Kuhmo red smoke tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to CCstang2004 Send a message via Yahoo to CCstang2004
Talking Kuhmo red smoke tires

Hey have yall watched that kuhmo red smoke tire video on the homepage, that looks pretty badas* and i want me a set of those tires, lol. IF i get these imma charge people to see me burn rubber, lol. Oh yeah and where in the hel* do you possibly buy these tires if there even out yet?
CCstang2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Uh oh....get ready for the posts on this one...
Old 06-30-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You know you dont have to censor yourself... lol

and yea it is a badass video...

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
somebody is gonna do it so...RE but yes good vid
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

lol well i was just reading a website and this is what they had too say :

“We don’t intend to sell the ECSTA MX-C to the general public,” said KUMHO brand director Rick Brennan. “We built them to demonstrate our forward thinking, technical capabilities and ability to respond quickly to the market.

I mean damn they show us this badass video then they say sumttin like that now that is some BS like i have never seen, lol. But i seriously do want a set of those tires. I also red that they are making it where the tires produce blue smoke aswell, which hey thats even better it will match my car, hahahah.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:31 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
I got to watch these in person at the ford nationals at carlisle this past june, all I can say is badass.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ok i know they are saying that you cant purchase these tires but there is sumone out there bound to have a set of these tires that they want too sell. ( im just hoping )
Old 06-30-2005, 02:38 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
I dont like wasting tires like that.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Oh im not going to waste my tires like they did on that video i mean that was pretty stupid but it was cool, And thats when sumone comes up and is like burn some rubber you say how much money you have, lol
Old 06-30-2005, 02:55 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness
enjuku racing's drift car is the one that made it popular. i love it and its a nice change to see on the drift circuit other than white smoke
Old 06-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ok well do you know where i can get me a set tedness?
Old 06-30-2005, 03:21 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

hmmm i'll contact the guys at enjuku see if they can deal them.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:27 PM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
You know, with the rice market the way it is, you would think they would be selling these things. The ricers would eat these up...granted, 2/3 of them wouldn't be able to spin their tires to generate smoke, but they would still buy these up.

Hell, I wouldn't mid a set just for the fact that it is different and would let me put on some cool smoke shows since I have the power to do so. Not selling these seems like a goofy choice to me...
Old 06-30-2005, 04:00 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Lol yeah i have to agree with ya on that one all these little ricers that run around columbus GA think they are so bad, and i will be the first too admitt i have had my few choice *** whoppins by a ricers, lol. BUt they would love these tirs.

Thank tedness just let me know how much you get them for so i can check the bank and go from there cause my parents just used well over 500,000 of my money too pay off bills and buy a new house.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:44 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

500,000...pesos?
Old 06-30-2005, 06:11 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
No the reason is simple under the 2007 Clinton Gore emissions and air quality law signed before clinton left office make the government able to fine for producing any particles in the air. That is Farm equipment that kick up drit and debris in a field or Smoke from a fire or burning up your tires. So noone is going to sell these tires and set themselves to be sued by pissant ecco nuts. As long as they are kept in the professional car circuit shows and not in the streets of our major cities there will be little complaints
Old 06-30-2005, 06:13 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
No the reason is simple under the 2007 Clinton Gore emissions and air quality law signed before clinton left office make the government able to fine for producing any particles in the air. That is Farm equipment that kick up drit and debris in a field or Smoke from a fire or burning up your tires. So noone is going to sell these tires and set themselves to be sued by pissant ecco nuts. As long as they are kept in the professional car circuit shows and not in the streets of our major cities there will be little complaints
Good job wonder willie. Not only did he make it harder for my wife to get into this country from canada...he did this wonderful piece of work. Woot for slick willie...
Old 06-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
You know, with the rice market the way it is, you would think they would be selling these things. The ricers would eat these up...granted, 2/3 of them wouldn't be able to spin their tires to generate smoke, but they would still buy these up.

Hell, I wouldn't mid a set just for the fact that it is different and would let me put on some cool smoke shows since I have the power to do so. Not selling these seems like a goofy choice to me...

might be a little hard for an open differential'd v6 mustang to smoke them too

not just ricers that are underpowered. The V6 mustang wasn't a horsepower god either.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:39 PM   #19
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey

not just ricers that are underpowered. The V6 mustang wasn't a horsepower god either.
Right, but, I can see things like these being a very hot ticket item for the rice posers out there. Sure, there are imports with enough HP/TQ to do some burnouts, but I am talking about the F&F rice jockey club with more stickers on their car than cubic inches in their engine. The posers that think they have to have that 16" wing on the back of their perfectly stock neon/civic/subaru/etc. That is the crowd I see jumping all over these.

I am sure other "non ricers" would buy them as well, as I said I would consider it, but I think the largest market share would be in the poser group....followed closely by those that participate in drifting consistently.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #20
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey

My 95 smoked tires just fine with an open differential....

Reddit
Old 06-30-2005, 09:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
My 95 smoked tires just fine with an open differential....
Tire should not be plural in that sentence.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:45 PM   #22
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
Tire should not be plural in that sentence.
actual once you do a brake stand the other tire will start spinning as well

Reddit
Old 06-30-2005, 10:00 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
actual once you do a brake stand the other tire will start spinning as well

Actually that is impossible. There are no mechanism to lock up both axles. As a matter of fact on a T-lok or posi trac, if one tire breaks loose before the other only one will spin and the other wont lock up until power is reduced and both wheels are rotating the same speed again.

That is the design of limited slip, to slip if ever one tire starts to out spin the other.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:15 PM   #24
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Not if he was only rolling forward really slow... Then his other tire would spin. Really slow.

And it could burn tires. Especially since when he got done with one, he had to put another tire on.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:17 PM   #25
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Actually that is impossible. There are no mechanism to lock up both axles. As a matter of fact on a T-lok or posi trac, if one tire breaks loose before the other only one will spin and the other wont lock up until power is reduced and both wheels are rotating the same speed again.

That is the design of limited slip, to slip if ever one tire starts to out spin the other.
I have had people stand behind me in my 95 and watched both wheels spin... so I dunno just going by own experience.

Reddit
Old 06-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
yeh ive seen my friends 00 v6 5spd brake them both loose when he power breaks it, its weird though cuz it only seems to work on certain pavement lol
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:28 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I have had people stand behind me in my 95 and watched both wheels spin... so I dunno just going by own experience.

One wheel is driving the other is along for the ride as long as there is no resistance. If you are on dirt or slick wet asphalt you might get both wheels to spin but again I can bet you have not seen 2 rubber marks on dry rough asphalt.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:39 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah you talk about a V6 with an open differential not being able to lay some rubber well i guess imma have too get me a good video of my car gettin some smoke. I mean it was funny one day i had my friend trent in the car with me and brother joe and a couple more buddies behind me i lit the tires up right next to the factory in dowtown columbus,GA and i didnt know there top windows where open and i sat the fire alarm off so dont tell me a V6 open diffrential cant lay some rubber.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Oh i have had both of my tires break loose and rip some good ones but like danger said its all about what kinda weather conditions i.e rain or asphault that your car is on, i had both of mine break loose when i was sittin on some brand new laid down asphault and lets just say little scary. lol
Old 07-01-2005, 12:01 AM   #30
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCstang2004
Yeah you talk about a V6 with an open differential not being able to lay some rubber well i guess imma have too get me a good video of my car gettin some smoke. I mean it was funny one day i had my friend trent in the car with me and brother joe and a couple more buddies behind me i lit the tires up right next to the factory in dowtown columbus,GA and i didnt know there top windows where open and i sat the fire alarm off so dont tell me a V6 open diffrential cant lay some rubber.
uh I thought you have a 8.8

Reddit
Old 07-01-2005, 12:58 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

wasnt talking about my 2004 mustang that i own now i was talkin about the 2000 mustang V6 that i had before this one that i totaled out really really hard, if you want to see some of the pics let me know cause i think i still have them aroudn the house.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:05 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Well here are the accident pics of my 2000 mustang that i was talking about, that set that alarm off in that building.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	9817  
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2005, 01:08 AM   #33
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Holy crap dude. Are those the biggest pics you have?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:12 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

RETURNING TO THE TOPIC AT HAND

i contacted my buddy at enjuku (the first to use the redsmoke in competition) and he said the redsmokes are only competition tires at the moment and aren't for sale retail.

that is unless you can find someone who got their hands on them.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:26 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah those are the biggest pics i have at the moment. Lets just say i flipped that car about 4 times and hit a gurad rail and it came throught the door and it missed my head by 4 inches and turned and went out the back window, but once the car actually came too a dead stop and decided to bounce me around like a pinball with a seatbelt on i busted my head on the drivers side window and broke it out and then the bouncing off the window of the head made my head go to the right and i smacked the guard rail so im pretty messed up still from this accident but very lucky too still be alive.

Man that has to suck tedness i wanted a set of those tires too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar