Good or Bad? You decide - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:14 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Good or Bad? You decide

So, how bad would this plot have really been? I think it would have been a good thing for the US in the long run. Sure, it would have killed people, but, I think it might have helped clean some people up and maybe helped our war on Drugs. The Columbians, however, felt it was a bad thing for business. lol.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163633,00.html
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-26-2005, 12:24 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
wow haha... i can see it now... "bin ladin: my antidrug" commercials
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
V6STANG007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,657
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
I don't think it would have cleaned anybody up, an adict is an adict, they would not stop for fear of being poisoned. they think they'll dye if they stop taking the dammed drug. And even if the Colobians would have gone out of business, another group would have risen. that's just the nature of organized crime.
__________________
Jorge ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-26-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Thats crazy **** right.

Quote:
And even if the Colobians would have gone out of business, another group would have risen. that's just the nature of organized crime
I dunno how fast another group would have risen considering that they have masses of land that they grow these crops at. Unlike all the others.
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:37 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
I don't think it would have cleaned anybody up, an adict is an adict, they would not stop for fear of being poisoned. they think they'll dye if they stop taking the dammed drug. And even if the Colobians would have gone out of business, another group would have risen. that's just the nature of organized crime.
And if they are an addict, and get ahold of the tainted stuff, they will be cleaned up by default. Therefore, the number of users would go down. With users being removed from the gene pool, potential users may think twice about it. Same probably holds true for social users, if there is such a thing as far as cocain goes.

Needless to say, one by one, users will be removed from society. To me, this is a good thing as I don't really have much sympathy for drug users. Might even help some crime rates...at least the ones related to cocain like robbery and such.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Needless to say, one by one, users will be removed from society. To me, this is a good thing as I don't really have much sympathy for drug users. Might even help some crime rates...at least the ones related to cocain like robbery and such.
Eh thats a thing of the past man. These days crimes related to drugs have to do with a dealer vs dealer type of situations now user vs society.
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
And if they are an addict, and get ahold of the tainted stuff, they will be cleaned up by default. Therefore, the number of users would go down. With users being removed from the gene pool, potential users may think twice about it. Same probably holds true for social users, if there is such a thing as far as cocain goes.

Needless to say, one by one, users will be removed from society. To me, this is a good thing as I don't really have much sympathy for drug users. Might even help some crime rates...at least the ones related to cocain like robbery and such.
You might think it solves a problem by killing off the druggies but it not like that at all Street wise people would be aware of the problem immediately. Then you have drug dealer without a drop of moral fiber selling to first time school kids.

So you think a innocent kid should die for trying something once that he did under peer pressure to do!!!!! Tell that to the millions of parent of kids who try drugs once and never try it again. Most kids try some form of drug once. Should they die for it !!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:41 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
V6STANG007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,657
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
And if they are an addict, and get ahold of the tainted stuff, they will be cleaned up by default. Therefore, the number of users would go down. With users being removed from the gene pool, potential users may think twice about it. Same probably holds true for social users, if there is such a thing as far as cocain goes.

Needless to say, one by one, users will be removed from society. To me, this is a good thing as I don't really have much sympathy for drug users. Might even help some crime rates...at least the ones related to cocain like robbery and such.
I don't believe killing users is the answer to the drug problem. And even if there was an actual 'fear" of cocaine. users would move to the next drug of choice. or lets imagine no one ever uses cocaine again, you think this would end the drug business? what about heroin, methanphetamine, not to mention the abuse of legal drugs, or even one of our biggest problems X or ecstasy. that last one is maunly produced in the netherlands, u think their business would be affected? don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
..I dunno how fast another group would have risen considering that they have masses of land that they grow these crops at. Unlike all the others.
Hahaha the primary producers of Cocaine might be Colombia. But much of the coca leave is grown in Peru and Bolivia. The product is there , the demand will be there. If colombia were out of the picture that would just mean an open market free of competition for another group. supply and demand. very simple.
__________________
Jorge ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
I was only refering to the cocain business. I know there are other drugs out there. If this plan were put into place, and users were wiped out and coke was deemed too threatening to use, and everyone switched to any one of the other options, do you not think that bone head would also switch his plan over? The dude's a psyco, but I think he would be smart enough to move on to the next drug.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I was only refering to the cocain business. I know there are other drugs out there. If this plan were put into place, and users were wiped out and coke was deemed too threatening to use, and everyone switched to any one of the other options, do you not think that bone head would also switch his plan over? The dude's a psyco, but I think he would be smart enough to move on to the next drug.
No they would not be wiped out. When it was distributed at the top of the chain they would know about it instantly when they sampled the stuff. So before it hit the streets the drug lords would know and then only the most mentally disturbed wacko would put it on the streets. Really only the most hard up and newbees would die
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
No they would not be wiped out. When it was distributed at the top of the chain they would know about it instantly when they sampled the stuff. So before it hit the streets the drug lords would know and then only the most mentally disturbed wacko would put it on the streets. Really only the most hard up and newbees would die
Its funny you say something like this about a 2 months ago or so back home there was a large shipment of herion from NYC that was totally bad that were killing people left and right and i swear by two days it was totally off the streets to the point where the cops got a package and in the package was the rest of the herion they were trying to get off the streets.

Drug Lords > Cops


V6Stang - and who do you think owns those fields in Peru. I really doubt that the cartels would let something so needful for their product just be. Not saying other Cartels wont take the chance but they must be already claimed for.
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:06 AM   #12
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Nah, probably not a good thing. I wouldn't mind cocaine not being a problem anymore, but it ain't gonna happen like that. I have relatives who are addicted to this ****, and have very little sympathy for them.

If Colombians go out of business, it would probably start a gang war, but 2 years max from the time Colombians dissapear, it'll be back to normal as far as American coke buying is concerned.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:09 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i find it strange that bin laden would actually believe that the columbian drug cartel would be dumb enough to kill off its customers. thats corporate suicide. that would be like bill gates killing off all of his programmers.

and seriously, would the US really care if all our crackheads started dying off? hell no, wed be giving him props for cleaning up our riff raff. my ghetto would be a better place afterwards.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:45 AM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
No, it would be more like Bill Gates killing of all his customers, his end-users. Everybody, but back on point, coke dealers killing coke heads (in essence) would be like Bill Gates killing his consumers, not his programmers. That would be like coke dealers killing drug dealers.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:38 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
V6STANG007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,657
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
...
V6Stang - and who do you think owns those fields in Peru...
The "fields" in Peru and Bolivia are usually owned by poor farmers, who due to lack of resources to market any other crop, see an opportunity to gain income by cultivating the coca plant. Because the “drug lords” will go to them to purchase their crop. That is why it’s so difficult for law enforcement to get them to stop growing it. The Colombian govt has ceded territory to the guerilla in other to negotiate peace, the guerilla uses the drug business to finance their "movement" and grow the crops in their territory which in turn sell it for the production of cocaine.
__________________
Jorge ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
The "fields" in Peru and Bolivia are usually owned by poor farmers, who due to lack of resources to market any other crop, see an opportunity to gain income by cultivating the coca plant. Because the “drug lords” will go to them to purchase their crop. That is why it’s so difficult for law enforcement to get them to stop growing it. The Colombian govt has ceded territory to the guerilla in other to negotiate peace, the guerilla uses the drug business to finance their "movement" and grow the crops in their territory which in turn sell it for the production of cocaine.
I think you know a little bit to much about this but good stuff
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:46 AM   #17
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Hey, Jorge, what's the name of that place in Colombia and I think Panama too where they've ceded the land to the drug lords?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:58 AM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Actually, I think if this plan were to have taken place, it wouldn't have been the drug lords and their chain of sellers that would have sold the stuff. I would think that binny boy would have planted his own dealers and sold the stuff that way. His dealers would be sick enough to do it. Hell, they are willing to kill themselves, I am sure there is no way they would turn down something with a low chance of death.

I think this plan would have been a nice thing. But, like I said, I have no sympathy for druggies. It would have removed various users and maybe scared off a few potentials. The total crack heads would probably be the most prominent group killed off. Which, really isn't a bad thing in my mind. It would just put them out of their misery.

However, like Nick stated, it would be very bad business for the columbians, or whomever decided to provide the product. I don't think this plan would have had the terrorizing effect that would have been desired, except in the coke using community.

Oh well, I figured I would see if anyone else thought this plan would have done more good than harm. I guess I kinda got that answer. lol
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
V6STANG007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,657
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Actually, I think if this plan were to have taken place, it wouldn't have been the drug lords and their chain of sellers that would have sold the stuff. I would think that binny boy would have planted his own dealers and sold the stuff that way. His dealers would be sick enough to do it. Hell, they are willing to kill themselves, I am sure there is no way they would turn down something with a low chance of death.

I think this plan would have been a nice thing. But, like I said, I have no sympathy for druggies. It would have removed various users and maybe scared off a few potentials. The total crack heads would probably be the most prominent group killed off. Which, really isn't a bad thing in my mind. It would just put them out of their misery.

However, like Nick stated, it would be very bad business for the columbians, or whomever decided to provide the product. I don't think this plan would have had the terrorizing effect that would have been desired, except in the coke using community.

Oh well, I figured I would see if anyone else thought this plan would have done more good than harm. I guess I kinda got that answer. lol
Killing off some druggies would not run the Colombians out of business,and would not be any big victory on the war on drugs. I mean even when Pablo Escobar was killed and the Cali and Medellin Cartels went down, Colombia continued on producing and exporting cocaine, the major cartels went down, all that happened was that the people involved resturctured the organization, smaller cartels created alliances and continued to be in business. And even if Cocaine would dissapear for some miraculous reason, Colombia is already a big source of poppys (heroin)


Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
Hey, Jorge, what's the name of that place in Colombia and I think Panama too where they've ceded the land to the drug lords?
can't say I know for sure. I know is in the Andes right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
I think you know a little bit to much about this but good stuff
:pnoid:
__________________
Jorge ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #20
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
It's the Darien region I think. I remember now. I did something with that region at a National Youth Leadership Forum.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:29 PM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Well, I am not saying that it would put the columbians out of business. They said it would put them out of business. I am just saying it would be nice to weed out some of the druggies in this country. would it solve the problem? Probably not completely, but, even if it prevented just one crack baby from being born, it would be very much worth it. I just figured his plan was more good than terror...IMO.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Good The Bad And The Evil EVILUTION GhosT New Member Introductions & Greetings 25 12-23-2007 09:07 PM
when good drifting goes bad: Thomas91169 Pictures and Videos 9 06-15-2007 02:47 PM
A good side to my bad luck PureVenom The Bar 4 10-05-2005 12:44 PM
good day turned bad sonic04edge The Bar 15 08-25-2005 03:25 PM
Lighning Audio??? Good Or Bad? Funky4.6VERT Mustang Audio & Video 22 08-23-2004 09:13 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.