**Warning** Modular Madness/DSE Tuning in Mooresville, NC - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2005, 01:16 AM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
**Warning** Modular Madness/DSE Tuning in Mooresville, NC

This is a warning to those that live in North Carolina, and anyone that might think about shipping their car off to get serious work done. I ran accross this on another site and wanted to post a warning to everyone else as well. Do not send your car to Modular Madness/DSE Speed & Tuning (Mooresville NC). Check this thread for everything that happened to this girl and her 03 cobra. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=193977

Even if this is the first time this has happened, of which it isn't from what I have read, seeing the condition of this car upon return is enough for me to say no.

I think I would kill someone.

Company website: http://www.dse-speed.com/
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
wow

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:09 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
ive heard a couple of stories like this from modular madness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I think I would kill someone.

:yup:

if i dropped that much money on a car and then more on mods for that already expensive car and it came back all ****ed up like that. i would most definately be pissed.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
thats absurd...it was definately wrecked by somebody in addition to the carelessness of the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
wtf...

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:15 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
holy crap!!

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
their response was the transport caused it... so i guess the transport put the fuel filter on backwards too haha.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
holy crap.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
ya i would sue them for every penny and them some for all the crap they put me though.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:25 PM   #11

Holy crap I'd have a lawyer camping out in their butt hole.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:57 PM   #12
Regular

This is getting a sticky. I am sick and tired of people doing **** work and have no consideration for others belongings.

Reddit
Old 06-23-2005, 12:12 AM   #13
I liek gramer
Legacy

Any links to where they responded?
Old 06-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
Any links to where they responded?
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...7&page=2&pp=40 post number 53 is some of the commincations between them and billetflow (doug is billetflow...great parts by the way)

and it should be the first msg posted here (number 81) http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...7&page=3&pp=40

post number 173 has a couple of their replies from other boards http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...7&page=5&pp=40

post 146 has comments from coral.net where the thread was closed/deleted because the owners asked them to. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...7&page=4&pp=40

post number 155 has an interesting twist...where it appears he was using her car as his own instead of working on it. Not 100% confirmed...but it appears to be. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...7&page=4&pp=40
Old 06-23-2005, 12:23 AM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Her rebuttal...you decide who is to be believed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerrat
Well it's about time!!
You have not called since the Sunday after the car was returned. Period.

Let's tell the whole story about the trip to Texas.
In January your shop manager, Paul, called me and asked for a personal favor. He asked me to pick up a 60" tv 50 miles south of Houston and bring it to my house. He said he and his buddy would make a road trip to TX to pick it up and hangout in SA for a few days. A few days later, he called and said that since he was coming to TX with the truck, he might as well bring the trailer and take my car back to the shop in NC for cams and a tune. I had talked about these mods with you previously. This sounded fine by me. When you were in TX in the spring of 04, I bought a flash tuner and paid for a custom dyno tune, but you could NOT tune my car with the SCT MAF for various reasons including dyno malfunction and running out of time. For 8 months I could not take my car to the track or above 5500rpm because the MAF was pegged.

Back to the Texas trip.
I drove the Lightning to pick up the tv. It was approximately 530 miles round trip. I bought tarps and tie downs.
Paul set the date when he was coming to TX. He and his friend spent two nights at MY house and I provided all meals. I had a great time during the visit and enjoyed thier company. I was not offered a dime in reimbursement for my trip to Houston.
When I got the bill with the fuel charge I called Paul. We had not discussed it prior, but I told him I did not think it fair for me to pay the entire amount since he was coming to TX anyway. Paul agreed totally and said he'd take care of it. He split the cost with me and I paid the invoice.

Me rushing you.
If you could not fit the car in and were that busy, why the hell did you schedule my Cobra. I did not set any dates, your shop did. You also gave me a time frame of 3 weeks to a month. You had the car more than two months. Yes, I pushed to get the car back in the end after I realized I was getting screwed but it was already way past an acceptable time frame.
Was I upset? Of course I was. My husband was in Iraq, my truck had been wrecked a couple of days before the initial scheduled pickup of the Cobra (the month and a half point), I had no vehicle and I was getting the runaround from a shop 1300 miles away.

Stock parts.
The agreement was the K member and exhaust would be shipped separately at my cost. The little stuff was to go in the car. If it's dirty, put it in a trash bag or box in the trunk?? Not that difficult.

The drivability of the car sucked from the minute it came off the transport. It was NOT tuned properly. How many sworn affidavits stating that do you want? Paul has already admitted to many things that were done wrong and it is documented.
The FDPM error. It was a code thrown when I tried to load your tune via the flasher. I got a tune from someone else and was able to flash without any problems whatsoever.

Viruses...I don't know where they're coming from but I use a Mac computer and we don't have viruses. Bring on the FBI! The truth is, you were trying to use a scare tactic to get the admins of this board to delete this post.

I went from disappointed and feeling betrayed to straight up pissed off. Make up all the lies and stories you want Don, in the end I will win because I am the one telling the truth and have all the proof I need.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:25 AM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

It might be a long read...but I suggest going through the svtp link I have posted and reading all of the messages. Breeze over the bs "I would kill them...etc" messages...and read the important ones with facts...it is an interesting read.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:26 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96
what a horrible set of events for both of them, this is one reason I would never buy or sell or send my car somewhere to bet fixed out of state where I can't check up on it.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:39 AM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

thx for the links smurfin
Old 06-23-2005, 11:45 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think i'll be talking to racerat this weekend, she's a local *EDIT*to find out an update on the situation*EDIT*

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:29 PM   #20
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
I think i'll be talking to racerat this weekend, she's a local
ok?

Reddit
Old 06-23-2005, 10:06 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
I don't know what was going on here, She had done a lot of business with these people before and trusted them, then they did her like that, does not make sense. Return business and GOOD word of mouth advertising is the best you can get, this kind of thing can ruin a business.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar