Guess who I am - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
upton7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,756
Re: Guess who I am

if
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-21-2009, 02:55 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
OsirisGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 1,262
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: Guess who I am

It was one vote that put Hitler in charge and killed millions of jews
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicMist View Post
OsirisGuy is correct
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Greywolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Nevada
Posts: 67
Re: Guess who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
You tell me one thing that 19 year old small town michael upton can do to change this economy war and all other bull**** and i'll go send in my one little vote that wouldn't have had a change in election.
I said it was the attitude you had. Let's say that 315 Michael Upton's had gotten off their butt's and went to the poles in Minnesota during the last election and voted for Norm Coleman. Then Al Franken wouldn't be sitting in the Senate. You'd be amazed by how many laws and politicians win by the slightest of margins. Laugh all you want but your vote really could count. But based on your attitude it's a long time before I want such an uneducated individual anywhere near the voting booth. Or my children.
__________________
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #39
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Guess who I am

Perfect example here: Ridge: Bush officials sought to raise terror alert before '04 vote - CNN.com

If Obama did anything like this Republicans would **** a brick. All I hear is crickets though from Republicans.......
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
upton7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,756
Re: Guess who I am

[QUOTE=Greywolf;624437]I said it was the attitude you had. Let's say that 315 Michael Upton'sQUOTE]

but there isn't
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Greywolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Nevada
Posts: 67
Re: Guess who I am

[QUOTE=upton7;624477]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
I said it was the attitude you had. Let's say that 315 Michael Upton'sQUOTE]

but there isn't
Not 315 Michael Upton's. But unfortunately too many others share this narrow minded approach you are so fond of. As ugly as your opinion is, it is within your rights to have it. It's also in my right to have no value for anything you say about President's, foreign policy, or political views because you've chosen to be so narrow minded as to even take the effort to vote. It is that lack of effort and responsibility that canstantly allows this messed up system to continue. I'm done with you.
__________________
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
upton7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,756
Re: Guess who I am

i'm not to lazy to vote i choose not to another reason is because niether of the candidates last year were worth a **** in my opinion
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Guess who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
i'm not to lazy to vote i choose not to another reason is because niether of the candidates last year were worth a **** in my opinion
Well ****, I didn't realize there were only two.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
upton7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,756
Re: Guess who I am

none I guess?
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #45
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: Guess who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
none I guess?
More like 8 or so.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Guess who I am

You guys can't tell upton that "if all the michael uptons voted it would matter" and in the same thread say **** like "i'd vote 3rd party but that is throwing away my vote so i vote for the lesser of two evils". That is the same **** in a different wrapper. If all the "i would vote 3rd party but" people DID vote 3rd party it might make a damn.


P.S. almost 29 years old and not even registered (notice i also don't whinefest in the threads either so the "you can't complain" doesn't apply)

edit: I feel like i should explain why: I was 17 when I graduated so I never registered when everyone else usually does, and after that, I've never put in the effort or time to really research the candidates myself, and I refuse to vote for people I don't feel that I know the real story behind, so I just don't vote. How many people out there are just as lazy about it as me or upton, but just go vote a straight ticket for their party without even knowing half the names on it. That is even worse than not voting in my opinion.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #47
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Guess who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
You guys can't tell upton that "if all the michael uptons voted it would matter" and in the same thread say **** like "i'd vote 3rd party but that is throwing away my vote so i vote for the lesser of two evils". That is the same **** in a different wrapper. If all the "i would vote 3rd party but" people DID vote 3rd party it might make a damn.
Ding ding ding ding!
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Greywolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Nevada
Posts: 67
Re: Guess who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
You guys can't tell upton that "if all the michael uptons voted it would matter" and in the same thread say **** like "i'd vote 3rd party but that is throwing away my vote so i vote for the lesser of two evils". That is the same **** in a different wrapper. If all the "i would vote 3rd party but" people DID vote 3rd party it might make a damn.
Point out exactly where I said that then. Go ahead, I'll wait....
__________________
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #49
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Guess who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Point out exactly where I said that then. Go ahead, I'll wait....
I don't think he ever quoted you.... unless I missed something.... I'm sure that was more aimed at DarkShadow... but I am sure thawill will chime in soon.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Guess who I am

Well, I "wasted my vote" by voting for a 3rd party candidate last election (actually multiple 3rd party candidates for different offices). So when everything goes to **** I can at least say it wasn't my fault.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:26 AM   #51
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 16
Re: Guess who I am

i liked Bill clinton, so what if he was getting his junk sucked under a desk "who doesn't like it getting there junk sucked" i think he has been one of the best presidents we have had. The USA was no were near as bad as it is now everyone had a job and times were good from here on out its going to just get harder and harder the rich are going to be the only ones that are going to be able to do anything while the middle class and the poor class have to scrap by with everything they have.
1995procharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #52
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 841
Send a message via MSN to 19Delta
Re: Guess who I am

People just don't care anymore about elections. I guess they'll start paying attention now that the country is a giant ****hole. All politicians are pieces of ****, not just obama or dubye.
19Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Guess who I am

One thing that bothers me a lot about politicians is how detached they are from the fast-paced world we live in, most of them are older guys who probably can't even figure out how to send email. Do they really think todays 20-30 somethings give a **** about half the "issues" they talk about. Most of them aren't even issues to people under 50. You know, the people that have to live with the choices they make.

What is it Moore's Law says, something about computer technology doubling every 18 months? Half the senators probably remember when they got a color tv.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:28 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
OsirisGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 1,262
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: Guess who I am

It's funny because I went to go read the new posts in this thread just as I turned on Penn & Teller: Bull****: Taxes.

To be quick to the point this country was founded with the notion of "No taxation with out representation", however you can expand taxation to anything you want. The reason why you vote is not to keep the other guy out or because you don't like the current politician. It's not because of who the media was biased for or against. Voting is supposed to represent what you want to see for the country. Now depending on opinion (so if I can have some exception to the general idea) voting for democrat or republican is saying (IMO) that the country is going just fine and we shouldn't change anything. The only difference between the two parties are the methods they use to get there. Their approaches may differ but the cause and the result will be the same and that is to please their special interest groups. Voting for the extreme of these parties may mean that you want to see a final change and the actions to get there different. To me third party is saying "I want something different. The current government does not work, or work efficiently".

By not voting you are not saying anything. If the government wants to take more money then let them, if they want to redistribute the country's wealth that is their business even though I worked for it and it was taken from me. If the government wants to keep supporting and being supported by government why should it bother me? If they want to make military service mandatory then I am fine with that. While it is your right to vote it is also your right to say what should be done in this country. Maybe single Micheal Upton thinks he has no say but the reality is he does. In a big election such as presidency it is hard to have a voice. But in smaller elections, that is where it matters. Presidency is voting for the nation's representation and head of our military. Who do you want to take on that role.

As for saying one vote does not change anything, marginal victories are uncommon but they have changed the face of the earth. The republican and democrats haven't been around since the nation was founded there were plenty of other parties that won the presidency before but they too became corrupt and/or the people became fed up and voted for a new direction.

If you think the outcome will be fine either way in an election then don't vote, if you like "both" candidates then there isn't much reason to vote. When you say that you don't vote because your vote doesn't matter or you just didn't like one of the two candidates or you weren't informed enough then don't complain about issues. Your opinion means nothing to me now. Now if you were misinformed or just happen to neglect their stances I can see some exception. Perhaps the only thing you really care about is government spending so you vote or don't vote because of that, then I will take your ideas about spending seriously. When you say "my vote won't matter so I didn't vote" I question your beliefs about our nation and your opinions.

Now I'm trying to explain myself better then it's coming out so I'm sorry if it sounds a little harsh and if I repeated myself. Some ideas may seem vague but that is only because I was trying to keep it short. If anyone would like I will get deeper into my opinions but we all know I like to ramble and I go on and on with things. Like now.

/minor rant, moment/influence of other means.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicMist View Post
OsirisGuy is correct
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Guess who I am

It doesn't bother me at all that you feel that way, I don't research politicians so I don't vote. I could, but I don't. However, you won't find any threads with me complaining about a single issue ever. I might give someone my opinion, but I never whine and cry about it, or I'd start voting.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Greywolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Nevada
Posts: 67
Re: Guess who I am

And I'll respect that. That was the point of my entire argument. You can't whine if you don't vote.
__________________
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
OsirisGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 1,262
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: Guess who I am

I didn't really mean to single anyone out, I was just saying. ThaWill I don't think I've seen you post anything political so like I said it wasn't a response to you or anyone in particular, it was just a response to the end of the thread after listening to some political mumbo jumbo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicMist View Post
OsirisGuy is correct
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Guess who I am

And no one bothered to look at my point of view because "OMG I VOTED THIRD PARTY AND HE JUST SAID I WASTED MY VOTEOMGOMGOMGOMG!!"

So I will repeat what I said earlier and try to pay attention this time. The way I look at is yes, often a third party candidate is a better option, however, his chances, as unfortunate as this is, are slim of getting elected. When you know an election is going to be close, and your biggest bet at a winner is between someone you KNOW you don't want, and someone you aren't thrilled with but would rather have, you place your vote with the strongest competitor of the person you KNOW you don't want.

Ron Paul was a viable option, with SOME of his policy, but some of his ideas were way off the wall for my taste, I for one was not satisfied with him or McCain, but I knew McCain would have the better chance of beating Obama the person I KNEW I didn't want, so that is who I voted for.

You can say all you want that voting shouldn't be about picking a lesser of two evils, but it doesnt make a difference if it's a choice between 2 evils or 10. Unless it's a family member or something, you will never find a candidate that you agree with 100%, you pick the one that is closest or that will beat someone that is of your complete opposite in policy.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #59
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Guess who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
And no one bothered to look at my point of view because "OMG I VOTED THIRD PARTY AND HE JUST SAID I WASTED MY VOTEOMGOMGOMGOMG!!"

So I will repeat what I said earlier and try to pay attention this time. The way I look at is yes, often a third party candidate is a better option, however, his chances, as unfortunate as this is, are slim of getting elected. When you know an election is going to be close, and your biggest bet at a winner is between someone you KNOW you don't want, and someone you aren't thrilled with but would rather have, you place your vote with the strongest competitor of the person you KNOW you don't want.

Ron Paul was a viable option, with SOME of his policy, but some of his ideas were way off the wall for my taste, I for one was not satisfied with him or McCain, but I knew McCain would have the better chance of beating Obama the person I KNEW I didn't want, so that is who I voted for.

You can say all you want that voting shouldn't be about picking a lesser of two evils, but it doesnt make a difference if it's a choice between 2 evils or 10. Unless it's a family member or something, you will never find a candidate that you agree with 100%, you pick the one that is closest or that will beat someone that is of your complete opposite in policy.
Ron Paul wasn't on the 2008 election ballot. Who did you vote for in the primaries?

And it still stands. Voting for a Republican does no good. The party is corrupt and doesn't actually stand for much of anything conservative anymore.

And your one vote for McCain put him exactly 9,522,083 votes closer to getting elected rather than 9,522,084. Congrats for picking the guy that had a shot......

and that is just the population vote. If you voted in Alabama you weren't worried about him winning the state so that just invalidates your point even more.

If you want to change ****, stop voting for the ****ing Republicans or Democrats. Period.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Guess who I am

My point isn't really related to party politics infighting in any way. My point is that "I vote for the guy that at least has a chance" is the same exact thing as saying "my vote doesn't count" You are saying you didn't vote for the guy you thought was the best for no reason other than you didn't think your vote would change his chances, and you end up just voting AGAINST a guy instead of FOR a guy. We'd be better off if people didn't do that. If people that just voted "against" the guy they hated turned around and voted FOR an independent, the independent guys might get a respectable tally. If they get a respectable tally, more people might say "hey maybe the third party isn't a wasted vote" and not be afraid to vote non-bipartisan next election.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guess what I saw? MarkuzLS1 The Bar 11 07-25-2006 10:49 AM
Guess what I saw Ponycarman The Bar 6 04-07-2004 01:34 AM
Guess What I just did!!! Shahrum Mustang Audio & Video 7 03-22-2004 09:44 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:37 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.