These last two days have been weird.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2005, 03:03 PM   #1
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
These last two days have been weird....

Yesterday I couldnt eat anything because I was having a colonoscopy this morning..... well I wake up this morning get to the hospital and go through my prep... keep this in mind that I have never had any kind of surgery or been in a hospital for anything except the day I was born lol.... so they prep me for the colonoscopy and the last thing I remember is laying on the bed and the nurse telling me the that she had started the IV and it might burn alittle going in.......

then I am home.... dont remember a damn thing from me waking up and me typing this....

I woke up just 20 minutes ago thinking I was dreaming this lol... but my hand is still wrapped from the iv and I have my wrist band from the hospital.

And now I can finally EAT and I am damn never going to take food for granted

I'm just glad its over... btw they removed one precancerous polyp and my lower colon is slightly in flammed which is what was causing my stomach to hurt these last few months.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-28-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
umm, glad your ok Brent
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:06 PM   #3
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
I am just glad I know where I am and whats going on right now.. cause this morning I was out there
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
haha, I love medicine.

Glad your ok.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Haha, sounds like fun brent...I've never had a surgery done on me without it being an emergency surgery, dunno how I'd act.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:44 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Bane-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Maryland
Posts: 614
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
were you wondering why both hands were on your shoulders?









jk happy recovery
__________________
'04 Roush F150 ( totalled while parked )
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 59
its amazing how fasts those drugs kick in to knock you out. I would be an anestesiologist if i didnt mind going to school for 12 years
The Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:53 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
^omg very scared, well i hope you feel better soon
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:04 PM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arson
its amazing how fasts those drugs kick in to knock you out. I would be an anestesiologist if i didnt mind going to school for 12 years
and insanely high insurance.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
**** i didnt even know you were sick, well glad you are better now.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:15 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
**** i didnt even know you were sick, well glad you are better now.
same goes for me
__________________

-Denver
2002 Mineral Grey GT, 5-speed: MGW short throw, JLT CAI: SOLD
2002 Electric Green V6, Auto: SOLD
greenpony02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
you don't have to be sick to need one of those, some people may need them routinely.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
damn intresting.

glad your a okay :yup:
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:01 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
glad your ok. thanks for telling us you had surgery of the bum though, lol
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:36 PM   #15
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
glad your ok. thanks for telling us you had surgery of the bum though, lol
I didn't have surgery of the bum.

Don't worry you will have to have a colonoscopy too
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:43 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I didn't have surgery of the bum.

Don't worry you will have to have a colonoscopy too
Uh....don't know about that one...it has to be a matter of life or death for me to even go see a doctor now.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:47 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Uh....don't know about that one...it has to be a matter of life or death for me to even go see a doctor now.
werd. if my arm falls off or my head starts squirting blood out or i lose feeling in the left side of my body i'm just like "i'll feel better tomorrow, no worries" but today i was drying off the roof of an exterra at work and hit my elbow on the roof rack and completely lost feeling in my pinky for a couple of minutes, it was kind of freaky
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:54 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Haha, I'm the same way. I broke my finger this summer...what'd I do, I set it myself everytime it messed up. Finally gave up after 2 days of this and painting a house at the same time so now it crooked. I broke my arm a few years back, didn't go to the doctor till 3 days later when I got sick of not being able to use my right hand....
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:08 PM   #19
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
werd. if my arm falls off or my head starts squirting blood out or i lose feeling in the left side of my body i'm just like "i'll feel better tomorrow, no worries" but today i was drying off the roof of an exterra at work and hit my elbow on the roof rack and completely lost feeling in my pinky for a couple of minutes, it was kind of freaky
ha whatever man. I'm 19 and they found one polyp (read: Benign Tumor)

It's really up to you but I would rather not be stubborn and have it done instead of ending up with colon cancer.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #20
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Haha, I'm the same way. I broke my finger this summer...what'd I do, I set it myself everytime it messed up. Finally gave up after 2 days of this and painting a house at the same time so now it crooked. I broke my arm a few years back, didn't go to the doctor till 3 days later when I got sick of not being able to use my right hand....
Cancer and breaking your finger are two totally different things
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:13 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
ha whatever man. I'm 19 and they found one polyp (read: Benign Tumor)

It's really up to you but I would rather not be stubborn and have it done instead of ending up with colon cancer.
i thought only malignent tumors developed into cancer?
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:14 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Cancer and breaking your finger are two totally different things
I was just showing that it takes alot for me to go to the hospital or doctor....can't stand the places, been there too much.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
i thought only malignent tumors developed into cancer?
They don't know what they are, definitely, 'til they sample 'em. Alot of the time they'll just remove 'em. Better safe than sorry, and all that.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:26 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
The only surgery I've ever had was on my wisdom teeth. They set me in the char, stuck me in the arm, I lasted a few minutes while they got me ready...then...ugh...to the nurse, "I think I'm going to be sick!"...

Followed by confusion in the recovery room.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:32 PM   #25
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I don't even know if what brent had done is considered surgery.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I don't even know if what brent had done is considered surgery.
If they have to knock you out, it's surgery in my book.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #27
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
If they have to knock you out, it's surgery in my book.
Guess wisdom teeth extraction wasn't surgery for me. I was awake.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #28
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
i thought only malignent tumors developed into cancer?
Malignant tumors ARE cancer.

Polyps will turn Malignant if they are not removed
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:19 PM   #29
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Texas
Posts: 1
haha Brent, I think it's funny that you're ok with talking so openly about colonoscopies -- most people would shy away. I have ulcerative colitis so I am extremely familiar with colonoscopies...12 and counting! My 11 year old son was recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease and he got to experience his first colonoscopy...you can imagine how excited he was when he found out he was in for a lot more of them!

Glad you're ok :thumbsup:
__________________
Check out mah rides...

Cobra 1 471/501
Cobra 2

90 LX 1 317/367

Magnum 293/329
BlKvNm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:28 PM   #30
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlKvNm
haha Brent, I think it's funny that you're ok with talking so openly about colonoscopies -- most people would shy away. I have ulcerative colitis so I am extremely familiar with colonoscopies...12 and counting! My 11 year old son was recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease and he got to experience his first colonoscopy...you can imagine how excited he was when he found out he was in for a lot more of them!

Glad you're ok :thumbsup:
Dang 12 huh? This one was too much for me. Drinking that Fleet Phospa-Soda crap was so nasty.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:20 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
V6STANG007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,657
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Dang 12 huh? This one was too much for me. Drinking that Fleet Phospa-Soda crap was so nasty.
yup and don't forget to mention the enema and only being able to eat yellow jello. When I had my colonoscopy I woke up and was so hign I started acting like a freaking fool, kept wanting to get up and dance for some reason. the stupid nurses were getting all pissed off. It is crazy 'cause they tell u they are about to start and then u are awake. u don't even realize time has passed. very weird feeling

oh yeah and when I woke up the doctor was holding up the pics he took of my insides and I was like eewwww what the hell is that!!lol

they gave me some prevacid and sent me on my way
__________________
Jorge ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #32
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
yup and don't forget to mention the enema and only being able to eat yellow jello. When I had my colonoscopy I woke up and was so hign I started acting like a freaking fool, kept wanting to get up and dance for some reason. the stupid nurses were getting all pissed off. It is crazy 'cause they tell u they are about to start and then u are awake. u don't even realize time has passed. very weird feeling

oh yeah and when I woke up the doctor was holding up the pics he took of my insides and I was like eewwww what the hell is that!!lol

they gave me some prevacid and sent me on my way
haha yea I got to see the pictures of the polyp and the inflammation. I woke up normal I think... lol

Yea it was def weird.. last thing you remember is them telling you they are starting the iv... and then your staring at the ceiling...
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:17 PM   #33
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I can't wait... Family history kicks my ***. I have cancer on one side and heart trouble on the other.

I know I've got a lot of these in my future too Brent. I'm glad it wasn't a problem for yall, I'm less worried now.... kinda...
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It was one of those days... n8r The Bar 29 05-23-2005 08:15 AM
8 days whipster24 The Bar 3 05-02-2005 03:17 AM
OMG.. WEIRD.. so weird.. wiarumas The Bar 14 02-17-2005 01:45 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:35 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.