I think I finally realised why I trade cars so much - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2005, 02:04 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Thumbs up I think I finally realised why I trade cars so much

Okay well as I was sitting here just thinking. I'm pretty sure I figured out why I traded so often and ended up almost where I was from the begining. Okay the 2 vehicles i've had the longest were both automatics. While the ones that were sticks I trade within like half a year. I know its not the only reason I did, but seems like is most likely how I ended up in my truck and have had it so long. I love driving stick, but I can't handle it all the time. My left knee has arthritis. So if I use it a lot it starts acting up. Which happens whenever I drive a stick for too long of a period. Anyway so i've come to a conclusion of what i'm going to do. Since I loved my 96gt dearly my goal in about a year or so will be to get into another automatic gt. I'll try selling my truck, but if all else fails i'll trade it in. I'm in no rush so I plan to save up some money for a downpayment and try and pay down as much of my truck as I can. Starting the begining of may i'll be looking into a new job so I dont have to work 2 jobs anymore. I'm also tired of driving so much. I've put about 22,000 miles on my truck in less then a year. I know I posted about swapping a 4.0 into my truck with a manual tranny a few days ago, but i'm going to tell the guy nevermind on it. I've finally figured out what I want to do and I know i'll be happy once I get that car. I've regretted it every day since I got rid of my gt and know it's the only way i'd truely be happy. So expect to see me in another gt come hopefully this time next year.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 02:32 AM   #2
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
cool.

good luck deciding what to do.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
lol @ nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 07:32 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Are you Bi Polar or have multiple personality disorder. Does your other selves know what you are doing. I think you need to form a committee of all your selves and vote on this. I bet they will all vote for something different. But just in case you have a quorum of selves hope it all works out HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Old 04-28-2005, 09:10 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
some people alwasy want something different (swingers) just the way some people are wired.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:41 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Ha, I understand man. I love driving 5 speeds, but sometimes that automatic is nice to have. Days like today are the ones that make me wish I had a 5 speed though...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Are you Bi Polar or have multiple personality disorder. Does your other selves know what you are doing. I think you need to form a committee of all your selves and vote on this. I bet they will all vote for something different. But just in case you have a quorum of selves hope it all works out HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Neither . I know "I change my mind" blah blah blah, I expected to get raged on about it some. However I knew getting rid of my gt was the biggest mistake i've ever made and wished I hadn't of gotten rid of it. Now I know what I really want. I loved everything about it and I had to be a stupid young kid when I had it and "thought" I needed a new vehicle. Dont get me wrong I love my truck, but i've been dying to have another gt again I miss having a v8. So thats my plan as of now to get another one in a year or so.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Ha, I understand man. I love driving 5 speeds, but sometimes that automatic is nice to have. Days like today are the ones that make me wish I had a 5 speed though...
Honstly, there is no good reason to have an auto in a mustang...or any other pony/muscle car.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
the only reason to have an auto is if you simply cant drive a manual for what ever reason (medical) or if you are a serious pro .. in which case it wont be a daily driver by far... (track car only)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Honstly, there is no good reason to have an auto in a mustang...or any other pony/muscle car.
STFU with the auto hate. It is just stupid. 20 plus years shifting which is longer than most of you have been on this earth. I am enjoying non shifting it is like advancing in evolution while my neanderthal friends are back in the stoneage shifting and such.

So drop it!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:04 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Quote:

I've got a good reason....

You prefer an automatic

To each their own, back when muscle cars came into being the automatic was the thing to get.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
STFU with the auto hate. It is just stupid. 20 plus years shifting which is longer than most of you have been on this earth. I am enjoying non shifting it is like advancing in evolution while my neanderthal friends are back in the stoneage shifting and such.

So drop it!!!
No, I won't drop it as it is just my opinion. I rather enjoy being a neanderthal that is able to fully enjoy the feeling of accelaration beyond what the computer thinks is right. I also like the ability to downshift when I want to, and not wait forever for it to do it for me.

Like was stated already, everyone has their preference. Personally, I think the auto = lazy/secretary option. THe only exception would be the high HP drag cars since those trannies can shift faster than a person.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:29 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
auto/manual its all preferance some dont like shifting some do, some rather not try ot learn also. I know how but for my daily driver like my truck I went with auto for the simple fact that I dont feel like shifting in traffic an such. whocares what the computer thinks if ur at WOT it wont shift until like 5500 or w/e ive hit the revlimiter in my truck just mashing the gas down and it not wanting to shift yet.

btw the auto in my 88 can shift just as fast if not a tad faster then ur cobra which I actually have to shift (manual valve body) just dont have to bother with the clutch pedal.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #14
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Beefed up auto is just as good as any manual out there.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
No, I won't drop it as it is just my opinion. I rather enjoy being a neanderthal that is able to fully enjoy the feeling of accelaration beyond what the computer thinks is right. I also like the ability to downshift when I want to, and not wait forever for it to do it for me.

Like was stated already, everyone has their preference. Personally, I think the auto = lazy/secretary option. THe only exception would be the high HP drag cars since those trannies can shift faster than a person.
My tranny shifts faster than a person. I down shift as I please also. Now my auto is not stock by any means but the fact is like you said everyone has opinion I just think you bring it up to much as though people are losers if they get an auto. And that is where you are wrong
Old 04-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

yep im with danger dude on this one actually

last I remember built c4's didnt come in the foxes but hey its nicer then a base aod or even maybe that 6spd of smurfins
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Old 04-28-2005, 01:02 PM   #17
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
mine is an auto for one reason. I bought it 2 and half years ago for almost exactly what I could sell it for now.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I know for a fact my auto will out shift any person on 5 or 6 spd. So whatever I just love cruising around not worrying about shifting and such. Listening to all the noise I create on the streets :yup:
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:15 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
yep im with danger dude on this one actually

last I remember built c4's didnt come in the foxes but hey its nicer then a base aod or even maybe that 6spd of smurfins
Wow we agree again
Old 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

I can drive stick however I have arthitis in my left knee and every so often it acts up so bad I can barely even push in a clutch. So thats why i'm gonna get my next stang as a auto. Plus with a 260hp v8 it'll be more then enough to keep a smile on my face
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-28-2005, 02:25 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Wow we agree again
scary huh?

we aint saying you cant drive a stick sonic04edge, me and danger dude along with bluemustang were just stating the auto .vs manual debate smurfin brought back up. If you get another 96 or or any 96-98 they dont have 260hp

bluemustang: your right about the just driving around making noise though
Old 04-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
scary huh?

we aint saying you cant drive a stick sonic04edge, me and danger dude along with bluemustang were just stating the auto .vs manual debate smurfin brought back up. If you get another 96 or or any 96-98 they dont have 260hp

bluemustang: your right about the just driving around making noise though

Yeah I know the 96-98 only has 215, but i'll probably aim for like an 02. I'm wanting to find one with reasonably low miles.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-28-2005, 08:13 PM   #23

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to username182
lol i've done almost the same thing.

my very first car was a 89 mustang lx 5.0. i got 289k on the original motor before i blew it up and put in the gt40 motor. then i had a 98 s10 (lowered rims, blah blah). got rid of that for a 02 acura rsx type s. from there i got a 98 pontiac grand prix gtp, then a honda crx. next was a 98 acura integra, then a 91 eagle talon tsi awd. traded the talon straight up for a 91 300zx. traded the Z for another crx. then finally sold the crx for another eagle talon (96 tsi awd). now i'm selling the talon for another mustang!

i got through cars like people go through jeans. i just get bored. but i've made a full circle, so i'm pretty sure i'll keep the next mustang for awhile...
username182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:22 PM   #24
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
96-98 GTs have 225... the 5.0s had the 215 just so you know

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:40 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
me liking 5-speeds has nothing to do me thinking manuals are faster - i just think they are more fun. I am sure someday i will be like corey and get tired of shifting, but for now i'll gladly break my leg pushing in my king cobra

sonicedge - doesn't staying active help arthritis?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:11 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
whoa...hold up a minute...

did you say like, last month or the month before that you changed cars so much due to a rough childhood and financial issues?

end up changing your mind on why you change your mind?
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:30 PM   #27
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Post I want everyone to read

:chin: :chin:
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:37 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
whoa...hold up a minute...

did you say like, last month or the month before that you changed cars so much due to a rough childhood and financial issues?

end up changing your mind on why you change your mind?
if you didn't notice I said there were many OTHER reasons in the other post. This is one of the bigger ones thought. In that post I talked about how I didn't get to enjoy being a teen and just not having a care in the world. Which then lead me to talking about why I changed so much, but I also mention about how that ended up causing me to put myself in a tough spot with my truck. This post talked about how I couldn't drive stick because of my knee which is one of the big factors also why I changed cars so much. Whenever my knee started hurting i'd think about how I wish I had an automatic and then i'd end up doing something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
96-98 GTs have 225... the 5.0s had the 215 just so you know
94-95 had 220 then it went to 215 for the 96-98. After owning one and learning everything about it, it's one thing I definately know about the 96-98
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-28-2005, 11:40 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

damn, I hate to say it but you are SO ****ING WRONG!!!!

now ban me *****

on the strip you are absolutely right, on the twisty turns... well its another story all together.. ever wonder why formula one uses air shifted manuals? le man's circuit? tran's am circuit.. shall I go on?
even straight line pro-stock is manual

sorry brent, never saw the oportunity to pick on you yet, but it reared its ugly head and I had to do it

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:43 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
u could say that since most people that do have manuals cant shift as fast as the pros, thus they dont get the full potential out of their manual tranny.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:47 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
for now i'll gladly break my leg pushing in my king cobra
just wanted to suggest something other than a king cobra, I really liked mine, however now that i've got something else, I realise how much it sucked.

my friend has a spec stage 1 (I think) its great, feels great grips better than a king cobra, i've got a special clutch that I don't tell people about, its my secret everyone has a preference, but you'll fall in love if you get something else. I promise

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:48 PM   #32
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge
if you didn't notice I said there were many OTHER reasons in the other post. This is one of the bigger ones thought. In that post I talked about how I didn't get to enjoy being a teen and just not having a care in the world. Which then lead me to talking about why I changed so much, but I also mention about how that ended up causing me to put myself in a tough spot with my truck. This post talked about how I couldn't drive stick because of my knee which is one of the big factors also why I changed cars so much. Whenever my knee started hurting i'd think about how I wish I had an automatic and then i'd end up doing something about it.

94-95 had 220 then it went to 215 for the 96-98. After owning one and learning everything about it, it's one thing I definately know about the 96-98
94-97 GT has 215 hp
98 GT has 225 hp

Know you know!!!!

Reddit
Old 04-28-2005, 11:51 PM   #33
Regular

Look I don't care what you people think about Automatics. You take your 5-speed and you drive it. I'll take my Auto and beef it up and laugh at the guy next to me in bumper to bumper traffic shifting from first to second and back and forth.

If you want to do that then fine you do that. I'll take the convience and the same quarter mile as the guy next to me in a t-5 with the same mods.

Reddit
Old 04-29-2005, 12:00 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Look I don't care what you people think about Automatics. You take your 5-speed and you drive it. I'll take my Auto and beef it up and laugh at the guy next to me in bumper to bumper traffic shifting from first to second and back and forth.

If you want to do that then fine you do that. I'll take the convience and the same quarter mile as the guy next to me in a t-5 with the same mods.
wtf i agreed with you. read foo, read.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:02 AM   #35
Regular

I didnt mean to quote you. I was talking to people in general

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar