Another Attack on London - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Another Attack on London

http://www.foxnews.com/
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2005, 01:57 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
i guess the british government didn't react like the terrorists wanted them to.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
luckily no one was killed in this one. That bus bomb went off early they think, and officials were able to disable other bombs that were set to detonate later. I think god was on the peoples side for this one.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Evidently these new guys were not the bomb makers the other were because none of the bombs appeared to go off like they were suppose to. I guess they are not having good luck with finding good recruits because these guys must have come from the local Special Ed school!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 02:22 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois
Were they trying to blow up a short bus ???
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Were they trying to blow up a short bus ???

Robert Ayers (search), a security analyst at Chatham House in London, said that he believed that the same group was behind both attacks.

"All along I've been saying that you had four guys that died [in the July 7 bombings], but the infrastructure that trained them, equipped them, funded them, pointed them at the right target the infrastructure's still in place, still here," he told the Reuters news agency.

For more, go to these FOX News partners: Sky News | The Times of London | The Sun

But if the same group was involved, the obvious question was why the first wave of attacks was so professional and deadly, and the second was apparently so amateur, continued Mr. Ayers, a former U.S. intelligence official.

He pointed out that police had recovered unused explosives from various sites, including a rental car abandoned by bombers at Luton (search). Police carried out 10 controlled explosions on the rental car in the Luton station parking lot before they placed it on a flatbed truck and took it away.

"One speculation I've had all along is that they left those explosives in the car for another group to pick up and carry out a second attack, but when they got there the car had already been taken over by the police, so they have had to cobble something together fairly quickly," he said.

"From what I've been able to gather, either the bombs themselves are very, very small compared to two weeks ago, or they've got a manufacturing problem and only the detonators are going off, and not the primary charge. They're certainly using explosives that aren't nearly as powerful."

Experts agreed that there were two explanations for today's attack. The first, more benign, is that the attacks were carried out by "imitative amateurs" inspired by the July 7 blasts. The second, more worrying, was that the same group behind the suspected Al Qaeda-linked attackers had struck again.

That would show that, far from exhausting its strike potential, the group was capable of causing fresh havoc despite heightened security precautions and a high state of alert among both the police and public. It also would show that the group could readily mobilize fresh operatives perhaps even would-be suicide bombers to follow the example of the four bombers who blew themselves up.

Michael Clarke, a security expert at King's College London (search), told Reuters: "The more we know about the bomb attack two weeks ago, the more skillful it looks, well planned the people behind it know what they're doing."

Prof. Paul Rogers, of Bradford University (search), agreed that the second wave of attacks was an "ominous" development. He said: "It implies there might be another cell primed and ready to attack. The one ominous thing is that this appears to be a group of a similar nature to the previous July 7 bombers."

Prof. Rogers said, however, that the apparent failure of the devices to detonate on the Underground lines would provide investigating teams with crucial evidence for the earlier attacks.

He said: "The level of forensic evidence will be extremely high, much higher than last time. They will have the devices and much can be done to them in terms of fingerprinting, DNA, the origin of the detonators and where the bags were bought. If this was a series of dummies deliberately timed to cause mass panic, then it puts the people responsible at considerable risk of being found."

Professor David Capitanchik, a terrorism expert based at Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland, warned that today's explosions may have been "amateurish" devices deliberately aimed at emergency services who arrive at the scene. He said eyewitness reports of small explosions in a backpack could indicate that they were not intended to explode properly until they had been recovered.

"It appears as if the detonators have gone off, but reports indicate a much more amateurish-made device than the bombs two weeks ago," he said.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
hah n00bs.

seriously glad though nobody got hurt this time.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I saw this this morning on fox news when I woke up. Sucks...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:26 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
local Special Ed school!!!!!!
i know this has nothing to do with the bombings but i just want to say i have a very deep distaste for comments like this. B/c im ADD as well as Dyslexic, now i did well in school with little to no help, i got a nice score on my SATs but some people are much worse off, and i was in a special ED program even though i took regular courses and went to one of the hardest school systems in the nation. so please dont make comments like this. and im not singleing you out just that so many people on this board make comments like this and im tired of reading them. please dont flame me or make fun of anyone with these issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:09 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Dont be so uptight about what I said. My niece is in special ed. But lets face it I AM NOT into polittical correctness. If you can laugh about natural things well sorry. I never knew you were ADD and who would. That is why it should not bother you. What I said was not directed to anyone but a bunch of idiot Muslims
But am I to worry about there feelings also. I will apologize to you if the statement offended you but it was not for you.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:22 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
o i know you were not punching at me, i understand that. but im tired of people making jokes like that, and people, unless i tell them, never know i am. so why is it that very one thinks special ed means some one is an idiot? i am not a very uptight guy, i would laugh if it just didnt hit so close to home and i didnt catch crap from people like this. very few people know this about me and then they make jokes about how special ed kids are idiots and then they wonder why im not laughing...im just trying to make people more aware of it thats all. Corey, i understand ur not making fun of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar