GM's employee discount commercials - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

GM's employee discount commercials

down here a couple gm dealerships are running some sort of special where you are supposed to get the gm employee discount on all 05's.

do you think that the public is paying the EXACT same as the employees at gm?
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I always have had the option at GM and also Ford which calls it the X plan. Yes it is true but I heard ford excluded the stang from the plan to the General Public.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
I always have had the option at GM and also Ford which calls it the X plan. Yes it is true but I heard ford excluded the stang from the plan to the General Public.
when i went to buy my mustang, ford was going to give me the x-plan, but with the discounts they had, the x-plan was only like $300 less than my discounts.

but doesnt the x-plan still have a little markup from employee discounts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
I'm sure they are. I could go check a price and then ask some relatives back home what their price would be since they are engineers for GM. But, either way, it might be time for GM, Ford too for that matter, to think about their pricing scheme in the first place. They are having to offer such deep cuts because **** isn't selling. I saw one commercial offering a $14,000 rebat on the Expidition I believe it was. Now, not all people are stupid. If they are like me, they say to themselves, wow, they have room to offer 14k off, then there is no way I am paying msrp for one ever. THe only exeption was the cobra because the dealer I went through wasn't even allowing X and A plan pricing. X plan was offered from my company as they were a partner (X is the partner plan). And some friends were denied A plan (the employee plan) from the same dealership...on a regular GT.

Anyhow, it is time for the big 3 to start re-thinking their inflated prices if they want to survive well in the future.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
when i went to buy my mustang, ford was going to give me the x-plan, but with the discounts they had, the x-plan was only like $300 less than my discounts.

but doesnt the x-plan still have a little markup from employee discounts?
Yes, X plan is for partners, usually, where you get a pin number and such from your company.

A plan is the employee discount.

X is usually a bit more than A.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

so theyre giving out the A-plan then.

okay now with this, salesmen that work mainly off commission have to pissed at this. b/c if they are offering the a-plan, then there has to be little/no commission.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
they are still getting money dont mistake that... and its only cuz GM sucks and they cant sell anything... you save like 2k~ or so if even that~ the employees dont save that much so dont expect to either... and they always exclude the vette... lol its not really a chevy anyway.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:10 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
they are still getting money dont mistake that... and its only cuz GM sucks and they cant sell anything... you save like 2k~ or so if even that~ the employees dont save that much so dont expect to either... and they always exclude the vette... lol its not really a chevy anyway.
Dude Ford is losing money also They are doing the employees plan to all also including the trucks and SUV which lead the market in total sales. Chrysler is the only American car company has posted a profit and a increase in sales over last year.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:15 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
its all thanks to there advertising... cuz their products look like a$$....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:38 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Dodge trucks are the best looking. The new squared Ford truck looks like ***

I like the 300, Charger SRT8, Charger Daytona R/T and the Magnum
Old 06-20-2005, 12:58 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Dodge trucks are the best looking. The new squared Ford truck looks like ***

I like the 300, Charger SRT8, Charger Daytona R/T and the Magnum
Aren't all of those cars the same except the badging? lol.

Seriously though, the 300 isn't bad. The charger is a discrace to the name. It is a dodge magnum sedan. And the magnum...cool concept, but just not my cup of tea.

But you are right, Ford is losing money as well which is why I think they need to rethink their over priced scheme too. They also need to do a little more research into the market to see what people want. File things like the adrenaline under G and start spending money on things people will buy. The lightning, the focus, and make something (besides an SUV with a tarnished rep) the soccer moms might consider over the foreign market. I don't think they need to do much with their truck offerings as they seem to sell pretty well year after year.

Until the big 3 can compete with foreign efficiency and reputation for quality/reliability, it is going to be a definite struggle to get by year after year.

One thing you can give chrysler is the fact they came out with a soccer mom vehicle (the magnum) that a gear head would want. They have a luxery sedan (the 300 series) that appeals to the high class crowd as well as the gear head. They have a sport compact (the SRt4) that will draw the younger crowd. And they have a truck that gets rednecks everywhere pissing their pants because it says HEMI on it. That and they offer like 5 types of it (Bumble or super bee, R/T, SRT10, and some others I think). And, they have the viper that the serious power junkies will want. They seem to have all of their bases covered pretty well...which is why they seem to be doing a little better. For and Chevy both fall short in variety.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:19 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Aren't all of those cars the same except the badging? lol.

Seriously though, the 300 isn't bad. The charger is a discrace to the name. It is a dodge magnum sedan. And the magnum...cool concept, but just not my cup of tea.
Actually I see nothing wrong with a 425HP SRT8 Charger or the 350HP Dodge Daytona R/T
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	charger_gallery_05.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	9623   Click image for larger version

Name:	charger_gallery_03.jpg
Views:	2389
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	9624  

Click image for larger version

Name:	charger_gallery_06.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	9625   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006-Dodge-Charger.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	9626  

Old 06-20-2005, 01:51 PM   #13
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

FYI its "rumble" bee, and I would like the car that is called the Charger if they would have called it by any other name. But, even tho it is a sweet car, I don't think it deserves the name Charger.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:58 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
FYI its "rumble" bee, and I would like the car that is called the Charger if they would have called it by any other name. But, even tho it is a sweet car, I don't think it deserves the name Charger.
And what car brought from the dead is???? The GTO??? Magnum???? Ford 500??? No it is hard to please people in the tech savy 21st century with new cars with nostalgic names. I like the new Charger it is much more the car than the original was. The GTO is great car but it looks to much like a Grand Am or Grand Prix but we live with that. You always run the risk of alienating people when you go retro.

I would much rather have a 2006 Dodge Daytona R/T than a 05 GT Sorry but that is my feeling right now. It is not that I am a big dodge fan or I am not a mustang person now but right now I think the only new stang I like is one that is not even built yet the 2007 Shelby 500 Cobra
Old 06-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
That's my opinion too. The concept version would have been deserving...but the magnum sedan doesn't deserve the Charger name plate. Just like the grand am doesn't deserve to be called a GTO.

And, I knew it was something bee...I just couldn't remember.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The discounts are just that, GM is still making a profit. My buddy works at North county ford in CA. The employee discount is like 10% off maybe more, i forget. So yeah, they are making some cash but not much according to the stock market lol. (GM sux)

1991 5.0 lx conv. auto, black. Full saleen body kit, cold air intake, msd ignition, flowmasters, off road h-pipe, underdrive pulleys, trickflow intake, trickflow stage 1 cam, 190 lph fuel pump, 30 lbs injectors, 73mm mass air.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/gall...0632_thumb.jpg
saleen0027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:38 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
the deal with actual employee discounts is.. they get that discounted price PLUS any other discounts

(rebates, etc) to the public they may get that price but nothing else off..
Old 06-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
It's a good deal...just bought one....
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #19
Regular

Region: Tennessee
They would have to pay me to take anything but a Firebird/TransAm off their lot

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96
what did you buy???
Old 06-20-2005, 10:13 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
yea my dad got the A plan, it made the buying process alot easier, no haggeling or anything just the price was the price and it was cheap as hell.i beleive a lot of defence contractors get these same kinds of deals. Corey im sure you know alot more about this then i do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:17 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Say hello to my little friend...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:10 PM   #23

Region: Georgia
I think they are offering the same price, except for as a memeber of the general public you won't get the little benefits like smaller payments maybe(dunno, not good at this money thing yet). GM is in deep **** financially. Read the wall street journal every day, ford the last month almost there's been something new, and bad about their situation. Their cars = bad design for the most part. Why buy GM when you can get a better looking car That's much more reliable for just a little more from japan?
what they have done right lately is steal a bigtime advertising guy from for about 2 years ago. He started trying top advertise dodge cars not for the car itself, but for the engine in it, which is a new approach as far as mass market advertising for cars goes. Still, the sales of cars with hemi's in the(and they have been flying off the lot relatively) have to offset mooney loosing cars like the sebring and the neon, they sell these for less than cost to try and increase market share and make the stockholders happy. Ford is in the same boat with it's five hundred sedan(one of the most mediocre pieces of crap i've seen roll off the line....ever i think).
Research into what people want is the last thing they need to do to sell cars. people in general are idiots, they have no idea what they want(i'm in sales, i, of all people know that you have to tell people what they want and why they want it). Focus groups and statistice dilute anything worth while so cars get made for the average american(who i could care less about) with a farm in Idaho, two and a half children, 1.5 cats, and 2.2 dogs. What american car companies need is people that are passionate about cars, passionate about design, and dedicated to advancing both of these thing together, in charge of the car companies in question. Just before the release of the new mustang was the second time ford's board tried to kill the project all together(the first being at the end of the foxbody, early 90's) and Ford The Younger told them to screw themselves, more or less, and made it anyway. The new mustang and hemi equipped cars are what it's all about; classic design, horsepower, and fun!
I want people that understand this to make the cars that will be in my garage. If people don't understand this, if companies don't make these cars, then i'll frigging WALK.
grill delete(thus far my one concession to a mod with looks and no tangible benefit)
soon to come: rear sway bar and holders, cross drilled rotors
one swell foop is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar