Gas prices - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Gas prices

forget electric cars.. lets just aim for teleportation.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 08:57 PM   #37
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

^ Then how would we get there in style like we do now?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:02 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

we could customize our teleporters, put a stalker or widow ground affects kit on it, maybe some racing stripes, find a place to mount an exhaust on it.
Kenne Bell SC w/ intercooler, 90mm maf, mac cai, 70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, Kenne Bell performance chip
99CobraVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 09:04 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

yeah.. not to mention a fog machine and a laser show with theme music when you magically appear out the other side.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:57 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Gas started the day here around 2.46 a gallon. Right now the cheapest in town is 2.79 a gallon for regular. Talk about freaking crazy, the problem now is....there's no gas in this town at the moment. I saw a guy pull up and fill up at least 10 5 gallon gas containers today, people are crazy I tell ya.
O yeh, and my bicycle is gonna be at my apartment starting this weekend, no more driving to work, I'm gonna be biking those 2 miles to work and school.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:07 AM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99CobraVert
after we drill oil on the moon, shouldnt cost much to get it to earth too, space travel is very inexpensive.
*sigh*... In order for oil, you must have hydrocarbons, which are organic compounds... since the moon has no life forms, it has no hydrocarbons... no hydrocarbons, no oil. It does however have other stuff we may want. But not oil. Also, hydrocarbons don't form just naturally, they must be synthesized by something that's been alive... actually, it's something that's decomposing, but ya' know.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #42
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
*sigh*... In order for oil, you must have hydrocarbons, which are organic compounds... since the moon has no life forms, it has no hydrocarbons... no hydrocarbons, no oil. It does however have other stuff we may want. But not oil. Also, hydrocarbons don't form just naturally, they must be synthesized by something that's been alive... actually, it's something that's decomposing, but ya' know.
Duh... he was being sarcastic

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

93 just went to 3.28 time to pull the chip & run 87 Who say theirs no life on the moon

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Organic compounds simply mean they contain carbon, It doesn't necessarily mean it is because of life. I hope that college edumacation you are getting has a money back guarantee.

There is some speculation that crude oil is not derived primarily from living matter but rather a geological process caused by heat and pressure working on various chemicals present in the Earth's crust. There are a number of known and pumped out sources that seem to be refilling to an extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:14 PM   #45
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom

Don't you just love supply and demand?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636

Not sure how many of you on this site are doing this, but on another Mustang site I just looked at a poll, looked like most of them were running 92/93 octane fuel in stock or near stock engines, hey, this is not smart, our engines are built to run on 87 octane, unless you either increase the compression of your engine or advance the timing, with a chip or otherwise, then you are wasting big money on high octane fuel you dont' need folks!!!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
Organic compounds simply mean they contain carbon, It doesn't necessarily mean it is because of life. I hope that college edumacation you are getting has a money back guarantee.

There is some speculation that crude oil is not derived primarily from living matter but rather a geological process caused by heat and pressure working on various chemicals present in the Earth's crust. There are a number of known and pumped out sources that seem to be refilling to an extent.
what is the original source of MOST organic compounds?

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 09-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

Quote:
what is the original source of MOST organic compounds?
Wrong thread dude ntopic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
Not sure how many of you on this site are doing this, but on another Mustang site I just looked at a poll, looked like most of them were running 92/93 octane fuel in stock or near stock engines, hey, this is not smart, our engines are built to run on 87 octane, unless you either increase the compression of your engine or advance the timing, with a chip or otherwise, then you are wasting big money on high octane fuel you dont' need folks!!!
I run 87 used to 93. is it really bad to switch back and forth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman

But there is no heat or gravity or molten core to cause geothermal pressure. The moon is made of mostly earth material but it is a dead rock. Hell it does not even spin to help create heat. They have always said there were mineral locked in the moon but oil would be stretching it.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:36 PM   #50
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

I seriously doubt there is any sort of oil on the moon, unless we left it there.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

in other news.. gas jumped $0.40-$0.50 in the last 2 days where I go to college.... eeks

Old 09-01-2005, 08:40 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Duh... he was being sarcastic
thank you Brent!!!! at least someone gets me
Kenne Bell SC w/ intercooler, 90mm maf, mac cai, 70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, Kenne Bell performance chip
Old 09-01-2005, 08:46 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99CobraVert
thank you Brent!!!! at least someone gets me
you weren't kidding at all in the last debate, when I thought your point was such... until you started 'backing it up'.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:46 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony

****ing 3.45 today for 93
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

why is everyone talking like someone here actually thinks there is oil on the moon and we should get it. the whole convo started when someone told seph we should drill on the moon and we were all capping on him for being an idiot. no need to explain how illogical that sounds, we all know.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

anyway......... gas went from $2.49 a gallon for 89 octane to $2.99 a gallon in 2 days.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang

at most gas stations in town its 2.89 for 87

rises to like 3.09 for 93

I found one in manchester that was 2.69
Old 09-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

at least y'all have gas stations that actually still have gas.

well over half of ours are completely out..........you pretty much have to burn a half a tank to find one open
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:50 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

You have refinery's in your town. You are being screwed.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:51 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

see, this is just stupid now. Now I have to pay what you all have to pay, and that's gay. We add ethanol for a REASON, it makes it cheaper. I'd hate to imagine it without the ethanol.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:51 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

I've only seen one pump that wasn't functional, and I think it was broken, not out of gas.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
see, this is just stupid now. Now I have to pay what you all have to pay, and that's gay. We add ethanol for a REASON, it makes it cheaper. I'd hate to imagine it without the ethanol.
Only for you because you live in the freaking grain belt. The fact is just ask CA people they have been paying for reformulated gas for a few years!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:56 PM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Only for you because you live in the freaking grain belt. The fact is just ask CA people they have been paying for reformulated gas for a few years!!!!
Iowa is the buckle of the grain belt ... at least for corn. for Iowa, and its corn. Only problem with ethanol is that it takes a lot of energy to make... but it's still cheaper than this $3 a gallon crap we're buying now.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

can't we make a fuel out of pig fat? We have a lot of pigs in Iowa... something like 8 times as many pigs as people, hahaha, yeah, I know, it's sad. (25 million hogs). It's a shame their fat can't power my car... that'd be pretty cheap fuel I'd imagine.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
can't we make a fuel out of pig fat? We have a lot of pigs in Iowa... something like 8 times as many pigs as people, hahaha, yeah, I know, it's sad. (25 million hogs). It's a shame their fat can't power my car... that'd be pretty cheap fuel I'd imagine.
But it can. You can make fuel out of fat. It has been done before. Besides a mixture of Pork and Beans will give us unlimited supply of Methane we sorely need
Old 09-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Besides a mixture of Pork and Beans will give us unlimited supply of Methane we sorely need

yes sir it will
Old 09-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
yes sir it will
Hey dont call me sir and pass that big Spleef over this way you bogart!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:32 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey dont call me sir and pass that big Spleef over this way you bogart!!!!
yes ma'am.................is that better?
Old 09-02-2005, 07:46 AM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
But it can. You can make fuel out of fat. It has been done before. Besides a mixture of Pork and Beans will give us unlimited supply of Methane we sorely need
Me and my roommate and a few friends were having a discussion on this after cooking some bacon and having alot of fat leftover....and kinda came up with a way to do it. It would smell like crap and probably piss environmentalists off, but it just might work.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #70
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

mmmmm pork and beans

Quote: