You all be Carefull - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2005, 04:03 PM   #36
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Re: You all be Carefull

It hasn't been nearly as bad in N.O. as expected, lol.

UAB actually let out of class this afternoon, that's amazing.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2005, 05:16 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

W00t...40 mph sustained, 60 mph gusts. And my mom just called for me to "heat up" my grandparents' dinner tonight. She wasn't worried about me driving....she was worried about hot food for my grandparents. I said if it dies down enough for me to feel like driving over there I will.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 05:51 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Here's a pic and there's 3 vids in my gallary. Pretty crazy stuff man, the roof of my little rain awning is close to ripping off.
Our's:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2005, 06:34 PM   #39
I liek gramer
Legacy

Don't see any vids in the gallery...
Old 08-29-2005, 07:14 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

My power went out about the time I started uploading, gonna try this again in a few
Our's:
Old 08-29-2005, 07:50 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

tornada' warnin's mang
Old 08-29-2005, 08:54 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Guys do to the devastation in hard to reach area's I can bet there is extensive damage on the outskirts of New Orleans all the way to Mobile especially along the rivers and waterways. This is going to be major league expensive
Old 08-29-2005, 08:55 PM   #43
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Its getting bad here now

Power probably about to go out

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

My power's on, I'm happy.
Our's:
Old 08-29-2005, 10:01 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

my girlfriends dad works for georgia power, hes getting sent down soon
Old 08-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #46
I liek gramer
Legacy

We lost power for about 4 hours last night. I dunno if we got it back yet, I stayed with some friends so we could finish watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

UAB didn't have class this morning. Not until 12. Wow, we have a Cat. 4 Hurricane make landfall and head straight for us. We got out a total of 3/4 of one day. Almost all the school south or west of us don't go back till Wed.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:18 AM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

With breeches in 2 levees in New Orleans the city is filling up. Yesterday afternoon there was no water flooding around Bourbon Street now the water is rising 80% of the city is now flooded and it will only get worse. The picture below is of first light this morning as the downtown area fills up with water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Orleans flooded.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	10479  
Old 08-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

damn

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 AM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

holy ****.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:43 PM   #50
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
It hasn't been nearly as bad in N.O. as expected, lol.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #51
I liek gramer
Legacy

http://abum.com/?show_media=10855
Old 08-30-2005, 01:23 PM   #52
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

well, I didn't blow away. The car made it through safely. We lost power about 6 am and got it back about midnight last night. Lost both fences in the back yard though and a ton of branches like pretty much everyone else in BR.

I did sit on the screened in patio out back from about 9am until the storm ended though. Was able to see both fences go down. Thought for sure the neighbor's tree was coming down. Each gust would bend that sucker over about 35*. Thought for sure it would go. I did get to listen to trees and large branches falling all around the subdivision though. Made me very glad we had those trees go down a couple months ago instead of now. Looks like I will be walking the neighborhood with the chainsaw now to help though.

As for the new orleans situation, mandatory evac in place right now from what I am hearing. So, all of those that stuck behind, are being sent out. It is not over for them yet.

The damn looters down there should be taken out. Let the national guard have target practice or something.

I was planning a fishing trip down in grand isle this spring, but after this, I don't think they will be recovered by then. It is going to take a while to get over this one. I think I heard 4-6 weeks before they can get power back up and running down there...but I am sure that depends on when the water receeds. Ugly, ugly, situation.

But for all of y'all in the north east, look out for the rain that is coming. Hopefully it won't be like Cindy was and just sit there and dump on ya.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:33 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

this is why I live in Iowa... that and because my parents live here. We'll get affected by the gas prices before any effect of the storm.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:37 PM   #54
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
this is why I live in Iowa... that and because my parents live here. We'll get affected by the gas prices before any effect of the storm.
My girlfriend just moved here from Iowa last weekend. Then this hit. Needless to say, her family was going bezerk.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:46 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to tedness

damn how deep is the water in new orleans?
Old 08-30-2005, 01:51 PM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

Holy shtuff did u se the pics of the damage this thing has caused!!!
http://www.usatoday.com/
I feel so bad for this people, we didn't get hit that hard and there's still people here with no power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 02:08 PM   #57
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedness
damn how deep is the water in new orleans?
Some places, knee deep. Other places, 1st and second story deep. Oh, yeah, and it is getting deeper until they can fix the levy breaches.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:57 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

This will be the most expensive natural Disaster ever in the US. A city of 1.3 Million which is uninhabitable. Over 500,000 homes are unfit to live in. No drinking water, Electricity, Sewage coming up from the ground, dead bodies being left in the homes underwater until the recue operation is complete then Recover will begin and it will be bad in the 90+ weather. I sit here still trying to grasp the thought of a city the size of New Orleans being able to tackle this. This will cost over $100,000,000,000 when it is done. And this is not even talking about Gulf Port, Biloxi and everything in between.

Wood, Gas, Building materials, medicine will be in short supply.

I wonder if any of those nations we have helped will offer us any assistance???? I bet not!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:05 PM   #59
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
I wonder if any of those nations we have helped will offer us any assistance???? I bet not!!!
I just finished discussing that with my office mate, and well, we have decided no help will come. They didn't come last year when those 3 or 4 cains came through in rapid fire where the damage is still not repaired in many places. There is no talk of anyone helping out currently that I am aware of. I would have to say I would expect the celebs to help out before other countries, but I don't believe that this is a PC enough event for celebs to want to help.

It is going to be a looooong time before things get going again. I'm not sure if anyone has seen the I-10 twin spans damage yet (there are flyover videos of the New Orleans area at www.2theadvocate.com). It is going to take a long time to recover. I'm not sure if the other twin spans leading into NO from baton rouge have been hurt, but, I have heard that there is only one way to get into their currently. I am guessing it is LA-61, but I am not sure. I know the causeway over Lake Pontchetrain is damaged, but I don't know the extent. The south east section has got to be totally devastated though since they are kind of the wetland protection of LA. There just haven't been many reports coming out about areas of LA other than NO. The bridge to Grand Isle is gone completely though, and it is being thought that there is no reason to rebuild a bridge to someplace that doesn't seem to exist anymore. So much for that fishing trip next year.

I think I need to get home so I can finally see some coverage.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:36 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Everything between gulfport, ms and new orleans is gone, nothing there, obliterated. No houses, no people, no trees, just water, and alot of it. I have a friend who lives in my apartment complex who is from bay st. louis, where the hurricane actually made landfall on the mainland. If you notice, there is absolutely no news about this area, there is simply nothing left. My boss tried to make a run down to his store in hattiesburg this morning, he can't get any further south than meridian, ms, which is roughly halfway down the state. All I know is I'm gonna have to go down sometime to help rebuild some of my family's houses....this is gonna be a long time before anything near the costs exists anymore.
My prayers go out to all the people caught up in this. There was slight damage by me, but nothing too major. I spent all day picking up limbs and cutting up trees, have at least 2 more full days of that. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like down there.
Our's:
Old 08-30-2005, 06:58 PM   #61
I liek gramer
Legacy

The water in N.O. isn't going to recede. It won't go anywhere until they fix the levees and get the pumps going, but they can't do that until the power gets fixed, and that's gonna be several weeks.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:09 AM   #62
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Well, a volunteer called in to the radio last night with a bit of an issue. See, him and his group of 8 are retired sheriffs. They borrowed some boats and headed down to NO to help. They pulled many people from roof tops and attics. Great job. The initial issue he said they had to deal with was people yelling at them for not getting their sooner. Ok, fine, you are frustrated. We understand that. However, as the day progressed, two of his group were SHOT!!!!!. They were wounded by people trying to jack their boats that they were using to rescue people. In his words "Those that wounded the two members are no more." Can you believe that though? I mean, WTF are people thinking. I just wish the news would report on this but they haven't as of yet. Needless to say, he has pulled his group out until federal troups arrive and he can be assured some sort of security from being shot at.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:53 PM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

holy crap! , that is unbeleivable!!. It is in times like this the best in people should come out, instead I'm hearing stories of looting and crooks defrauding the elderly, and now this.

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
holy crap! , that is unbeleivable!!. It is in times like this the best in people should come out, instead I'm hearing stories of looting and crooks defrauding the elderly, and now this.
Remember New Orleans is always in the top 5 as the murder capital of the US. The poor in New Orleans are very poor and there has always been a large gang problem their. But in reality the problem of looting is so small compared to the fact is New Orleans is dying before American's eyes. There is no way to stop the water. It will only stop when the water in Lake Ponchatrain is level with the water in the city meaning only high rises will be above water. Lake Ponchatrain is the largest salt water lake in the world.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:10 PM   #65
Regular

Well I am glad those ****ers are "No more" cause they sure as hell wouldnt be if they tried to jack my **** and I had a gun on me.

Stupid people, only care about themselves.

NO is seriously history, its sad.

Reddit
Old 08-31-2005, 02:19 PM   #66
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Well I am glad those ****ers are "No more" cause they sure as hell wouldnt be if they tried to jack my **** and I had a gun on me.

Stupid people, only care about themselves.

NO is seriously history, its sad.
I am hoping they start asking for volunteers to ride point in the rescue boats...but I am sure they won't be asking for that anytime soon. I would love to sit point and plink off everyone I see that is looting and/or threatening rescue. I'll even bring my own ammo and guns. lol

I just read on fox news that other officers that were on rooftops were being shot at as well. And that the report of the officer shot in the back of the head yesterday was true, so I am lead to believe the report of attempted boat jackings are true as well.

It will be nice when federal troups arrive to free the police and national guard to do security patrols. Hopefully a few have itchy fingers.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #67
Regular

They just need to patrol with Apaches and aide the police and volunteers.

I think we have all seen those videos of what an Apache machine gun can do to a person....

Reddit
Old 08-31-2005, 02:33 PM   #68
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

It is very sad that we need to worry about security instead of rescuing people. The extra troops could help rescue more people, instead, others will be pulled to secure things. Reminds me of cockroaches...just a bunch of pests. Extermination seems appropriate.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168001,00.html

Quote:
Gov. Kathleen Blanco (search) said she has asked the White House to send more people to help with evacuations and rescues, thereby freeing up National Guardsmen to stop looters.

"We need to free up the National Guard to do security in the city," Blanco said.

New Orleans' homeland security chief, Terry Ebbert, said looters were breaking into stores all over town and stealing guns. He said there are gangs of armed men moving around the city. At one point, officers stranded on the roof of a hotel were fired at by criminals on the street.

The Times-Picayune newspaper reported that the gun section at a new Wal-Mart had been cleaned out by looters.

Authorities said an officer was shot in the head and a looter was wounded in a shootout. The officer was expected to survive.

Staff members at Children's Hospital huddled with sick youngsters and waited in vain for help to arrive as looters tried to break through the locked door, Blanco spokeswoman Denise Bottcher told the newspaper. Neither the police nor the National Guard arrived.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:37 PM   #69
Regular

I wish I could go down there and help in anyway... I would love nothing more than to pick off each and every person interferring in the resuce of civilians.

I don't have a damn problem taking someones life if they have no concern for others life.

Reddit
Old 08-31-2005, 02:41 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I just read on fox news that other officers that were on rooftops were being shot at as well. And that the report of the officer shot in the back of the head yesterday was true, so I am lead to believe the report of attempted boat jackings are true as well.
thats just ****in sad......why the **** would someone want to shoot someone thats trying to ****in save them and others................****in idiots THEY ARE RISKING THIER LIVES TO SAVE YOU b/c youre to much of a ****in dumbass to get the **** outta there when they told you too. i know some are too poor to drive, or dont have anywhere to go. but as a few officials said on television "even if you dont have anywhere to go, just get outta new orleans."
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar