4 more in iraq - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2005, 02:03 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: 4 more in iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
The will to suceed and make money is what gives us the things we love in this country.

Bill Gates would have not done what he had done had he known that there was a limit to what he would be able to make... he would have done just enough to get his money and no more. Why work for free?

You can not restrict the pay of civilians. You reward them for the work they do.

You may not like the sports starts making that much money but they have the talent to be there.

I believe in Team Salary caps and controlling how much each team can pay their players all together. This helps keep teams like the Yankees from buying a world series even though they suck this year.

The Florida Marlins bought a world series when they won. As soon as they won the world series they dumped all the players they could not afford and helped them get it.

That is my opinion on that.
since when is talent worth more than *** kissing?

it's bull**** that people that make millions to play a game, or a character in a movie; while i make the car they drive for $14.00/hour... and there is ZERO opportunity for me to move higher up. no chance for promotion, no pay raises, and you know what, all that is decided by the elite... and then we have to pay $8 for a movie ticket, or $50+ for a concert ticket or whatever

they control it all, and we continue to put them there becuz they make it so that we have no choice
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2005, 02:04 PM   #37
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
obviously i cant, becuz i don't make millions a year. i don't want a redistribution of wealth, i want a more efficent system that benefits everyone. not just the elite. no one, and i repeat, NO ONE needs that much money

and you say communist like it's some kind of insult. the core idea of communism is sound. crazy bastards like hilter are the ones that made it bad. it's not the first or last good idea to be ruined by an egotist

and if i'm a communist as you say, does that make you a capitalist pig?
Sorry but I am not for taking money from someone and giving to others that do not have as much. That is wrong period.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:07 PM   #38
Regular

Quote:

it's bull**** that people that make millions to play a game, or a character in a movie; while i make the car they drive for $14.00/hour... and there is ZERO opportunity for me to move higher up. no chance for promotion, no pay raises, and you know what, all that is decided by the elite... and then we have to pay $8 for a movie ticket, or $50+ for a concert ticket or whatever

they control it all, and we continue to put them there becuz they make it so that we have no choice
You pay the money for the ticket don't you? You pay the money for the Concert?

You are part of the problem you are complaining about then if you do, you must think it is worth it to go to that 8 dollar movie.

Without those millionaires to buy the car you make 14 dollars an hour to make, you would get paid nothing because there would be no Nissan plant to get a Job at.

Honestly, do you need a million dollars? Sure it would be nice but I don't.

I am going to college to make a career that will pay around 60-80 grand a year when I get out. That is plenty to me.

There is so much more to life than money, worrying about people that make millions to play sports and hating them for it gets you no where.

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Hitler was not a communist he was a facist dictator who hated Communism and saw it as a plague on europe. But so was hitler

There is no such thing as perfect communism because it is human nature to be competitive and do better. Pure ideology of communism is one working for the all is unacceptable. if we were ants it might work, but look at this, if we were perfect communist we would not own cars, we would all be exact, wear the exact cloths and think exactly the same. Where in hell is that going to happen unless we have world domination control over every single person with the threat of immediate death for any non conformist

I am a capitalist but not a pig. But I do like bacon!!!!!
i said people like hitler, not hitler himself. and i never said communism is a perfect idea. just that it isn't a horrible idea. and there's no reason to give up individuality either. but look at nature. everything is equal in nature... but humans want more and more and more and more, no matter who gets hurt. that's what needs to change. stop taking more than you need
Old 08-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:

nobody has put a ceiling over you. That is your choice. Clinton lived in a trailer park and became president. The US is really the only place where common people can rise to the top. people do it every day. Just look at all the mom and pop store in your community. Look at the nice houses they live in. Sorry you are a product of your environment whether by your own choice or by your parents choice. You could have been a A+ student or athlete and gotten a scholarship to a major university and gone on to work for a major corporation and then left to open your own business but instead you loath what you do, blame a president and corporations for controliing your life because you dont take responsibility for your own life.. You blame others

WELCOME TO THE JERRY SPRINGER WORLD OF THE BLAMELESS LIBERAL " THE WORLD OWES ME AND IT IS NOT MAY FAULT"
Old 08-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #41
Regular

Add another heart warming poltical debate to ME's list

Reddit
Old 08-21-2005, 02:17 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i said people like hitler, not hitler himself. and i never said communism is a perfect idea. just that it isn't a horrible idea. and there's no reason to give up individuality either. but look at nature. everything is equal in nature... but humans want more and more and more and more, no matter who gets hurt. that's what needs to change. stop taking more than you need
HAHAHAH NOT IN NATURE IS EQUAL!!!! HOLY **** NATURE IS SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST AND STRONGEST.

The Gazelle's cannot sue a lion for killing and eating the weak. Nature is cruel and real. Human nature is manufactured. Hell if I smoke cigarettes and die. My wife can sue yet on the side of the pack it says it is harmfull. See nobody takes responsibility for there actions
Old 08-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
You pay the money for the ticket don't you? You pay the money for the Concert?

You are part of the problem you are complaining about then if you do, you must think it is worth it to go to that 8 dollar movie.

Without those millionaires to buy the car you make 14 dollars an hour to make, you would get paid nothing because there would be no Nissan plant to get a Job at.

Honestly, do you need a million dollars? Sure it would be nice but I don't.

I am going to college to make a career that will pay around 60-80 grand a year when I get out. That is plenty to me.

There is so much more to life than money, worrying about people that make millions to play sports and hating them for it gets you no where.
no, i've boycotted movies, concerts and sports games for the last 4 years. i don't contribute to the cycle. and i never claimed to need a million dollars. i'd be perfectly happy with 50k a year. and as for college. it's hard to get in when you have no credit and no way to pay $15000 a year or more
Old 08-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Add another heart warming poltical debate to ME's list
Hell with this bullcrap. I call it like I see it. If you want heart warming politics people better bring actual fact and not some bull***** information they evidently know nothing about. Sorry I am not into self loathing. everyone has their problems and I take responsibility for mine
Old 08-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
nobody has put a ceiling over you. That is your choice. Clinton lived in a trailer park and became president. The US is really the only place where common people can rise to the top. people do it every day. Just look at all the mom and pop store in your community. Look at the nice houses they live in. Sorry you are a product of your environment whether by your own choice or by your parents choice. You could have been a A+ student or athlete and gotten a scholarship to a major university and gone on to work for a major corporation and then left to open your own business but instead you loath what you do, blame a president and corporations for controliing your life because you dont take responsibility for your own life.. You blame others

WELCOME TO THE JERRY SPRINGER WORLD OF THE BLAMELESS LIBERAL " THE WORLD OWES ME AND IT IS NOT MAY FAULT"
yet the ceiling is there. i'm not the one that sets the pay scales at nissan. that falls on the corporation... fast food workers make less than $7 an hour... who sets their pay? the corporation. the rich, greedy, capitalist, corporation

it's impossible to get into college without money. end of story
Old 08-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #46
Regular

Quote:
yet the ceiling is there. i'm not the one that sets the pay scales at nissan. that falls on the corporation... fast food workers make less than $7 an hour... who sets their pay? the corporation. the rich, greedy, capitalist, corporation

My girlfriend got a scholarship to Auburn University this past week. It is for 2 years. She works her *** off at school.

She has no credit, currently doesn't live at home due to some ****ed up family problems and works her *** off for 7 bucks an hour to afford the first two years at a community college.

Ask her about Ceilings.

Reddit
Old 08-21-2005, 02:37 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i'd be perfectly happy with 50k a year.
50,000 is not crap now if you have a family of 4. Hell I make over 60,000 and with only one income it is tight.

Quote:
and as for college. it's hard to get in when you have no credit and no way to pay $15000 a year or more
Not to be sounding cruel there are many avenues to get to college

grants
Good Grades to a scholarship
Athletics to a Scholarship
Student loans
Parents preparing for the future and starting a college fund

My son is 8 and my daughter is 5 I currently have a CAP plan that currently has 35,000 in it and will have over 100,000 when he is college age if he does not get a scholarship.

The thing is parents and kids should be preparing for the future. Hell I did not and I went through the hard way for many years. Why because likwe most young people I said it was other peoples fault. I DID NOT LISTEN. I partied in school and it was not until I was 30 did I buckle down and get in school and make a 3.98 grade point average when I realized I would be floating in dead end jobs the rest of my life. But you know what it was MY fault not the Presidents fault or the economies fault or some other lame *** excuse only my lame *** was to blame
Old 08-21-2005, 02:38 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

well, i work my *** off too. i'm not saying that it isn't possible to advance, i know it's possible. it's just very frustrating to watch your efforts fall apart and feel helpless about it. it doesn't help to be constantly lending your mom your entire savings either
Old 08-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #49
Regular

Quote:
well, i work my *** off too. i'm not saying that it isn't possible to advance, i know it's possible. it's just very frustrating to watch your efforts fall apart and feel helpless about it. it doesn't help to be constantly lending your mom your entire savings either
Look man I am not saying it isnt hard but and that you don't work your *** off because I know you do.

Life is hard work and until you realize that the government is never going to help you (they shouldnt to begin with) and that things dont just fall into your lap unless your just lucky and pick 6 random number right one week you will always be on the low end of things....

Just my .02

Reddit
Old 08-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
50,000 is not crap now if you have a family of 4. Hell I make over 60,000 and with only one income it is tight.

Not to be sounding cruel there are many avenues to get to college

grants
Good Grades to a scholarship
Athletics to a Scholarship
Student loans
Parents preparing for the future and starting a college fund

My son is 8 and my daughter is 5 I currently have a CAP plan that currently has 35,000 in it and will have over 100,000 when he is college age if he does not get a scholarship.

The thing is parents and kids should be preparing for the future. Hell I did not and I went through the hard way for many years. Why because likwe most young people I said it was other peoples fault. I DID NOT LISTEN. I partied in school and it was not until I was 30 did I buckle down and get in school and make a 3.98 grade point average when I realized I would be floating in dead end jobs the rest of my life. But you know what it was MY fault not the Presidents fault or the economies fault or some other lame *** excuse only my lame *** was to blame
and 50k is fine for me, becuz i don't have kids, and i don't plan to ever start a family. and i'm only 24. i went to college for 2 years, and didn't know what i wanted to do, so i got a job. i moved back in with my mom to try to help her out, as she was raising my 2 siblings by herself. it didn't work. she took over $5000 cash from me, as well as my credit cards. ruined my credit (another $5000-$6000) and hasn't paid me back after 2 years of this... if that's my fault, then fine, i'll never be that generous again

so yes, i am owed a lot. but not by the whole world
Old 08-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Look man I am not saying it isnt hard but and that you don't work your *** off because I know you do.

Life is hard work and until you realize that the government is never going to help you (they shouldnt to begin with) and that things dont just fall into your lap unless your just lucky and pick 6 random number right one week you will always be on the low end of things....

Just my .02
well, the government is supposed to provide equality, but there is no equality here... is it helping us to give us something the constitution says we should already have?
Old 08-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

You picked where you work. you get paid what they think you are worth. You blame them HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA You are really living in denial

Just leave if you are paid to little. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU. YOU MADE CHOICES. TIME TO DITCH YOUR MOM IF SHE IS BRINGING YOU DOWN.

Why should fast food workers mke more Holy Crap what value do they have what training do they have. Burger flipper in not a Trade or a highskill level job HAHHAHAHHAHAHA. Damn when I was flipping burgers I was making $2.10. When I was a supply clerk at a office furniture I worked my *** offf moving and loading office eguipment and I made $5.00 an hour.

Jobs that require manual labor pay low unless you are in a union or a skilled labor force. Hell where I work entry level Aircraft mechanics make about $13 a hour and nice benefits and can work up to 23 an hour
Old 08-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #53
Regular

Quote:
and 50k is fine for me, becuz i don't have kids, and i don't plan to ever start a family. and i'm only 24. i went to college for 2 years, and didn't know what i wanted to do, so i got a job. i moved back in with my mom to try to help her out, as she was raising my 2 siblings by herself. it didn't work. she took over $5000 cash from me, as well as my credit cards. ruined my credit (another $5000-$6000) and hasn't paid me back after 2 years of this... if that's my fault, then fine, i'll never be that generous again

No one says that is your fault but **** happens in life... your only 24 to man... you got plenty of time to work things out.

Honestly hit me up on aim I want to buy you a book, seriously.

Reddit
Old 08-21-2005, 02:48 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

YES IT IS YOUR FAULT YOU MADE PERSONAL DECISIONS THAT HAVE EFFECTED YOU. YOU ARE IN DENIAL
Old 08-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
well, the government is supposed to provide equality, but there is no equality here... is it helping us to give us something the constitution says we should already have?

HAHAHA where did you hear that. Equality is on race creed or culture not what job you decide for yourself.

I see you in a Government job not having to lift a finger get a paycheck and strum through life blaming others for your decisions
Old 08-21-2005, 02:54 PM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
You picked where you work. you get paid what they think you are worth. You blame them HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA You are really living in denial

Just leave if you are paid to little. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU. YOU MADE CHOICES. TIME TO DITCH YOUR MOM IF SHE IS BRINGING YOU DOWN.

Why should fast food workers mke more Holy Crap what value do they have what training do they have. Burger flipper in not a Trade or a highskill level job HAHHAHAHHAHAHA. Damn when I was flipping burgers I was making $2.10. When I was a supply clerk at a office furniture I worked my *** offf moving and loading office eguipment and I made $5.00 an hour.

Jobs that require manual labor pay low unless you are in a union or a skilled labor force. Hell where I work entry level Aircraft mechanics make about $13 a hour and nice benefits and can work up to 23 an hour
again, it takes money and credit to support yourself in this world. i have neither any more. so how do you propose that i leave this house? should i live in my truck? sleep under bridges?

as far as picking where i work. yes, i did. 2 years ago, DAS as a wholly owned nissan subsidiary. they used to hire from us, there WAS opportunity for advancement. but it's gone now... now we are merely vendor status, they use temps, so they don't have to pay benefits. they won't hire from DAS, becuz they'd have to pay us benefits. DAS employees max out at $14.00 an hour... Nissan Direct employees START at $15.80 and hour and TOP out over 3 years at $26.00 an hour. and that's just line operators and techs. leads, supervisors and the like make $60k+ a year... and Nissan is the largest and best paying company within 1,000 miles, so what am i supposed to do corey? since you're so all knowing then explain it to me
Old 08-21-2005, 03:05 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

******* corey. i sweat and bleed for my paycheck, which is more than can likely be said for you. i work my ****ing *** off for what i earn and it isn't my fault that it's not enough

you can all blow me. i'm out of here
Old 08-21-2005, 03:07 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
again, it takes money and credit to support yourself in this world. i have neither any more. so how do you propose that i leave this house? should i live in my truck? sleep under bridges?

as far as picking where i work. yes, i did. 2 years ago, DAS as a wholly owned nissan subsidiary. they used to hire from us, there WAS opportunity for advancement. but it's gone now... now we are merely vendor status, they use temps, so they don't have to pay benefits. they won't hire from DAS, becuz they'd have to pay us benefits. DAS employees max out at $14.00 an hour... Nissan Direct employees START at $15.80 and hour and TOP out over 3 years at $26.00 an hour. and that's just line operators and techs. leads, supervisors and the like make $60k+ a year... and Nissan is the largest and best paying company within 1,000 miles, so what am i supposed to do corey? since you're so all knowing then explain it to me
Listen I have made terrible decisions before but I owned up to them. You seem to be mad at the government or others for not doing more. They never will. You are a product of your environment either by your parents or you. It seems like both. You have many choices. You could find another job. You could move to another city with anothe job. Life is tough but we manage thru it. Hell you could go into the coastguard if you dont like the military and get to live near the water. it sounds like you need a fresh start and your mother is not helping. First thing is you need to stop blaming others and look inside and find out where you went wrong. For me it was I came to realize life was not a party and no one was going to pay me loads of money to be a party going, everyone owes me something, everyone is unfair snot nosed punk. And that was me. I cam from a good home and I blew it. It took hard work and dedication to get to where I am and be in good graces with my family. I got out of the service. Hell I had good jobs because I was a good worker but I cared for no one else. Recreational drugs did not help either as I was the life of the party.

So you have other choices some harder than others but most are not going to be easy unless as Brent said you hit the lottery
Old 08-21-2005, 03:20 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

join the military. the gov gives equal opportunity, not equality..with a free grade-school education, everyone has the chance to do what Brent's gf did, and what i hope to do in less than a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:22 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
******** corey. i sweat and bleed for my paycheck, which is more than can likely be said for you. i work my ****ing *** off for what i earn and it isn't my fault that it's not enough

you can all blow me. i'm out of here
You have know Idea what I have done in life and I never said you worked hard. The fct is the harder you work in the labor force does not insure advancement unless there is high decision making and you start supervising people then the raises will come

ditch digger
house roofer
Fry cook
Burger flipper
Busboy
Pipe Fitter
Sheetmetal worker
Sheetmetal layout person
Auto Mechanic
Aircraft Mechanic
advanced industrial researcher
Aerospace quality engineer