I'm so Proud... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to mydi777
Talking I'm so Proud...

I have been trying to get my key fobs programmed without success, so I finally took my car to a Ford Dealership to see if they could figure it out. The salesman cranked my car up and when he heard it roar on startup he asked me if it was a GT! I told him it wasn't and he didn't believe me , He cranked my car 4 times just to hear it! Before it was over I had 4 salesmen hovering around my car, just so they could hear it rumble! I told them it was because it had flowmaster dual exhaust and they where like :worship: !

Well after multiple attempts to program my fobs he said that I probably had the wrong ones for my car (got them off ebay), so I went to a different Ford Dealer for a second opinion. This time I had 2 salesmen trying to program the fobs and one of them cranked my car, both of them where like is that a V8? Of course I said no it has...Ect., and they where doing the :worship: thing LOL!

They couldn't program the fobs either so they sent me to the service department, as soon as I pulled into the garage 3 mechanics stopped what they where doing to come and drool over my car, they too thought it was a GT! (Pretty cool when even "Certified Ford Technicians" can't tell the difference! ) Well to make long story short they :worship: my car and asked me a bunch of questions about it, they told me that the remotes I have are fine but there is something wrong with my PATS system so I will have to get it fixed before it will accept the remote signal...

But at least now I have something to brag about! Hee...Heee
mydi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 07:31 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
That's pretty cool. I was looking at a dealership the other day, and dude asked if I wanted to trade in my GT on a new 05 GT. I said yeh...if it's a dead even trade lol.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
That's pretty cool. I was looking at a dealership the other day, and dude asked if I wanted to trade in my GT on a new 05 GT. I said yeh...if it's a dead even trade lol.
Yeah really! If I had the money to throw around I'd be in an 05!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 07:48 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
haha mechanics for me always go.. "its a v6 right?" they know but they want to be sure because there is alittle doubt. its probably the bumper that gives it away.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas
haha mechanics for me always go.. "its a v6 right?" they know but they want to be sure because there is alittle doubt. its probably the bumper that gives it away.
werd
but pre-99's dont have that problem

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:45 AM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
some cop asked me if I had a v8 in mine, I just stared at my decals on the side, which proclaim v6stangs.com, and said, nope, looks like a sixer...
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:59 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I am always being asked how I like my 5.0 HEHEHEHEHE. Hell I have had mustang owners ask me why do I have 3.8 emblems on my 5.0 HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. I have beat Gt's and they asked why I put bogus emblems on my V8 MUHAHAHAHAHHA.

In the parking lot at my Office I had a Cobra, GT, 73 Corvette and me all lined up together and when we were all idling everyone kept asking who had the hot cam because My car was more evil sounding than any of them!!! BAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Life is fun when you have a evil V6
Old 03-31-2005, 12:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
yeah evil V6s do rule....No-one ever questioned my old V6 till they clearly saw my taillights.

Then you upgrade to a V8 and no-one wants a part of u booo
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:14 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
no offense im not knocking the v6'ers but If those ford people cant tell a difference in a v6 to v8 sound...im not having them work on anything I own.

yea I know blue, I had to invite my self into a race between a cavalier and a maxima the other night, the maxima came up next to me then flew past to catch the cavy but; I caught both of em at the next light and showed em a thing or 2. silly kids
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
no offense im not knocking the v6'ers but If those ford people cant tell a difference in a v6 to v8 sound...im not having them work on anything I own.

yea I know blue, I had to invite my self into a race between a cavalier and a maxima the other night, the maxima came up next to me then flew past to catch the cavy but; I caught both of em at the next light and showed em a thing or 2. silly kids
Actually with a large cam, P&P Intakes and Larger Exhaust with flowthru mufflers at Idle it is tough to distinguish a 3.8 from a stock 5.0. Now once you accelerate that is a diferent story the V6 sound is completely different.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Actually with a large cam, P&P Intakes and Larger Exhaust with flowthru mufflers at Idle it is tough to distinguish a 3.8 from a stock 5.0. Now once you accelerate that is a diferent story the V6 sound is completely different.
I'm still not sure about what "add-ons" the previous owner put on the Stang I have, I know I have true dual Flowmasters, but I don't know what kind they are.

I'm not sure what to look for as far as other mods go but I have to wonder if there are other upgrades to my car that I don't know about...
Old 03-31-2005, 07:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
pre-99 v6s have "mustang" spelled out on the back, as oppose to the gt have "mustang gt" on the back, thats how you tell on 94-98s
Matt'sredbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:04 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
goes to show you some salesman know little or nothing about the cars they sell
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:38 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

I love going up to the dealership and listening to what they're telling potential buyers. It cracks me up. Normally, I'll wait till I hear a load of crap, and correct them. I love doing it. Esp when they start talking bout mustangs. It's fun to test drive a car, and know twice as much as the salesman does, they say something, and it's followed by your correcting them.
Our's:
Old 03-31-2005, 08:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
lol brad.....

i was just about to say the same thing....I remember when the 05s first hit the showroom at the local dealership by me. Me and my dad went to check em out cause the explorer needed to have some warranty service done. I go up to the car and a salesman comes up to me and starts talking about the engine. I think he mentioned something about the car having a new motor that Ford made specifically for the mustang. That's all that it took....quickly I chimed in and was like "My mom has an 02 XLT explorer and trust me its an explorer engine". My dad laughed and the salesman quickly said they made some changes. I was like "yea, you mean drive-by-wire? yea that **** is garbage". Guy got kinda POed and went and helped someone looking at a new freestyle.

Even at the autoshows when you hear people looking at a car and talking nonsense. It's hilarious...that or when the rep on the stage starts spouting off specs and says something wrong. You can see all the mustang enthusiasts in the croud shake their head and turn to their wives or friends and explain why the rep was wrong.
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:45 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeh, I'm ready for the 06 Cobra to come out...I went up the local SVT dealership the other day, none of them even knew about it yet lol. I pulled out my laptop and showed them a few pictures and such. It's fun to educate the ppl at Ford. I'm trying to get in good with them so I can test drive a cobra....
Our's:
Old 03-31-2005, 08:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I love going up to the dealership and listening to what they're telling potential buyers. It cracks me up. Normally, I'll wait till I hear a load of crap, and correct them. I love doing it. Esp when they start talking bout mustangs. It's fun to test drive a car, and know twice as much as the salesman does, they say something, and it's followed by your correcting them.
I've done that too...Man that's fun!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
Just because you brought up this topic, I think I might take a trip to the dealership tomorrow to check up on the GTs and see if they got any verts on the floor yet...

I can always use a good laugh after school =P I also get some looks when I pull my car into the dealership I bought it at. The guy that sold it to me always asks me what's new on it when I go over there.
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJStang86
Just because you brought up this topic, I think I might take a trip to the dealership tomorrow to check up on the GTs and see if they got any verts on the floor yet...

I can always use a good laugh after school =P I also get some looks when I pull my car into the dealership I bought it at. The guy that sold it to me always asks me what's new on it when I go over there.
They had white 05 vert with a gold mustang stripe at one of the dealerships I went to!

Niiiccee!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar