Its not that I hate Camaros.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Its not that I hate Camaros....

....its just that this is hilarious:

GM tries to pitch Camaro to gay men - Top Stocks Blog - MSN Money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Its not that I hate Camaros....

just goes to show why GM is going down hill. instead of marketing the car to gearheads. They point to **** that are gonna buy a prius.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

wow.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

They did market the car to gearheads, and it failed. The gearhead population can't support a production car on its own, especially with the way the economy is. Pretend mustang only came in a GT model, it would have failed too. Mustang is a fun platform with lots of potential, but don't delude yourselves into thinking it would be nearly as successful if the v-6 version wasn't such a hugely popular and cheap introductory car for high school kids.

Unfortunately for GM, the late model camaros (pre-new model) were ugly as ****, not to mention difficult cars for a 16 year old to handle, so nobody bought them in a v-6. The only people that bought camaros were the people that wanted LT1 or LS1 power and you saw how well that worked out.

(The article actually said that the video was produced by a 3rd party and chevrolet just supported them and provided a car for the video, and you can't really hate a floundering company for trying any and everything it can to get its feet back on the ground, plus every executive in GM is a huge d-bag anyways, so what do you expect, the models were probably their gay lovers)

tl;dr: lol chevy likes homos lol GAY

About the author: I was a huge GM guy pre-bailout but after seeing the way they treated their dealerships and customers afterwards made me swear them off, but this is still hitting below the belt imo.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

haha, that's funny...

Just makes Ford look better. They didn't have to take any bailout money, and don't have to stoop down to those levels to market and sell cars.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Oh man I have so many jokes now (and a few other things to say) but I will leave it at this:

I could of told you gays bought GM (nothing personal just saying that GM sucks).

and

Well GM is now a part of the Obama administration, what would you expect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

gay.com Style & Living

There's a certain charm about the Ford Mustang that makes it as suitable for gay men and women as the Mazda Miata

Gay Cars - Best Car for the Gay Gadget Lover

Way to go GM, trying to force your way into a market already firmly under Ford's control
Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Had to prove something?

I did see a new Camaro in Huntington Village July 4th. Not a gay town but filled with young and old yuppies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

The "something" I was trying to prove was that "gay" stopped being insulting in the fifth grade unless you live in a cave, and that mustangs are already considered a nice car by gay men or you might see more ford ads (well ford supported 3rd party ads, which is what the GM one apparently was) trying to get them noticed by the market.

but I guess I really shouldn't expect anything else but LOL ******* LOL from a bunch of ford guys right haha owned you homophobic philistines
Old 07-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

You are missing the point Will. The thought of the "typical" image of a woman in a bikini soaping up a car replaced with a dude in little yellow banana hammock is pretty hilarious. Besides, I have two Chrysler products sitting in the driveway so calling my a homophobic philistine ford guy doesn't really work
Old 07-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not missing the point of your OP. It's all the stuff after it that I don't get. I understand that the thought of it is funny, and bikini clad women posing with musclecars has been floating around on calendars since probably the 50s, but the article said that some gay organization did this, and GM just supported them by providing them a car to dance around.

In the U.S., GM has tacitly supported online campaigns by homosexual Camaro fans. The YouTube videos were created by a Camaro enthusiast to promote "Gay Day at the Movies," a Los Angeles event featuring a screening of the new Transformers movie. Chevrolet supplied the vehicle used in the video, said company spokesman Adam Denison.

I don't know how that makes GM a laughingstock or "stooping to their level". If they want to quietly support a 3rd party organization that is promoting their product to a legitimate consumer base, it would be bad business practice to oppose it or ignore it on the grounds of "the internet will mock us"

I have no problem with your original post, and I agree that its a funny story. I understand your point that it was funny in the way it departed from the norm and was exactly the opposite of what you have come to expect from car marketing, its the whole "stooping to the level of acknowledging gay people exist" and "downfall of GM" kind of things that I really don't understand. Plus I was bored and I thought a topic about gays in a mostly southeastern based car forum would be good for some fireworks. I wonder if anyone will read far enough to see this before they reply. They obviously didn't read the article.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

well with only 4 models aimed at soccer moms and childless young men.... i think trying to push the camaro on every group is the only thing left... though i will say i really like the soccer mom and corvette idea :chin:

just out of curiosity, how many kids do you think one can fit in a camaro? and with out using the trunk (i know some of you were thinkin it)(i don't have kids, but i was thinking of all the groups mentioned in the article)

EDIT: do you think if i tell them i want to make a video of a bunch of gamers and tie it into the technology thing for transformers that they will drop a car off at my door step so that i can drive the crap outa... i mean uh.. use it in a film...

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Always new something was funny at GM !! The posting on the MSN Money are entertaining

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

wow talk about something that will be put in the face of every camaro owner everywhere...
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar