official work thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:33 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
official work thread

what do you do for work... how much do you work... how much do you get paid for what ever it is that you do. Also what hours do you work (shift).

I'm a blow molding engineer.... aka, factory whore at a blow molding plastic factory... even though we make some cool stuff, it still sucks... but I get $9.90 an hour, and work 50 hours a week.. minimum. I work midnight to 8 am.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2005, 10:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96
warehouse assistant at a local tv and appliance store
1-9 t, th, f and 8-6, 1130-5 every other weekend
$8.25
Old 05-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
sales associate at a beauty supply and a jewelry store (min and 12/hour), then im also a social worker here in jersey (salary)

hours change every week...lots of fun...and i'm picking up another job to replace the beauty supply job cause it can kiss my ***

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2005, 10:47 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Domino's, 6.75hr, when I want to work (about 30hrs a week right now)

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:52 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
I don't wanna go to work .... but I must leave in like... oh now

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 05-19-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

you mean to tell me you've worked at Domino's all this time, and you still haven't gotten me free pizza?

Old 05-19-2005, 10:56 PM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Just ending my job as a special education aide at Rainbow Elementry, 8hrs. a day, $6.00 an hour.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
selling crack to kids.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:50 PM   #9
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
selling crack to kids.
So you are the reason why some of these kids at my school are so screwed up!! Damn you!!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

you guys should ry my line of work, it brings in good money
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:18 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang
The Family buisiness (sp)

:ar15:
Old 05-20-2005, 12:34 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Detail cars at a shop that also lifts jeeps, Just started on Sunday

10/ hour under the table
9-7 Weekdays
10-3 Saturday

Cash flow baby.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:35 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Oh and since I work there now I have someone to install my new gears when I get them since he does differential work alot!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:38 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
waiter.

7.25 hourly. tips kick ***. calculated with tips+hourly wage i make almost 20 an hour. but then again were a small resturant that only does lunches and are busy from 12-3, i work maybe 4-5 hours on average. still cool though, i bring maybe 250 in "claimed" income every 2 weeks, but each friday i have a good 300 on my desk waiting to be deposited.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:24 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Aerospace Quailty Engineer/Analyst
60,000+ a year
Salaried so no OT pay but I usually get in 60+ hours a week
Old 05-20-2005, 08:36 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Aerospace Quailty Engineer/Analyst
60,000+ a year
Salaried so no OT pay but I usually get in 60+ hours a week

what exactly do u do? my dad is an aeronautical engineer for galaxy scientific--and hes always showing me these crazy experiments that they get to do...like set planes on fire and rebuild them, and set them on fire again (for the purpose of preventing in flight fires from bringing a plane down)...they also have a HUGE wind tunnel...but i've never been able to go see it from closer than 500 feet

in other words, this stuff just fascinates me

Modified 2004 V6
Old 05-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Air Force IT Contractor
7:30-3:30 M-Thurs 7:30-12:00 F
48k Salaried plus my co. bought me my GT.
Bassini O/R X Pipe
FRPP Adjustable Clutch Cable
UPR Extreme Triple Hook Quadrant
UPR Extreme Firewall Adjuster
Ford 11"Clutch Conversion
C&L MAF
WMS CAI
Aluminum Drive Shaft
95 V6 Vert: 4.2L swap, Trac Lock, Light Cam, Mac Shrorty Headers, More to come.
AlmostN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:00 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick
what exactly do u do? my dad is an aeronautical engineer for galaxy scientific--and hes always showing me these crazy experiments that they get to do...like set planes on fire and rebuild them, and set them on fire again (for the purpose of preventing in flight fires from bringing a plane down)...they also have a HUGE wind tunnel...but i've never been able to go see it from closer than 500 feet

in other words, this stuff just fascinates me
My actual work is constantly shifting. Let see I make sure all Work Instructions that go to the floor to be worked by Mechanics are up to date with the latest revisions from engineering. I investigate accidents and damage on Aircraft. I collect data and metrics on the quality of the product the we turn out at Lockheed Martin and meet with DoD and military brass to get there input on the quality of the product and if deficiencies are found I investigate root cause and recommend corrective action. I also am Airforce Base engine manager for my location and have to keep up with all the Airforce C-130 engines that come and go. My programs consist of C-130's from all countries Airforces, A-10 warthogs mostly rewinging, Gulfstream 5 SEMA mod for multi national customers to make a low cost Airborne command and AWACS type aircraft and I do analyst work on certain components on the F-22 Raptor Air Domination Fighter. But actually I have done just about everything that is imaginable on aircraft. Before I completed school I was a Aircraft mechanic and a aircraft quality inspector in my current job I still do some of that work. I have worked on more aircraft than I can count including Boeing 707, 727,737,747,757,767. MD DC-8,DC-9,DC-10, MD-11. Lockheed Jetstars, L-1011, F-16 , C-130, C-141, C-5. F-111, F-4 Airbus A-300, A-320. I also worked special projects at Nellis aka Area51
Old 05-20-2005, 09:20 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I can't believe I'm admitting this on this site since there seems to be a large amount of dislike for my brothers and sisters.

Police Officer, I work all three shifts, we change every two weeks, to be exact we change shifts every other Monday. I make $19.95 an hour, with no shift differential. Sucks not seeing my family the two weeks I work midnights but that my favorite shift to work.

Will-

P.S., don't kill me because of what I do, I'm still a Mustang fan at heart.
Pics @ http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/account-photos.asp
Ghostrider304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider304
I can't believe I'm admitting this on this site since there seems to be a large amount of dislike for my brothers and sisters.

Police Officer, I work all three shifts, we change every two weeks, to be exact we change shifts every other Monday. I make $19.95 an hour, with no shift differential. Sucks not seeing my family the two weeks I work midnights but that my favorite shift to work.

Will-

I don't hate cops.... I hate pricks. Just happens it matters most when the cop is a prick. I have some across some real PRICK cops.... but I'm sure you're not a prick ... so you're ok in my book. Maybe I should list some stuff I've been pulled over for, and see if you would've pulled me over. (none for speeding)

Old 05-20-2005, 09:28 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

Will-

Who would dislike you for being a police officer. People typically make post about the ******* cops they run into but generally I have deep respect for men of the badge. You do a duty that often goes unrewarded. You can come under the line of fire and wear a uniform that often makes you a target. Your jobe is needed in this imperfect world we live in. Hats off to you and all who wear the badge :patriot: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Old 05-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Right now I am a C-130 Hercules Aero Repair Tech. Im basically the grease monkey of the Air Force. I work on everything from the landing gear to the flight controls. AFSC is that of a crew chief so I could work flightline or ISO if they wanted me to. Being AR I am also Crash Recovery.

Right now I work noon-midnight local time. Can work whenever I am told to though

Get payed about 2200 a month.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:46 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrATEX
Right now I am a C-130 Hercules Aero Repair Tech. Im basically the grease monkey of the Air Force. I work on everything from the landing gear to the flight controls. AFSC is that of a crew chief so I could work flightline or ISO if they wanted me to. Being AR I am also Crash Recovery.

Right now I work noon-midnight local time. Can work whenever I am told to though

Get payed about 2200 a month.

GO AIRFORCE
Old 05-20-2005, 09:52 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

whoa, calmanse Corey.... I get to work 6 day weeks all summer long.... my monthly pay check (I get paid every 2 weeks... but) will be around $2000... not bad for just a summer job

Old 05-20-2005, 09:59 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
GO AIRFORCE
:thumbs2: :yup:

Supermotors

Old 05-20-2005, 10:06 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
im with danger dude, dont be ashamed of what you do a living. I have plenty of respect for cops. And it pisses me off when you see athletes *****ing and complaining when they dont get their 50+million dollar contract when all the important jobs (Police,Fire,Rescue,even Teachers,etc) dont get what they deserve.

Im just a loely warehouse worker for a cable distributer 10/hr typically 500-550/every 2 weeks
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:

Will-

I admire the work you do and I thank you for every day that you are out there. They don't pay you guys enough. Anybody that says they hate cops is because cops have not let them get away with breaking the law.
:thanks: :patriot: :thumbs2:

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:24 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
nissan (actually DAS) factory line operator. usually 45-50 hours a week, but we're on reduced production until the model year switches to 06 builds (around august) so i'm only getting 40 hours a week. i make $13.51 an hour, plus a $180+ bonus every month
Old 05-20-2005, 10:38 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

Will-

i'm trying to become a cop so its all good

Modified 2004 V6
Old 05-20-2005, 10:40 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I work for Mopar Wholesale Parts Dist. - basically drive a big truck and deliver Dodge parts to all the dealers in CT and certain parts in MA and NY

Get paid 11 bucks an hour / 50 hrs a week
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #31
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Software Automation Engineer and Build and Release Manager at a company that makes Loan Origination and Decisioning software. you know, the stuff the bank uses to say yes or no to your loan. $59k a year salaried. This job is ending in 2-3 weeks as I was just offered a position with another company that does software work for the DoD and other governmental agencies. That position will be $65k salary plus yearly bonus. Hours are from when I get there to when I leave and sometimes more when I get home. Usually about 50 or so a week on average.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Insurance producer for my dad's agency (allstate in hot springs, ar) work monday 9-5 and tuesday thru friday 8-5. I pretty make what i want to, depends on how hard I want to sell or if i want to play on the message boards.
djlarryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #33

#1 I'm a nursing student

This summer, however, I'm working for a local hospital following a nurse in the OB dept.. .. watching deliveries, c sections, helping out in the nursery, etc. I work 7 days on 7 off. 12 hour shifts . 10 an hour with a guarantee of an RN position when I graduate. My hubby is a licensed physical therapy assistant and makes 23.40 an hour. We're health care nerds.
GenesStangGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #34
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesStangGirl
#1 I'm a nursing student

This summer, however, I'm working for a local hospital following a nurse in the OB dept.. .. watching deliveries, c sections, helping out in the nursery, etc. I work 7 days on 7 off. 12 hour shifts . 10 an hour with a guarantee of an RN position when I graduate. My hubby is a licensed physical therapy assistant and makes 23.40 an hour. We're health care nerds.
Hmm...one tends to wonder if this adds to, or takes away from the fun of playing doctor.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:40 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
im with danger dude, dont be ashamed of what you do a living. I have plenty of respect for cops. And it pisses me off when you see athletes *****ing and complaining when they dont get their 50+million dollar contract when all the important jobs (Police,Fire,Rescue,even Teachers,etc) dont get what they deserve.

Im just a loely warehouse worker for a cable distributer 10/hr typically 500-550/every 2 weeks

i know how they feel. If I did what I do for the Air Force as a civilian, depending on where I live, i could make from 80-100k a year avg. Instead of my 24k a year

Supermotors

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar