Bite me once...shame on you... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Bite me once...shame on you...

bite me twice...shame on me...now a third bite? come on, this is getting a bit on the rediculous side don't you agree?

If you don't know what I am talking about, there has been a 3rd shark attack in one week. ==> http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161358,00.html

Don't we think we may want to stay out of the deeper areas around the beach for a little while? I mean come on...obviously the bull sharks are on the prowl along the beaches in the Gulf...and overly active. It might be time to use some sense here people...and stay closer to shore.
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
yea, and we'll be in Jacksonville in a couple weeks :pnoid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
yea, and we'll be in Jacksonville in a couple weeks :pnoid:
Yeah, but Jacks isn't in the gulf...it is on the atlantic side. These bull sharks seem to be really active on the gulf side right now...3 attacks in a week.
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Hey, I hope people think that the sharks are everywhere. Less ppl at the beach is fine with me.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:14 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
The latest incident was about 280 miles from an attack Monday on a 16-year-old boy who lost his leg and about 350 miles from the spot where a 14-year-old girl was killed Saturday. This time of year Bull Sharks are laying pups. The problem is the girl that died was beyond the sand bar, over 100 yds from shore in water way over her head, that is natural protection from large sharks. The kid who lost his leg was fishing in waist deep water with bait fish around him which attracts sharks. This new one is not yet known what type of shark. People swimming just dont realize how close sharks are when they are swimming. From Gulf Shores Alabama to Clearwater FL the water is so clear you can see 20-30 feet down. You need to stay aware and never swim if there is bait fish in the water and if you all of the sudden you have bait fish around you get out IMMEDIATELY!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

^ Right...stop putting yourself in their area. Three in 1 week would be enough to convince me to watch what I am doing. To stay out of their domains. hell, after the first one, I believe I would have been watching my ***, specially when I am only a few miles away (the kid that lost the leg)...and even if I am 300 miles away, because I am still in the same body of water.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:48 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
They keep on saying "its an isolated incident" "we are not in the Sharks' food chain" , but hell you would think people would take a hint after the second attack. It is not worth risking your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:13 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
They keep on saying "its an isolated incident" "we are not in the Sharks' food chain" , but hell you would think people would take a hint after the second attack. It is not worth risking your life.
Sharks do typically bit things just to see if it is food. That is why most bites from sharks single bites unless it is a really large shark like a Great white or Tiger sharks. Bull sharks are very aggressive and tempermental sharks. They like to bite stuff and go.

But you cant live in fear. The fact is douring the summer there are probably 300,000 people every day on the beaches from Gulf shores to Clear water and only 3 in 3 weekends have been bit when at the same time there will be 30 people headed to the beach that will die in car accidents just trying to get to the water.

Shark attacks prey on our primal fears about monsters from the deep, things unseen and jaws. I have been swimming in the Gulf of Mexico my whole life and have never seen anyone attack yet I have seen sharks while swimming and I get the hell out of the water, never swim with baitfish around and I never go past the bars while swimming or on a raft because dangling legs look to tempting to sharks. Stay close to other people and always maintain a safe distance to shore. Always look and monitor the surrounding. whatch for dark shadows in the water and baitfish jumping. If a fish small fish jumps out of the water near you it is not because they are happy. Someting is chasing it. it is probably a blue fish or other small fish but you never know. Be safe and get out.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:12 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
we need roy schneider from jaws to go out there and kick some shark ***.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
yea, more people die a year by donkeys than sharks... hmmm Just dont go out in the water that far... omg if you go out there then its your own fault....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:42 PM   #11
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
^ Some woman at work had a donkey grab her ponytail and throw her a good 15 feet. Crushed vertebrates in her neck, had to have surgery.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:44 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
yea, more people die a year by donkeys than sharks... hmmm Just dont go out in the water that far... omg if you go out there then its your own fault....
and when you hear of one attack after another after another...it might be time to pay attention to where you are. Like Danger said...look for things...if stuff is jumping around you, it may not be a good thing.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:47 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
...so the REAL culprit is DONKEYS.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar