Another reason living in Cali sux - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Another reason living in Cali sux

Year of drought and now rain causing land slides along with earthquakes, possibilities of Tsunami's, Faults, reformulated gas, crazy lunatic liberals and tree huggers.

Cali Blows!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158279,00.html

Old 06-01-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Year of drought and now rain causing land slides along with earthquakes, possibilities of Tsunami's, Faults, reformulated gas, crazy lunatic liberals and tree huggers.

Cali Blows!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158279,00.html
Yeah, it sucks, but I call it home

****, only a couple weeks ago I was having dinner with Marcus Chong He happens to be dating one of my GF's friends.

And before you ask "Who the hell is Marcus Chong?" He played "Tank" on "The Matrix"
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Yeah, it sucks, but I call it home

****, only a couple weeks ago I was having dinner with Marcus Chong He happens to be dating one of my GF's friends.

And before you ask "Who the hell is Marcus Chong?" He played "Tank" on "The Matrix"
Is he the son of Thomas Chong of Cheech and Chong fame!!!!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
Road Trip!

What part of Cali Rellik? I was born and raised in Santa maria
ComputerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Yup, thats the one

Very talkitive that one, but at least he could hold up his end of a conversation

ComputerGuy,

I was born in Anahiem, raised in Chino Hills till I was 9, then moved to Lake Mathews (Riverside county).
Old 06-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
I live in Granada Hills, I saw this story on the news.. I was like "NOW WHAT?"

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
the people's republic of kaliforniastan has the worst gun laws ever!

hey guys, it's wrong for law abaiding citizens to own guns that hold more then 10 rounds - despite the fact that almost all gun violence is caused with illegally owned firearms, and many of these crimes are committed by illegal aliens. but that doesn't matter! lets ban threaded barrells, pistol grips, bayonet lugs, and any gun that looks too scary! if the citizens don't allow us to strip them of their God given rights, we'll toss them in jail for about 10 years. that'll show em'!
Old 06-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

If you cant stop someone from killing you in less than 10 bullets, you're either blind, stupid, or simpily have never shot a gun before in your life.

Guns are defensive weapons.

Guns dont kill people. People kill people.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Guns are defensive weapons.
not all guns are weapons. in fact, most aren't.

it's not a weapon unless it has been used to shoot someone, or it was made to shoot someone. only one of my guns is a weapon - my 1944 nagant. the rest are sporting arms.

too many people are too quick to lable guns as weapons intended only for killing...
Old 06-01-2005, 05:58 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
not all guns are weapons. in fact, most aren't.
Bull****. Crinimal code Clearly defines firearms as:

"firearm" means a barrelled weapon from which any shot, bullet or other projectile can be discharged and that is capable of causing serious bodily injury or death to a person, and includes any frame or receiver of such a barrelled weapon and anything that can be adapted for use as a firearm;

Quote:
it's not a weapon unless it has been used to shoot someone, or it was made to shoot someone.
The hell it isnt. You can say the same thing about a sword. Is a 12" knife a weapon? Uhhh yes

Armed robery. Were the guns used to kill someone? NO. Then why is it armed robery with a deadly weapon? Hmm... maybe because a gun is a deadly weapon!

Quote:
only one of my guns is a weapon - my 1944 nagant. the rest are sporting arms.
Thats perfectly fine... but in the eyes of Federal Law, sporting or not, a firearm is a weapon. Period.

Quote:
too many people are too quick to lable guns as weapons intended only for killing...
Guns are weapons. Federal definition.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bull****.
ah, profanity. the best way to begin a convincing argument.

Quote:
Crinimal code Clearly defines firearms as:

"firearm" means a barrelled weapon from which any shot, bullet or other projectile can be discharged and that is capable of causing serious bodily injury or death to a person, and includes any frame or receiver of such a barrelled weapon and anything that can be adapted for use as a firearm;
i'm not reading that entire link. post the part from it where it states that all firearms are weapons.

using the same logic as the definition you just posted, everything is a weapon from a cannon all the way down to the can of soda i'm drinking.

Quote:
The hell it isnt. You can say the same thing about a sword.
yes i can and i will.

Quote:
Is a 12" knife a weapon? Uhhh yes
only when it's used as such. i've used many knives that were 12" or longer that weren't weapons. they were quite useful for chopping vegitables and performing a variety of tasks involving food and other things.

Quote:
Armed robery. Were the guns used to kill someone? NO.
in many cases, yes.

Quote:
Then why is it armed robery with a deadly weapon? Hmm... maybe because a gun is a deadly weapon!
see above. when there is an intent or a threat of using something to harm someone, then it is a weapon. if i take a candy cane, and crazily wave it around in front of someone while threatening to stab them with it, one can assume that it's a weapon.

Quote:
Thats perfectly fine... but in the eyes of Federal Law, sporting or not, a firearm is a weapon. Period.
i'm still trying to figure out how something that's not intended or hasn't been used to hurt someone is a weapon.

Quote:
Guns are weapons. Federal definition.
i already went over that definition you posted. if you take that definition to heart, then you must believe that your keyboard, your car, your tv, and everything else must be a deadly weapon. notice how that defination focuses on something as being "capable of causing serious bodily injury or death to a person"? name one thing that couldn't be used to cause injury or death.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
ntopic: :lame: :bs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
ah, profanity. the best way to begin a convincing argument.

i'm not reading that entire link. post the part from it where it states that all firearms are weapons.

using the same logic as the definition you just posted, everything is a weapon from a cannon all the way down to the can of soda i'm drinking.

yes i can and i will.

only when it's used as such. i've used many knives that were 12" or longer that weren't weapons. they were quite useful for chopping vegitables and performing a variety of tasks involving food and other things.

in many cases, yes.

see above. when there is an intent or a threat of using something to harm someone, then it is a weapon. if i take a candy cane, and crazily wave it around in front of someone while threatening to stab them with it, one can assume that it's a weapon.

i'm still trying to figure out how something that's not intended or hasn't been used to hurt someone is a weapon.

i already went over that definition you posted. if you take that definition to heart, then you must believe that your keyboard, your car, your tv, and everything else must be a deadly weapon. notice how that defination focuses on something as being "capable of causing serious bodily injury or death to a person"? name one thing that couldn't be used to cause injury or death.
00vertstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vertstang
ntopic: :lame: :bs:
the topic on hand is why "living in cali sux"

do you have anything useful to contribute or are you just going to clutter this thread with smilies?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

This is not about guns!!! YOU HIJACKING BASTARDS!!! This is about Cali. It was suppose to be fun. I dont hate Cali nor the friends I have there. It is one of the greatest places ansd one of the worse.I am aleways telling Evin to leave and move to far away to prevent from going down when Cali slides into the ocean and Arizona has beach front property

Damn you guys be decent or BROTHER COREY WILL COME IN HERE AND FIX IT BY GOD
Old 06-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is not about guns!!! YOU HIJACKING BASTARDS!!!
my bad, i get very passionate when it comes to arguments about firearms.

sorry for jumping on you 00vertstang. i just took the "lame" and "bs" smilies as personal attacks when they probably weren't.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
personally, firearms are boring. Hunting sucks.... waiting for the dang deer to decide to walk in front of you in -10 degree weather BLOWS. I sat in a tree stand for 5 hours.... all I saw was a squirrel that wanted something from me... and my brother. I ended up freezing my nuts off, and deciding I NEVER want to hunt again. Target practice is fun for me some times.... I like bow and arrow target practice though. In any occassion, you can't say Cali sucks.... HOTTIES EVERYWHERE.... much like at the University of Iowa

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
personally, firearms are boring. Hunting sucks.... waiting for the dang deer to decide to walk in front of you in -10 degree weather BLOWS. I sat in a tree stand for 5 hours.... all I saw was a squirrel that wanted something from me... and my brother. I ended up freezing my nuts off, and deciding I NEVER want to hunt again.
i never got bored with hunting, but i stopped doing it because i felt terrible every time i killed an animal.

but if you're ever in san antonio, come to one of the lonestarstangs shooting meets. those are a lot of fun!

oh, and keeping on topic, yes... hot chicks rock
Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
personally, firearms are boring. Hunting sucks.... waiting for the dang deer to decide to walk in front of you in -10 degree weather BLOWS. I sat in a tree stand for 5 hours.... all I saw was a squirrel that wanted something from me... and my brother. I ended up freezing my nuts off, and deciding I NEVER want to hunt again. Target practice is fun for me some times.... I like bow and arrow target practice though. In any occassion, you can't say Cali sucks.... HOTTIES EVERYWHERE.... much like at the University of Iowa
Hm....every time I've gone hunting the past few years I've brought back meat...go figure lol. Learn to hunt in good spots.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 11:20 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

I like guns I was a firearms dealer I enjoy hunting and plinking. Guns are not the problem in this country it is the liberal courts that allow murders back into the population to kill and kill again. We dont blame the automobile for killing people when a drunk is driving so why do we blame the gun when it is the murders pulling the trigger.

if everyone was decent this would not even be a issue
Old 06-02-2005, 12:25 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Remember that game Crossfire? You'd have these little steel BB's that you'd shoot at this weird object and you tried shooting it into the other guy's net before it was shot into your net.

I was thinking of the theme song today. Crossfire... you'll get caught up in the! Crossfire!

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:55 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Cali

I was stationed at camp pendleton and eventually moved up to the Paso Robles area. I loved both places and never had a problem with the weather. Except that earthquake that scared the crap out of me. But anyway, I live in Jersey now and can't wait to move back. As long as you stay away from LA and surrounding area you'll be fine.
saleen0027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:47 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Hm....every time I've gone hunting the past few years I've brought back meat...go figure lol. Learn to hunt in good spots.
well yeah, but you're used to bringing back meat (take that however you want.... )........ on a more serious note, my buddy shot a 14 point buck there the day after I went.... and 2 days after that, got a huge doe. So I was in the right spot, just not the right day I guess. 4 ran by my brother and he didn't even fire once.... I always told them they'll know when I see one, 'cause I'm shootin'.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Since Correy is right and hijacking the thread is not what this firearms debate is about...

Lets take this outside...
Are Guns (Firearms) Weapons?
Old 02-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #24

Re: Another reason living in Cali sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
no, he isn't, actually.
flower_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Yup, thats the one
wrong.

Quote:
Very talkitive that one, but at least he could hold up his end of a conversation
on and on and on and on...
Old 02-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #26
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Please don't bring up threads from 3 years ago...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Please don't bring up threads from 3 years ago...
he was dating her 3 years ago?!?!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower_child View Post
he was dating her 3 years ago?!?!
Read the date on this thread...06-2005...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar