Trump to rebuild World Trade Center? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:40 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Trump to rebuild World Trade Center?

just saw a commercial... it was the Donald... he was asking people to call the governor of NYC and ask him to delay project Freedom Tower, and in exchange, he said he wanted to build two new buildings there, that were 1 story taller and much stronger than the original two WTC's... I agree with the Donald... yes, they are targets, but hey, this is America DAMN IT...

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
I think a big reason he wants to do it is to boost his popularity though..... but if we took every celebrity, and had them donate a million dollars.... they could almost pay for it

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 05-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
just saw a commercial... it was the Donald... he was asking people to call the governor of NYC and ask him to delay project Freedom Tower, and in exchange, he said he wanted to build two new buildings there, that were 1 story taller and much stronger than the original two WTC's... I agree with the Donald... yes, they are targets, but hey, this is America DAMN IT...
**** Donald and go with the project we have already setup.

Donald can keep his greedy hands off of such a memorial.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

I didn't say I agreed with him being in charge of the building, or the project to get it passed... just that I don't think we should put up less spectacular buildings in place of the previous... that's letting them win

Old 05-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #5
Regular

Quote:
I didn't say I agreed with him being in charge of the building, or the project to get it passed... just that I don't think we should put up less spectacular buildings in place of the previous... that's letting them win
Have you seen the new design? It looks awsome.

Reddit
Old 05-18-2005, 10:50 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Have you seen the new design? It looks awsome.
I haven't. I still think it should be some huge project.... gotta go to work now... then to Iowa in the morning to give them some money, so I can go there next year... then to bed, I will be back here at like 8 or 9 tomorrow night

Old 05-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Donalds just trying to compensate...dont worry
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:57 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
I like the idea of rebuilding them bigger and better. It's basically a big f' you to the terrorists.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:59 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

He wants to build it because then he would own them. Can you imagine what the value of those would be in 5yrs when they are fully booked? That is about a 2-5x return on investment. He is trying to market it as doing something nice, but it is all for personal gain.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Donald. I think he is a symbol of what intelligence, friends, and hard work can accomplish in this nation of ours, but I thik the buildings should belong to America, and not someone who will turn a profit on them in 5yrs.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:00 PM   #10
Regular

Quote:
I haven't. I still think it should be some huge project.... gotta go to work now... then to Iowa in the morning to give them some money, so I can go there next year... then to bed, I will be back here at like 8 or 9 tomorrow night
2:

It is some huge project.

Please go read up on the actual project before telling me what it should be.

and Donald can suck my bawlz for just trying to get his hands on something like that. Bastard.

Reddit
Old 05-18-2005, 11:01 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
I like the idea of rebuilding them bigger and better. It's basically a big f' you to the terrorists.
Not with Donald profiting from it. Hell no!

Reddit
Old 05-18-2005, 11:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
its also a statement to the rest of the world saying that no matter what you do, we will bounce back and become better than before.

on a less serious note though:
we need to take the advice of comic patrice oneal. build them the same height, but the top 50 stories made outta carboard in the shape of middle fingers.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:12 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i think they should have rebuilt them back to original specs(aside from making it safer). i didnt like any of the proposed projects, they all look like crap. the new one is a frigging skeleton? whats that embody about america, were a skeleton of our former self? if i remember the proposed freedom tower is all squiggly and not straight like the TwinTowers. that shows the world were no longer on the straight and narrow, and now are more chaotic and have no direction.

i definately think they should do donalds plan. its a giant "**** You" to the terrorists. not only will we rebuild, well make it the same as it was, showing them that they cannot change our world and will with their close minded attempts at terror.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:30 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
DONT BUILD GRRRRR WTF is wrong with people.. I knew people that died on 9-11, and thuis jack *** wants to make money off the land and make fame.. gerrrrr
Old 05-19-2005, 12:36 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
DONT BUILD GRRRRR WTF is wrong with people.. I knew people that died on 9-11, and thuis jack *** wants to make money off the land and make fame.. gerrrrr
gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:37 AM   #16
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i think they should have rebuilt them back to original specs(aside from making it safer). i didnt like any of the proposed projects, they all look like crap. the new one is a frigging skeleton? whats that embody about america, were a skeleton of our former self? if i remember the proposed freedom tower is all squiggly and not straight like the TwinTowers. that shows the world were no longer on the straight and narrow, and now are more chaotic and have no direction.

i definately think they should do donalds plan. its a giant "**** You" to the terrorists. not only will we rebuild, well make it the same as it was, showing them that they cannot change our world and will with their close minded attempts at terror.
Donald Trump should not profit from this. That is all I am going to say.

Reddit
Old 05-19-2005, 12:47 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
yeah im with you on that. but if hes the only one with enough power to say what needs to be said then so be it.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:02 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
ya know he might not be out for profit...you dont know what his motives are. hell for all you know he will pay to have them built then donate them to the city of new york.

out of all those deisgns they came up with, i liked none. and they werent as high as WTC towers to begin with. I like Donalds idea. and even if he made money off of them. If you had that kind of money to fork out to make money you would too

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:18 AM   #19
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrATEX
ya know he might not be out for profit...you dont know what his motives are. hell for all you know he will pay to have them built then donate them to the city of new york.

out of all those deisgns they came up with, i liked none. and they werent as high as WTC towers to begin with. I like Donalds idea. and even if he made money off of them. If you had that kind of money to fork out to make money you would too
Donald's idea is fine with me.

I don't want him to be the one profiting from it however.

and the current design that has been selected is 1776 feet tall... that would easily be the tallest building in the world... and FAR taller than the twin towers.

Reddit
Old 05-19-2005, 09:08 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

please read all of my posts.... I never once said Donald should be anywhere on the project... just that he was the one presenting it on TV.... I feel he shouldn't be in it... and no, he would not own them... he was helping the project's cause. I never said the current one wouldn't be a 'grand idea'... I just meant I don't think we should put something up that's not as spectacular.... just my 2 cents worth. I wasn't dissing the current project, as I have stated, I haven't seen it.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:53 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Donald's idea is fine with me.

I don't want him to be the one profiting from it however.

and the current design that has been selected is 1776 feet tall... that would easily be the tallest building in the world... and FAR taller than the twin towers.

hmm must not have seen the current one then...not payed much attention since the first 2 or 3 were presented

Supermotors

Old 05-19-2005, 09:57 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Isn't it funny how a guy who has teetered to the point of bankruptcy as many times as he has and he keeps getting richer and richer.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
I like the idea of building them back...just like they were. The tallest building in the world idea isn't bad...I'd just rather see them built right back.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:59 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
There will never be another super high rise built with an external skeletal system for structural support!!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You guys are funny.

who evers building the new WTC building are gonna profit either way whether DOnald builds it or not. Hes a smart business man and we cant judge him on what his motives are. Considering he did have property in the original WTC buildings what sthe big deal cause he has a reality tv show now. please get over it hes a smart guy and Id actually wouldnt mind seeing him build the new buildings at all. Build them *****es as tall as the sky **** the terrorist.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:38 PM   #26
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
You guys are funny.

who evers building the new WTC building are gonna profit either way whether DOnald builds it or not. Hes a smart business man and we cant judge him on what his motives are. Considering he did have property in the original WTC buildings what sthe big deal cause he has a reality tv show now. please get over it hes a smart guy and Id actually wouldnt mind seeing him build the new buildings at all. Build them *****es as tall as the sky **** the terrorist.

Let the guy that has already won the design contest go ahead with his plans and not let some billionaire butt in and take that from him just because he has the power to do so.

His reality show sucks *** btw

Reddit
Old 05-19-2005, 12:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Got any of the official designs? cause I remember about those 6 that came out were lame as dog ****

BTW I agree his show sucks it sucks so much Ive yet to see a signle episode
Old 05-19-2005, 12:44 PM   #28
Regular

This is the official one

1776 ft tall easily making it the tallest building in the world.

It is not just that one building. There are plenty of other glass high rises to replace the other WTC building that collapsed

Reddit
Old 05-19-2005, 12:46 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

wow thats a funky *** design cant wait till they start building that thenI guess :yup:
Old 05-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

hmm i dont know, dont care for the design that much...after seeing that I would prefer a bigger better version of the origianls.

Supermotors

Old 05-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Uhm, this is America, what's wrong with him making a bunch of money off the deal?

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:02 PM   #32
Regular

Quote:
Uhm, this is America, what's wrong with him making a bunch of money off the deal?
Because its an insult to the guy that already had his design chosen to have some dip**** billionaire butt in and tell him he was going to do it not him.

Reddit
Old 05-19-2005, 01:09 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

brent as bluemustang already stated however builds the towers will make a chit load of money off of it. who ever owns that land, will make a chit load of money.

Supermotors

Old 05-19-2005, 01:12 PM   #34
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrATEX
brent as bluemustang already stated however builds the towers will make a chit load of money off of it. who ever owns that land, will make a chit load of money.
That is not the point I am trying to make.

Let the guy that won the right to have his design built profit off of it. Not some billionaire that wants to use his power to butt into what he pleases. He will not profit like Donald would by a long shot though. Donald wants to actually finance the building of the towers. The guy that designed it will have no investment into it other than the costs to win the right for his design to be chosen.

Reddit
Old 05-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

i see what you are saying...i still dont care for the design

Supermotors

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar