so as it turns out, God DOES hate me - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
so as it turns out, God DOES hate me

we were off to Texas to get my brother's car. We get to Iowa City, I say, pull over so I can equalize tire pressure. I check the tire pressures.... first one... 50+ PSI, I say "WTF!!!". I go to the next one... 18 PSI... Shake my head, go to the next, 50+ PSI again.... and the last one was 15 PSI... the high psi tires were caddy corner from each other, as were the low ones. So by now I'm kind of like how the hell did that happen. So then I get looking at the tires, and I swear, everyone at the gas station heard me say "GOD DAMN IT"... my tire had rubbed through in an area, and steel belts were showing. So I said, dad, we gotta get a used tire for this... as I'm getting new rims and tires soon.
So he of course is mad his trip is delayed. We go to the first place... apparently, 225/55/16 is a very unusual tire, and they don't have any. So on to the next place. They HAD 2, but had JUST gotten rid of them. Turns out, another tire has a broken belt.... both low tires were the problem tires. So I say, well, do you have a set of 4 I can have on there? so we get a set of pretty large tires, and he says "I'll put them on after lunch break". It's 10:30 a.m. Lunch lasts until 12:30. I said, "WTF", lol. He said "well, we've only got 1/2 hour until lunch starts... so we don't want to try to do any cars." I said ok, and we went next door and had KFC.
We come back, get the tires, $25 each mounted and balanced, and head on our way. About 1 hour later, we hear a LOUD knocking noise coming from the rear end. I said "SOB WHAT NOW", lol. Got out, crawled under the car, and see my passenger muffler caught up on top of my rear end support and some aluminum tube hanging down. I said "****". I tried for almost 40 minutes to get the car jacked up to try to move the muffler, but couldn't. It was pinned between the driveshaft and the floor pan... but not touching either... until bumps. I said "**** it, just go"... we get to Omaha and put the car on ramps and survey the damage. My floor pan is dented, from the muffler, and my muffler is REALLY dented from the floor pan. The aluminum tube runs right along side the fuel line, and there's an 8" section missing... assuming the muffler smoked the crap out of that. We cut off the muffler, and then used a pipe cutter to cut off the aluminum tube so the two ends were nice and pretty, and used garden hose to connect the two ends. Does anyone know what this tube is? I noticed the car didn't really wanna start right without it connected.
So we get under way. My brother wants to sit in the front pass seat, so he slides it forward for me to get in... as he does, he pulls WAY too hard, and the seat gets stuck all the way forward.
The next thing that happened was monsoon season in Kansas... we were doing 30 mph, and my dad said he was hydroplanning sometimes doing that. That wasn't that much of a set back, as I was asleep.
So then, we get there, and look at the dealership, it's not the same dealership as the listing on eBay... and no yellow Mustang... but the address listed. We then go to IHOP and wait for the dealership to open. Turns out, the dealership we got our's from had moved across town. So it took us a little while to get there, and when we did, sure enough, the car was there. The salesman asked me "so are you jealous?". I said "no". "why not, that yellow car is faster than your's"... "wanna bet". Then I said, "how could it be, same engine, but mine has stuff done to make it faster?". he left the room. later on, he got his mechanic to fix my seat for me. Turns out, it had been pulled off the seat track on the left side. So we head out to go home.
Everything goes fine until Nebraska. My dad is following me, I'm going 5 mph over the speed limit... and he gets pulled over. The cop thinks the car is stolen. He's really unhappy when I pulled over in front of my dad... thinks I'm "back up". So then we find out Illinois cancelled my dad's IOWA driver's license for some reason that he'll find out tomorrow. He gets off with a warning. Then... we're finally at my house about a day later, and my auto body buddy stops by to see my bro's car....
As it turns out, this car that has a "clear title"... is not as advertised. My brother didn't check the "Mach 460 sound system" that was advertised... it has the Mach 460 front tweeters, but not the rear 6"x8", or the head unit. It doesn't have the factory tags on the driver door... and there's a dent in the rear bumper, the trunk lid doesn't line up (only off a bit)... and more than half the car has been repainted. Sounds incredibly fishy to be a "clear titled" car. I'll get a complete list of stuff that was "fixed" tomorrow hopefully.

So now, my dad is in contact with the TX dealership, and the tire shop.

I'll get pics up as soon as the new power supply for my laptop shows up... as the power supply stopped working... as did my car charger for my cell phone.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
holy cliff notes

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #3
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
ok i gave in and read it

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2005, 11:30 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
wow.. thats one of the longest posts i never read.

...jk ill read it.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
**** happens man.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:38 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness
trade-in time. ^_^
Old 06-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #7
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Cliff notes cause my attention span doesnt allow me to read that

btw God hates everyone, that's why there are Civics

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:20 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
dam dude with all the problems you have with that car, youd think it was a dsm.

id just give up and trade it in for a GT. the money you spend on repairs a month could go to a bone stock GT that could kick the crap out of your six.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:22 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Actually God loves us. The thing is he has a sense of humor!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
A clear title means one thing in Texas, no one has a lien on the vehicle. It does NOT mean it has never been in an accident or anything else and your ASSumptions are your own.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
actually, the car did have a lien against it... the title was at the bank at the time of purchase even. And he said "well, this car currently has a lien on it" when my dad asked if he could have the title. Also, just because Texas is "special" in that "clear" doesn't mean not wrecked, it doesn't mean they can advertise to all of eBay that their car is a "clear title". "Clear title" means not salvaged or anything else like that... at least to me

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 06-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Well in every state I have lived in a clear title means no liens. Now in most states there are disclosure laws that require a full disclosure if the car has ever been wrecked or damaged at the time of sale. Now to what extent damaged is differs from state to state. That is why you have to be careful if cars have come from flood prone states. Insurance companies will sell these cars to dealer that will ship them to states that dont have disclosure on flood cars. Some states do not require disclosure if it was not in a wreck or totaled.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Regardless of what the seller told you, clear means no lien in TX. If it was wrecked enough to total the car out then it would have a salvage title. If it was wrecked, but not enough to total it, then the title would not change at all.

That's the law out here. Some people don't understand them, or use them properly but if you are considering legal action then that is what the judge will use.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:05 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

well, we'll take that into consideration. However, with as many body panels that seem to be repainted, I don't see how it couldn't have enough damage to be totalled. We'll see. It's still a very nice looking car... also, more about God hating me

I pulled up to work the night before last... and this guy's like "your head lights out"... so I go "damn". I go move my car at break, and now, no lights... BOTH went out. Took all of 5 minutes to change.. and we've got lights now

Old 06-15-2005, 10:20 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
wow that does suck

I've been riding around on bald drag radials for almost a month now

barring rain storms I haven't had any problems with tires wearing through.. how did you not notice that before your trip?

and the mach stereo isnt' that great my 2 12" subs make up the difference though

in case my post makes no sense

old grandad (whiskey) is some strong **** ...

damn.. I hope I'm in good shape for work tomorrow..

whoo..

*passes out*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar