need a little legal advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

need a little legal advice

i know this isnt a lawyer forum or anything like that but i have a situation that i would like to know what you would do in this same predicament.

i believe i made a thread about my new in-dash unit that was supposed to be in. well, the last one (exact same) failed b/c the install was ****ed up. they told me they would give me another one, but if it happens again, they wouldnt give me another one. well the new one came in and i got it installed about 2-3 weeks ago (professionally installed by a shop with a very good reputation). and today i was leaving work and started my car, everything started normally, except that no sound came outta the speakers. i have yet to hook up the ps2 to see if that works. but the changer plays fine as does the tv/radio, just no sound out the speakers. the people that i bought it from (out of florida, i think) said they only give store credit, no cash refunds. but i have been having problems for a little over a year now and have now been though SEVEN units and this **** is still happening. i have been very very patient with these people but now have had enough. i am bringing it tues to the people that installed it to troubleshoot it to see what the problem is. it might be something very simple (which i hope it is) but if it isnt i am going to do one of two things:
-demand my money back and if they dont, i am thinking about taking legal action.
-get another unit, sell it on ebay brand new along with a seperate dvd player (which i have no use for) my subs and amp (yes i am contemplating selling this as well) and use that money to buy one from a local shop.

all i have to do is call the guy i delt with and get the name and number of this company if i decide to take legal action. i did not deal straight with this company, but a guy who owned his own shop, who, i might add, is still a friend of mine. but if i do, is it really worth my time, energy, and possibly loss of work time. or should i just get another with the store credit and sell it on ebay so that way i can start fresh and never deal with these people again. if i try to get my money back i will get like $850 but if i sell this on ebay i would only get like $400 if that for this. but i might also sell my amp for like $350 and my subs and box for like $150. that will be just enough to pay for a new unit with installation. i might also sell my 6-disc pioneer cd changer for like $100 or so.

if it is more than just a simple problem, and if do decide to sell these items, i will post it in the "for sale" section.

what would you do?
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
sounds like my fight with ford lol.... the best thing to do is think out what you are doing rationally, dont jump the gun and do something.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
sounds like my fight with ford lol.... the best thing to do is think out what you are doing rationally, dont jump the gun and do something.
the plan about selling it is my rational decision. the first clear thought after i blew off alot of steam was "i'm gonna demand my money back or sue these ****ers." but i thought of just selling it on ebay. i sold a "turbo" on there and almost broke even. these people have given me a free six disc pioneer cd changer b/c i have had trouble with their products. so whatever i sell that for is gonna be to help break even and just start over with a fresh unit from a better company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
yea thats probably what I would do
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

if they have been this courteous with you, don't sue them. Have you taken it to the same installer each time? Might be a problem there? Either that, or take the store credit and get a different tv/dvd player. That unit might just suck and may not be compatable with your setup or something. I would only sue if they were being rude (didn't give a free cd changer and give you 7 new units) and it was the last solution.

Sometimes you just get ****ed in life and you have to lose money to end the problem.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
if they have been this courteous with you, don't sue them. Have you taken it to the same installer each time? Might be a problem there? Either that, or take the store credit and get a different tv/dvd player. That unit might just suck and may not be compatable with your setup or something. I would only sue if they were being rude (didn't give a free cd changer and give you 7 new units) and it was the last solution.

Sometimes you just get ****ed in life and you have to lose money to end the problem.

i will give them this, they have been courteous to me. i am just sick and tired of getting ****ty units from them. i didnt go back to the guy that installed my unit the last time b/c he ****ed up the install and fried my tv. but they told me that they would give me another one but if it happened again, they wouldnt give me another one, so i went and got it professionally installed with a lifetime warranty on the install. they will check it tues to see whats really up with it. i am hoping its just a fuse or something.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:05 AM   #7
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
id get something else besides a TV setup from that shop with your store credit (sweet subs or badass HU) then either be happy with that, or sell it on ebay and get you a tv thats worth your time.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
id get something else besides a TV setup from that shop with your store credit (sweet subs or badass HU) then either be happy with that, or sell it on ebay and get you a tv thats worth your time.
i dont get to pick what i want though, they will just send me something. if that were the case, i would already have a 7in pioneer touch screen unit.

i think if its something serious, the other one i get, its goin on ebay and i am starting fresh from another shop
Old 06-18-2005, 12:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I work in car fi at best buy so I deal with this stuff everyday. Next time your best bet is to go with best buy, circuit city, or american appliance (which many people have had problems with but nothing that bad). Any big chain electronic store that cares about its customers and has several policies dealing with this type of situation. Basically we just repair it or refund your money. You have given them every chance in the world do fix this prob. by simply sending your money back. Don't put up with it, call and threaten to take legal action. If you have a local bbb contact them and let them forward it to that companys city's bbb. If all else fails then contact your lawyer.

2002 Silver V6 Mustang

my garage http://www.mustangevolution.com/gara...do=view&id=273
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar