Question about Health Insurance - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Question about Health Insurance

I was just wondering what everyone else did when they got out of high school. I know for my family if your over 18 and not enrolled in school or working full time your parents can't cover you for health insurance. Atleast that's what mine are saying.

I don't know, my dad is being a ******bag and won't loan me 600 bucks to fix my car that I KNOW he can afford to give out because he is making 2g's a month for rainy day money that he just saves for retirement. I can pay him back in a month but he doesn't want to. He's saying I need to get enrolled in school or start a LEGAl full time job before I can get my car fixed.

But I can't drive to school or work without a car right? WTF the guy just pisses me off sometimes, he doesn't think about what hes asking of me and I flip out on him. College classes go on at like 9, 11, 2, 5, and 8 here. He's working during all those times. so he can't give mne a ride. My mom is traveling 1-1/2 hours everyday to work. My bro is in High school.

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO ENROLL IN COLLEGE AND GO or GET A JOB WITH NO CAR. Someone explain it to me. God damn it. I just had to vent I'm seriously frustrated right now, all I want to do is get my car back and get in school. But he thinks that all I'm ever gonna do in life is work at a detail shop making $7/under the table.

Sorry, I had to vent and my gf is on vacation....
/rant end

Old 05-18-2005, 11:04 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

enroll in college. dad gives money to fix car. goto college. pay him back. graduate college. get career and health insurance.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
enroll in college. dad gives money to fix car. goto college. pay him back. graduate college. get career and health insurance.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Or, don't get hurt. Just kidding, I know what you mean, luckily, every job I have had since I took a break from college has offered insurance.

Also, about the no car thing, it can be done. I had friends at AU that had jobs, and didn't have a car. Just get a job that isn't far form where you live, or, use public transportation. College towns usually have pretty good public transportation systems.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
Old 05-19-2005, 08:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Depends on the company and/or the health plan.

The job I have will cover ANYONE who lives under my roof. That was a decision my company made.

As for the rest, remember nobody likes a whinybaby. I bicycled my *** to work for two years before I bought my own car with my own money and I sure as **** didn't expect my Dad to bail me out with money that is "just for his retirement".

Maybe if you grew up and started acting like a man he might be willing to help you out, otherwise maybe you ought to see if your momma has a free nipple for you.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Maybe if you grew up and started acting like a man he might be willing to help you out, otherwise maybe you ought to see if your momma has a free nipple for you
I think thats the funniest thing Ive seen come from you to date
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
enroll in college. dad fixes car. drop out. then find a real job that doesnt pay under the table, where you can do what you do at the shop for double what under the table paid.

collage S fer lewsers.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
Depends on the company and/or the health plan.

The job I have will cover ANYONE who lives under my roof. That was a decision my company made.

As for the rest, remember nobody likes a whinybaby. I bicycled my *** to work for two years before I bought my own car with my own money and I sure as **** didn't expect my Dad to bail me out with money that is "just for his retirement".

Maybe if you grew up and started acting like a man he might be willing to help you out, otherwise maybe you ought to see if your momma has a free nipple for you.

Steve

Don't ever call me anything else othe than a real man or I'll kill you. My dad has done nothing but think about him and himself the past 19 years of my life. I have never asked him for a dime before. I buy my clothes, I buy my food, I buy my toys(be it whatever they are), I pay for insurance, I pay for gas, I repaired everything that has broken on my car the past 4 years, **** I started paying rent on my room 6 days after HS graduation. He's 39 and your saying that he can't take $1500 from his retirement of over $54,000 to help me out once. He hasn't helped me out one gad damn bit but you say act like a ****ing man and quit whining.

I THINK IM ****ING ENTITLED TO WHINE
Old 05-21-2005, 07:33 PM   #10
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
Don't ever call me anything else othe than a real man or I'll kill you. My dad has done nothing but think about him and himself the past 19 years of my life. I have never asked him for a dime before. I buy my clothes, I buy my food, I buy my toys(be it whatever they are), I pay for insurance, I pay for gas, I repaired everything that has broken on my car the past 4 years, **** I started paying rent on my room 6 days after HS graduation. He's 39 and your saying that he can't take $1500 from his retirement of over $54,000 to help me out once. He hasn't helped me out one gad damn bit but you say act like a ****ing man and quit whining.

I THINK IM ****ING ENTITLED TO WHINE
Looks like you need a vacation.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar