my bro got a car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
my bro is no longer getting this car

It's a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT. It has 471 miles on it. It's an auto. Supposedly has leather and all the goodies... I don't know, as I haven't looked into them since I got my car. I hate to tell them it only has 170 horsepower, but it is a sharp car. He got it for $9100. Maybe he'll try to rice it out. I doubt he'll put fart cans on it though. Maybe he won't do anything to it. This isn't his car, but almost exactly the same...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEBI%3AIT

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
It's a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT. It has 471 miles on it. It's an auto. Supposedly has leather and all the goodies... I don't know, as I haven't looked into them since I got my car. I hate to tell them it only has 170 horsepower, but it is a sharp car. He got it for $9100. Maybe he'll try to rice it out. I doubt he'll put fart cans on it though. Maybe he won't do anything to it. This isn't his car, but almost exactly the same...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEBI%3AIT
Actually I drove one a couple of weeks ago and they are nice cars. Far better than the original Tiburon. They look good to. I am amazed at the quality Hyundai puts in there cars and be so afordable.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
yeah, it should be a nice car for him... 26 miles a gallon on the highway though... don't see why that isn't higher. I'd figure a 2.7 liter v-6 should be getting good gas mileage... if it isn't putting down the HP... which it isn't really at 170.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #4
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
theyre pretty quick cars, the ones with the 6 speeds in them are actually quite fast for what they are.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

too bad his is an auto. Something like .6 seconds slower 0-60 mph than my car

Old 05-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
yeah those cars are alright. a guy I know from the races has one quite modded out. Gotta admit they respond rather well to mods. esp nitrous :yup:
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:15 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

well I will talk to my bro about modding it... not sure if he'll want to or not. Probably not nitrous... not for awhile, lol. A turbo/super charger on it would work very well... but I don't think he's gonna want to shell out that kinda cash

Old 05-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #8
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
my friend had a tiburon, it was a really nice car. I liked it, and I really liked the interior on it.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm hoping to get to see it sometime in the next month. It's in CA right now... maybe in a month it'll be at my house

Old 05-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
they are fun little cars to drive

random story involving a tib gt: i was driving a tib gt that my g/fs dad was rebuilding over to his friends house, and apparently the drivers front inner fender was a little loose. I hit a speed bump and knocked the inner fender loose and drug it about 2 miles before it finally fell off.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Before I bought the stang I test drove a 6-speed. Man it had no balls. Could not get out if its own way, My wife's alero would eat it for dinner. Besides being slow they look real cheap inside. I do have to say they LOOK nice but thats it.
redfire2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:45 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
the Tibby's are actually pretty decent cars, i was looking into them when i was searching for a new car, though i couldnt see forking over 25g's for the 6spd GT. i hear they can run mid 15's stock, and theres a tuning system that can bring that down to mid 14's with zero boltons, but it costs like 3g's.

it comes stock with a pretty good sounding and performing exhaust. theyre pretty fun to drive, but not worth 25g's.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:52 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
they look 100x better than the previous fugly things... one tried to mess with me the other day... I didnt race, dont care to street race, but I dont think it would have been much competition. Does he care about moding or just wanted a decnet car to drive daily?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:36 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

ya' know, I don't know that he knows... whatever he wants to do, I will be sure to help him out with it. Hard time modding them visually without looking ricey though. Euro tails and CAI are probably first to go on... I HIGHLY doubt he'll put dual fart cans on though... I'd make fun of him daily

Old 05-10-2005, 10:59 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

my friends has one, i think its a GT but im not positive......never got a chance to race it so dunno how fast it is really
The Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:02 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

I heard like 75% of them were GT's.

Old 05-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Update

my bro is no longer getting this car. The guy had a BUNCH of stuff he didn't list that he told my dad after he had won. Like, he didn't have the title... it wasn't registered... all this stuff. So my dad got a CarFax report, turns out the car is involved in fraud. Some people tried to get it regular titled after it had A LOT of damage and was repair. And I guess there's a bunch of other stuff. So my dad said "screw that... I don't want any part of it". And I don't blame him.

Old 05-13-2005, 02:32 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness
ya the autos were built with a stronger tranny than the manuals.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar