I hate to see things like this... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
I hate to see things like this...

http://www.furisdead.com/feat-harpseal.asp

open it.. read the title.. maybe watch a second or two.. then you'll probably close it in disgust...

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 08:55 PM   #2
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I watched the whole thing. It happens. Some people think the fur is worth it.

My opinion is that if you want to wear the fur, you can go kill your own seal. And I dunno how the people who club them sleep at night.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Its easy it is something like this

Whack

Snore Snore Snore

Mustang anything else is just a wanna be
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9...n123/corn2.gif
Mjcorn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 09:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
like the part where the seal is just coughing up blood, and the "sensitive photographer" just zooms in. Isn't that kind of a conflict in itself?

I agree with the above though. You wanna wear fur? Kill it yourself.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
reminds me of that tom green skit....
Old 04-07-2005, 09:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

why cant those souless bastards at least put the ones that dont die right away out of their misery
The Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:27 PM   #7
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Its sad, but the things go unconcious in the first blow.. the other few are to kill it. Those clubs have spikes on the end that will kill the animal in the same amount of time as a bullet or arrow. I personally dont like when people get all bent out of shape about killing animals for human needs. If people like the fur, they should be able to wear it. Its nothing different than back in the caveman days when they guys used to beat the **** out of a sabre toothed tiger or something like that. The seals are also used for food, and the blubber for certain things. Its not like they just cut the skin off and then leave the thing there... they actually use the whole thing. Animals were put on this earth for humans to eat/whatever else... so lets use them for that until they're at a dangerous population level. Obviously those seals are bangin like rabbits if theyre allowing 1/3 of the babies to be killed.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
We kill animals to control the population. If there wasn't a deer season..we'd all be overrun by deer. Same thing with all game animals. If we have to kill them, might as well use the fur/meat/horns/whatever else.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I dont disagree that they should be allowed to kill them, and i agree that they are using a good method because in most cases they are killed almost instantly.....im talking about where they let the one sit there and suffer. They should at least kill it
Old 04-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #10
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Animals dont really suffer though... theyre not rational so they cant sit there and think "oh this hurts" Havnt you ever noticed how if a dog breaks its let itll still limp around to try to move around, because it just goes on with routine. It wants to walk, its not thinking "oh this hurts" like humans would and just lay around all day. You gotta remember animals are far different when it comes to rationality and thought process. With that though, im not saying theres excuses to being inhumane to them, but I dont think we should get all worked up over the fact that something gets killed. I just cant stand PETA, those guys are such retards it makes my head hurt.

I like toys
Old 04-07-2005, 10:28 PM   #11
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
Animals dont really suffer though... theyre not rational so they cant sit there and think "oh this hurts" Havnt you ever noticed how if a dog breaks its let itll still limp around to try to move around, because it just goes on with routine. It wants to walk, its not thinking "oh this hurts" like humans would and just lay around all day. You gotta remember animals are far different when it comes to rationality and thought process. With that though, im not saying theres excuses to being inhumane to them, but I dont think we should get all worked up over the fact that something gets killed. I just cant stand PETA, those guys are such retards it makes my head hurt.
wow, you know, i never looked at it that way. I like. I will remember that.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96
yeah good point and at least they werent skinning them alive like that other video form a litlle while back
Old 04-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I hate peta as well.....and dont care that they kill the seals to make fur....because its an income for alot of people, and i value the life of a human far more than that of ANY animal. But you cannot tell me that the seal that was there coughin up blood unable to move did not feel any pain......all im saying is that they should at least kill it so it doesnt suffer like they did for the rest of them
Old 04-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #14
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Honestly, Ill bet when they club those seals... it paralizes them and then the movement that still goes on is just muscle spasms. I bet that seal doesnt feel a damn thing after that first blow to the back of the neck.

I like toys
Old 04-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #15
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
as far as I'm concerned, PETA=
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I dont mean to come across as some Peta animal crazed maniac lol.....cuz im really not, and hate PETA members as much as many of the people here do. Anyone that would safe a animals life over a humans is sick. I just have a problem with like torturing animals, or making them suffer intentionally, and killing endangered ones because that could have an effect on everyone. But besides that kill and eat what ever you want lol
Old 04-07-2005, 10:48 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
i don't like the idea of beating them to death, but it looks like they went under faily quickly.

the begining of the video said that hunters were allowed to kill 300,000 baby seals. we can safely assume that a government set this quota based on the size of the seal population. we don't know the whole story, but it is possible that if a quota that large is set, then there may be an overpopulation of seals in that area. an overpopulation means less food, so many seals would starve to death.

if i'm correct, then it would be more humane to club them to death rather then let them starve to death...
Old 04-07-2005, 10:49 PM   #18
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arson
I dont mean to come across as some Peta animal crazed maniac lol.....cuz im really not, and hate PETA members as much as many of the people here do. Anyone that would safe a animals life over a humans is sick. I just have a problem with like torturing animals, or making them suffer intentionally, and killing endangered ones because that could have an effect on everyone. But besides that kill and eat what ever you want lol
I completely agree with you, torturing animals and seeing something like that is horrible, but Im sure the method those guys have with the seals is a good one, and we just dont know what it is. Like I said, I'm willing to bet those things are either knocked unconcious or paralyzed with that first blow in an attempt to make any pain as little as possible. If it wasnt, the government would have laws that made it so it was more humane to them. From our view it just looks so morbid since its beating a seal over the head with a stick... however Im sure it serves its purpose in a way that is best for the seal. I dunno... just my take on it.

I like toys
Old 04-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
I don't know about all this. I would assume they club it because they don't want to mess up the fur. Shooting it or stabbing it would puncture what they need. You can say shoot it in the head but there's always the chance you'll miss and put a hole in the fur which may make it difficult to work with.

Saying it is only as inhumane as some barbarian beating a sabertooth tiger might be right but why don't we hang people anymore? Once a MORE humane version is recognized the old way that used to be humane now is obsolete and made inhumane.

I also disagree with an animal not feeling the pain. We would naturally try to limp around too but don't because we live in a society that aids the needy. My animals that have been sick or broken move around a lot less than when they're well. If you threw a human into a jungle with a broken leg he wouldn't sit there until it healed itself. He'd limp around until he found food and rest when he could.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:20 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
you're almost correct man. animals have reasonably close to the same brain structure we have... minus the frontal lobes. You're right that most animals can't rationalize too well. however, they are still able to think. The fact that the dog may be limping on its hurt leg is in no way close to the same thing as what you're saying. I know when I broke my leg, I didn't stop moving... there were things I wanted to do, so I had to move around to get them done. When my dog hurts her leg, she stops using it, and just uses the other three... now to me, that would be a 'rational thought' on her part. If my one leg hurts, I'll just use the other three. The pain recepting part of the brain isn't in the frontal lobes. So the animal can feel pain... that's why the dog whimpers when it's hurt. I also can't stand PETA, however, I also realize that this seal thing isn't a huge problem. if you don't keep the population under control, then you have bigger problems. Just thought I would clear up a little bit of the animal brain aspect

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Hey, this isn't as bad as the video I posted up a couple weeks ago of those Raccoons being skinned ALIVE.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Hey, this isn't as bad as the video I posted up a couple weeks ago of those Raccoons being skinned ALIVE.
sweet!!!!!!!!!! link????

j/k

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar