do you believe we landed on the moon? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: did we land on the moon?
yes 24 96.00%
no 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
do you believe we landed on the moon?

a girl in my speech class didn't believe we did... I gave a speech on it, but I'm curious.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
um.... duh?
Old 06-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
I said that too.... but she was dead serious. I gave a speech on it, 12 minute speech.... 25 slides, proving we did. After it was done, the entire class looked at her. By now she was blushing VERY badly, and she said "well that doesn't prove anything... I still don't believe we landed on the moon". My teacher asked her if she had ears, or if she was just that ignorant.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
stupid people and their crazy conspiracy theories.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:39 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

she believes Physics is just a government conspiracy....

Old 06-04-2005, 05:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
she believes Physics is just a government conspiracy....
tea bag her.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wouldn't touch her with your nuts, no offense

Old 06-04-2005, 05:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
^ im guessing she is ugly?

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:50 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

you would be guessing correctly... not fugly... but just gives off the skanky vibe. She's an EMT and on call all the time. If I had the choice of mouth to mouth or being brain dead.... I don't know which I'd pick. She hit on me all semester until I pwned her in the last speech.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:52 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

a girl I went to high school with that was in the class said the following:

"I don't see why you would put dual exhaust on a car... it's worthless. (little while later) Dual exhaust only belongs on big black Dodge trucks"

I looked at her, and said, You're as dumb as you are blonde... and she is quite blonde.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

mmm evans kind of woman, anyone say #1 of 50

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Old 06-04-2005, 05:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

"I don't see why you would put dual exhaust on a car... it's worthless. (little while later) Dual exhaust only belongs on big black Dodge trucks"

I looked at her, and said, You're as dumb as you are blonde... and she is quite blonde.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 06-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wouldn't touch her with your nuts, no offense
stop being a *****.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:03 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm trying to hold a civil conversation.... want me to remove it?

Old 06-04-2005, 06:03 PM   #15
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Quote:

n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:06 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

statistically, 6% of Americans honestly believe we didn't land on the moon.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

HA reminds me of my friend's speech class. He said they had a speech to do at the end of the semester, they could do it on anything. So this Russian woman comes up and says "The United States never landed on the moon." and his mouth dropped. This guy just about joined the army when 9/11 happened, so hearing that got him pissed. After she was done with her speech, nobody clapped for her, and all she got were "OMFG are you stupid" looks.

So if we took a telescope, pointed it at the landing site we wouldn't see anything... right?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

ACTUALLY, it depends how good of telescope you have. You could see our flag up there... and if you have a laser, and A LOT of free time, there's a mirror on the moon, we planted it there. That's how we know the moon is slowly getting further away.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

hitting a mirror on the moon would be VERY hard. NASA has done it a lot, but they have computer guided lasers, lol. It takes them all of 34 seconds to get it lined up. Plus, odds are, I disproved everything she said... did she talk about the waving flag, and the moon foot print, and the radio messages, and shadows, and moon rocks?

Old 06-04-2005, 06:14 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
statistically, 6% of Americans honestly believe we didn't land on the moon.

That is lower than I expected since 20% have a IQ less than 65. I know for a fact wqe have been to the moon and here is why.

If we had not the Russians would have called us on it long time ago. We leap so far ahead at that point in the space race they would have jumped at the chance of exposing us.

That show that came on a year or so about how it was fake was absolutely a pile of donkey do!!!

Oh and the girl either is in the below 65 IQ or a fruit loop conspiracy nut BY GOD
Old 06-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

yes, I mentioned how the Russians would call us on it, since we were in the middle of the COLD WAR (to steal a line from Corey) BY GOD!!! (hahaha, that was fun... I now see why you do it)

Old 06-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #22
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Conspiracies.

There were some "interesting" theories that popped up that held my interest, until I read them. I don't believe them.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:20 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

most conspiracies are pure lunacy. Most focus on one side of an issue, and often disprove each other. i.e. do not hold up. one says "well this acts like this in this picture".. but it acts completely different in another picture. It actually proves we were there, and that they're idiots.

Here's an example... you can't see any stars in the background of the moon picture where you can see the lunar module. Any photographers wanna take a guess?
White lunar surface..... direct sunlight, think winter, and fresh snow, with bright sun. VERY fast shutter speed, doesn't have time to capture the stars. But they think this proves something different.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:27 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
most conspiracies are pure lunacy. Most focus on one side of an issue, and often disprove each other. i.e. do not hold up. one says "well this acts like this in this picture".. but it acts completely different in another picture. It actually proves we were there, and that they're idiots.

Here's an example... you can't see any stars in the background of the moon picture where you can see the lunar module. Any photographers wanna take a guess?
White lunar surface..... direct sunlight, think winter, and fresh snow, with bright sun. VERY fast shutter speed, doesn't have time to capture the stars. But they think this proves something different.
The other goof ball claim is the earth was always in the same place in the pictures. This is the easiest to debunk.

A. The Moon does not rotate the dark side is always dark
B. We cannot communicate with the dark side. It is out of line of site.
C. It is always in the same place because they took one rover up and each mission after it used it when they got there. They landed in the same area
Old 06-04-2005, 06:34 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

the waving flag is VERY easy to disprove.......
the program you're thinking of aired Feb. 15, 2001 by Fox, and was called
Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?

Here are some pics I used. The flag, they say is waving... but if you look, the rod used to hang it is on TOP of the flag, not the side, so it's just hanging. Plus, they had to RAM the rod into the hard lunar soil.... which made it shake

the footprint, they say is too deep and dark in the heel... easily disproven in that Buzz Aldrin took this of his own footprint. He stepped forward, then pushed off his HEEL to step back to take the picture

They say the third pic proves two light sources, but if they're on the moon there can only be one.... This pic proves there can only be ONE light source... as each object only casts one shadow. What it proves is that each man is on different angle of terrain. The longer shadow'd man would be going down hill.... as the shadow is cast over more distance.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #26
I liek gramer
Legacy

this debunks the show on Fox

http://www.valleyskeptic.com/moon_hoax.html

edit:
another good one:
http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm
Old 06-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm trying to hold a civil conversation.... want me to remove it?
nah i jusrt found it funny.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html
http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/
http://www.clavius.org/

there ya' go

Old 06-04-2005, 07:15 PM   #29
I liek gramer
Legacy

This conversation reminds me of the Rammstein video for Amerika. It's uploading to my gallery right now.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

I had my gf talk to this chick... telling her to "leave me the hell alone", lol. I just thought it was funny. She's like "I didn't know he had a gf"... "then why is he wearing a promise ring you dumb hussie", hahaha, priceless... I left it on speakerphone

Old 06-04-2005, 08:29 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

yes
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
we did.. all the counter evidence were disproven.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
I think we've landed on Uranus too, but the government just doesn't want anyone to know...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

we've landed on mars too.

M-A-R-S................mars *****es.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
i put no on the poll, all my life id believed we did, but then after talkin to one of my previous teachers it really doesnt seem possible..then again what do i know the highest ive ever gone out from the earth was in a normal commercial airplane
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar