Test drove an 05 5spd - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2005, 06:05 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Test drove an 05 5spd

It was the v6 version. The shifter, even though it looks short, is alot longer throw than I had imagined. Its still 100x better than the 94-04 ones. It felt slower than my car and I felt her out good, but definatly faster than a stock 99-04 v6 5spd. The clutch sucked in it lol but I wasnt used to it yet, very light... but thats expected. Sounded decent ... but very very muffled.

I was hoping the interior would be higher quality... this one had all the upgrades minus the dash lighting package, red leather and all that.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2005, 06:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

some friends of my friends bought the "stang" edition (special edition v6 mustang over here) got some pretty badass chrome rims and a couple other things i am not sure of. those guys always visit my friend who lives across the street from me. one day when i see them outside, i'm gonna go out there and see about a little race, possibly get it on vid.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

If its an auto it wont be to much of a murder on your part, the new autos are alot better than the older ones, so.... he has more power and better tranny. It would still be very interesting to see either way... and its not like a street race can ever tell you who is faster anyway... its just a way to waste time lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
If its an auto it wont be to much of a murder on your part, the new autos are alot better than the older ones, so.... he has more power and better tranny. It would still be very interesting to see either way... and its not like a street race can ever tell you who is faster anyway... its just a way to waste time lol.
its got 210bhp but weighs like 300lbs more. the fact that it has a better tranny will probably be the only thing that will help him. i think i remember seeing dyno numbers on a v6 auto 05 and stock uncorrected numbers were like 180rwhp, i forgot the exact torque number, i think it was like 220-230 or something close to that. so we have the same hp (remember mine is sae and the 05s #s are uncorrected) but it makes more tq, but is heavier, but has a better tranny. i have strong reason to believe that my track times are better than i previously had, so i will go back soon and try again. as much as i hate to be a magazine racer, but its the only numbers i have to go on as i have not seen an 05 at the track yet, c/d got a 15.3 out of a 05 v6 auto.

"waste of time huh?" you know if i got him to race and made a vid of it you wouldnt be thinking the entire vid "oh wow, what a waste of time and gas." j/k you know you would enjoy it.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
^ only thing is 05 auto tranny - 5spd . yours - 3spd
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark02Pony
^ only thing is 05 auto tranny - 5spd . yours - 3spd
not really. youre counting the o/d in the new ones but not the o/d in mine. so its 5-speed vs 4-speed
Old 06-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I dont like the fact that people try to base whom is faster via a street race, you can not do this... there are tons of things that keep it from being valid... at the track its far far more real and you compare numbers, ive ran cars that ive lost to as far as getting to the end first... but ive ran much faster times than. You simply can not determine who is faster simply by who gets from point a to point b first in a street race

thats all i ment, they may be fun to look just not true to life
Old 06-15-2005, 07:47 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
I dont like the fact that people try to base whom is faster via a street race, you can not do this... there are tons of things that keep it from being valid... at the track its far far more real and you compare numbers, ive ran cars that ive lost to as far as getting to the end first... but ive ran much faster times than. You simply can not determine who is faster simply by who gets from point a to point b first in a street race

thats all i ment, they may be fun to look just not true to life
I agree with this idea. I toyed with a lot of cars that should have whipped my ***. That is why I will not go and claim a victory over a Vette like some dill weeds. I messed with a girl in a 2002 GT and smoked her but I thing she was only giving it a half as attempt.

Street blasting is for fun not some determination on true performance. That is where RICER SCIENCE come in and only tards use ricer science!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i agree with the track being more accurate b/c of times. but i have a question, and it may sound dumb, but bear with me:

now, assuming that you could perfectly mark off 1/4 mile on a street and run against someone else, shouldnt that give an approximation of what it would look like on a track? (finish distance between the two vehicles)

it seems that the only diff would be that you would be clocked with a time and a speed and of course, location, whereas with this, you would just be car on car.

and the vid was gonna be for fun, but if i won against the 05 auto, dont think i wouldnt title the post on here "made an 05 my *****" or something like that
Old 06-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

reaction time is the KEY, the track does NOT start the clock until your car starts moving so in theory you could let you opponent start a full second before you did and you could still beat him, there is no way to accuratly judge the time from the exact moment a car begins to move till it crosses the finish line, and then to do it for both cars... if one car takes off a tenth of a second before the other... thats .2 tenths right there that he has to make up just to be even... at the track this is not a problem since each lane has its own time.. you just run beside someone for the fun of it.

there are other things that come into play but for now thats enough of a reason, on the street its ALL about reaction time.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
reaction time is the KEY, the track does NOT start the clock until your car starts moving so in theory you could let you opponent start a full second before you did and you could still beat him, there is no way to accuratly judge the time from the exact moment a car begins to move till it crosses the finish line, and then to do it for both cars... if one car takes off a tenth of a second before the other... thats .2 tenths right there that he has to make up just to be even... at the track this is not a problem since each lane has its own time.. you just run beside someone for the fun of it.

there are other things that come into play but for now thats enough of a reason, on the street its ALL about reaction time.
not entirely true - reaction time is accounted for in grudge matches and most tournaments - and only counts who crosses the line first.. unless the other guy redlights
- at least where I live

but on the other hand even if it starts the clock late... if the other guy passes you and you both got the green at the same time, he can claim he won.. and claim bragging rights.. reaction time counts there too
Old 06-15-2005, 10:50 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I like to think of it from the time you start moving till the time you cross the line the time elapsed is the correct time, doesnt matter who gets their first, its who gets there the fastest. Basically if you both started the same the one who had the best time WOULD have got their first, in grudge matches of course its who crosses the line first.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar