You all be Carefull - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2005, 02:46 PM   #71
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: You all be Carefull

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
i know some are too poor to drive, or dont have anywhere to go. but as a few officials said on television "even if you dont have anywhere to go, just get outta new orleans."
I don't think anyone was too poor to hoof it over to the superdome or any of the other safe houses. They were just too stupid to go. "Oh, they have evac'ed us so many times for nothing, we are safe". Yeah, well, all it takes it 1 time of being right. Didn't they learn anything from the story of the boy who cried wolf?

But yes, it is rediculous. Shoot officers/volunteers while they try to save others. You deserve to die ASAP. Period.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 02:49 PM   #72
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I don't think anyone was too poor to hoof it over to the superdome or any of the other safe houses. They were just too stupid to go. "Oh, they have evac'ed us so many times for nothing, we are safe". Yeah, well, all it takes it 1 time of being right. Didn't they learn anything from the story of the boy who cried wolf?

But yes, it is rediculous. Shoot officers/volunteers while they try to save others. You deserve to die ASAP. Period.
Exactly, to many stupid people in this world. So stubborn to not just leave.

Well they paid the ultimate price for it.

Guess you don't value your life that much to test a Category 5 Hurricane in a city that is 20 feet below sea level and surrounded by water.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:58 PM   #73
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Well, everyone can rest easy. The inmates from New Orleans have been rescued and moved to safety. That is being reported in a press conference on the radio as I type. There are about 3000 remaining to save yet, but they are not in risk yet. Oh, and they are also set as far as water and food goes. So, y'all can rest easy in case you were worried about them.
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 04:59 PM   #74
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

The only way the water will stop is if N.O. is at the same sea level as Lake Pontchartrain, or if they fix both levees and get the pumps started. The pumps are seriously ****ed, they ain't comin back anytime soon.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:01 PM   #75
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

They won't come back until many of them can get out from under water. Others won't come back till they can get power, which can be provided via generators, but those need deisel to run and they can't get anything into the city till the water is out of the way in spots. This is a serious catch 22.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ibanezplayer272 Send a message via MSN to Ibanezplayer272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I wish I could go down there and help in anyway... I would love nothing more than to pick off each and every person interferring in the resuce of civilians.

I don't have a damn problem taking someones life if they have no concern for others life.
Well said my friend.

2007 Windveil Blue Mustang GT
Mods : Intake, Stubby antenna
Rolls are for fat chicks
Ibanezplayer272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:39 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

HERE IS NEWS THAT YOU WONT HEAR ON CNN OR FOX:

i have heard this from the local radio stations as well as others that work downtown that come into our store. ok, i'll start here. as we all know, there are still some in NO and surrounding areas. those people, in an effort to get out, are carjacking beer trucks, ups trucks, and coke trucks. well, to get outta NO towards BR, you have to go through St. Charles (i think) parish, which is the only area around there that has people living b/c they arent flooded out. well, that area is swamped with cops. they are waiting at the parish line and stopping the carjacked trucks. this sounds like a good thing, right? WRONG!! what the cops are doing is stopping the trucks, unloading the stolen merchandise, and letting the criminals KEEP THE TRUCKS......yes, they arent arresting the carjackers, they are simply unloading the material and letting them drive off to safety.----this came straight off the radio. and this station isnt saying anything unless its documented and confirmed.

now, many of the refugees are in the river center (formally known as the centroplex) in downtown BR. there are also some in some buildings at LSU. riots have broken out today at the centroplex and looters are now looting through downtown BR. they have even found a dead body near the state capital. downtown BR has many new buildings coming up and those construction workers had to leave the job sites b/c it wasnt safe.------this came from const workers in the downtown area that had to leave a job early

how pathetic is it when a man cant even ****in work b/c he fears for his life?

also, some looters that have cars are pretty much goin around looting out stores. a walmart was shut down last night b/c looters were waiting outside and mugging people for groceries as they would leave. there have also been scuffles and hostage situations at two other walmarts in the BR area.

it is truly a sad day today and i really cant type in words how disgusted i am at the actions of some. it is truly a pathetically disgusting day

i really dont know what the world has come to when the first worry you have is "i hope my home isnt broken into today." or "i hope no one breaks into the store today."

gas stations, if they have any gas, are jam packed all the time.......quite a few are out though.

there is a gunstore across the street from where i work called "jim's firearms"..........the parking lot is crammed and the line for a gun is out the door and AROUND THE BUILDING!!!!

truly saddening and pathetic
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:48 PM   #78
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Ugh....we received 2 emails relating to this today. First one said lock your doors etc. The second one said this:

Quote:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/livepages4/846.shtml

Rumors rampant in Baton Rouge area

By CHAD CALDER
Advocate business writer

Baton Rouge is talking. Rumors are flying.

The problem is, a lot of them aren’t true, for instance, ones circulating today.

The Tanger Outlet Mall in Gonzales has not been looted.

The shops at Tanger Outlet Mall remain open for business, manager Bridgette Tullos said today.

“We have not had a single report of shoplifting. We have not had a single report of looting,” Tullos said. “Our mall is safe and secure.”

The mall has changed its closing time from 9 p.m. to 6 p.m. because a number of employees are without electricity, Tullos said, and the stores are trying to accommodate them.

Rebecca Rainer, spokeswoman for the Mall at Cortana, another subject of closure rumors, said some stores in the Mall at Cortana are closed because they don’t have phone service and can’t run credit cards. But the mall is open for business, she said.

Workers in the Governmental Building in downtown Baton Rouge began leaving their offices today, after employees became concerned about walking to their cars at the Governmental Building. They had heard rumors that cars were being vandalized.

On one of the basement parking levels, where many employees park, there was a report of a suspicious man walking around the cars. A search of the parking area found no one.

A police officer on the scene at the Baton Rouge River Center, where thousands of exhausted refugees are staying, said shortly after 10:30 a.m. that police were working their way through the center to check for weapons and searching the parking lot.

They had heard a rumor that someone had broken into a pawn shop and stolen weapons.

Davis Rhorer, executive director of the Downtown Development District, said his office and phone lines have been busy talking to people who’ve heard all sorts of stories.

He said people hear things on the radio and on the street, “and it just grows.”

Rhorer said rumors began circulating last night that the Chevron near the Centroplex had been looted, but there was a minor scuffle, he said, which had been quickly taken care of by police.

After hearing the state had closed all their downtown offices, Rhorer called the state Office of Facility Planning, which told him they had simply begun locking their doors.

Tanger’s Tullos said all kinds of rumors are flying around. This morning she said she received an e-mail asking about a non-existent carjacking.

The only unusual activity in the mall parking lot, Tullos said, is its use as a staging area for the state Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Guard.

A story began circulating Wednesday that a gang of bikers left New Orleans, en route to Baton Rouge to loot the city with guns stolen from Wal-Mart.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:55 PM   #79
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I think a lot of these rumors and such are started by people wanting to feel important. For example, one lady last night called in to the radio to tell her story of survival. It went like this:

Her (roughly quoted): "My uncle was in <somewhere> Mississippi and made it all the way here to Baton Rouge. He called my mother Saturday morning telling her the water was rising and he had moved to the second floor. A little later he called back saying he had moved to the attic because the water was on the second floor. He tried to get to a boat but couldn't. He wasn't sure if he would make it. They hadn't heard from him since Saturday morning when he last called. He ended up getting out and swam through snakes, dead bodies, cars, and other debris until he found dry ground. he was able to hitch hike to Baton Rouge. Once here, he asked a cop if he could use his phone to call his family and the cop said no, there is a Mc Donalds down the street and to use that one. "

Then she started to rant.

Radio host interrupts and says: "Ma'am, there was no water in Mississippi on Saturday."

Her: "Right, it was sunday morning." Tries to continue her rant.

Radio Guy again: "Ma'am, the storm didn't make land fall until monday morning."

Her: "Right, it was monday morning."

Lol...some people just need to feel big I guess.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

i havent heard anything about cortana and tanger.

the only rumor that i heard that was shot down was the one that all the banks in BR had closed.

a guy came into the store today and i believe it was his wife's brother......(a relative of his wife) is on the swat team and he told me that everything you heard about downtown is more than likely true..........he told me the rumor about the banks though was bull****
Old 09-01-2005, 05:15 PM   #81
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Yeah, I heard one of those stories today to. Some friend of a friends aunt's neighbors roommate said that gas prices were going up to $6 tomorrow. There are just way to many 3rd, and sometimes 7th, party rumors floating around. The telephone game really creates some interesting stuff.

I don't doubt there is some **** going on down town, but I highly doubt it is as bad as some are reporting it to be.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

i know its pretty rough downtown..............i had to make a delivery today to a new building off of north street in downtown BR. one of the supervisors for the company i was delivering to said his boss told him to leave the job b/c a body was found downtown.......and its believed that death is attributed to the lootings and robberies goin on.

its like a storm just knocked us back to the caveman days where people think they can just do whatever the **** they want

i dont doubt anything now, i believe that some of it is blown up and fabricated, but i am just telling word for word what i have seen/heard today
Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

here are a couple pics i got today

firearm place:

and here's what pretty much every gas station that still has gas looks like..........the trees make it a little hard to see, but there is a line all in that lot for gas..........its insane
Old 09-01-2005, 08:17 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

i also, on my back from gettin some food, decided to get a small driveby vid of the firearm place, just so you can see the parking lot in its entirety
Old 09-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #85
I liek gramer
Legacy

damn, that's crazy. I've been trying to get in touch with my cousin who lives in BR and goes to LSU all day.

All circuits busy, all day.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:19 AM   #86
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

All I know is I'm glad I just bought my 1000 rounds for my M1, if nothing else I can sit around and plink them off.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

it is predicted that the city of baton rouge by this time next week will have DOUBLED in population with an expected 500,000 more people arriving.

our city is predicted to double in population in two weeks................
Old 09-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #88
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

And I have doubled my available means of protection in case some nut decides to drift out my way for gas, vehicles, or looting. With the low lifes coming out of New Orleans once order is restored, Baton Rouge will be an interesting place for sure.

And, by low life I mean those that were/are looting and what not that are showing their true colors. Just to make that clear.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:13 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And I have doubled my available means of protection in case some nut decides to drift out my way for gas, vehicles, or looting.
as have i :yup:

i really feel for the person that decides to break into my apartment, b/c if it happens with me in there........................

Quote:
With the low lifes coming out of New Orleans once order is restored, Baton Rouge will be an interesting place for sure.

And, by low life I mean those that were/are looting and what not that are showing their true colors. Just to make that clear.

it will definately be interesting, but i think once NO becomes livable (or once they let them back in), alot will return, especially the ones that have no place to stay in BR or the ones that are in shelters.

oh no, according to some, they were just looting "to survive", b/c as we all know, you cant survive without dvd players, ipods, guns, and above all, beer

i saw on tv when the looting began, one guy ran out with an entire box of snicker bars and what looked to be a 24 pack of small bags of chips..........b/c when i think of basic survival needs, i think snickers and chips

**** these ****ing lowlifes that make life hard on all the good people of the world :cussing: :fu2: :angryfire :thumbsdow :no: :fu3: :pissed:
Old 09-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #90
I liek gramer
Legacy

and they always run out, look both ways, and take off. Scurrying around like little ****ing rats.

If I was looting to survive, I wouldn't care who saw me.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:44 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony

gotta now look out for the whole " shoot to kill " deal
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

*WW* for language

http://www.illwillpress.com/kat.html
Old 09-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #93
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Searching for food is not looting. Crashing into jewlery stores, sporting good stores, destroying ATM machines is unacceptable but thinking onlyn the best of all people is rather Naive
Old 09-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #94
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

WTF are people gonna do with tv's? I've seen on tv where they are looting those now. There's no cable or electricity...what good is a 60 inch tv for them lol.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:44 PM   #95
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

Haha foamy the squirrel!!

Ahh good stuff.

Lower Navigation