proof gas prices are out of control - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: proof gas prices are out of control

Do you really believe Gore did anything to start the internet!!!! He is a moron Can he even tie his shoes??? Hell he was a kid when the internet was formed by true computer geeks and the military. His dad was a US senator and made their money on Tobacco. He is the worlds worse hypocrite. he could not even carry his own state

Old 08-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

$2.65 for the cheep stuff, and $2.89 for good stuff....
Old 08-21-2005, 08:02 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

dangerdude, when roasting gore's dad lets not forget his dad voted against civil rights for blacks. One good thing about gas prices going up is it stimulates creativity for alternative fuels and lays the foundation for invention. If the price for a barrel of oil was a hundred bucks a couple years ago, there would be a lot more alternatives in the market. Im not suggesting they should make gay *** hybrid cars more plentiful, but create a synthetic fuel. cars can run off a lot of weird ****, the only thing thats been lacking is the incentive for them to replace oil that's still relatively cheap, that is until now.
Kenne Bell SC w/ intercooler, 90mm maf, mac cai, 70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, Kenne Bell performance chip
99CobraVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2005, 08:35 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

No dont get me wrong I might be a conservative but I am also a realist. We dropped the ball in the 70's when we started on the road to enegry conservation and alternate fuels. so much so we as a country cut our dependency by 30% and it ended the oil embargo because there was a glut of oil aand thru the 80's and 90's we forgot the 70's and we started building big *** cars again. We it is time to renew the cost cutting measures of the 70's. lowering thermostats in buildings turn off lights not in use. Stop driving for no reason, car pool, Mass transit for California because they are a bunch of stupid morons who dont get it. 58,000,000 people and they all want to drive to work!!!

We need hybrids, propane, hydrogen and electric cars, cleaner buses and we need to stiop putting reuseable plastics in the garbage. Plastic is also petroleum based. We need to make car companies responsible for a clean enviroment and for them to use materials 100% recycleable in a car. But that is not all.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Do you really believe Gore did anything to start the internet!!!! He is a moron Can he even tie his shoes??? Hell he was a kid when the internet was formed by true computer geeks and the military. His dad was a US senator and made their money on Tobacco. He is the worlds worse hypocrite. he could not even carry his own state
calmanse... I didn't say he played any role in the start of the internet. I said the internet was already up and running when he was running for office. Totally different statements. Plus, putting one person responsible for something like "the internet" or "internet companies" is ludacris. Certainly there are far more factors than one person for such a dynamic occurance. However, stating that it was "small" before Bush is a drastic oversight. I believe the internet was coming into its own, and is starting to realize its own power during Bush's terms because it was the right time for internet business. Computer technology + internet technology + dot com craze = big internet business boom. It's more dependant upon the companies that make our computers and supply our internet than it is our policy makers.... just my $0.02.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:14 PM   #41
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
calmanse... I didn't say he played any role in the start of the internet. I said the internet was already up and running when he was running for office. Totally different statements. Plus, putting one person responsible for something like "the internet" or "internet companies" is ludacris. Certainly there are far more factors than one person for such a dynamic occurance. However, stating that it was "small" before Bush is a drastic oversight. I believe the internet was coming into its own, and is starting to realize its own power during Bush's terms because it was the right time for internet business. Computer technology + internet technology + dot com craze = big internet business boom. It's more dependant upon the companies that make our computers and supply our internet than it is our policy makers.... just my $0.02.
The boom didnt happen until the mid 90's

I realize the internet has been around for awhile

I am talking about the dotcom boom and the nasdaq hitting 5k+

People say Clinton was a Great President because the economy was good when in reality Clinton didnt do a damn thing to make the economy good all he was doing was riding out the dotcom boom.

Which makes my arguement that just because a President is in office during good and bad times it doesnt mean they were the cause of those good and bad times.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:26 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

I'll disagree to the extent that a President can definately hurt the economy. Lokk at Carter, his actions intensified a souring economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:33 AM   #43
Regular

I didnt say they couldn't I just said that just because they are in office during the hard/good times doesnt mean they are the cause of it.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:09 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Actually the economy in cyclical what a president does usually takes 8 to 10 years to take effect. Actually the economy Carter took over was post vietnam Nixons doing. We had mega inflation during Carter because of Nixon's misguided attempt to stop inflation by imposing a national price freeze. This kept prices low for a few years but it hurt companies building stuff because it only froze retail goods so manufactures were paying more for materials but were forced to sell cheap. When the freeze lifted prices went thru the roof and interest rates on cars and homes was 21%
Old 08-23-2005, 06:56 PM   #45
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

I hate this.

It's bull**** that gas stations change the price once a day. They get a shipment of gas once, MAYBE twice a week. At one, MAYBE two price(s). There is no excuse for raising the price to keep close to the guy across the street who got his shipment 1 day later than you and paid more.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang

WTF are you guys complaining about? I pay freaking $6.6 a gallon :pissed:
Old 08-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMustang
WTF are you guys complaining about? I pay freaking $6.6 a gallon :pissed:
What you pay is of no concern to the US. J/K Where you are from has 1/1000th the economy of the US and is subject to much higher taxes, which is where most of the cost of your gas goes.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:37 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang

Quote:
What you pay is of no concern to the US. J/K Where you are from has 1/1000th the economy of the US and is subject to much higher taxes, which is where most of the cost of your gas goes.
Yep that's true, it's 80% tax on gas over here. We pump it, refine it, export it and use it.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:13 AM   #49
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom

It's $2.53 over here for regular. Thank god for that 5 speed.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

when I was in Puerto rico I saw the signs at the gas station that said .67 for regular. I was like woohoo 67 cents that is awsome. when I went to fill up the tank I realized they sold gas by the liter

I paid $2.85 for premium here last tiem I filled up

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 AM   #51
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
when I was in Puerto rico I saw the signs at the gas station that said .67 for regular. I was like woohoo 67 cents that is awsome. when I went to fill up the tank I realized they sold gas by the liter

I paid $2.85 for premium here last tiem I filled up
That is better than canada...they are like 1.xx a litre right now, or at least the last I heard.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:42 AM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Just paid 2.75 a gallon I had to put my mods off Just sold the heads I was going to have P&P and I'm gonna have Justin re-tune the chip for 87

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Actually the economy in cyclical what a president does usually takes 8 to 10 years to take effect. Actually the economy Carter took over was post vietnam Nixons doing. We had mega inflation during Carter because of Nixon's misguided attempt to stop inflation by imposing a national price freeze. This kept prices low for a few years but it hurt companies building stuff because it only froze retail goods so manufactures were paying more for materials but were forced to sell cheap. When the freeze lifted prices went thru the roof and interest rates on cars and homes was 21%

Yes Carter inherited a bunch of crap, however his actions in office intensified the problems. Which is about all a President can do. There is damned little he can do to make things better but if he can't keep his head out of his *** it will get worse and Carter, by far, had his head the farthest up his *** of all the Presidents I have lived thru. Congress is usually the biggest stumbling block to economic recovery and reform. Without them the President is stymied in improving things. However there are no stops on him ****ing things up worse. Of course all this whining about gas prices by politicians (lately the same politicians that ***** about people using too much gas, the hypocritical cocksuckers) and none of them are willing to recind the gas taxes however briefly. But they will point at the President and ***** that he's doing nothing.

What do they want? Us to invade Iraq for oil or something?

It's time to start executing politicians.

Steve

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:04 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

i paid 2.69 for shell 93 octane last night again............

its seemed to stay at that price for the past week so i guess thats a good thing....at least its not goin up
*knocks on wood*
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:04 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
Yes Carter inherited a bunch of crap, however his actions in office intensified the problems. Which is about all a President can do. There is damned little he can do to make things better but if he can't keep his head out of his *** it will get worse and Carter, by far, had his head the farthest up his *** of all the Presidents I have lived thru. Congress is usually the biggest stumbling block to economic recovery and reform. Without them the President is stymied in improving things. However there are no stops on him ****ing things up worse. Of course all this whining about gas prices by politicians (lately the same politicians that ***** about people using too much gas, the hypocritical cocksuckers) and none of them are willing to recind the gas taxes however briefly. But they will point at the President and ***** that he's doing nothing.

What do they want? Us to invade Iraq for oil or something?

It's time to start executing politicians.

Steve

HAHHAHAHHAHA Where do we sign up to be a executioner!!!!

Carter's own party screwed him. Congress ramrodded his ***!!! He did however institute drastic fuel conservation in the mid 70's reducing fuel consumption by 20% and ending the oil embargo. Opec nations were taken by suprise how quickly the US reduced demand.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:35 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I dunno how much Carter had to do with reducing fuel consumption other than stating the obvious. I'll grant I wasn't driving back then, I was 14. However, I remember my folks and other drivers I knew were not making any extra trips anywhere. When gas prices go up that much people naturally conserve, usually because they have to. It's usually not because someone wearing a sweater tells them to turn the thermostat down and drive less. That statement of Carter's did more to shoot morale into the dumper than anything else. Had he stated a more positive message the "malaise" of the Carter years may not have occured and he might have gotten reelected (real doubtful though, the Iranian hostage crisis was in full swing). But rather than being protrayed as a tough president looking out for the American people he, instead, got the image hung on him that he was a weak spined loser not worthy of the White House. Which I guess worked out fine cause Reagan whupped him and got the Presidency. Hell, even my Dad a lifelong Democrat voted for Reagan over Carter, guess the Marine in him came thru, no Marine likes a coward.

Of course it is just my opinion.

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
I dunno how much Carter had to do with reducing fuel consumption other than stating the obvious. I'll grant I wasn't driving back then, I was 14. However, I remember my folks and other drivers I knew were not making any extra trips anywhere. When gas prices go up that much people naturally conserve, usually because they have to. It's usually not because someone wearing a sweater tells them to turn the thermostat down and drive less. That statement of Carter's did more to shoot morale into the dumper than anything else. Had he stated a more positive message the "malaise" of the Carter years may not have occured and he might have gotten reelected (real doubtful though, the Iranian hostage crisis was in full swing). But rather than being protrayed as a tough president looking out for the American people he, instead, got the image hung on him that he was a weak spined loser not worthy of the White House. Which I guess worked out fine cause Reagan whupped him and got the Presidency. Hell, even my Dad a lifelong Democrat voted for Reagan over Carter, guess the Marine in him came thru, no Marine likes a coward.

Of course it is just my opinion.
By no means was I a Carter Fan but he did do several things to make immediate reductions in fuel usage

1. Instituted 55MPH on all US interstates
2. Ordered all public buildings temp settings to 68* winter 78* Summer
3. Made the first really strict Cafe standards for auto manufacturers
4. Reduced military consumption. All fighter training hours were reduced. The Thunderbirds and Blue angles stopped flying Phantoms and flew T-38 Talons and A-4 Skyhawk
5. He temporarily shut down between 100 and 200 naval warships
6. He kept daylight savings time for a year

Now some I would not like to see come back but during the oil embargo that is what Americans buckled down and did with little or no *****ing. Unfortunately people are to soft and self absorbed to make those scarificies unless they are ordered byb law to do so.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar