Gas prices - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Gas prices

Well gas hit $3.25 for low grade today. Premium gas is at $3.45 a gallon.
redfire2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Gas prices

Damn, it hasn't budged here in Louisiana yet. I think y'alls stations are doing some serious gouging. They did that here during Cindy and are now being investigated...so I think they are avoiding that again.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:31 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

its only 2.69 here but its steadily rising and from what i hear its going to be a lot worse because of the hurricane and whatnot...

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 11:58 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness

we're at $2.89 here for 87.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

$3.19 (87oct) here in Indiana (Fishers) parts are $3.50 around smaller towns. and its not because they want to make money, indiana (midwest) gets there gas from the south, and they stoped makin gas right now..
Quote:
Indiana Attorney General Steve Carter is warning gasoline retailers against price gouging and urging consumers to maintain their normal gas-buying routine in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

The storm Monday knocked out oil production at hundreds of oil platforms and refineries in the Gulf of Mexico, raising supply concerns for retailers across the country. Indianapolis-based Crystal Flash Petroleum stopped selling gas at many of their pumps across the state and other stores began hiking prices as demand increased.

The average price for unleaded fuel in Indianapolis today is $2.617, fractions of a penny more than Tuesday’s average of $2.613, according to AAA Hoosier Motor Club. But many stations across the state are charging significantly more. Indiana consumers are reporting prices ranging from $3.19 to $3.50 a gallon on www.gasbuddy.com.

To be legally considered gouging, Indiana has to be in an official state of emergency and the price in question has to be as much as several dollars over the average market price, said Staci Schneider, spokeswoman for the attorney general. Schneider said complaints about gas prices have increased in the past day and said staff are carefully monitoring the crude oil market.

Following the Sept. 11 terrorism attack, the office received more than 3,200 complaints of gasoline gouging. Out of 125 stations investigated in the state, 67 retailers were cleared of accusations and 58 stations admitted to excessively raising prices.

“Let us all be cautious and remember the unnecessary panic that arose following 9-11," Carter said in a statement. “We must all act responsible and recognize that certain events may result in higher prices.”
Old 08-31-2005, 12:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

2.99 here in Carrollton, GA, thats up 30 cents from 2.69 this morning when I went to Campus. 30 cents in a day, it's killing me:hammer:
Matt'sredbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:16 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

It is 2.51 here. People are talking about how the rigs are going to raise prices. Bush opening the reserves doesn't mean doo doo because we have been in a surplus crude condition for a while. Sure, we will get some more crude from the reserves, but where will we refine it? That has been the bottleneck. We can't refine as much as we need. With 8-10 of the refineries down, that will cause prices to go up some...but the $0.40+ jumps seem a bit excessive to me.

On a related note, it was just reported that under the clean air act, some dude is relaxing the volitility regulations and sulpher content regulations until Sept 16th. I guess it is to help keep prices down by not having to follow the rules and allow for higher outputs. I guess he has called on other states to do the same. I guess we will see.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
It is 2.51 here.

$2.51?!..........you must be fillin up with that circle k gas or something

the only gas i run in my car is shell 93 octane and it hasnt budged yet its still at $2.69....... wow, i cant believe i am happy that gas hasnt gone up from this already astronomical price, thats how crazy gas is today i guess.

it never used to be like this, i remember back in my day it was like .99 for premium gas..........what happened to those haydays. those were the good ole days..............WHERE DID IT ALL GO!!!!
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:36 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
$2.51?!..........you must be fillin up with that circle k gas or something

the only gas i run in my car is shell 93 octane and it hasnt budged yet its still at $2.69....... wow, i cant believe i am happy that gas hasnt gone up from this already astronomical price, thats how crazy gas is today i guess.

it never used to be like this, i remember back in my day it was like .99 for premium gas..........what happened to those haydays. those were the good ole days..............WHERE DID IT ALL GO!!!!
No, the 2.51 is what I saw this morning at the Shell by my house. I wasn't refering to premium tho. It hasn't gone up since Katrina hit is the point I was getting at. A number of threads around the interweb are talking about prices and how they have gone up 30 or more cents today alone. Seems a bit suspicious to me.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:47 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

not to start a big discussion..but i wish we were drilling in Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:54 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
But where would we refine it? It would give us more of our OWN oil which would be great. I hope we start building refineries soon. That is what is needed before Alaska.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

i'm putting an all-electric engine in my stang
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
I thought we were getting some oil out of Alaska. It's just that the pipes are way underground and a few miles long. because the conservationist don't want direct drilling on the land or some shiz like that.

and smurfin is right about needing refineries. no point in having all the oil if you can't refine it.

more refineries= employment=increase in our economy=lower fuel prices....at least that's how i see it.
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:57 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

The drilling at Anwar in Alaska if started today would 3 years before it would make it to market
Old 08-31-2005, 02:01 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

but it would still help the US even if it was a long way in the future..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:03 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
The drilling at Anwar in Alaska if started today would 3 years before it would make it to market
I think I heard it would be 5-10 years, but either way, it wouldn't be immediate at all. And, with the extra oil, we would need extra refining. There hasn't been a new refinery built since 1976. I think gov't should look into ways to allow new refineries to be built. The regulations are so tough that it doesn't seem to be smart business to build a new one. With billions in net profit being reported by the oil companies, I think it is time they start re-investing that money.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:03 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
But where would we refine it? It would give us more of our OWN oil which would be great. I hope we start building refineries soon. That is what is needed before Alaska.
Where and who would you build them. Exxon made a 9,000,000,000 profit last quarter and is not spending a dime on refinerys or reinvestments. GREED has set in and it is only going to get worse. Why should they build any with oil supply tight they can make more profits.

I think it is time to stop driving unless absolutely necessary. We need to consume less right now, not tomorrow or next week RIGHT NOW!!!!

Bu the start of next week fuel will be a dollar more for everyone. That is a fact.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

I've got an idea. We all need to start learning how to fly..

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM   #19
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Bu the start of next week fuel will be a dollar more for everyone. That is a fact.
Rumor has it we will be seeing $4+ soon if not $5. That $9 billion you mentioned will certainly be growing for the reason you also mentioned...GREED!!!
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:06 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Where and who would you build them. Exxon made a 9,000,000,000 profit last quarter and is not spending a dime on refinerys or reinvestments. GREED has set in and it is only going to get worse. Why should they build any with oil supply tight they can make more profits.

I think it is time to stop driving unless absolutely necessary. We need to consume less right now, not tomorrow or next week RIGHT NOW!!!!

And that's why if it hits 3 dollars for regular, I'll stop driving. Hell! I'm amazed people haven't started to riot gas stations ya know? SHOW the greedy *** ****s that we aren't happy.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:06 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
i'm putting an all-electric engine in my stang
haha....all you people that doubted my hybrid theory. not sounding too bad right now is it? i know my ideas can be far out there but it'll sell in certain areas. a lot of our technology comes from crazy a$$ inventors with wild imaginations. lol
Old 08-31-2005, 02:08 PM   #22
Regular

Region: Tennessee

**** I dont want one still

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:11 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

MAGNET ENGINES DAMN IT!

Free energy! Come on work with me.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq
haha....all you people that doubted my hybrid theory. not sounding too bad right now is it? i know my ideas can be far out there but it'll sell in certain areas. a lot of our technology comes from crazy a$$ inventors with wild imaginations. lol
With a hibrid, where would we get that sweet smell of racing gas? I don't want a hibrid either because I want that smell of exhaust, that sound of exhaust. I just want the gov't to look out for us "normal" folks for a change instead of which group has the most potential money...now that is a wild immagination for ya.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:18 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

someone at work: We need to drill for oil like on the moon or on mars

Me: Yeah because the dinosaurs and other creatures died there too.

someone at work: they did?

Me: -stares-

Old 08-31-2005, 02:20 PM   #26
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
someone at work: We need to drill for oil like on the moon or on mars

Me: Yeah because the dinosaurs and other creatures died there too.

someone at work: they did?

Me: -stares-
Ouch...my sides hurt now.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:38 PM   #27
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:09 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony

today i saw 3.24 for 93 everything is above 3 bucks here for regular and high test
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:56 PM   #29
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

I heard it is FIVE DOLLARS a gallon right now in ATL.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With a hibrid, where would we get that sweet smell of racing gas? I don't want a hibrid either because I want that smell of exhaust, that sound of exhaust. I just want the gov't to look out for us "normal" folks for a change instead of which group has the most potential money...now that is a wild immagination for ya.
you can still have that smell and sound with the set up i'm thinking of, but it's not worth trying to explain it or argue with you guys so nevermind.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:59 PM   #31

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6

i think i may have to test out that 87 oct, MPG program justin wrote for me
Old 08-31-2005, 08:07 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I saw the gas station today flipping the price up... they jumped it $0.20 at once

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

after we drill oil on the moon, shouldnt cost much to get it to earth too, space travel is very inexpensive.
Kenne Bell SC w/ intercooler, 90mm maf, mac cai, 70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, Kenne Bell performance chip
99CobraVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:36 PM   #34
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

^ We don't need to transport it. We'll just build a pipeline, that way the moon stays near Earth, cuz we don't want to lose it.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:50 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

thats true, we dont want our moon going to Jupiter.. that planet hogs them all
Kenne Bell SC w/ intercooler, 90mm maf, mac cai, 70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, Kenne Bell performance chip
99CobraVert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar