check the 3.8 ownage - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:22 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
check the 3.8 ownage

as you know, I'm selling my Saleen Side Scoops... ****** bag decides he wants to get smart. I am selling them for $160, he PM's me, and offers me $100 shipped... this is what happens now.

mustanggtslvr00

dont say you wan to sell them quick cause they are clutter than reject an offer

jimmy_beaner

you offered me $100...... that's a slap in the face. They are still NEW. I paid like $183+ shipping for them, I primed them. Then changed my mind, and now you want to get them half off. They still new. At that price, I might as well give them away. The price is $160 shipped. As I replied to you in my PM, which any slam like "well you said they were clutter" should be in, if you're going to 'make an offer' at least make it REASONABLE. I also said $160 shipped is a steal, as they are still new, and will save you money as the shop doesn't have to prime them. If you're going to continue to slap me in the face with this, I will ask to have a moderator ban you from my thread, or just ban you. I will not put up with your **** any longer. Please don't post again about these side scoops.

Anyone else that will meet the asking price, go on and post. If you need them painted, I can get them painted reasonably, I just need your paint code, and a couple hours to get in contact with my buddy to get a price estimate. If you're going to be like ****** bag here, don't post.

what a ******. Yeah bud, I'll trade them straight up for your car.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
simmer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
dude, he REALLY pissed me off with "I'll give you $100"....... soo pissed. I told him his offer was retarded, and so was he, in my PM back to him.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
i understand, i was j/j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
I'll give you 101 shipped..

$160 shipped it you have it painted true blue for me
Old 06-06-2005, 09:52 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

paint will be extra.... but I can get it done

Old 06-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
I was joking.. I like the 'stock' sleeper look.. I was seeing what your response would be.. but you didn't bite lol

You didn't call me a ******, I'm hurt
Old 06-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

I only flame 3.8'ers ... they USUALLY give me a retarded response. Which is why I must be the one to diagnose them as such.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
I only flame 3.8'ers ... they USUALLY give me a retarded response. Which is why I must be the one to diagnose them as such.

I'll agree that 160 is a great price, and a 100 shiopped is a *****slap. But you cant say that 3.8 is the ONLY place that has lowballers like that.

It's idiots like that one who give mustang owners everywhere a bad name... not only at 3.8.

On a side note, if they were for a 98, I would have probably been interested.

Damn 99-04's
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:25 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I will add to this. I would prefer not to make threads bringing up other sites in the Parking lot. If you have access to Finest or the Mod section put them there. I dont want visitors or new people to get the impression we are a bunch of haters. I will let this thread stay as is since it is not a hard slam

Guys lets be decent

Oh Jimmy even though you felt it was a slap in the face, I never fault a guy for trying to get something cheaper. He only asked. Really you should take the high road with these situations and just laugh them off. No need to get bent.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:31 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

it's an insult... not an offer.. he knew I wouldn't accept

Old 06-06-2005, 10:34 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
it's an insult... not an offer.. he knew I wouldn't accept
It does not matter!!! Take the high road and rise above it!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

sorry Corey, you are right, from now on, I will flame in PM's only.
also, sorry about talking about 3.8... however, I have yet to find useful info on that site.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:50 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

is $220 painted and shipped too much? not enough? just right?

Old 06-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
maybe im the only one seeing his point here...160 is still alot for a used part that can be bought for 180. so whos more retarded? the person who wants a used part for cheaper then new or the person selling the used part for almost brand new prices?
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #16
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
maybe im the only one seeing his point here...160 is still alot for a used part that can be bought for 180. so whos more retarded? the person who wants a used part for cheaper then new or the person selling the used part for almost brand new prices?
I agree, I can see how someone comes low like that, when making an offer, you always go lower than you want to pay, just in case. If you didn't like the offer jimmy, you could have just said, "no thanks, too low", and counter offered or just said, "I am pretty solid on my price". There really is no need to go off on the guy, doesn't do good when you are trying to sell something. You don't have to act like an E-Thug all the time
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:08 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm not trying to act like an "E-thug". I listed a price because that's what I wanted. Plus, he would have to pay $180+ shipping. You didn't account for that. Mine is $160 shipped. Take into account shipping. Plus, mine are new also. Plus, they have been primed, which saves him on painting costs.. as they are ready for paint. The material they are made of SOAKS up primer... apparently, it was not cheap. Low balling is not a good practice for those trying to buy things. Him offering me $140 shipped would not have made me 'go off'. Plus, I was working off no sleep for 27 hours at this time. And I didn't make this post until he went into the "for sale" forum, and posted "don't say you want rid of it, and then decline an offer"... $100 is not an offer. I could offer him $1.05... but that doesn't make it "an offer". An "offer" is something the selling party would consider reasonable. For him to say this, may scare away further people that might make reasonable offers. I'm sorry, but if you had a turbo kit for sale, you just bought it for $3500, and wrecked your car, and I offered you $500, would you be offended? Would you "consider" it? Or would you simplely dismiss it as I did. Technically, your turbo would no longer be "new"... even though it is "new". Yes, I had them painted. Not like he would leave them the beautiful color they come from the factory... They MUST be painted, thus, I have no worsened the condition of them at all... if anything, saved him money.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

I want to sell these, and all I get over this is hijacked by people that wanna be a smart *** and "low ball" offers that aren't worth the time to even read. It gets aggrivating.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

I just wanted to vent a little at the time, and he managed to set the fire that led to his 'flaming'. Again, working night shift is a strain on me I'm not adapted to yet... plus, it's been 5 some odd weeks since I've seen the gf, and I had just found out it would be 2 more weeks minimum.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

as soon as u get it from a dealer its used, no matter if its installed or not. its a used part. Take shipping into account? they weigh what like 10lbs max on a good day with alot of packing? so thats $5-9 extra for say ups ground for coast to coast shipping.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but if you had a turbo kit for sale, you just bought it for $3500, and wrecked your car, and I offered you $500, would you be offended?
thats apples and oranges...I still fail to see why you blew up on him wanting a used part cheaper then new, maybe its just me and nate who rather pay less for used stuff.

face it, whenever you sell something or or car, your not going to get close to what you put into it or paid for it. Unless its a older car or along those lines.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Old 06-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

and stop ****ing posting 3+ threads
Old 06-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

at a time, it dont make you cool.

hey i can click reply faster then anybody..my IQ is 200!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

I don't care if you do mock me. If you look at the post times, they aren't all the same time. At least I hope not. The fact that you didn't reply doesn't mean I don't have more to say. Also, the fact that the quick reply thing is easier to click into to type instead of edit, is also not my fault. If you don't like me, then don't post on my threads. Psychology teaches that people that must make fun of other's success are those that are subconsciously jealous. I never made fun of you for not having a 150+ IQ. I don't rub it in. It was forced out by a fellow member when he was making fun of me for "being stupid". I never rubbed it in to anyone. If you can't deal with my IQ, then don't reply to what I say. It is not my problem, it is your's. If you continue to bring it up, I will block you, enough said. I am rather tired of you trying to make fun of me for being smart. It is not a bad thing, and I am not being a bad sport about it. You are the one that keeps bringing it up, and trying to make me feel bad about it. Also, I do believe $160 shipped is cheaper than $180 non-shipped... mine were just shy of $200 shipped. Plus, I have to pay $30 for priming them. So look at it more like $130 shipped. Doesn't seem THAT far off now does it.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:58 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hey everyone be decent or else!!!

:pissed: :pissed:
Old 06-06-2005, 12:07 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Quote:
however, I have yet to find useful info on that site.

YAY

I'm useless
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:09 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik

YAY

I'm useless
Dude you are far from useless!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Corey, please lock this thread. I may ask you to remove Bane's posts from my threads in the future if he can not help but attempt to tease me for being smart. Oh the silly things some will do.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:16 PM   #28
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Wow

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy