"edit your car" question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

"edit your car" question

i am trying to edit my car and go to upload pics but all i see are red x's and its pissing me off. how do i correct this.

thanks
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2005, 12:24 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
i am trying to edit my car and go to upload pics but all i see are red x's and its pissing me off. how do i correct this.

thanks
What kind of pics are they? I haven't put the code in to generate thumbnails for anything other than jpgs yet. If they are gifs or anything else, then they will fail to gen the image. THe file will still be there if someone clicks the link when viewing your garage, but the thumbnail is junk is all.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
What kind of pics are they? I haven't put the code in to generate thumbnails for anything other than jpgs yet. If they are gifs or anything else, then they will fail to gen the image. THe file will still be there if someone clicks the link when viewing your garage, but the thumbnail is junk is all.
its an easyshare jpg file. i took these pics with my kodak easyshare camera. they are pretty much the same ones i posted in the other thread i made but i wanted to also put them in the garage section too. i tried uploading them from my computer and i also tried to copy the link that i have on photobucket where the pics are also stored. dunno whats going on so for now i have the pics in the video clips section b/c they loaded fine there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
its an easyshare jpg file. i took these pics with my kodak easyshare camera. they are pretty much the same ones i posted in the other thread i made but i wanted to also put them in the garage section too. i tried uploading them from my computer and i also tried to copy the link that i have on photobucket where the pics are also stored. dunno whats going on so for now i have the pics in the video clips section b/c they loaded fine there.
They loaded fine in the image section too, the generation of the thumbnails just blew up. How big are the files KB size? If they are over a certain size, gd2 will blow chunks and run out of memory. no matter how much is available on the server.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
They loaded fine in the image section too, the generation of the thumbnails just blew up. How big are the files KB size? If they are over a certain size, gd2 will blow chunks and run out of memory. no matter how much is available on the server.
they are anywhere from 935kb to 1.77mb. so basically i have to edit the pics to reduce the kb size to be able to post it?

so the reason why they loaded fine in the video section was b/c the size of the files were ok for that section, but too large for the other?
Old 04-16-2005, 08:07 PM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
they are anywhere from 935kb to 1.77mb. so basically i have to edit the pics to reduce the kb size to be able to post it?

so the reason why they loaded fine in the video section was b/c the size of the files were ok for that section, but too large for the other?
No because in the video section the server does not have to create thumbnails just the popcorn image. In the image area it has to create a thumbnail of the image which will give you red x's because of GD

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 08:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
No because in the video section the server does not have to create thumbnails just the popcorn image. In the image area it has to create a thumbnail of the image which will give you red x's because of GD
this might be a dumb question, but what do you mean by "GD"

so for the red x's to go away, what do i need to do? do i just need to reduce the amount of kb of the image?
Old 04-16-2005, 08:15 PM   #8
Regular

Quote:
this might be a dumb question, but what do you mean by "GD"

so for the red x's to go away, what do i need to do? do i just need to reduce the amount of kb of the image?
Yes and reduce the resolution as well.

GD is a script that creates thumbnails of images on our server

Reddit
Old 04-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Yes and reduce the resolution as well.

GD is a script that creates thumbnails of images on our server
cool, thanks to both you and smurfin for answering my questions
Old 04-16-2005, 08:23 PM   #10
Regular

Quote:
cool, thanks to both you and smurfin for answering my questions
No Problem hopefully we will have these bugs fixed in the future. Got alot more stuff to do and little time to do it

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar