Ok, to get this off my chest. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2005, 04:26 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Ok, to get this off my chest.

Found this on a website, just wanted to express my views

Why do people hate America?

1.Naive: America does not know that it is hated

Okay this might be true, but did you go around asking people "Did you know other countries don't like America?" Especially now, people would say, "I'm not surprised." But at the same time, most of us aren't phased about it.

2.History of war:
-Nagasaki & Hiroshima
-Biological Weapons
-The Land Mine Treaty
-The Arms Trade

Ok, I can go on and on about the 2 massive bombs we dropped on Japan and how we warned the people, warned the government, warned until we had no choice and we dropped them. We had just fought the war in Europe, and now we had to go in and fight across the Pacific. The Japanese fought like terrorists, they'd kill themselves to get at us and being caught as POW's, you had a high chance of being killed.. We were testing these Biological weapons, but are we using them now? We know how much damage they can do, if we were still using them I can understand why it would be a problem. As for the Land Mine Treaty and Arms Trade, I can't comment because I have no knowledge on it.

3.Oil, Bush, Kyoto

Oil, you know how many people we have living on this country that drive? I can assure you, our public transportation (at least here in California) sucks. For the moment we use cars... JUST like every other country until we can find an alternative. So you got a better alternative? If not, don't get huffy about us wanting oil. Oh, and stats on the website showed the US contains 4% of the world's population but produces about 25% of all carbon dioxide emissions. By comparison, Britain emits 3% - about the same as India which has 15 times as many people. HOW BIG IS BRITAIN AND INDIA COMPARED TO THE US?

Bush, hell I wasn't happy when it was him and gore on the vote years ago, but Gore had no idea what he was doing, and this year Kerry was too much of a push over to do anything. If it were up to me, find a good man with common sense and I'll vote for him over Bush anyday. And for Kyoto, sorry I don't know 'bout that either.

4.Short term strategies & long term suffering

The polution we give off, to the landmines we left in Korean during the war, to the radiation still in Japan... Like I stated before, if you have a better idea to cut down on oil use and use a better power source give me a call. As for Korea, we aren't in good relations with them and I'm not so sure they'd be willing to let us come back into their area to clean up some mines we left behind during a -war-. As for the radiation in Japan, what else can I say? Move out of the area, don't stay in an area full of radiation? Did England send their people to go help clean up Germany after they bombed them? No? Why the hell not? I'm more than sure they destroyed enough to scar the land.

5.Heavy handed commercial aggression

We send our products everywhere, we want everyone to experience what we have here. We enjoy it, why shouldn't you? If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you do and we keep sending stuff, why complain and ***** about it?

6.Patriotism & Self Righteousness

We love who we are just like any country who loves their country. Plain and simple. We went through a lot to get where we are.

7.World War 2: America is self glorifying?

Ok, the main *****ing about this is how the Americans came and helped defeat the Germans in WW2 but did it in a way that we came during the end of the war (AS he puts it) Our president didn't want to send troops over, he didn't want to participate in a world war. We kept giving supplies to our allies until we were forced to join the war or see our allies be defeated. I know it boils the blood of many when people say "The USA saved Europe", but until YOU accept that without us Europe would be speaking German, get over yourselves. I know there are many people who fought hard, British, French, Russian, we all did our part. I don't know who came up with "The USA saved Europe", the real saying should be "The USA helped saved Europe". But you have to accept, ACCEPT IT that without our coming into the war to help Europe would have been lost.

8.Obesity

Ok, we have some of the hottest people on the planet here, and some of the fattest. The website complains about how we are the richest people on the planet and yet we have a high rate of homeless, illiteracy, and obesity.. but he also mentions legal immigration skews the figures so there ya go on that. Though we may have some of the richest we end up giving money to OTHER countries and not our own. If it was up to me we would be concentrating on ourselves than everyone else. Sorta like what we were doing in World War 2 till we had to join into that and get ourselves into a mess. I would have it so we'd get the homeless off the streets, have better schools, make America better, and do something about our obesity. I agree on that, like many to all Americans would agree that something needs to be done. We don't like it, but at the moment we can't do anything but let people choose do change themselves.

I could say "I don't like England because the people there have bad teeth" How fair is that to any citizen there? It's not, so how does saying "America has fat people in it, I hate it" justify anything?

9.UN criticism of the United States' Children's Rights

Again, if I were in charge I'd make it so we could change it. Doesn't mean America apparently agrees that "It's ok to have kids homeless on our streets"

10.Rape and violent crime statistics - the highest in the modern world?

Ah, with this I'd change it so we would have stricter rules. I'd change it so if you go and rape someone, we cut your reproductive organs off. Why? Stats show if you've done it once, there's a higher chance you'd do it again. Without a cock n balls I doubt you'd wanna do it again then huh? If you steal a car, we take a finger off, do it again and we take your arm off. How many 1 armed car jackers do you know of?

11.Foreign Aid: USA is stingiest of the 22 most developed countries

I won't comment on this until I get better proof, the only thing he has is something Carter talked about during his presidency.

ok there is more but I'm tired, agree or disagree I could careless.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
9.UN criticism of the United States' Children's Rights

You got to be kidding me?

This is the same UN that put China in charge of Human rights and Syria on the Security Council?

**** um

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
i agree... but at the same time i dont believe there is a "good" country out there anyways. government is a necessary evil.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
I am just curious about one thing. I know every keeps claiming we are in iraq for oil and such, but has there been actual proof that we are benefiting from our visit there at all? I have been out of the loop for a while, so I don't know if anything has come out. My thought is this...since everyone is saying we are there for oil, what the hell, let's take the oil. I know my wallet would certainly enjoy a break when I fill up the car with premium.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:54 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah look at our benefits, our oil prices are so low it's insane!

It's ****ing $2.50 a gallon here damn it! :cussing:

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:59 PM   #6
Regular

If I was President France, Germany, Russia and the rest of the UN would be begging for Bush to be back in office.

Reddit
Old 06-21-2005, 03:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

even if we did go for oil i would not ***** cause damn gas is expensive, i say we should steal the oil we are already there anyways.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If I was President France, Germany, Russia and the rest of the UN would be begging for Bush to be back in office.
yes, but your insane and no one would vote for you.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:02 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Well, I have to agree there. I would be a very unpopular guy if I was president. Probably impeached within my first 100 days.

And France, Germany, Canada, Russia, and anyone else that pissed me off would soon become very unhappy once all support from us was pulled out. Only 5 more years...and then I can run. Can't wait. lol
Old 06-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
even if we did go for oil i would not ***** cause damn gas is expensive, i say we should steal the oil we are already there anyways.
I think it should be our payment for bailing their *** out. We should get a cut of the oil produced for freeing them and rebuilding their infrastructure.

And, I would vote for brent. maybe him and I should run on the same ticket...wouldn't matter who was pres and who was vp...we both would think alike...then after 8 years, we could switch spots and hold the office for 16 years.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:05 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I think it should be our payment for bailing their *** out. We should get a cut of the oil produced for freeing them and rebuilding their infrastructure.

And, I would vote for brent. maybe him and I should run on the same ticket...wouldn't matter who was pres and who was vp...we both would think alike...then after 8 years, we could switch spots and hold the office for 16 years.
How old does the vice prez have to be haha

Reddit
Old 06-21-2005, 03:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

id vote for smurfin but brent get drunk way to much to be president. i would not want him to prank call some high military official when he is drunk and have him say, "lets Nuke L.A."
Old 06-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #13
Regular

Quote:
id vote for smurfin but brent get drunk way to much to be president. i would not want him to prank call some high military official when he is drunk and have him say, "lets Nuke L.A."
Werd

Reddit
Old 06-21-2005, 03:13 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
It's the whole WWII thing that bothers me the most. Everyone is so quick to forget that the US used to have a strict policy of isolationism. That is until everyone started ****ing with us. The plain and simple truth is that the US tried to stay out of WWII as long as possible. We didn't step in until absolutely necessary. And had we not stepped in when we did, the entire world (including the US) would be speaking German right now. There would be no such thing as Islam, because anyone without blonde hair and blue eyes would be dead. Seriously, if Germany would have gained complete control of Europe the very next thing they would do (besides holding off Russia in the East) would be to march straight through the Middle East.

Not to mention the fact that after the war was over everyone wanted our help, which we gave them despite the fact that we were still in the middle of a war with Japan. Now everyone wants to complain that we are a superpower that is out for world domination when trying to stop another country from doing exactly what they accuse us of is exactly how we got in this whole mess to begin with.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
I am thinking my past, before i move to BR, I put brent to shame in how much I got drunk...my only difference was it was mostly for free and it was in canadian strip clubs and after hours parties with the girls. Nearly a weekly basis.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:15 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
It's the whole WWII thing that bothers me the most. Everyone is so quick to forget that the US used to have a strict policy of isolationism. That is until everyone started ****ing with us. The plain and simple truth is that the US tried to stay out of WWII as long as possible. We didn't step in until absolutely necessary. And had we not stepped in when we did, the entire world (including the US) would be speaking German right now. There would be no such thing as Islam, because anyone without blonde hair and blue eyes would be dead. Seriously, if Germany would have gained complete control of Europe the very next thing they would do (besides holding off Russia in the East) would be to march straight through the Middle East.

Not to mention the fact that after the war was over everyone wanted our help, which we gave them despite the fact that we were still in the middle of a war with Japan. Now everyone wants to complain that we are a superpower that is out for world domination when trying to stop another country from doing exactly what they accuse us of is exactly how we got in this whole mess to begin with.
That pretty much sums that concept up right there. We get **** when we don't step in...when we do step in, they still complain. It is a catch 22.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph

I dont compalin to much about gas in the states, since I just spent 6 months in italy and its like $6 a gallon there if not more. The states is pretty much one of the cheapest places to get gas.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:57 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Quote:

I would Get rid of those hollywood snobs

I couldn't care less what these other nations say. Most people in the world appreciate what we do anyway. We just hear the bad crap cuz that's what the press wants us to hear.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:59 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
I couldn't care less what these other nations say. Most people in the world appreciate what we do anyway. We just hear the bad crap cuz that's what the press wants us to hear.
exactly, the press will never tell you any "good" news, when I was overseas we got nothing but praise from the italian locals, even when I went to spain and africa the locals always had good things to say about what we are doing right now.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Old 06-21-2005, 04:08 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Ignorant bastard.

*****es because we stick our nose into Iraq, Korea and such then pisses and moans about how we DIDN'T stick our nose into WWII soon enough.

Dumb****er should be rendered sterile.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

^ who exactly are you directing that to

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Old 06-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfire80
Whomever the "he" is in #7 I am sure.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:19 PM   #23
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
werd. I love America, and if you don't, **** you. If you live here and don't like it, go away. Don't stay here and ***** about it. That pisses me off more than anything else. Americans who ***** about America. I would pay for their ticket outta here if they'd go.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:28 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfire80

Whomever wrote the website referred to in the initial post that's who.

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph

WTF are you complaining about, I pay $6 a gallon over here. I'll trade you any day man.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:53 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMustang
WTF are you complaining about, I pay $6 a gallon over here. I'll trade you any day man.

I paid $1.96 a gallon today for regular. 38.3 cents a gallon is tax. Bet you pay the same for the gas but a whole lot more in taxes.

Steve

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:58 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
I paid $1.96 a gallon today for regular. 38.3 cents a gallon is tax. Bet you pay the same for the gas but a whole lot more in taxes.

Steve
Don't remember but it's 60 or 80% tax per liter
Old 06-21-2005, 08:58 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
werd. I love America, and if you don't, **** you. If you live here and don't like it, go away. Don't stay here and ***** about it. That pisses me off more than anything else. Americans who ***** about America. I would pay for their ticket outta here if they'd go.
I have to agree I am in the military fighting for my country and will continue to do so because I love the U.S. and if you don't get the balls to come say it to my face
Mustang anything else is just a wanna be
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9...n123/corn2.gif
Mjcorn23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar