v8 vs v6....what is muscle...the conclusions - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:03 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
yeah thats why i said once in a blue moon theres 1 all riced out thats acually fast but those are cars that are fast from the factory of course doubt they have mods besides maybe intake and exhaust
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2005, 03:11 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have respect for anyone that mods there car to make if operform better. Sport compact, V6 Stang, space shuttle, I don;t care.

However, if the extent of your mods are all sound and fury signifying nothing then begone foolish mortal.

My Daughter's Lancer Rallye is a great example. Pink Neons, big a$$ boomer stereo, pink wiring covers. Rice. I thought I did better than that. At lewast she got a factory "hot rod" to start with.

Oh well.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 03:33 PM   #73
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
is it just me, or is it extremely difficult to imagine anybody related to Ponycarman being rice?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #74
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
is it just me, or is it extremely difficult to imagine anybody related to Ponycarman being rice?
werd, no offspring of mine will drive a ricer. I am almost embarassed that my lil sis drives an altima, altho she has no plans on riceing it, its sorta just a "it was cheap and I need a car" kind of thing. She likes mustangs as well as firebirds.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 03:59 PM   #75
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Well, here are some thoughts coming for a V8 owner....that used to despise V6 mustangs with a passion...but has since come around.

Quote:
- are we the same level as rice to them?
No, you are far above rice...unless you do the rice things like stickers, bleacher seats, etc.

Quote:
- what does it take to earn respect of non-respecters of the # of cylinders?
Make power with the "little motor". Doesn't matter if it is all motor, boost, nitrous, turbo. Just make power. The other way is to respect your car and know that it will not take down a V8...unless you are doing the first part and making more power.

Quote:
- what is american muscle?
American muscle, as far as I am concerned, is an "american built car" (we won't get into where put together and where parts come from) from Ford, Chevy, and Dodge...and all the classic pony and muscle cars...This can include the V6 and even the I4 crowd...if they are making good power.

Quote:
well from what i've seen the v8ers respect smaller block cars more that can make the same numbers as them, without power adders.
:yup: :yup: :yup:

I give tons of respect to someone that can take a V6 or a 4 cylinder and make it hang with the big engines. There is nothing better than seeing a big bad V8 get smacked by some "little car"...even if it ends up being me getting beat.

Quote:
then you have the set of v8ers that says 'the money you put into that 6 could blah blah blah'...

in reality, much of the time it costs less to make the power in the immediate and long run.

late model gt = $15k
late model v6 + engine build or boosted = $9k + $4k = $2k less than gt but more power
That whole "well, if you did this then...or yeah, you could take the extra $$$ and do this" arguments are really the most annoying thing in the world. As many have stated on a ton of boards, you could buy some POS tempo or something and drop and big block in it and be under 10k and smoke anything and everything you come up against. All cars have possibilities...if you have the money, you can do anything you want with any car.

Quote:
their argument? you hit a power wall. ok sure we hit a power wall on the stock block, but if we forge liek many of them do we can boost to 600rwhp+ easily. and i don't know about you but i don't ever plan to have a daily driver making that much power. it's just pointless and too tempting to be stupid with.
I have every intension of having a 600+ wheel hp daily driver. I hope to have 2. The cobra, and like the description above states, with money my explorer. I intend to do a motor swap with a nice super charger and be well over 600 wheel hp.

Quote:
but in the end if we're all lookin for power on the track, we can keep up just as easily without problems.
:yup:
Old 04-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Now if someone wants to run with me in the mountains of NC and SC around the tail of the dragon and try to keep up with my V6 and not go off the mountain or hit the guard rails please by all means come and see. http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
That place looks dope. Reminds me of Devils Hopyard over here in CT

Id take you on that challenge if I lived in that area :yup: id own you in my girls saturn j/k

You guys do any stang cruises through there or no?
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99

Well, in her defense she is my step-daughter, though I have raised her since she was 5 and as far as I am concerned she is my daughter. So she doesn't have my genes, lucky her, lol.

Steve

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #78
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
That place looks dope. Reminds me of Devils Hopyard over here in CT

Id take you on that challenge if I lived in that area :yup: id own you in my girls saturn j/k

You guys do any stang cruises through there or no?
All the time. Especially in the fall and spring. Really I like going by my self because I dont like driving in packs simple because one screw up can take out several cars if people are not paying attention. BMW motorsports has there North American complex here in the upstate and germans are always going up there with no respect and wrecking in the beemers MAHAHAHAHHAHA
Old 04-19-2005, 05:22 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Thats funny. Must be a cool *** ride though. I figure next time I go to Mrtyle Beach Ill have to hit that spot up for sure. Just figuring its got its own website makes it cool :yup:
Old 04-19-2005, 06:58 PM   #80
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Quote:
My Daughter's Lancer Rallye is a great example. Pink Neons, big a$$ boomer stereo, pink wiring covers. Rice. I thought I did better than that. At lewast she got a factory "hot rod" to start with.
hahaha omfg lancer rally oz a hot rod. ive heard it all. man if my daughter wanted a lancer id deff get her a evo, that way when shes not at home and leaves the car i can go have some awd fun.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:04 PM   #81
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark02Pony
theres absolutely no differance in hp and torque when it comes to the 3.8 and 3.9 the differances in motors are extremely extremely light if you look at the specs the 2004 3.9 is rated at 190hp and the 220ftlbs of torque just like the 3.8

actually I thought it was the exact same motor, it was just rated a different way by Ford?
Old 04-19-2005, 07:10 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
actually I thought it was the exact same motor, it was just rated a different way by Ford?
it essentially is. most to all bolt-on mods for a 3.8 will fit on a 3.9. from what i understand, the crankshaft is slightly offset and the bore/stroke is a little different. also, 3.9=238 ci whereas a 3.8=232 ci

other than that, they are the same, no hp/tq difference
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
small differances with the crank the bore is the same , same block they just use diff cranks and pistons 3.8L = 3.390" Stroke 3.9L = 3.464" Stroke 4.2L = 3.740" Stroke
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #84
Legacy Member
Legacy

ahhh gotcha
Old 04-19-2005, 07:33 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
hahaha omfg lancer rally oz a hot rod. ive heard it all. man if my daughter wanted a lancer id deff get her a evo, that way when shes not at home and leaves the car i can go have some awd fun.
I didn't get her *****. She bought it herself, she is married and lives in her own house. If I was buying her a car it would have been my old copcar.

Besides my idea of having some fun doesn't include imports, unless it's to humiliate them. I really dislike asian cars, too small to work on easily and too expensive to fix when they break. Not that European cars are cheap, but they tend to have more room for may ham sized fists.

Steve

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #86
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
^^^werd. small spaces suck.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:15 PM   #87
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to tedness
wow this thread grew a lot.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:30 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I judge the car first on how well its kept up, and how tastefully the apparence mods are... like a v6 needs rims, just like the fox bodies need rims..

then I consider the power, and wether or not the owner is looking for power or just a really sharp car (like if he talks **** about how fast it is, then it better be fast)
so yeah, if he's running 13's or faster and has a sharp car I could care less how many cylinders it has
but you don't have to be really fast either, just have a very tastefully done car, and very sharp, like for example spectorV, his car is hot, I don't care if its a v6, he knows how to take care of it and its actually pretty fast too.. faster than some stock v8's so he's earned my greatest respect as a true mustanger.

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:09 AM   #89
Legacy Member
Legacy

^ agreed. if they can run those numbers, i don't care how they do it, i'll give 'em props for it. pretty soon i'll be able to out-run fox-bodies again
Old 04-20-2005, 10:23 AM   #90
RGR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to RGR
Turning a great # at the strip is even more impressive with <8 cylinders in my book!

Doing it with a streetable V6 is even better, you can have V8 (or better) power and the
better mileage of a V6 as well, with lower insurance and less weight too. Win-Win !!!
Old 04-20-2005, 11:06 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR
Turning a great # at the strip is even more impressive with <8 cylinders in my book!
Funny you mention this. A few years back right when I was in the middle of my nitrous install and stuff I went down to Maryland to race in Super Stallions of The Net event. Well it was basically me Zach (v6stanger) and another V6-er holding it down. Well when Zach lined up against a cobra he beat it the guy up in the annoucer tower was like "theres Zach and his 96(?) V6...wait what thats a V6" now thats priceless
Old 04-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #92
RGR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to RGR
Huh, I think that is the race that Zach got my mention in MM&FF!

So he beat a Cobra, huh??
Old 04-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #93
Legacy Member
Legacy

nice. ya more impressive to me was a 12-second solid all-motor integra gs-r
Old 04-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR
Huh, I think that is the race that Zach got my mention in MM&FF!

So he beat a Cobra, huh??
maybe i dunno i dont think MMFF was at this event

Yeah but in defense of the cobra driver he just reacntly got it so he was the suck at driving 6 spd :yup:
Old 04-20-2005, 05:39 PM   #95
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
properly educated people are of course less ignorent... usually the v8 guys that belive stupid things belive what they read in mag's and what other even dumber people tell them.... such as a chip gives you 100hp (heard it before...)

while the world has stupid people there will alwasy be problems like this.... to most the v6 mustang is a sad little 18 second car with 120hp... they usually dont even know the specs....

I dont care what other think I just want a little respect and to hang out with other guys who like mustangs... truth is I probably know more about their v8s than they do... but either way just part of life.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:02 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
properly educated people are of course less ignorent... usually the v8 guys that belive stupid things belive what they read in mag's and what other even dumber people tell them.... such as a chip gives you 100hp (heard it before...)

while the world has stupid people there will alwasy be problems like this.... to most the v6 mustang is a sad little 18 second car with 120hp... they usually dont even know the specs....

I dont care what other think I just want a little respect and to hang out with other guys who like mustangs... truth is I probably know more about their v8s than they do... but either way just part of life.
werd x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:16 PM   #97
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
people with autos always deny it but they are just in the closet... they are closet stick lovers! and they dont even know! I had an auto i can talk crap about em ( 97 mustang auto with shift kit etc etc...)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #98
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
people with autos always deny it but they are just in the closet... they are closet stick lovers! and they dont even know! I had an auto i can talk crap about em ( 97 mustang auto with shift kit etc etc...)

For a drag car though.. autos are better/more consistent for the most part at the track
Old 04-20-2005, 07:10 PM   #99
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
BULLCRAP

You are in denial!!! I enjoy my competition Auto tranny I up and downshift as I please. It is rock solid and will shift better than only the most professional manual shifting driver. Heck I feel sorry for all the manual drives in bumper to bumper traffic. I can enjoy driving while you manual guys shift like a rabid masturbator trying to get a nut to internet porn and hearing his mother coming up the stairs!!! MUHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

1900's manual trannys and hand cranking cars
2000's Automatic and fuel injection
Old 04-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #100
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
You drove a stock auto

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar