can anyone help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
can anyone help?

Im lookin for a new job doin just about anything. Im currently employed at taco bell in walker la. Im an ex active duty infantry soldier and veteran of three real world deployments. twice to iraq. Im totally humliated by my job currently after having such a honorable job for 8 years. I have a good security back ground but no clearence... A clean record. and a nice resume .....

Can Anyone help?

~T
wildhorsesprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: can anyone help?

Well, you could look into some sort of city/county or state/government job at a jail or prison. A solid background in security would be great for a jailer's position.

Or you could look into the field of criminal justice, which would probably involve schooling.

There are a lot of jobs wanting people with a military or government background involving security who are willing to obtain low level security clearance positions...drivers, protective officers, etc.

Not too sure what's available down in Louisiana.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via MSN to 19Delta

A CJ degree is only good if you get a full 4 year degree in it, trust me, that's my major. I'm trying to get on with the state police here and an associates in cj is pointless, imo. If I were you, I'd try to get on with some sort of police force or swat team, because you've had the same training that I have. Good luck on the job search though bro.
19Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

I believe a lot of where you are working now has to do with the current economic state, so don't feel bad if there are just no jobs out there. There will be so hold in there. There are plenty of jobs now but many of those positions are not meant for the average Joe IMHO.

The best thing, with your training, is to become a Police Officer. Try looking out of State and different "types of police". The NYS Courts is offering an exam but all applications must be postmarked by July 31st. Go for local, state, court, border patrol, sheriff, port authority, transit authority, crossing guard, bank guard, mall patrol and just take all those exams. Here the police positions are very limited so to get in you might have to take exams for quite a few.

Otherwise, if you have a degree you might look better off, if not you can go get one. Go to community college for two years, they still offer degrees or programs for those two years that will get you ahead, or even continuing adult education or night school.

Good Luck though, and if you find a new job let me know, I need one too
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I would look into the police thing as well. As for the degree, a buddy of mine was hired as a deputy in florida with just an associates degree. Forgot the county but it covers naples and ft myers.

I have some friends that are with the PD, so they could probably help you out as well.

I work at the Secretary of States office...what kind of things have you done in the past or whatever? We have job postings all the time for different things. I could search through them for ya.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

NYPD only requires an Associates degree going into the academy. To move up in the ranks however you need at least a Bachelors. Most of the other local departments carry similar requirements as well.

Getting the degree could be for anything though, anything in life you would like to do Business Management, Teacher Certification, Scientist not just for the PD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

i have applied with livingston parish near my home .... the issue with going to school as bad as i want to is that my current job does not pay enough to me ... and it wont let me work days cause night pay more. and being a single parent... ( my child lives with mommy) Support is taking me to the cleaners. Im workin to support my baby... dont get me wrong, but i cant afford to do anything else other than that. It makes ya almost cry when you work 80-90 hours in a two week period and you get a 300 pay check. the econmy is killin faithful dads that try to do the right thing these days. i know that there is hope... but what to do till hope arrives? lol
wildhorsesprez is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar