woot piece of good news - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
woot piece of good news

I lost 30 pounds in 3 or 4 weeks. Apparently, the scale at work isn't meant to measure "low weight"... and can be off by like 50 pounds at weights under 1,000 lbs. So for 3 weeks I was getting mad about how I wasn't hardly losing any weight. I was walking outside, then jogging, then running. It's been 90+ degrees for the last 12 days at my house, so I sweat off a lot... but the scale at work would say maybe .5 pounds. Then, when I went to the doctor's for my tonsilitus, they weighed me... 246, instead of the 276 I weighed before I started work.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
good job bro

you do anything to change your diet? that was the #1 thing that made me drop weight, i was about 220, and im down to about 165, in a matter of 4 months

arcade dance games, my bike, and change in diet
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
yeah, I started working 50.5 hours a week in a plastic factory for my summer job, so it's 92 without the heat from the machines, and I only eat 2 meals a day, and then my "break snacks". I went to a ham sandwich on wheat bread. I also cut out pop for the most part, I will still have some, but not like I used to. I drink a lot more water and lemonade now.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
good man

whatll happen, youll lose a little bit of weight, then next thing you know, youll drop a large amount

i dropped like 10 pounds, then a month later i was 165

keep it consistant, and dont starve yourself, youll do good
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:45 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
nice.. congrats man.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:52 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i just saved over 200 in car insurance for switching FROM Geico.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I guess two meals with a snack at work isnt bad, but you should try to eat 3 square meals a day...as long as breakfast is one of your two. I also heard that orange juice is really good for jump starting your metabolism in the morning if any1 didnt know that....i found it interesting. Looks like that XXL you ordered from whitestang isnt going to fit lol
The Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:02 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

oh yes it will, I am thick throughout my entire body ... it will look good, and the more weight I lose, the better it will look. Plus, I love how black looks on me
I can wear XL's pretty easy, but sometimes I don't like to suck in all the time... and even though I don't have to suck much, it gets to be a hassle

Old 07-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I can't gain weight...
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:04 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I can't gain weight...
Be glad. Just don't get too used to it. I was the same way. After high school I started picking it up slowly. I'm probably 30 pounds over what I weighed when I graduated. The only problem is, all the weight gain is located right on the stomach. It's my beer reservior.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:30 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

congrats, but what you did is not healthy. The body shouldn't lose more than 1-2lbs a week. The rapid fluxuations in weight can reek havoc on the heart and lungs. You lost 30lbs in less than a month. Your heart hasnt had time to adapt to the new blood flow requirements, nor has your lungs with your oxygen requirements. The worst part is the rebound. People who tend to drop a lot of weight rapidly also start yo-yo dieting because of the quick weight loss, but then a quick weight gain a month or so afterwards. So your heart and lungs got used to the thinner you, but then gained weight again, and messed with them. That is why yo-yo dieting is so bad for you.

That being said. As long as you eat healthy and continue to exercise, congrats. I lost 50lbs of fat and gained 10lb of muscle in the course of 6 weeks about 5-6yrs ago. I have kept most of that weight off to this day. I am back to the original body weight, but i was working out 5-6 days a week at one point and gained about 20-30 lbs of muscle that I have maintained.

Just keep healthy and keep shedding the weight. Remember to drink plety of water to keep yourself hydrated and keep the skin elasticized (so you wont get stretch marks from losing weight really quickly).
Old 07-03-2005, 10:10 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wasn't dieting when I lost the weight. I just cut a meal out, because I have to sleep a little more to get the same quality of sleep because I moved to night shift... and I figured I was eating 3 sandwiches at work anyway. I drink 1 gallon of water at work every night, and then more at home.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:36 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

congrats, i need to lose some weight and get back into running. I was bored at work and climbed up on our shipping scale i weigh 193.5. thats getting close to pushing the limits for the AF....now the sad part is, I weighed 170 before going to basic. dropped to about 150 in basic. then over the past couple years slowly gained it all plus some back.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:15 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Cutting a meal out = dieting.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrATEX
congrats, i need to lose some weight and get back into running. I was bored at work and climbed up on our shipping scale i weigh 193.5. thats getting close to pushing the limits for the AF....now the sad part is, I weighed 170 before going to basic. dropped to about 150 in basic. then over the past couple years slowly gained it all plus some back.
Same here, was 190 b4 bootcamp then dropped to 179 then shot up to 210. After getting discharged I went up to 280. I'm 205 now and trying to get back into the military.

1991 5.0 lx conv. auto, black. Full saleen body kit, cold air intake, msd ignition, flowmasters, off road h-pipe, underdrive pulleys, trickflow intake, trickflow stage 1 cam, 190 lph fuel pump, 30 lbs injectors, 73mm mass air.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/gall...0632_thumb.jpg
saleen0027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

yes, I cut a meal, however, I replaced it with sandwiches... which would almost equal a meal, they're just spread out. Eating over a longer period of time leads to less over eating, and a smaller stomach, so you get more full faster, which helps you to lose weight also.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
yes, I cut a meal, however, I replaced it with sandwiches... which would almost equal a meal, they're just spread out. Eating over a longer period of time leads to less over eating, and a smaller stomach, so you get more full faster, which helps you to lose weight also.
and keeps your metabolism going thruought the day.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:02 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
running is great...i'm moving from ~30 miles a week to 40 over the next couple of weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:04 PM   #19
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
and keeps your metabolism going thruought the day.
That's kinda like that whole if you eat breakfast it's easier to lose weight. Since breakfast kick starts the metabolism. I was arguing with somebody about that the other day. They couldn't comprehend that sometimes eating something can in some way help you to lose weight.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #20
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

i have heard that eating six smaller meals a day are better than eating 3 large ones a day. I guess that goes with the whole metabolism thing.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar