Well it happened... tint ticket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Well it happened... tint ticket

Got a ticket today for the tint. OK, I understand having illegal tint, but this whole situation sucks.

I have 15% tint on my car. On the way back to work from lunch, I got pulled over. Mind you, I had my windows ALL THE WAY down, save for maybe 2 inches. No visibility problems seeing into the car. I'm waiting at a redlight, a cop comes through from the opposite side. I see him pull a U turn (illegally, I might add) in my rear view, and then he gets behind me. No big deal I think.

Well, he follows me for a while. I mean like 5 minutes of neighborhood driving, including stop signs and several turns. I just try to ignore him and keep it pegged at 30, no more. Stop for the full 3 seconds. I wasn't going to give him a reason to pull me over.

So, about 10 minutes later, after following me halfway across the city, he cuts the lights on. I pull onto a side road and into a parking lot which butts against a building. He of course doesn't do the logical thing and park behind me (there was room) but stays with his car's *** hanging in the street, impeding traffic. I think, what a tard, but no big deal. Then, two other cars pull up. One on each side of me. I mean, like I couldn't open my doors if I wanted to. I'm thinking what the ****, I'm not a drug dealer! Neither of them get out the whole time.

So the original cop gets out, asks me to roll the window up some so he can see the tint. "I don't think it's too dark, but let me get my tint meter and check." I can tell from the tone in his voice he thinks it's too dark. Lying bastard. So he gets it, and it comes back as 15%. I get the fix it ticket.

Now, I'd be ok with a regular traffic stop. But he followed me across town, and had 2 other units there, and then told me he didn't think it was too dark when he obviously did. That pissed me off. I know he could see me in the car. I know he knew I was a white, teenage male who liked his car. I would bet my life that if I had been black or in a stock car, he'd have never pulled me over. I say this because I see several cars every day, and have seen for the past 4 or 5 years, that have blackout limo tint on the windows. I mean 3 layers of 5% tint. On a lime green Chevy Tahoe. They are black. I know them. They get pulled over a lot. Never get a ticket. That is some bull****.

Then, before he leaves, he tells me he wouldn't have pulled me over if it hadn't been for my tag frame. This is me -> 2:

He says he couldn't see the year expiration on my tag. I know you can see the top half of the digits from a car behind me. I know the year stickers are color coded. So does he. Once again, that pissed me off. He wouldn't have pulled me over if it hadn't been for that? 2: Well, does that mean that my tint is not a legitimate problem? If I hadn't had a tag frame, would he have pulled me over? It's just gay.

Before I post, I'll clarify that I was nice to the cop the whole time, and he was generally cordial as well.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #2
Road Trip!

OUCH. 140.00 to get the tint removed and new 35% installed, then the court costs of 110.00 on average.

Bama Cops are 'TARDS about the tint thing right now for some reason. You are the 5th now that I know of in this last month.

They must be losing the "Click-it-or-Ticket" battle.
ComputerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

happened to me too. 15% all around and had to get the side windows removed and retinted with 35%.

but it does suck, you know most of the time they just see a young guy in a sporty car and that is meaning enough for prickish cops to look for any reason to ticket you. i know this from experience, i have been profiled on three seperate occasions for bull****. (tint--the suv in front of me had the same tint as me and the cop waved her on by; "speeding"--the ticket just said speeding, no speed zone, no clocked speed, and no other documentation; and running a red light--the light turned caution as i went under it and that was enough)

for some reason some cops here just dont like to see young people in new cars, or they must not like bright colors apparently.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
for some reason some cops here just dont like to see young people in new cars, or they must not like bright colors apparently.
I was pulled over here a couple years ago in my GT. It was 130 am and I was on my way home down coursey. It was a 45 zone and I was doing 50. I pulled into a bank lot on sherwood instead of staying on the street. He gave me the spot light (I had 15% in the back, and 50% in the front since that was the legal limit). Got out of his car with his gun drawn. Did the whole "put your hands out the window. Get out of the car. Turn around." mumbo jumbo. I got the ticket which was thrown out mind you. I wasn't very cordial at all. I asked him which profile he was using to determine whether to pull me over or not. He didn't like that. He also didn't like when I told him he was just jealous that a 24 year old was driving a nicer car than he could afford and that I made more than him.

Oh well, I just don't like cops. No offense to anyone who is an officer. I have just had way too many bad apples in my past.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to blownsix
ok i was going to get 15% done this weekend now i might just go with 20 lol. The tag thing is so much BS

Performance: Vortech V1, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac O/R H pipe, 80MM Lightning MAF, GT Take offs Tuned By Doug at Bamachips, 4.10s

Interior: Autometer Phantom gauges Boost, Water Temp, A/F, Dual pillar gauge Pod, Gagueg Bezel,
Styling: Mach 1 Grill Delete Kit, GT hood scoop, Smoked Headlight and Taillight blackouts, taillight sequencers kit
blownsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Oh well, I just don't like cops. No offense to anyone who is an officer. I have just had way too many bad apples in my past.
i'm the same way. i realize that they are here to protect and serve but when they try to make my day miserable, then thats when i dont like it.

i will admit, a couple of the violations i deserved, but not all. i deserved one speeding ticket and when i got into a fender bender, failure to maintain control. but not the tint, speeding, and running under caution.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGuy
OUCH. 140.00 to get the tint removed and new 35% installed, then the court costs of 110.00 on average.

Bama Cops are 'TARDS about the tint thing right now for some reason. You are the 5th now that I know of in this last month.

They must be losing the "Click-it-or-Ticket" battle.
**** court. I'm not going for this ****. People get killed here, and the cops can't ****ing figure out who did it, but OMG if I have tint that isn't as dark as the pigs tint, then I'm ****ed!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
**** court. I'm not going for this ****. People get killed here, and the cops can't ****ing figure out who did it, but OMG if I have tint that isn't as dark as the pigs tint, then I'm ****ed!
thats why i wish sometimes they would let little **** like that go. there are much much much much more serious things to worry about than that.

but like i stated before, i feel pretty confident saying that the fact that you are young and driving a mustang is one of the reasons you were givin that ticket.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

makes me reconcider getting my tints too dark lol
The Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:55 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
but like i stated before, i feel pretty confident saying that the fact that you are young and driving a mustang is one of the reasons you were givin that ticket.
One of the only drawbacks to modding a car is that it makes the cops look at you like a dog looks at some chicken that just fell on the floor.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
One of the only drawbacks to modding a car is that it makes the cops look at you like a dog looks at some chicken that just fell on the floor.
They don't give me a second look anymore since I had to do through one of thier checkpoints. 44 Year old guy with beard who challenged them on the legalities of thier checkpoints. Showed them I was wearing a seatbelt and drove off.

I am right now seriously considering challenging a very wrong law in regards to court challenges.

Take for instance you are pulled over for a violation of the law and you are found not guilty. You still have to pay the court costs! WTF. Not guilty and you have to pay someone to find you that way. I am considering to hiring someone on this. Why should someone have to pay for due juris prudence?
Old 06-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
I agree....... I was running 15% in Iowa... for 3 months.... by the way, the legal limit in Iowa is 70% on the fronts ... eyeah, ballsy move... but then I got smoked by a semi, and it got taken off. Also, yes, I get looked at like a virgin girl walking into a room full of horny teenage guys. (by the cops). Especially now that I'm running very very minimal exhaust. Once I get my car finished, I will probably get more looks, but that's ok.... I gots a perfect record... and I'm looking to keep it that way.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:01 PM   #13
Road Trip!

I guess I have been very lucky so far. My last ticket was in 1982. Karmy County in Nebraska. I was driving the 79 Mustang to New York to be shipped to England.

I usually drive 10-20 mph over the limit but, for some reason, when there is a cop around, I am doing either the limit or less! I guess I'm lucky
Old 06-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
I was doin' 105 in a 65 before..... kinda screwin' around with my buddy... I was in the Mustang, he was in the Cavalier... I see this cop, and I high tail it onto the exit ramp.... he went straight. I slowed down very fast.... cop whipped a ****ty and flipped his lights.... didn't get me, or my buddy... we saw him down the road about 10 miles later, at an accident.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 06-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Sucks man...next time I'm asked about my tint I'm gonna refuse to roll my window up unless I can check the tint on his car lol. Cops around here have their windows black, are they above the law?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

by the way, this is the only time I was stupid.. I don't do this at all any more.... haven't hit more than 75 mph in the last year.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:09 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
by the way, this is the only time I was stupid.. I don't do this at all any more.... haven't hit more than 75 mph in the last year.
That's cuz your car hasn't been running right long enough lol
Our's:
Old 06-02-2005, 09:11 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

no? It was down for one week... and that was the rear end, not the engine

Old 06-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

I was joking...
Our's:
Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

I know....

Old 06-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #21
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
that sucks man... i had 7 tickets for tint in the sixxer... each time they told me to fix it, but i never did. Its 34.50 for a tint ticket in iowa, and kansas pigs never bothered me, so I never fixed it. It did get annoying though cause Id be driving on the interstate, and cops would be doing like 60mph in the right lane... but Id have to sit behind them because theyd always pull me over for tint if i passed em. I ****in hate the cops, theyre just one more reason to carry a loaded weapon (only kidding)

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #22
I liek gramer
Legacy

It's just bull****. The way he acted is what really pissed me off.

I seriously thought about telling him they were broken and not rolling them back up. His tint meter was one that slid over the top of the window, so he would not have been able to test 1/4 windows or back window. Of course I didn't know that at the time. I mean, what could he do if I told him they were broken and would not roll up?
Old 06-02-2005, 09:44 PM   #23
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
It's just bull****. The way he acted is what really pissed me off.

I seriously thought about telling him they were broken and not rolling them back up. His tint meter was one that slid over the top of the window, so he would not have been able to test 1/4 windows or back window. Of course I didn't know that at the time. I mean, what could he do if I told him they were broken and would not roll up?
Told you to get out of the car and then proceed to roll them up... he would have done it too.

You just have to bite your tongue and realize you have no power. They want to be ******** they can... not much you can do sadly.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:44 PM   #24
I liek gramer
Legacy

I wouldn't have given him my keys. ****, if he can roll up power windows with no keys, I'll take the damn ticket.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #25
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
I wouldn't have given him my keys. ****, if he can roll up power windows with no keys, I'll take the damn ticket.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #26
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Told you to get out of the car and then proceed to roll them up... he would have done it too.

You just have to bite your tongue and realize you have no power. They want to be ******** they can... not much you can do sadly.
Besides, he had the other cop cars park so damn close I couldn't have gotten out on either side if I wanted to.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:13 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang
That sucks man. I got 5% all the way around, been pulled over at least 50 times and managed to drive off without a ticket
Old 06-02-2005, 11:29 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
its funny, my friend with a firebird, 88 T/A, has a magnaflow exhaust, its not all that loud, he's been pulled over twice for his exhaust being too loud

here i am, lack of catback exhaust, obnoxiously loud, sounds like ****, and cops never give me a second look

in my red bird, dead silent, and it was too slow to do much speeding, and cops would follow me all the time
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:49 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
yeah tint laws are ****ing gay. i dont even tint my cars, its a waste of money. my freinds spend 250 for tint and end up removing it a week later, and then paying a 12$ fixit ticket. one of my freinds with a truck spend 450 on the tint with the mirror flames, he got pulled over before you could even roll down the windows(they tell you not to roll down the windows for 3-5 days just in case). waste of money IMO.

id just remove the tint, pay the fixit, and be done with it. spend another 100 elsewhere.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:08 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Ugh.. I'd be upset too. I'd be like "You took that long to pull me over? Thanks, really appreciate it. I wouldn't be getting coffee at the local resturant here, you won't be getting the freebies after that little stunt."

My bro works there

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yeah, that whole cop incident sux. Just to clarify, I'm not a cop but did spend time with the military police when i was an active duty marine. One reason he could have waited to pull you over is that he needs to call dispatch and run your plate number to make sure the car isn't stolen. Also, while he's waiting for dispatch to come back with the specs on your car he's seeing what you are doing. If your extra careful when he's behind you, and so forth. Just FYI, if you care.

1991 5.0 lx conv. auto, black. Full saleen body kit, cold air intake, msd ignition, flowmasters, off road h-pipe, underdrive pulleys, trickflow intake, trickflow stage 1 cam, 190 lph fuel pump, 30 lbs injectors, 73mm mass air.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/gall...0632_thumb.jpg
saleen0027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

haha, or you can just turn immediately after they follow you, into a gas station or something. Say you wanted some Fun-ions (sp).. which is true because they rule. Then see what his excuse is

Old 06-03-2005, 11:16 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Funions?! Oh good, then the cop will think he's high too. Ha!

1991 5.0 lx conv. auto, black. Full saleen body kit, cold air intake, msd ignition, flowmasters, off road h-pipe, underdrive pulleys, trickflow intake, trickflow stage 1 cam, 190 lph fuel pump, 30 lbs injectors, 73mm mass air.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/gall...0632_thumb.jpg
saleen0027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:48 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

hahaha, I ALWAYS eat Funions when I'm with the gf. Better than the snack treat my mom always brings me "Munchies"..... as in "the" munchies. Ok, so maybe Funions sound a bit off, but seriously, maybe you just love Funions, like me ... that isn't illegal.

Old 06-03-2005, 12:10 PM   #35
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen0027
Yeah, that whole cop incident sux. Just to clarify, I'm not a cop but did spend time with the military police when i was an active duty marine. One reason he could have waited to pull you over is that he needs to call dispatch and run your plate number to make sure the car isn't stolen. Also, while he's waiting for dispatch to come back with the specs on your car he's seeing what you are doing. If your extra careful when he's behind you, and so forth. Just FYI, if you care.
blah blah blah blah. Never took anybody that long before. :dunno:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar