Intelligent Design: - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #71
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Re: Intelligent Design:

monkeys are taking over the world in 2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2005, 08:16 PM   #72
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
ooooooooook, we're gonna take one more crack at this same old argument.

#1 - I'm not really letting it get to me... I just like the expression "BY GOD", and you WERE adding words to what I was saying.

#2 - Consciousness may be defined as an awareness of the self and/or the environment. Consciousness enables the individual to react to changes in the self and/or the environment.

that is almost the definition I used.... but slightly different. Consciousness is the state of being conscious... In addition, did I not provide an example of how EVERY decent sized animal reacts to their environment. Also, for reacting to changes of self, think of a dog when it gets wounded. It will lick the wound, sterilizing it, limp on the injured leg, or may not use it at all, to allow it to heal better. I don't mean limp on it to help it heal, just that it isn't SO badly hurt they can't walk on it. However, if they did not react to this change, i.e. their hurt leg, they would continue to try to walk on it as they had before they hurt it. This seems like a stupid point to argue, but it's damn true .

#3 - Consciousness may have varying levels of organization. Individuals may be conscious, and yet may not be capable of organized thinking.

The state of being conscious very well has many different levels, I already said that. That's where I brought up "higher thinking". I said primative consciousness is what most animals have. If they didn't, they wouldn't be alive. Organized thinking is another thing you have to word carefully, and it helps to at least attempt a definition when you bring new words into the argument. To me, organized thinking would mean putting thoughts in order to come up with a reasonable outcome. I.e. a cat on top of a dresser, looking to see if they can make it on one jump safely onto the bed. This takes organized thought. The cat must realize how big the bed actually is, and then determine its depth by realizing how much its perception has changed the size of the bed. Then, the cat must realize its own limitations, account for slight slipping, as it won't get perfect traction on top of a slick dresser. The cat must PREDICT where it will land before it jumps to make sure it is in a safe location. All these thoughts are going through a cat's head... and after it gets good at doing this task, it becomes a subconscious task, for the most part... just like it would be for us, however, this does show organized thought, as I have defined it.

# 4 - Conscious individuals react to changes in their own physical being, or to changes in the environment. Thus, consciousness attempts to organize the self and/or the environment.

Your statement doesn't hold water with itself. They react to changes, sure, however, the next statement draws a conclusion off the previous statement, and the two aren't really related. Reacting to a change, and controlling it in the future are two different things. That's like me saying, I like to go down to my pond and fish, thus, I will like my trip to Minnesota. Yes, Minnesota has 10,000 some lakes, however, I'd imagine not all of them are fun to fish, and you may not be going there for fishing. Again, these probably seem like stupid points, but it does matter. Also, I do believe birds will throw stuff out of their nest, like rotten or hatched eggs (eggshells) so they don't draw predators to their nests... this is preventative, and is also attempting to control their environment. Also, ever seen an ant farm? How's that for organization?

#5 - Consciousness may include self-consciousness, i.e. awareness of an individualís own existence as a conscious being. Self-consciousness may include the awareness which individuals have of their own thoughts and feelings. I brought this up earlier, when I mentioned a sign of higher intelligence is recognizing yourSELF in the mirror. This is "self conscious"... granted, the most primative form. As far as I know, we are the only species to understand the ramifications of death, and realize our own death is inevitable. This is one of the higher forms of higher thinking. I will give you the point that self consciousness is a form of higher thinking, however, I never disputed that. Then again, you must also grant me the fact that recognizing SELF in a mirror is a part of self consciousness, and thus, primative higher thinking.
Oh I forgot to mention that these were Dictionary definition not mine at all but I did like them
Old 08-25-2005, 08:21 PM   #73
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Oh I forgot to mention that these were Dictionary definition not mine at all but I did like them
well there's your problem... get a real definition. If you're debating the brain and behavior, you need a Psychology definition.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2005, 08:25 PM   #74
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
well there's your problem... get a real definition. If you're debating the brain and behavior, you need a Psychology definition.
NO I wont do it. If it aint in the edumcation Buks I have ten tha can suk my beg tow!!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:12 PM   #75
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
NO I wont do it. If it aint in the edumcation Buks I have ten tha can suk my beg tow!!!!
ummmm....

psych book = education book

and might I add, wow

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 08-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #76
Legacy Member
Legacy

I think Corey threw the towel in

Old 08-25-2005, 09:53 PM   #77
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I think Corey threw the towel in
Did you see how I spelled everything!!!! I was having fun. God you guys need to lighten up.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:56 PM   #78
Legacy Member
Legacy

I am lightend up.... I'm just trying to "theorize" a point, since apparently, nothing can be proved.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:14 AM   #79
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I am lightend up.... I'm just trying to "theorize" a point, since apparently, nothing can be proved.
Well put that joint down. You ar enot suppose to be that light !!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar