just beat a 5.0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

just beat a 5.0

coming home from work about 30min ago i get stopped at a light and behind a 94-95 gt. the guy has takes off rather quickly off the line and i get into the right lane to pass (45mph). at this time, i see that i am not passing him anymore so i go from about 3/4 throttle to full throttle and walk by him. i look at him as i pass and see his g/f (i'm assuming) is in the car with him. as i walk by, i wink at his girl. from 45-100 i put about 1 1/2-2 cars on him. so about 5min up the road i get back on side of him again b/c after that run he sped up to about 110 and ran about a mile ahead of me. he slowed down and i got on side of him up the road and he held up 5 fingers and the made a zero with them saying "five o, five o" and then i told him "i just got a 6" when i said this, his jaw DROPPED. i guess he thought i had a gt dispite the "232" trunk emblem and the single exhaust. so i ask if he wants to run again. we go again with him about a car in front of me (i was behind him and when he went i got over and got on it)at 45 and from 45-110 (where i let off) i had 2 cars on him. when i went around the second time, his look of amazement was hilarious. so the same result as the first race occured. the pull was more in the higher end. i made a right turn about 2 miles up the road and we departed with a hand wave.

i had a very very very slight pull from 45, but when we got up to around 65-70, i pulled a little harder and it stayed that way. i am assuming he's an auto since i am an auto and won, also assuming he's stock too. the only bad thing is that i couldnt record it, i was pissed when i didnt have my camera. but its cool, a guy i work with has a 97 gt (dont know if its 100% stock though) but i am gonna get him to run and record that.

just thought i'd share my story with y'all

*5.0 gt, 45-110.........put 2 cars on him...............TWICE*
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2005, 03:59 PM   #2

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Old 07-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
wow he really cant drive...

id get flamed if I posted all the 94-05 v6s id killed..
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
wow he really cant drive...
so you think that a more than likely stock 11 yr old 94 5.0 with 215/300 at the crank that weighs more and had a passenger and more than likely an auto, would beat an 04 auto with a few bolt ons?

if he missed a shift (if it was a manual) dont you think he would have said something when i got on side of him before the second run?
Old 07-26-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
so you think that a more than likely stock 11 yr old 94 5.0 with 215/300 at the crank that weighs more and had a passenger and more than likely an auto, would beat an 04 auto with a few bolt ons?

if he missed a shift (if it was a manual) dont you think he would have said something when i got on side of him before the second run?
ah,didnt see it was a 94-95 but still...as you wrote it the first "race" dont even sound lik ehe knew u were racing, u passed him, i do that all the time..so i guess i beat everyone. I dont see the point of going 100-110mph thats more stupid than anything your not proving nothing going that fast, just makes a louder sound when ya smack something...

and a stock 11 year old 5.0 still should of beat for the shear fact it has more torque,etc...my 17 y/o 5.0 beat a 05 v6 5spd I only had a catback on at the time..that gave me what 1.5hp?
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Old 07-26-2005, 04:45 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

btw im not going to sit here and argue with you over something stupid. if ya wanna beat the car and it actually mean something, goto the track.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I pull on 94-97 gt's all the time...what's so special about it?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:03 PM   #8

I beat a Civic yesterday
Old 07-26-2005, 05:12 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
04, how dare you post something like this. So what if it was your first time beating one of them...you think just because they have 2 more cylinders they are faster? /sarcasm lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
I dont see the point of going 100-110mph thats more stupid than anything your not proving nothing going that fast, just makes a louder sound when ya smack something...
For some reason, I was hit it a fit of laughter after reading that. lol

Oh yeah, and I tend to pull on 94-97's as well....and beat civics too.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

i'm not arugining with you either. i just wanted you to expand a little on your statement.

i thought he was racing the first time b/c when i got into the left lane to pass, i wasnt pulling anymore until i went WOT. i wasnt trying to race him at that point either, i was just gonna get on side of him and give the "wanna run?" look. i wasnt expecting him to get on it either. notice how i said that "i noticed that i am not passing him anymore, so i jump on it" which dentoes that if (according to you) he were racing, he went before me.

but lets just go with your logic and say he wasnt racing the first time. what about the second time, after i asked if he wanted to go and he agreed? what about when i jumped on it right after he did and pulled him in the second race? i think that if he werent racing the first time, he would be the second time.

remember, i am modded while he was more than likely a stock auto.

and weather permitting, i do plan on goin to the track and getting some times. i dont really like goin to the track though given that i had a bad experience my first time running there earlier in the year. but i want to go to see how much of a difference my programmer did. with the programmer, i did a 0-90 run and got to 90 in 13-14 seconds (given the ending time of the vid). i couldnt even TRAP at 90 in 16 seconds when i went to the track. i know that the track time is more accurate than the video time, but its not gonna be 2-3 seconds off. if i can launch at the track like i do on the street, then i will get times that i will be satisfied with. i cant launch at the track like i do on the street, if i do, i will spin to no end at the track.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I pull on 94-97 gt's all the time...what's so special about it?
it was my first race with a gt. pulling on a mustang V8 is something that suprised me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
04, how dare you post something like this. So what if it was your first time beating one of them...you think just because they have 2 more cylinders they are faster? /sarcasm lol.
i know, sorry guys.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Oh yeah, and I tend to pull on 94-97's as well....and beat civics too.
But this one was a Type R, GTR, SI, with VTEC yo
Old 07-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #13

Quote:
it was my first race with a gt. pulling on a mustang V8 is something that suprised me.

i know, sorry guys.
its cool, i have much more fun at a track than on the street.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgrey6
But this one was a Type R, GTR, SI, with VTEC yo
stop lying, everyone knows those civic type r gtr si with VTEC runs like 8's in the 1/4 mile

or it should with a name like that
Old 07-26-2005, 05:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
its cool, i have much more fun at a track than on the street.
i would too if i could figure out how to launch this sum'***** without spinning like a mu'fugger.

but in my defense, i can blame some of that on track prep
Old 07-26-2005, 05:28 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
stop lying, everyone knows those civic type r gtr si with VTEC runs like 8's in the 1/4 mile

or it should with a name like that
Only with yellow interior and yellow stickers. Otherwise, they run 8 second 60 foot times.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

man i wish stickers and a painted interior dropped my time down like that

my car club sticker and 'mac performance parts' sticker didnt drop me down for ****

Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Quote:
I beat a Civic yesterday
i beat my dick yesterday....

i love the V8 supieriority (sp?) arguments, especially when im able to chime in and mention my 4 cylinder, V8 guys generally rule it out because "its got forced induction, making it like a V8", believe what you want numbnuts, 4 cylinders if 4 cylinders, turbo or not
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
i beat my dick yesterday....

i love the V8 supieriority (sp?) arguments, especially when im able to chime in and mention my 4 cylinder, V8 guys generally rule it out because "its got forced induction, making it like a V8", believe what you want numbnuts, 4 cylinders if 4 cylinders, turbo or not
You're welcome to come race my NA v8... which is 8 cylinders NOT turbo'd.. lol just joking

however you're more than welcome to try my blown 6 on for size..
Old 07-26-2005, 06:02 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
There are so many factors in determining a street blast. It technically not a race but more of what is generally boulevard blasting. Condition of the car. For example a car in need of a tune with worn plugs and wires can lose as much as 8 HP per cylinder, even more if the plugs are toast. Figure 8 hp per cylinder that is 64 hp loss in a V8. This is why Street racing against a car and person you dont even know is no test of how fast a car is.

But saying that I believe what happen was real enough and congrats. I have personally dusted off a few Gt's that were mostly stock but I should be able to with my engine mods
Old 07-26-2005, 06:11 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
There are so many factors in determining a street blast. It technically not a race but more of what is generally boulevard blasting. Condition of the car. For example a car in need of a tune with worn plugs and wires can lose as much as 8 HP per cylinder, even more if the plugs are toast. Figure 8 hp per cylinder that is 64 hp loss in a V8. This is why Street racing against a car and person you dont even know is no test of how fast a car is.

But saying that I believe what happen was real enough and congrats. I have personally dusted off a few Gt's that were mostly stock but I should be able to with my engine mods

I agree 100% about the condition of the engine.. My 89 has 186k miles now but it runs like a top.. It's mostly stock (heads/block) but has a handful of boltons ONLY.. I spend a LOT of time tinkering though.. if I were getting paid for it.. I'd be a millionaire as would a lot of people on this board I'm sure... the bottom end/heads as far as I know have 186k miles on them but I get 13s out of the car REGULARLY so yeah.. condition of the car matters a lot..
Old 07-26-2005, 07:14 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
im gonna say the other guy wasnt trying. either that, or he couldnt find the gas pedal.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
im gonna say the other guy wasnt trying. either that, or he couldnt find the gas pedal.
why do you say that?

i am not trying to start anything with you by any means, just wanna know why you think this.

5.0s make 215/300 brand new! and thats crank numbers.

if he has an auto, thats 2.73s in the *** on a 4-speed. its also a heavier car and had a passenger.

so lets see:
-its heavier
-we make just as much hp (assuming he's stock........i'm not stock. i think my 3 mods gave me 20 extra hp)
-i have a better tranny with better gearing
-my engine was more than likely running more efficiently than his b/c its newer
-it has more tq than me.....which seems to be the only advantage it has.

it has only one thing over me, i think the other four aspects that are in my favor might cancel out the fact that it makes more tq
Old 07-26-2005, 07:44 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to username182
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
I'd have to agree....Or maybe it wasn't even a GT.....

Honestly tho, its not really about how much hp/tq the car has. Its more about the driver....For example, last weekend I raced a 03/04 cobra (in my STOCK 95 GT w/ 93k miles). I was ahead until the middle of 3rd gear when he finally passed me (i'm sure he had some traction issues...). By no means am I saying I beat a 03/04 Cobra, but I was ahead for a little while...It doesn't matter how much hp/tq your car has, if you can't drive it, you'll be pulling 15 second passes all day long....

Oh, EclipseGSTdude was with me when I raced the Cobra, and I believe we have it on video if someone thinks i'm bull****ting....
username182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

i think a mildly modded 04 V6 compared to a more than likely stock auto 5.0 is a closer comparison than a 95 gt to an 03/04 cobra, wouldnt you say?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Here is something most people dont bother talking about. Everyone is quoting BHP which is 215 BHP on a 5 speed. Which is about 175-185 RWHp on a 5speed and 160 on a Auto. It is very conceivable for a slightly modded 04 V6 to beat a stock auto 94-97 Gt and would make a good race with a manual Gt. From a dig it is less likely but on a roll much easier. Stock for stock the GT wins but it is not a wax job by no means
Old 07-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Here is something most people dont bother talking about. Everyone is quoting BHP which is 215 BHP on a 5 speed. Which is about 175-185 RWHp on a 5speed and 160 on a Auto. It is very conceivable for a slightly modded 04 V6 to beat a stock auto 94-97 Gt and would make a good race with a manual Gt. From a dig it is less likely but on a roll much easier. Stock for stock the GT wins but it is not a wax job by no means

i had a friend run a pre-99 gt auto in his stock 04 auto and they finished nose to tail. the gt was about three feet in front of his front bumper.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Quote:
*5.0 gt, 45-110.........put 2 cars on him...............TWICE*
But can you whup my ***?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:16 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
But can you whup my ***?

dont even step to the 3.9...............you'll get stomped.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:53 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
04stang, face it, youll never beat a GT, GT's have V8's, and you cant beat a V8

Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:22 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
04stang, face it, youll never beat a GT, GT's have V8's, and you cant beat a V8

yeah................yeah, yeah. i know

Old 07-26-2005, 09:28 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

I did a dead even pull on a 99+ gt from about 80-100. He apparantly was an auto with the sucky stock gears.
Our's:
Old 07-26-2005, 09:42 PM   #33
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I was able to pull even with one once too....then the light turned green. lol.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeh yeh...shut up rob, no fair.
Our's:
Old 07-26-2005, 09:56 PM   #35
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Yeh yeh...shut up rob, no fair.
I know...I couldn't resist...I am just pumped about the possibility of having a 500 hp v6 around this time next year. And yeah, I changed my mind from 400 to 500...going to aim for the stars...what the hell.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar