HA.....Kyle-1; Prick-0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

HA.....Kyle-1; Prick-0

so i'm heading through a residential neighborhood and i take off and bring 1st to about 3k rpms so it is kinda loud, but i maintain speed limit (35) and when i get to the stop sign an older prick who was outside wanted to initiate a convesation with me:

prick: hey! slow that piece of **** down!
me: i was going the speed limit *******.
prick: bull****. kids are playing, you inconsiderate bastard.
me: well if your kids are playing that close to the road that you are worring about them getting hit by a car going the speed limit, then you need to reevaluate you parenting skills, dumbass.

i then proceeded to jump on it through the stop sign and proudly leave my 20ft black mark behind me, while flipping him off.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Eh...cops anyone?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Eh...cops anyone?
nah, its pretty quiet down there and thankfully there were none b/c i never looked. i was too focused on the *******.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
haha.

One time some guy in Jennifer's neighborhood told me to slow down. I wasn't speeding. I just stopped at the stop sign and revved in neutral till he started walking towards my car and when he got close, I just took off.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
speed limit in a residential is 25. you=teh prick. next time dont get mad at the good parent for watching out for their children. no parent is good enough to battle a kids instinct reaction to go fetch that ball in the street.

in other words, SLOW THE FAWK DOWN *******. just cause your exhaust sounds uber cool at 3k doesnt mean you have the right to speed.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:29 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
the other day some guy actually got in his car and followed me back to my house to yell at me for driving to fast. He told me I could have hit his kids, I felt like saying "wtf are your kids doing in the middle of the street? the street is for cars", but i just apologized. I was actually doing the speed limit - 25, but I guess a cammin 5.0 with long tubes and dumped 2 chambers with an extra whine under the hood sounds alot faster than its actually going. I expect to get crap like that in my car, so I just apologize and brush it off.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
speed limit in a residential is 25. you=teh prick. next time dont get mad at the good parent for watching out for their children. no parent is good enough to battle a kids instinct reaction to go fetch that ball in the street.

in other words, SLOW THE FAWK DOWN *******. just cause your exhaust sounds uber cool at 3k doesnt mean you have the right to speed.

dude, the sign said 35, please go back and reread the first post. i know what the speed limit was, i was there and i always pay attention to speed limit signs. maybe it wasnt a "residential neighborhood" per say but that was the best way to describe it. it was a bunch of small, interconnecting roads.

i have a little more respect for people than to haul *** down a road where i know small children will play down. i am alot smarter than to do such a stupid thing as that. so i pay special attention to all my surroundings, especially when down roads such as those. so i dont appreciate you calling me a prick when i did absolutely NOTHING to deserve being called that.

i do agree with you on the point of the child fetching a ball in the street, however, i was not speeding and was very observant of my surroundings so i do not think i should have gotten yelled at AT ALL.

i wasnt speeding, as a matter of fact, i wasnt doing anything to offened anyone, which is why i dont understand why you would get offended and call me a prick.

but to each his own, i'm not gonna get all pissy on an internet forum b/c some dude doesnt like what i have to say or thinks i am wrong. i dont think anything i did was wrong in any way and was fully justified b/c he started it. he was hollering and screaming at me like i was driving like a maniac, when in all actually, i was driving like any other motorists. guess he has a problem with young people driving sports cars. however, i do think that i could have just ignored him and drove off, i chose not to and to verbally defend myself.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

you should have teabagged him then ran over him and his kids.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:52 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Haha...............yeh...............
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
you should have teabagged him then ran over him and his kids.
2: damn, yeah he was an *** and pissed me off, but not that bad
Old 04-29-2005, 09:17 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:

The limit here in baton rouge for residential areas is 35, unless it is a school zone and and the lights are flashing making it 20. Some areas are even 40 or 45.

I get the slow down wave and people yelling at me (can't hear them over the stingers) all the time. The thing is, people think that high revs = speeding. If I choose to ride at 3k rpms, that doesn't mean I am speeding...it just means I am making noise. From the sounds of it, Kyle was doing the same thing. Taking in the sound of his exhaust.

Now, if it is late at night and you are riding at high rev, then yes, you are an ***. However, the time in question here is well within the loud zone. I make lots of noise until about 7-8 pm. Then I make sure to keep it down to about 1500 rpms in case there are any babies/toddlers sleeping or whatever. Same is true in the AM. Before 9am, I tend to keep it down as well.

As for the cops, they will look if they are nearby, but they won't pull you unless they guestimate or verify you are speeding. Now, the laying patch from the stop sigh, yeah, that wouldn't go over well...but it is a nice touch for getting ragged on for obeying the limit.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:19 PM   #12
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

Just because the speed limit is 25 in a cali residental area doesnt mean it is 25 across the nation.

Calm down and stop with the name calling.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
The limit here in baton rouge for residential areas is 35, unless it is a school zone and and the lights are flashing making it 20. Some areas are even 40 or 45.

I get the slow down wave and people yelling at me (can't hear them over the stingers) all the time. The thing is, people think that high revs = speeding. If I choose to ride at 3k rpms, that doesn't mean I am speeding...it just means I am making noise. From the sounds of it, Kyle was doing the same thing. Taking in the sound of his exhaust.

Now, if it is late at night and you are riding at high rev, then yes, you are an ***. However, the time in question here is well within the loud zone. I make lots of noise until about 7-8 pm. Then I make sure to keep it down to about 1500 rpms in case there are any babies/toddlers sleeping or whatever. Same is true in the AM. Before 9am, I tend to keep it down as well.

As for the cops, they will look if they are nearby, but they won't pull you unless they guestimate or verify you are speeding. Now, the laying patch from the stop sigh, yeah, that wouldn't go over well...but it is a nice touch for getting ragged on for obeying the limit.

BAM, thats what i'm talking about!!!! thank you for this comment, thus further proving that i am not an ******* as previously thought and stated by another poster. sherwood forest is 35 when it turns into one lane in between old hammond highway and florida blvd.----------and thats a residential neighborhood.

it was like 4pm when this happened.

some cops are uptight asses but there are quite a few that are laid back. i remember last wednesday i was leaving raising canes on siegen lane and had to go down industriplex to make a u-turn and go back up to siegen. well when i left canes i jumped on it and wound out first and as i was still gaining speed there was a city cop at the kirshman's parking lot (across the street from academy on industriplex) now i will admit, that was pretty stupid of me but he didnt bother to come after me. he just sat in his car the whole time. well i turned behind the academy store and out the other side of the parking lot up to siegen b/c i was afraid the cop was gonna pull out of the parking lot and pursue me.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

just so i can be an ******* im gonna call you an *******.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Just because the speed limit is 25 in a cali residental area doesnt mean it is 25 across the nation.

Calm down and stop with the name calling.
thanks

i might have to start a poll on this to see who thinks the real *** was--me or the other guy
Old 04-29-2005, 09:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
just so i can be an ******* im gonna call you an *******.

oh yeah....................well you can just

[cartman voice]
suck..............mah..................bawlz
[/cartman voice]

Old 04-29-2005, 10:38 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
I get yelled at all the time for letting my exhaust drone coming up the hill to my house...That or just accelerating from a stop sign (you know, 0-35 in 2 seconds lol)

You know how I deal with it?

I don't....If they have a problem with my exhaust droning then they can spend money to get me a daily driver. Until then, drone away

Seriously though...One guy actually flagged me down. I stopped next to him, he told me "take it easy around here, no one to impress"......I blatently told him flat out "who says I'm trying to impress anyone? I spent money for this car, and this exhaust system, and I'm going to enjoy it...if you have a problem with that, feel free to call the police". After that I just drove away. Even if he did decide to call the police, #1 they couldn't do anything about it because they have to witness it #2 if they did show up to my house it would only be a verbal warning and #3 I know majority of the cops in my town...they know I don't drive like an ******* and wouldn't even think twice about letting me go.

Nice kill though on the ol' man...I'm sure he's still spittin rubber
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:34 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
w00t i am an *******.

"i go to the mall and park in handicapped places
while handicapped kids make handicapped faces

im an *******, im an ******* oo oo ee oo"

dam 35 in a residential is pretty fast. 35 is like the main road limits around here, with 45 being a more busy parkway, and 55 being the backroads, and 65 the freeways. though actually getting traffic to go the posted speed limit is next to impossible when its backed up like we do in cali.

just to be cool im gonna apologize cause i thought it said 25. my bad. im still an ******* though. better not forget that.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:36 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Since when do kids play outside anymore?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:07 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
speed limit in a residential is 25.
i've never seen a 25 limit in a neighborhood. they're all 30 down here... a couple are 40 as well.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:16 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Here in TX an unmarked residential street's speed limit is 30.

We have problems with people hauling butt down my street. One guy was doing 51, I know this because I've been on the cops butts to do something about it. So they set up a tracking device to measure the traffic and their speed.

Ragged on the street department to put in some stop sogns, of course the a-holes just blow thru them.

So I am the old dude that will get on your *** if you speed. Gimme some lip and you will find out what, exactly, old school means.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:51 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
i've never even seen a sign below 30 here outside a school zone.. usually around here it runs like:

school zone = 30 @ normal times, 15 + traffic cops @ arrival and departure times
residential 2 lane = 35
residential 2.5 = 40
highway 2 lane = 45
highway 2.5 lane = 50
country highway = 55
interstate = 65 - 75 (depending on the area and # of lanes)

that's just in the area where i live now. when i lived in iowa, residential roads were typically limited 5 mph lower, and highways 5 mph higher

so, eclipsedude, it's not the same everywhere in the nation as in cali

ya'll just have too many damn people

Old 04-30-2005, 12:03 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Since when do kids play outside anymore?
when the power goes out, and the TV and computer dont work...
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman

We have problems with people hauling butt down my street. One guy was doing 51, I know this because I've been on the cops butts to do something about it. So they set up a tracking device to measure the traffic and their speed.
we have the same problem in my neighborhood. i live in stone oak in san antonio, and anyone in san antonio knows that stone oak is full of snobby, wanna be rich, dickheads and soccer moms who think they are better then you.

the soccer moms in my neighborhood feel like they don't have to obey any traffic laws. a couple days ago, two minivans ran a stopsign right in fron of me. the big problem with this is that they both did it right by an elementary school that just got out. there were kids all over the place. the first minivan was moving pretty fast and had a kid stepped out on the street, he/she would've been killed.

the soccer moms don't use signals, they don't obey any speed limit(and if they do, they're going way under it and impeding traffic), they park wherever they want to, etc., etc. and there are never any cops in my neighborhood - mybe that's the reason why crime is so bad here on the north side. anyways, i'm glad i'm moving next month.

ok, i'm done ranting now.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:05 PM   #25
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
^ Soccermoms are the worst!

I remember when I still had to take my brother to middle school after I got my license, everyday leaving that parking lot I thought I was about to get in a wreck. I hated it.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
So I am the old dude that will get on your *** if you speed. Gimme some lip and you will find out what, exactly, old school means.

Steve
why am I picturing that dude "blue" from the movie old school
02flstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar