Cash for clunkers... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: Cash for clunkers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Just thought that was quote worthy.

Also, this Cash for Clunkers I had only heard of recently. What an absolute garbage idea. Giving owners double or triple (or more) what a car is actually worth and then just trashing it completely? I don't see any iteration of this plan being worthwhile. More failconomics.
no worries, I will not edit my post.

I respect brent enough to think he would not ban me over a dissagreement
and if im wrong... so be it, im not gonna die.

I never said I was a die hard republican either, your putting words in my mouth as well. the only reason I don't like your responses is because you start the ****, im also entitled to an opinion, yet it gets trashed every time I post it. then you tell me that if I don't like your opinion I can get lost.
to each their own my friend
I like the mustang portion of the site, sometimes I make a satirical post about our ****ed up government (mainly bureaucracy) and because it doesn't happen to go along with your own opinion im ripped on.
then you play the get out of jail free card of not taking either side stating that radical politics is ignorant (yeah it is) but then when someone talks conservative trash your ok with it. fine, just take a stance and stick to it.

and please understand that this is not an attack on the site itself, perhapse like I do in my profession, when I hear a fairly harmless snippet towards some political stance that I don't agree with I do the classy thing and let it go.

NOW, I dearly apologize for the thread jack....

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #72
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstangboy View Post
no worries, I will not edit my post.

I respect brent enough to think he would not ban me over a dissagreement
and if im wrong... so be it, im not gonna die.

I never said I was a die hard republican either, your putting words in my mouth as well. the only reason I don't like your responses is because you start the ****, im also entitled to an opinion, yet it gets trashed every time I post it. then you tell me that if I don't like your opinion I can get lost.
to each their own my friend
I like the mustang portion of the site, sometimes I make a satirical post about our ****ed up government (mainly bureaucracy) and because it doesn't happen to go along with your own opinion im ripped on.
Not going to apologize for someone stepping in, making a comments about how liberals ruin the country and then me replying to that portion with my view.

If you can't handle people responding to your political posts then don't post them....

I'm baffled why you think it's fine for you to be able to dog an entire way of thinking and no one else be able to take that on.

Quote:
then you play the get out of jail free card of not taking either side stating that radical politics is ignorant (yeah it is) but then when someone talks conservative trash your ok with it. fine, just take a stance and stick to it.
Who on here talks conservative trash and when was I ever fine with it? If a liberal wants to post about how Obama is Jesus and Republicans are evil I'll say the samething I said to you.

Quote:
and please understand that this is not an attack on the site itself, perhapse like I do in my profession, when I hear a fairly harmless snippet towards some political stance that I don't agree with I do the classy thing and let it go.
Enjoy patting yourself on the back?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Well guys lets look at the bright side of this, Ford seems to be the biggest winner in this deal. The funny thing is some of the top rides traded in were explorers and windstars.
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #74
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

its called keynesian economics... you increase government spending during a recession and you decrease spending during inflation. its what got us out of the great depression.

the only failconomics that occured is that we spent more under a "conservative" president than any other president in US history during a time of great inflation.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #75
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

It could be well argued that laissez faire economics is better for a democratically controlled economy and that WW2 is actually what pulled us out of the depression. But no, the spending of the last 8 years has not helped. I don't think spending more money we don't have now that further devalues our dollar and that we will be forced to pay back later will help either though.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Who cares if we all starve, THINK OF THE ENVIRONMENT
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

This program was a scam from the very start. Considering that on average in that 4 days, only 15k cars are sold, then all of a sudden the program opens and 250,000 cars get sold in 4 days. If you read all the details you'll understand why this even exist. It's not for the regular people.

Those that qualify, aren;t just individuals, corporations can do it to. So they held on to their fleet vehicles, that just happened to have a low enough rating to get $4500, and tossed them all in on the deal the day everything opened up.

The other side to this is the cars that qualify. I was going to trade in the gf's 2005 Neon, take $6k on trade + the $4500 Clunker rebate, and only pay $18k for a $28000 hybrid Fusion. I figured it would be great, but the "group" that was paid to show the average mpg on cars, basically made up numbers, so now the Neon is rated at 25mpg, we've never seen over 20mpg even on road trips.

I felt that I was utilizing this retarded program for it's "advertised" intent, yet I don't qualify even though the vehicle I'm trying to get gets 41mpg and is a ****ING HYBRID!

People are trading **** in and buying 3/4 ton trucks on this program, that's bull****.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
This program was a scam from the very start. Considering that on average in that 4 days, only 15k cars are sold, then all of a sudden the program opens and 250,000 cars get sold in 4 days. If you read all the details you'll understand why this even exist. It's not for the regular people.

Those that qualify, aren;t just individuals, corporations can do it to. So they held on to their fleet vehicles, that just happened to have a low enough rating to get $4500, and tossed them all in on the deal the day everything opened up.

The other side to this is the cars that qualify. I was going to trade in the gf's 2005 Neon, take $6k on trade + the $4500 Clunker rebate, and only pay $18k for a $28000 hybrid Fusion. I figured it would be great, but the "group" that was paid to show the average mpg on cars, basically made up numbers, so now the Neon is rated at 25mpg, we've never seen over 20mpg even on road trips.

I felt that I was utilizing this retarded program for it's "advertised" intent, yet I don't qualify even though the vehicle I'm trying to get gets 41mpg and is a ****ING HYBRID!

People are trading **** in and buying 3/4 ton trucks on this program, that's bull****.
you can either get the clunker tax break or trade in value, not both

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #79
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

its the average miles that the car got new (highway/city average) for example my DD is liek 18-25 or something (not sure exactly) the average is above 18 so it doesnt qualify. A neon will get better than 18 on average so it wont qualify.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Only a few cars get worse than 18mpg. The top 10 trade ins are all trucks, suvs, and minivans.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar