woot, exhaust tips ordered - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:26 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
woot, exhaust tips ordered

I ordered some 3.5" diameter exhaust tips today... for my new exhaust set-up when I get it all fixed. Their Magnaflow.... 3.5" diamater (again)... 18" long.. and 15 degree angle cut, rolled tip, Stainless Steel BEAUTIES........ also $60 each installed.

For those looking for a link: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=709

it says almost $63 unshipped on their site.... so I guess $60 installed is an ok price

For those looking for a pic:

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
plus, my mufflers are Magnaflow, and now so are my tips, so my exhaust system matches as if I cared

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 06-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
now THAT will fix the rear sound

get that shiznit installed
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 10:00 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-
speaking of rear end noise; I think my muffler bearings are shot, they are really loud
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ya' know... I think those really will help out a lot of the exhaust noises I was hearing before... lol, not that they were bad... just this should make them be jaw-dropping almost... also, I'm bidding on a set of rims, they close tomorrow, and if I get those, we'll see if I've cured the whine/squeek noise problem.... hopefully I do. You are about to see a car transform into "hot". New rims/tires.... GT rear bumper.... those hot tips stickin' out..... oh yes, here she comes... still a she until I go with some engine mods, or forced induction.... when the car can make your nuts move to your stomach... that's when you know it's no longer a she.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

also, I still think it's something in the front end........ second, it was the rear axle bearings that went out of my 7.5" rear end.... not the gearing, like ****** at Ford dealership said....... as my buddy, who rebuilds them all day at work...... told me it wasn't the gears... it was the axle bearings........ thirdly, I can't get the exhaust on until they have an open day AND I have my new GT bumper painted... which probably won't be until I get my new rims in. It's gonna be a busy busy couple weeks for my car. Maybe my buddy won't make me pay up front, and he'll paint my bumper, and I can get that on here really soon. Also, the exhaust work will be done in like 2 weeks and 2 days or 4 days, I'm not sure yet... but that's how far my car is from lookin' almost new again.... but hot. It still has some scratches from the fence I slide into...... but it isn't HORRIBLE.... and maybe I can 'touch it up' *cringes*.... later. Maybe I should just get my entire car repainted next summer. Hand my friend $1000 and say "I want it silver, HIGH metallic.... dark silver flames going to the backs of the doors.... and blue metallic tips"... and let him repaint the entire car.... maybe some body filler around the hood scoop so it looks like it's part of the hood originally ... I could do a write-up on how to install a hood scoop, if I had pics... I may do one on how to install a rear bumper cover...... if I had pics.. stupid not having a digital camera. Oh well... maybe my gf will be here then, and let me borrow her's.

Old 06-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
yet another reason I run dumps, $60/each for a piece of chromed pipe? ridiculous!
Old 06-02-2005, 03:20 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-
my tailpipes were 60/ea with polished tips

got my louvers installed now to, hopefully Ill find a 71-73 mach1 spoiler at carlisle and Ill beable to mount that aswell, had the lx spoiler off yesterday and the hatch is flat enough to mount the mach1 spoiler on there..just 12 holes to fill which is retarded. some ford engineer got paid alot of money to stuff 12 fkin bolts into that spoiler to hold it down
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
you will probably see where they are welded on to the exhaust, my 20 inch tips also show a little but at least they are not chrome.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:40 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
OH if you have a GT bumper your set, else those 3.5s will look far to big.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:17 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

I DO happen to have a GT rear bumper.... that is getting painted ...
I was running 3.5" exhaust before.... but these will be hot. Also, I would've paid more... not that much more, but I saw them, and I was like :O :O :O ... I want. And now I will have.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:38 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Those should look real good on there man.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
exhaust