A girl at work....another "should i feel bad" thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: should i feel bad b/c someone thinks a certian way?
yes 0 0%
no 8 100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

A girl at work....another "should i feel bad" thread

okay, most of these threads that have to deal with a girl at work that i have seen are about a poster wanting to hook up with the cutie at work but is too much of a ***** to just ask, well thats not the case here.

i work with this female employee who works part time where i work and part time in the mall at a dept store. this woman i work is in her 50s i believe and is by far the most aggravating co-worker i have ever worked with. in the beginning i have tried my best to help her b/c she was new, which is understandable, i dont expect people to know everything the first day, i know i didnt when i started a little over 2yrs ago. well anyway, she asks the same damn questions everytime and i am the first person she comes to when she needs help most of the time. and i have to stop everything i am doin to help her, and that pisses off the customer i am helping. its bad to the point where people that have been there months before her are showing her what to do and how to do things......its laughable really. a girl that has been working there for about 2 months knows more than her, and she has been there for about 5 months. well what i do is help when i can and when i cant i just say "look you gonna have to wait, i'm busy, i'll help you as soon as i can." well when i say that she just walks away and asks someone else. she is very fluent in spanish and speaks spanish to help all of the hispanic customers that come in, and thats a plus. but the fact that she has asked the same questions over and over and over again is really aggravating. and i have done all i can to keep my cool and even to this day i have never told her "leave me alone" or something like i want to 99.99% of the time. i just smile and help.

well you may ask why i posted this story. well i found out friday that she was crying at her other job and when my managers wife (who also works there) asked her why she's crying, she said it was b/c she thinks i dont like her....which honestly isnt a lie . i was told that she said that she knows that i havent said anything, but she can tell by the way i act when she asks me something that i dont like her. well when i was told this i was like 2: and then started to laugh about it. but then i thought about how just my actions affected her. but the thing about it is that i never said anything to her, as a matter of fact i dont talk to her, and i think thats why she said that.

so should i feel bad that she was crying at her other job b/c she thinks that i dont like her?.......and this is a woman in her 50s too, kinda immature if you ask me. but i'm just goin by what i was told. i go back to work tues, so we'll see what happens then and if she says anything about it.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq
Re: A girl at work....another "should i feel bad" thread

she's a grown woman that sounds like teenager or something... i'm a pretty blunt person so after being nice i would just tell her how it is. explain to her that you don't exactly hate her but that she frustrates you and u can't help her all the time and she needs to learn stuff on her own if she's wants to work well. Just tell her the same stuff you just told us but i guess word it so she doesn't break down and cry. she sounds like a fragile person.
maybe if you knew her background a bit better it would make more sense why she acts that way. she obviously has a problem and shouting at her or telling her off won't make the situation any better but it might make u feel good. haha....when i get pissed at my idiot managers i try to think of why i'm working there and the stuff i'm working towards to get my mind off them so i don't blow up.
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

dont feel bad for ****, she's the one upset over something stupid

its like when you slit your own wrist, and expect pity...you did the **** yourself!
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i think you should refer her to your add, smith and wesson one. she might be going through menopause. bah.. women
Kenne Bell SC w/ intercooler, 90mm maf, mac cai, 70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, Kenne Bell performance chip
99CobraVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Repeat after me

ALL WOMEN ARE CRAZY

even your mom.

You just gotta avoid the ones whose insanity level is higher than your tolerance level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
Repeat after me

ALL WOMEN ARE CRAZY

yeah i know that

believe me, i've met my share of psychos in my day
Old 08-15-2005, 02:43 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

make sure the manager knows she sucks at her job and needs to be let go. you are there to do YOUR job, not yours and hers. if she cant do her job, the obvious is stated above.

i work at a resturant, and i see it all the time. some people just arent cut out for certain things. we give them 90 days, if they still arent fluent and able to do their job in their sleep, then theyre let go, plain and simple. usually you can tell within the first 5 minutes if a person is gonna work out. i mean ****, how hard is it to seat people and ask for drinks, and learn a ****ing easy *** register(basically you put in your emp #, press in the subtotal, press total, then put the money in and give it back), and clean up tables? so us servers end up having to divert time and attention from our tables, and help clean the dirty ones, then set the people.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
Repeat after me

ALL WOMEN ARE CRAZY

even your mom.

You just gotta avoid the ones whose insanity level is higher than your tolerance level.
oh so so agreeable :yup:
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
she's a grown woman that sounds like teenager or something
no.. she sounds like a woman haha...

im voting no because its a professional environment.. you gotta keep things professional.. it doesnt matter if she cries or you dont like her or whatever.. you still all have a job to do. maybe for future reference you can maybe make her feel like you dont hate her?

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
yeah i know that

believe me, i've met my share of psychos in my day
In your day? lol. I can see it already, you're 50 and talking to your grand kids about going to school in 6' of snow, uphill both ways, barefoot, and fighting off bears. lol. I don't know why, but reading that really made me laugh. In your day, lol.

Oh, and, you shouldn't feel sorry for her. I can see why she is slow to catch on to things as she is about 50 like you said. A lot of 50+ people are slow to catch on to some of our newfangled contraptions these days. However, if she thinks you don't like her, well, BFD. She shouldn't care if "that punk kid I work with" likes her or not. She should be mature enough to not give a hoot. But, it is probably "the change" that she is having issues with more than you.

I would say, oh well. No need for a pitty party for her. She can always just leave you alone or quit. I wouldn't sweat over it.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
In your day? lol. I can see it already, you're 50 and talking to your grand kids about going to school in 6' of snow, uphill both ways, barefoot, and fighting off bears. lol. I don't know why, but reading that really made me laugh. In your day, lol.
:yup:

in my day................back when i played summer baseball and met those phycho local chicks and when i'd meet them while crusining around town............in my day when i wasnt as smart as i am today...............yes, back in my day
Old 08-15-2005, 07:30 PM   #12
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

cliff notes?

Just from looking at the poll, I say no.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
cliff notes?

Just from looking at the poll, I say no.
dude.....................2:

you cant make your eyes do all that work

j/k man

here ya go:
some 50 something y/o woman i work with works two jobs is rather annoying to me as well as others and i found out that she was crying at her other job b/c she thinks i dont like her by the way i act........(which isnt a total lie) but i never said anything to that effect
Old 08-15-2005, 07:48 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

hell naw don't care what she thinks.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar