustang.

Hey, I am not sure that I know exactly what all of this fuss is about, but don't let your troubles get the better of you! You're learning things about resposibility that most teenagers don't learn till they fall flat on their faces! :yup:

Everyone has hard times, (Unless you're filthy stinking RICH!!) Don't let it make you bitter! Use the things you learn to your advantage and it will mature you, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, I don't know too many teenagers that would give up their paycheck and put their own wants aside to help pay the bills!

Hell most teenagers I know can't even balance a check book! Or mommy and Daddy get them whatever they want any they never have to be responsible for anything!

There is nothing wrong with having a goal, and if you want something it doesn't hurt to start planning ahead!

When I first saw the 05 Stang I wanted one sooo bad!!! I knew I couldn't afford one, but that didn't stop me from building the "perfect one" on the ford web site over and over again, and drooling all over my computer screen!

It took me a few months to come back to reality and get over the obsession! I came to the same conclusion you did, if you want it bad enough you can wait till the 05 or whatever year/model you have your eye on is "preowned" and the price goes way down! That is what I will most likely do as well. :thumbs2:

If you have extra money every month why not pay $100 extra a month on your truck payment and get it paid of as fast as possible? Not only will it make your credit look really good, you don't have to worry about the payments anymore then you can double what you put in your savings.

BTW:
Try not to get upset with these guys for fussing at you, it seems to me they just care about you! Just from what I have read it seems that they are good friends and just want to make sure you don't get in over your head!
mydi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:58 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
two things:
1.**** happens to everyone. I am almost sure that anyone on this forum can give you a sad story from their life and how they had to sacrifice something at one point or another. Thing is, life is hard. Instead of pondering about what happened to you in the past and blaming that for everything wrong that happens to you in the present, I say forget about it and look forward, cause that is the only way you are going. No need to look back. "I used to complain about not having shoes until I met a man with no feet" that saying just says it all, while you might think you have it hard, there is always someone that is ten times worse than you. If you think about that for a little while, you will realize you are blessed in comparison to many others in the world.

2. Prioritize!!!!...I think that says it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:03 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
good luck man.. just remember.. you can get anything you put your mind to.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
two things:
1.**** happens to everyone. I am almost sure that anyone on this forum can give you a sad story from their life and how they had to sacrifice something at one point or another. Thing is, life is hard. Instead of pondering about what happened to you in the past and blaming that for everything wrong that happens to you in the present, I say forget about it and look forward, cause that is the only way you are going. No need to look back. "I used to complain about not having shoes until I met a man with no feet" that saying just says it all, while you might think you have it hard, there is always someone that is ten times worse than you. If you think about that for a little while, you will realize you are blessed in comparison to many others in the world.

Trust me man I know what your talking about. I dont look upon the past with any form of regret. I was more then happy to help my parents, it made me feel good and proud. Life has definately sent me more then my fare share of curves. However I do know that there are people out there in much worse situations then me. That's something that I live by. It's the main thing that keeps me from going back into the depression I had when I was 15.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 03-22-2005, 10:49 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
As for working towards a goal in the car you want. Buy what you can afford!!! Plain and simple.

First and formost I dunno why you had to go and explain yourself to the haters. Cause its just that they hate for whatever reason they have. WHo cares most o fthe people that make the negative comments arent people your ever gonna meet. So why explain yourself.

But since you put it out there, see the two comments I have quoted. Is the best advice you need to take. esp the second one. When I had my V6 I just HAD to be the fastest one out there no matter what I had to do. I did it but was it wise. nope i was in some serious debt. I was that man wit the car wit no legs. I learned young. sold the car payed off my debts and now finally made the move to go back to school

Just some advice. and wish ya luck in your future buyings
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

man im so lucky i never even had to get a job till i was like 19. parents had payed for every thing i had since then. and weve never even been in a situation where we are low on cash (since i was born, but when my parents first came to this country they struggled.) its very cool to be well off economically.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:31 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
man im so lucky i never even had to get a job till i was like 19. parents had payed for every thing i had since then. and weve never even been in a situation where we are low on cash (since i was born, but when my parents first came they struggled.) its very cool to be well off economically.
i spent the first few years of my life in a trailer and my dad borrowed money from friends to buy me milk as a baby. my dad makes a decent living now but we are still in credit card debt. i worked for pretty much everything i have now. ive been working since i was 14, every moment besides soccer season. now i attend college based on college loans with no support from my family whatsoever. this is only fuel for the fire to make a good life for myself so i dont have to deal with what they dealt with.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas
i spent the first few years of my life in a trailer and my dad borrowed money from friends to buy me milk as a baby. my dad makes a decent living now but we are still in credit card debt. i worked for pretty much everything i have now. ive been working since i was 14, every moment besides soccer season. now i attend college based on college loans with no support from my family whatsoever. this is only fuel for the fire to make a good life for myself so i dont have to deal with what they dealt with.
sucks man. just reading some of these post made me relize how lucky ive been.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar