Ford supports Gays and Gay Marriage????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Ford supports Gays and Gay Marriage?????

I just got an email forwarded to me by my brother from the AFA or American Family Assoc. saying that Ford is a big supporter of Gays, their lifestyle, and Gay Marriages, if this is true I find that very disturbing!!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

American Family Association <afapetition@afa.net>
wrote:
> From American Family Association Mon May 30 19:30:00
> 2005
There is a link to their article.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Oh boy

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005, 04:05 PM   #4

why the hell would ford come out and say they support any type of group that is definately a bogus email there is no reason for them to announce that. unless gays are the leading market buyers.... i think not
Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
yeah im just staying out of this.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:12 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well, personally I hope it is bogus, I would hate to think I have been supporting a company for the last 35 years almost that is supporting that kind of lifestyle.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
Well, personally I hope it is bogus, I would hate to think I have been supporting a company for the last 35 years almost that is supporting that kind of lifestyle.
+1

well except for the 35yrs part. i am personally against this lifestyle. maybe i am old-fashioned when it comes to this but i am a firm beleiver that marraige is supposed to be man and woman, its just the way i feel.

i would be very disappointed in ford if this is true. i already dont shop at target, dont make me trade in the stang for a camaro.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:19 PM   #8
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
+1

well except for the 35yrs part. i am personally against this lifestyle. maybe i am old-fashioned when it comes to this but i am a firm beleiver that marraige is supposed to be man and woman, its just the way i feel.

i would be very disappointed in ford if this is true. i already dont shop at target, dont make me trade in the stang for a camaro.
That's insane that you would do that just because they support Gay Marriage. I have my views and they are strong. I don't have a problem with Civil Unions. If gays want the same rights as Heterosexuals then give it to them in Civil Unions. They would get these rights easier if they werent so GODDAMNED picky about what the word was that described their union. They don't want it to be called Civil Union, they want it to be called a Marriage.... even though Marriage is a religous term.

I believe a marriage is between a man and a women and if gays want = rights they can have them in the form of a Civil Union.

But I AM NOT selling my car for a Chebby just because Ford supports Gays. I am quite sure there are some people in the Chebby leadership that support gays too.

Reddit
Old 05-31-2005, 04:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i wouldnt go that far. i was giving an exaggeration example as to how angered i would be at ford for this.

maybe i should have put a or a j/k at the end of that line.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
That's insane that you would do that just because they support Gay Marriage. I have my views and they are strong. I don't have a problem with Civil Unions. If gays want the same rights as Heterosexuals then give it to them in Civil Unions. They would get these rights easier if they werent so GODDAMNED picky about what the word was that described their union. They don't want it to be called Civil Union, they want it to be called a Marriage.... even though Marriage is a religous term.

I believe a marriage is between a man and a women and if gays want = rights they can have them in the form of a Civil Union.

But I AM NOT selling my car for a Chebby just because Ford supports Gays. I am quite sure there are some people in the Chebby leadership that support gays too.
i agree with this man. except i dont see a proble with them getting "married", i guess that because you guys see that as an offense to your religious beliefs which i respect.
Whats wrong with supporting gays? They are human just like us. Their is nothing wrong with there lifestyle, this is America, you can choose who you want to **** and who you dont want to ****. There is nothing wrong with supporting gays. Sure i admit i think its pretty ****ing nasty to **** a guy, but hey im not the one doing it so it does not matter if i think what they are doing in private, with consent from their partner; its none of my ****ing business.
Seriously to boycott a company simply because they support gays is both, stupid and gay.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:30 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
hmm time to start lookin for a chebby maro or canned ham
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

i dont support gay marriage . if they wanna get joined in a civil union, then whatever. but dont call it marriage. that is where i get offended, like i said, its just what i believe and its the way i feel. for the most part i am open-minded and will not shut someone out b/c they are gay. if i dont like someone, its b/c they are an *******. i just get offended when they want to be "married" instead of joined in a civil union. like brent said they are just too picky. essentially its the same thing just with a different name. but the term "marriage" to me means "the joining of a man and woman" in its most basic term.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:38 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
is this fords way of coming out of the closet?

eh i dont care what they support, as long as they make badass cars thats all that matters.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:48 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
*zips mouth*
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
*zips mouth*
:yup:
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:08 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

I could careless, my uncle is gay and I have a few gay friends. It's just how people are and it's been that way for years n years n years dating back way back when. The same goes for different religions when I say this, Do what you want and I don't mind, but if you start forcing things on people then I got issues.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:25 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Holy ****!! A Gay thread!!!Why!?? Why!!??...I am still traumatized from the last one

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:27 PM   #18
Regular

^

Reddit
Old 05-31-2005, 08:33 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
*sigh* this is gonna turn into one of those big religious threads, lol.... the only thing people get so offended over is the Bible's definition of marriage, which is what leads to our legal definition of marriage. However, the Bible states thou shalt not kill, and yet there are states that kill inmates at the drop of a hat... legal executions... so we only follow Biblical law when it most benefits us... and our queeziness about gays and '****' makes us say "the Bible says that isn't right".... personally, I could care less... so what if Ford does support gays, not like they're giving them millions of dollars for their cause.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:38 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
^that's especially true when you consider that the bible has been rewritten so many times that no one knows what it originally said any more
Old 05-31-2005, 08:45 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
*sigh* this is gonna turn into one of those big religious threads, lol.... the only thing people get so offended over is the Bible's definition of marriage, which is what leads to our legal definition of marriage. However, the Bible states thou shalt not kill, and yet there are states that kill inmates at the drop of a hat... legal executions... so we only follow Biblical law when it most benefits us... and our queeziness about gays and '****' makes us say "the Bible says that isn't right".... personally, I could care less... so what if Ford does support gays, not like they're giving them millions of dollars for their cause.
The bible states though shalt not kill, and the penalty for killing someone is death. All right there in the Bible. I'll fight the Bible cause if ppl start bashing it. Read it for exactly what it says, and don't go into it being translated so many times. I can start stating facts and get you a nice little graph on here in the morning if you want.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:47 PM   #22
Regular

Marriage is defined as between a man and a women and it has been like that since the beginning of this country. It is something that I hold dear and it is NOT because of a religous belief. It is something that simply DOES NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED to allow gays the same rights as a heterosexual.

Reddit
Old 05-31-2005, 08:47 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
there is a penalty for death more than just for killing someone ......... plus, the Bible teaches forgiveness.... but also an eye for an eye. Which way you gonna go? Be kind to thy neighbor, but if they kick your dog, you can kick them... but make sure you make sure they know you're forgiving them when you kick them.
I'm not Bible-bashing... just some interesting things

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 05-31-2005, 08:48 PM   #24
Regular

Dont turn this into a religion thread.

You can not debate religion because it isnt based on fact, its based on faith so just dont try.....

Reddit
Old 05-31-2005, 08:49 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Marriage is defined as between a man and a women and it has been like that since the beginning of this country. It is something that I hold dear and it is NOT because of a religous belief. It is something that simply DOES NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED to allow gays the same rights as a heterosexual.
yes, because our country was formed before the Bible
sorry, not to be mean, but we get a lot of our laws from the Bible, and that IS one of them.... because legally, you have the right to be free, and do what you want, until it infringes on rights of others... what infringement is being done by two guys getting married?... it seems as long as you're not a ***, you have complete legal freedom

Old 05-31-2005, 08:51 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wasn't trying to turn it into a religious debate... just stating where it came from, and how silly we are for following it so blindly

Old 05-31-2005, 08:52 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
:hippy: :pnoid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

You know why we get "a lot of our laws from the Bible"? Because this country was founded on the Bible and to stand behind the principles of the Bible. Yes you have the right to be free and do whatever you wanna do...within limits. You can't just go out and kill someone, there's laws against that. You can't decide the law says you can marry Steve....cuz it doesn't. Laws in this country state a marriage is between a man and woman, and it should stay that way. I don't care what ppl do with each other on their own time, but let's not violate the sacredness of marriage by opening it to every couple that wants it.
Our's:
Old 05-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #29
Regular

Quote:
yes, because our country was formed before the Bible
sorry, not to be mean, but we get a lot of our laws from the Bible, and that IS one of them.... because legally, you have the right to be free, and do what you want, until it infringes on rights of others... what infringement is being done by two guys getting married?... it seems as long as you're not a ***, you have complete legal freedom

uh what the hell?
Quote:
It is something that I hold dear and it is NOT because of a religous belief.
Re-read that and then roll your eyes at yourself for totally missing what I said.

Reddit
Old 05-31-2005, 08:54 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
what infringement is being done by two guys getting married?... it seems as long as you're not a ***, you have complete legal freedom
The infringement is on my rights as a US citizen.
Our's:
Old 05-31-2005, 08:54 PM   #31
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
:hippy: :pnoid:
I'm trying to keep the peace! But beaner keeps mis reading my posts

Reddit
Old 05-31-2005, 09:01 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

sorry.... also, I don't feel it's an infringement on your rights if two guys are makin' 'it' in private. They do it already. I'm not gonna argue this any more, because it's a never ending debate. I'm sure a very similar debate happened when this country was deciding whether women.... or blacks really deserved equal rights. It's only a matter of time until gays have civil unions... no matter how hard you fight. This is my last post on this issue, as I don't want to spend my night arguing this never ending point, when I know how it'll end.

Old 05-31-2005, 09:03 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

i see where you are coming from jimmy, but we feel this way for a reason. i am not against gays joining together in a "civil union", i am against them calling it a "marriage". i feel this way b/c of my personal standing as well as relgious beliefs. i feel that marriage is a man and woman.

Webster's defines marriage as "wedlock; wedding; ANY close union."
however, they define "marry" as "join as husband and wife; wed; join closely.
i guess webster's is trying to straddle both sides of the issue.

on a less serious note, maybe y'all can click the wonderful links google has added to get all of your answers.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:05 PM   #34
Regular

^ lol google owns

Reddit
Old 05-31-2005, 09:30 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Just a wild guess, but then again I have heard of similar things, usually when a company comes out in support of this type of thing, they might well have a high ranking executive who is "gay". Really I don't care if the whole assembly line and the board of directors at Ford are gay, I still like Mustangs. I do however stand with the guys here who say marriage should stay a union between a man and a woman only.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar