holy crap a twin turbo ranger on ebay - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
holy crap a twin turbo ranger on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2005, 11:29 PM   #2
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
350HP is all???
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
350HP is all???
that is actually really good for a ranger. With just a supercharger and all stock on a 4.0 you will get around 275hp so 350 is good. Right now there isn't a whole lot of working room with the 4.0 but give it a year we will probably see 400+ possible. Also from what I can tell the motor is totally stock. He didn't list anything else so. 350 with just the twin turbo and engine managment system its very impressive.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2005, 11:53 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
no its not impressive by any means.

ok heres why. i know hes not even working those turbos to their potential. im betting hes running like a measly 10psi which is the max he can do on stock internals, assuming theyre stock.

if they are stock internals and he can only run 10psi, what the **** is the point in running 2 freaking turbos? is a single turbo ranger not awe enough? hell 10psi, he couldve accomplished that with the stock t25 pos turbo that came off my car. and assuming he did what all tt guys do and put the biggest ones they can get, hes actually screwing himself over. if he has 2 big huge turbos and theyre not even close to operating in their efficiency range, theyre just being a exhaust restriction. having a restriction that huge in the exhaust means his volumetric effiency must suck complete ***. hes getting forced in more air than is exhumed. that-bad.

ok now lets say hes running 10psi and making 350hp, which is pretty good. but if youre gonna spend that much on a turbo setup capible of 500+ hp and hope one day to do just that, why put on such a big setup, when you cant even run that much yet. i would have started with the engine, and worked my way outward for a project like that. i dont know, spending 3k on a turbo kit and not being able to use it to even half its potential till you soak another 3k into the engine just doesnt sound like smart modding.

ok lets say that he is running built internals, more than 20psi of boost, etc. then thats a really low number. im at around 350hp as i stand with lots of headroom(500hp cabible on stock internals), im a 2.0 I4 running 20psi. he is a 4.0 V6 running 20psi(still assuming he is) which is almost at his peak.



ok so its pretty nifty anyways, turbo ranger, whoopteedoo and all that. i wouldve done things different but i guess thats me.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:04 AM   #5
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
wiat... youre runnin 350hp in that eclipse??? i wanna see some dyno numbers man lol
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:08 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
no its not impressive by any means.

ok heres why. i know hes not even working those turbos to their potential. im betting hes running like a measly 10psi which is the max he can do on stock internals, assuming theyre stock.

if they are stock internals and he can only run 10psi, what the **** is the point in running 2 freaking turbos? is a single turbo ranger not awe enough? hell 10psi, he couldve accomplished that with the stock t25 pos turbo that came off my car. and assuming he did what all tt guys do and put the biggest ones they can get, hes actually screwing himself over. if he has 2 big huge turbos and theyre not even close to operating in their efficiency range, theyre just being a exhaust restriction. having a restriction that huge in the exhaust means his volumetric effiency must suck complete ***. hes getting forced in more air than is exhumed. that-bad.

ok now lets say hes running 10psi and making 350hp, which is pretty good. but if youre gonna spend that much on a turbo setup capible of 500+ hp and hope one day to do just that, why put on such a big setup, when you cant even run that much yet. i would have started with the engine, and worked my way outward for a project like that. i dont know, spending 3k on a turbo kit and not being able to use it to even half its potential till you soak another 3k into the engine just doesnt sound like smart modding.

ok lets say that he is running built internals, more than 20psi of boost, etc. then thats a really low number. im at around 350hp as i stand with lots of headroom(500hp cabible on stock internals), im a 2.0 I4 running 20psi. he is a 4.0 V6 running 20psi(still assuming he is) which is almost at his peak.



ok so its pretty nifty anyways, turbo ranger, whoopteedoo and all that. i wouldve done things different but i guess thats me.

I agree however being that it is a ranger and most people dont look at it as a performance vehicle. It is pretty impressive. Right now the 3.0 v6 is the only that has anyaftermarket performance add-ons. There are a few small things here and there but nothing that gives a substantial gain. However right now explorer express is working or should be just about done with the kit with the 4.0 v6. However it alone cost 4-4500 which is extreme for just a 75hp gain. Also I give the guy credit weither he did it the way it should of been done or not. For just attempting to go that extreme in a ranger. I love rangers and would love to see the aftermarket boom in performance for them. I know most people would careless about buying and ranger and building it for performance, but rangers have a lot of potential to see high hp. The fastest street legal ranger I know of is in the low 12's running a 4.0 that is supercharged and was stroked to a 4.2 also running nitrous and street tires.

I do believe though that the guy is running a stock block. Not to much room to mess with them right now. Hopefully that will change soon now that the 4.0 is in the mustang.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:03 AM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Its cool and all, everyone knows I love turbos, but. its. still. a. ranger.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:40 AM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Tbird232ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
i wouldnt buy it

that description is so...lacking

kinda like when you ask what a guy has done to his car, and all he can say is "engine work"
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:38 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
i wouldnt buy it

that description is so...lacking

kinda like when you ask what a guy has done to his car, and all he can say is "engine work"
Doug who owns www.bamachips.com and also had the sponsored whipple charged 3.0 ranger said he's seen the truck. He said it was built by a company and that they used some weird engine management for it and that he wouldn't even touch it now.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:56 AM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Tbird232ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Quote:
hell 10psi, he couldve accomplished that with the stock t25 pos turbo that came off my car.
i have to disagree with you there

the T25, which is almost equivalent to the IHI on the turbo coupes, wouldnt support a 4.0L if their lives depended on it, the T25, and even T3 work best on engines with displacement from rougly 1.9-2.4 litres, sure they could make boost, and maybe your desired boost, but at that point, the turbos would be nothing but a restriction, and create backpressure issues, and probably create a lot of heat, because it cant flow the exhaust that the engine is making

sonic04edge, do you know any other details, managment doesnt concern me too much, because theres so many variations, but do you know anything about the setup, or any sources that do? things like turbo placement (since its not visible), intercooler, turbo size etc.?
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
^^^yeah i know, i was just using that as an example.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 02:30 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
i have to disagree with you there

the T25, which is almost equivalent to the IHI on the turbo coupes, wouldnt support a 4.0L if their lives depended on it, the T25, and even T3 work best on engines with displacement from rougly 1.9-2.4 litres, sure they could make boost, and maybe your desired boost, but at that point, the turbos would be nothing but a restriction, and create backpressure issues, and probably create a lot of heat, because it cant flow the exhaust that the engine is making

sonic04edge, do you know any other details, managment doesnt concern me too much, because theres so many variations, but do you know anything about the setup, or any sources that do? things like turbo placement (since its not visible), intercooler, turbo size etc.?

No clue man I just ran across it on my ranger forum and the link was the only thing in it.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Twin Turbo 98StangGT 1979-1995 Mustang GT 3 07-12-2007 04:05 PM
Twin Turbo...? JaketheSnake Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 12-20-2006 12:16 PM
Twin turbo for '99 cobra? snake99bite 1996-2004 Mustang GT 6 08-06-2006 01:23 AM
Twin Turbo PT Cruiser Seph The Bar 14 08-03-2006 12:47 PM
twin turbo or supercharger stanger04 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 18 03-09-2006 07:28 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:18 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.