Intelligent Design: - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:16 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Intelligent Design:

A step forward.
A step backwards.

I was really beginning to gain alot of respect for Sen. Bill Frist as a man of science after he came out a few weeks ago in support of stem cell research. It really seemed like he was concerned with more than towing the party line. I'm a big fan of that. Then this morning I read an article about his support of teaching "Intelligent Design" in Biology classes. ID has no place in a science class. Science is supposed to be about observable evidence and experimentation. If a student wants to learn about ID, take a Theology course. The theory of evolution is the basis for modern biology!

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Intelligent Design:

evolution isnt a theory, its a proven fact. not that we evolved per say, but ****evolves, like our appendix not being needed anymore, our tonsils having no use anymore, giraffes necks getting longer to reach leaves that are up high. i never understood the term 'theory of evolution' when a theory is something that hasnt been proven and evolution has been. I dont oppose frist talking about intelligent design if he was stating it as a theory just like man coming from dust or apes. these damn liberal teachers pretty much teach kids God doesnt exist so its good to let the kids know there are other ideas out there. if frist is saying there is for sure God, and the big bang theory is horse ****, then he is over stepping his boundaries
Kenne Bell SC w/ intercooler, 90mm maf, mac cai, 70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, Kenne Bell performance chip
99CobraVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:55 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

our tonsils do have a use... that's why they wouldn't take mine out the last 4 times I got tonsilitus. They filter some infections or some crap like that.

ok, and I"m sorry, but "these damn liberal teachers"?... Science is science. God has no part in science because you can't detect God with ANYTHING... and that's what Science teaches. Maybe next time you decide to go on an anti-science rant, you should take some time to realize what science has given you. If you want to believe in God, and not in science, so be it, but don't go preaching it... it makes you sound... not so intelligently designed.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2005, 02:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you CAN NOT proove something by example that DOES NOT WORK EVER. A proof is not something that is just thrown around, its VERY hard to do... and very scientific and mathematical. Not saying it has not been proven of course... just cant go about it via example. I belive in evolution of course just saying proof is not via hey well just look at this. I wonder if they have actually done a proof for it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

jimmy god cant be proven just like the big bang theory cant. neither one is more proven than the other. so you should teach BOTH sides of the story and let the kids decide which is right. saying we came from monkeys and dust and not telling the kids there is a possibility that isnt what happened is retarded. so leaving god out of the classroom is like forcing one opinion on people instead of giving them choices. in high school there arent any theology classes, god isn't welcome there, so im glad somebody has the balls to do whats right and offer another side to the story. and 'what evolutionary science has done for me' is nothing at all. name one thing it has done for me. medical science has, but that was driven by entrepeneurs looking to make money on curing people. and tonsils are useless, you do not need them. they remove them because tonsils can give you problems, the lack of tonsils will NEVER harm you.
Kenne Bell SC w/ intercooler, 90mm maf, mac cai, 70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, Kenne Bell performance chip
Old 08-23-2005, 02:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
you CAN NOT proove something by example that DOES NOT WORK EVER. A proof is not something that is just thrown around, its VERY hard to do... and very scientific and mathematical. Not saying it has not been proven of course... just cant go about it via example. I belive in evolution of course just saying proof is not via hey well just look at this. I wonder if they have actually done a proof for it.
i agree Brandon, there isnt proof of creation by God or the big bang theory, its all speculation. evolution in itself has been proven by Darwin, finches growing longer beaks each generation to be able to reach food better was an example he put together. My point is when it comes time to teach kids where we came from, telling them it was the big bang theory as a matter of fact is wrong. There will never be proof of where we came, but its the right thing to do present the possibilities and let the kids decide.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:32 PM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

Tonsils are just infection farms.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

yeah to hell with tonsils. it might be a fun word to say, but its no fun getting STD's on your tonsils. found this interesting when i google searched tonsils

Sponsored Links

Tonsils
Great deals on Tonsils
Shop on eBay and Save!
www.eBay.com
Old 08-23-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

^ lol, awesome.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99CobraVert
i agree Brandon, there isnt proof of creation by God or the big bang theory, its all speculation. evolution in itself has been proven by Darwin, finches growing longer beaks each generation to be able to reach food better was an example he put together. My point is when it comes time to teach kids where we came from, telling them it was the big bang theory as a matter of fact is wrong. There will never be proof of where we came, but its the right thing to do present the possibilities and let the kids decide.
let me point out the errors in this statement for those that may not be that well read in the sciences.

#1 - there isnt proof of creation by God or the big bang theory, its all speculation

There IS evidence of the Big Bang Theory... also, the key word in what I said is "THEORY". It isn't being preached as "fact" as God is. According to the Theory, our universe started out almost infinitesimally small... about the size of the tip of a ball point pen. It then went kabloui, and gave rise to everything in our universe. That is the Theory... dumbed WAY down. We have a lot of evidence to support this.... like the galaxies spreading apart, even dispite gravitational attraction to each other, which supports a theory of a massive explosion.... I think you get it.

#2 - evolution in itself has been proven by Darwin

Darwin hypothesized this, he did NOT prove it.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 08-23-2005, 06:17 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you can take a sample of the spectrum and you will find color variations, red and blue are the moving away/toward colors.

By proof, I ment something VERY mathematical and scientific. It is VERY hard to prove many things, VERY VERY. You have to show with out example that something is true... just try to show how 2 is even, or 2+2 comes out to be an even... and remember you can NOT use an example for this... give that one a go and then just imagine how hard it is to prove something like evolution.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 06:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Why do you get so defensive Jimmy, I can start insulting you too but theres no reason for it. There is evidence of the big bang theory just like there is evidence of creation theory. both remain theory's because both can not be proven. Scientists can't explain where our soul's come from, and if you think explosions and gasses and the big bang theory resulted in having intelligent life forms with souls, then so be it but dont act like you are right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Don't preach that BS on me when im not preaching God on you. Evidence of the big bang theory my ***. :yank:
Old 08-23-2005, 06:58 PM   #13
I liek gramer
Legacy

Don't get too personal guys. Keep it civil. Nobody has crossed a line yet, I just don't wanna see it happen.

Jimmy and I IMed for a while, and we don't exactly agree, but we see each other's side. I don't believe in the big bang theory.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah lets keep this civil! Don't hate me because Im a really good looking young man (that happens to have opposing idea's than some others). If i get ragged on some more i just may be forced to post some pics of me in a speedo doing some muscle poses, dont think i wont!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:15 PM   #15
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Yeah lets keep this civil! Don't hate me because Im a really good looking young man (that happens to have opposing idea's than some others). If i get ragged on some more i just may be forced to post some pics of me in a speedo doing some muscle poses, dont think i wont!
:banme:
Old 08-23-2005, 07:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

a lot of people PM'ed me and wanted to see it so here it is by popular demand
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heroworship.gif
Views:	184
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	10417  
Old 08-23-2005, 07:24 PM   #17
I liek gramer
Legacy

*warns*

j/k. Quick PMers, lol.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

My proof for intelligent design lies beneath that loin cloth
Old 08-23-2005, 08:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

I take it none of you read Darwin's book. In his book he lays out what he would consider to be proof of it. One of the proofs he said would be found was substantially more intermediary steps of a specie's evolution than set categories. In other words evolution would show a linear progression of changes rather than the stair step changes we do see.

Said proof hasn't been found. That is why it is still a theory. As stated by others a theory is damned hard to change into a proof. Ever hear of the Pythagorus' theory? Been don't uncounted times for thousands of years and it has always work and it is still not a Proof.

The theory of evolution requires so many remote possibilities to fall into place in order for us to be where we are that if it were any other concept is would be called mathematically impossible to have occured.

But heathens will do what they can to "prove" God doesn't exist. They fear having to account for their actions.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

nicely put ponycarman, but having said that, get ready for some flame for having an opinion.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
our tonsils do have a use... that's why they wouldn't take mine out the last 4 times I got tonsilitus. They filter some infections or some crap like that.

ok, and I"m sorry, but "these damn liberal teachers"?... Science is science. God has no part in science because you can't detect God with ANYTHING... and that's what Science teaches. Maybe next time you decide to go on an anti-science rant, you should take some time to realize what science has given you. If you want to believe in God, and not in science, so be it, but don't go preaching it... it makes you sound... not so intelligently designed.
Quote:
let me point out the errors in this statement for those that may not be that well read in the sciences.
umm...science is man's interpretation of nature. In this case, unless you believe humans are perfect, you cannot treat science as perfect! Frist and the president are saying we should not only teach evolution to kids, but that we should tell them some people believe in ID! Instead of teaching them only about evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:38 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
I take it none of you read Darwin's book. In his book he lays out what he would consider to be proof of it. One of the proofs he said would be found was substantially more intermediary steps of a specie's evolution than set categories. In other words evolution would show a linear progression of changes rather than the stair step changes we do see.

Said proof hasn't been found. That is why it is still a theory. As stated by others a theory is damned hard to change into a proof. Ever hear of the Pythagorus' theory? Been don't uncounted times for thousands of years and it has always work and it is still not a Proof.

The theory of evolution requires so many remote possibilities to fall into place in order for us to be where we are that if it were any other concept is would be called mathematically impossible to have occured.

But heathens will do what they can to "prove" God doesn't exist. They fear having to account for their actions.

Steve
I don't believe I have to account for my actions. Also, I'm not ragging on 99Cobra. Accounting for your actions means deep down, you regret doing something, or realize it was remotely wrong... thus, if you stop and think about it before you do it, you probably won't do it. I don't believe you have to go to church either. Why would God want you to believe just as everyone else, exactly. He made each of us unique, with unique minds... thus, why shouldn't we be allowed to "pray" in our own unique ways?

I never said I don't believe in God, I do believe it or not. I don't really believe a lot of the hype that goes along with 'religion' however.

I believe it's much more simple than most of you, however. Why can't God shape our lives indirectly? He can set into effect courses of action that will directly affect us, without us knowing it. Like, say you're trying to get to play college basketball, and a couple scouts are there watching you play, and you play AMAZING. This would be direct influence.... unless you were really good, however. What happens if all but one of those scouts goes to the next game to watch the next kid who is just out of this world. Then only one college wants you, and you go there, but being there, you learn exactly what you need to to make it to the pro's. This would be an example of divine intervention, but by an indirect means, because you had nothing to do with the other kid being great.

Or, natural events set in place that change lives. However, you can't believe everything religion feeds you. Remember Galileo, when he reported moons around Jupiter. He was FORCED by the church, else be excommunicated, to recant his report... and yet there are moons around Jupiter. Remember when the sun revolved around the Earth... yet we know this to not be true.

All I'm saying is don't believe everything you're fed by a source that's been proven incorrect so many times. The Bible says everything's only like 5,000 or so years old, maybe it's a little older than that, but we have evidence of it back billions of years. And by evidence, I mean scientific tests, and if you don't count that as evidence, please don't reply because people that say "well God placed it there already aged" really really piss me off. By not allowing science into your life, you are cutting out a very important piece of our existance. God wanted us to learn about our environment, He wanted us to master it.... and we do this with science. To refuse science is to deny God the pleasure of watching us use the brain He designed for US!

just my $0.02

Old 08-23-2005, 08:41 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
umm...science is man's interpretation of nature. In this case, unless you believe humans are perfect, you cannot treat science as perfect! Frist and the president are saying we should not only teach evolution to kids, but that we should tell them some people believe in ID! Instead of teaching them only about evolution.
whoa whoa whoa, I never said science was perfect. Science allows for itself to be inaccurate. That's why we don't allow theories to become "fact" often. However, at least science presents hard evidence to its theories. To say "the Bible says so" is no reason to teach it as fact, or even a decent theory. If you want to learn intelligent design, go to church. Biology should have no part of intelligent design because Biology is a SCIENCE, and in science, you must back up what you say with fact/evidence.

Also, did he use the word "tell" them about Intelligent Design? Because when I heard it, I heard the word "teach".

Old 08-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
nicely put ponycarman, but having said that, get ready for some flame for having an opinion.
I never once flamed you. I didn't attack you, I "attacked" your opinion. That is allowed, it's called disagreeing. Flaming would be like if I said: you dumb _________________. Fill in the blank with your favorite curse. I didn't do anything like that. I pointed out the falacies of your statement, yes, because they were just that.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Why do you get so defensive Jimmy, I can start insulting you too but theres no reason for it. There is evidence of the big bang theory just like there is evidence of creation theory. both remain theory's because both can not be proven. Scientists can't explain where our soul's come from, and if you think explosions and gasses and the big bang theory resulted in having intelligent life forms with souls, then so be it but dont act like you are right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Don't preach that BS on me when im not preaching God on you. Evidence of the big bang theory my ***. :yank:
#1 - I never insulted you

#2 - What evidence is there of creation? (I presented at least one piece of evidence for the Big Bang in the expanding galaxies... which is currently happening)

#3 - Science makes no claim of people having souls, thus, they don't have to explain it.

#4 - Big Bang Theory helps account for why the universe is so spread out, as well as where the heavy elements come from. (Heavy being larger than say 8 protons in the nucleus)

#5 - I didn't say because you don't believe me, you're wrong. Also, I'm not preaching it, I'm presenting facts or theories, and at least disproving some of the stuff you post that I know isn't true.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:52 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
To say "the Bible says so" is no reason to teach it as fact, or even a decent theory.
nobody's saying it is fact. You sound like Thomas Jefferson saying you believe parts of the Bible and taking out others. Theology is man's interpretation of the Bible, so no denomination is going to be perfect.

im not gonna get any deeper tonight..i gotta get up at 5

Quote:
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:54 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
#2 - What evidence is there of creation?
the universe.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2005, 09:02 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
the universe.
gonna have to disagree. Pointing to something and saying "look, God made that" doesn't make it evidence. Sure, it came from somewhere, that doesn't mean a Godly figure put it there. There's a theory that says a tear in the space-time continuom caused all the matter in this universe, as well as parallel universes.. the fact that there's currently a universe doesn't support that theory...

Old 08-23-2005, 09:12 PM   #29
Regular

Region: Tennessee

^ Got a point and I agree with that statement.

God cant be proven

Evolution cant be proven.

You just take what evidence you have on both and make your own judgement. There can not be a right and wrong where fact doesnt exist.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:13 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

im not gonna say God can be scientifically proven. You can't prove that you sat at your computer at 10:02 and typed that last message. Prove to me that you were at your computer today. you can't. So you should not say God did not create anything b/c i can't prove it. history can't be proven..going to bed

Quote:
Old 08-23-2005, 09:18 PM   #31
Regular

Region: Tennessee

^ That arguement doesnt hold up. You cant prove he exists just as much as Beaner can't prove he doesn't.

If Beaner took a picture of himself at his computer he could prove he was there.

Take a picture of god and get back to me.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:37 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

im off to go get some from mrs. 99cobravert, but i thought i'd give one last post. Everyone is making my point by there are different opinions on how we came to be so why should we only teach kids one opinion? Seperation of church and state is not an answer, its seperation, not a wall. Thomas Jefferson never intended for it to be an outrage to mention God in a classroom. When seperation of church and state was created it was because there were many state-run churches at the time and the framers of the constitution didnt want churches getting too powerful (common in Europe). You can interpret the constitution different ways, but reading Jeffersons letters it is plain to see why he thought the first amendment was necessary. And Jimmy you are ragging on me by saying my statements are falacies. you aren't disproving anything i say, just disagreeing (though you try to use the big bang theory to disprove what i say). So dont act like you are smarter than me (which you clearly are) because you are not. And for science not making any claim of souls, so they dont have to explain it? come ON! its very convenient for them to disregard souls when its common sense we have them. I have had a few professors in SCIENCE classes (anthropology and psychology) that have admitted to souls being an unexplainable existing phenomenon. But anyways whats the use, nobody's minds are gonna change, nobody in this forum is gonna pursuade anyone of anything, all we can do it **** and moan. I guess i just hate being told my opinions are wrong when they are not in sync with someone elses.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:37 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

I was watching a discussion with renound atheist talk show host Tom Likas and a theologian that I dont remember the name of and they were discussing the very same thing and the stumbing block for evolution based science is Consciousness No other creature has it. All the animals of the earth have a natural behavior none have a conscious reasoning. That seperates us from all living creatures. Apes do not posesses it nor do dolphins. We are alone in this. This Consciousness is also talked about in the Bible. And God say "Man shall have dominion over all the beast of the world" and he gave us something no other creature has FREEWILL.

Now does evolution exist on this planet SURE everything evolves but the starting point with man is man and not APE. Plain and simple Gorilla's still have not after 60,000 years even made a simple tool out of rock !!!! In 60,000 years man went from living in a cave to landing on the moon and building spacecrafts to land on Mars. What has any other mammal created????? NOTHING!!!!

So the Science lesson for today is about CONSCIOUSNESS

Consciousness; A sense of one's personal or collective identity, especially the complex of attitudes, beliefs, and sensitivities held by or considered characteristic of an individual or a group.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:10 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

i think it should be taught but not in science(since science is based on facts)

but i really dont care either way, im out of school so it doesnt bother me, and my kids will be home schooled so i can teach them whatever i want them to know.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:22 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

God cant be proven

Evolution cant be proven.
sorry guys Brent is THE smartest person on the board right now.

I believe in God and this is my personal opinion we all have free will and you can believe anything you want but that won't save your soul. However here is my twist to both of these theorys. It is my humble opinion that God used evolution to get us where we are now. Evolution is real period, not the theory of evolution thats something entirelly different its true that we don't use out pinky(little) toe so in a few thousand years we may lose it but then again i'm just a kid(17) so what do i know?

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar