World Reacts to Katrina - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #36
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: World Reacts to Katrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99CobraVert
i guess since republicans have been in office since 2002, everything thats wrong today is their fault. and drilling for new oil wont do us any good? it will too. yeah refineries are crucial and we need more, but to say we dont need to drill for oil in anwar would only be correct if we werent getting oil from the middle east. for our national security we need our own sources of oil as well.
The oil from ANWR is useless right now and 10-15 years down the road.

Period.

Don't put words into my mouth either, no where did I say that since the republicans are in office that everything that happened after 2002 is their fault.

What is their fault is the fact that they are doing NOTHING to fix these problems.

Its all politicians but you see it the most in the party that is in control. No new legislation to allow the building of new refineries, no nothing at all.

I agree 100% with what V6stang007 said, we are a reactive nation. We wait till the problem is already happened and then act. We waited till the problem was in our home terroritory in WWII, we waited till we lost 3k people on 9/11 and now we have waited to long in NO and cost the lives of thousands of people and billions upon billions of dollars WE DO NOT HAVE.

We are headed straight for a recession and a bad one unless the government gets their **** together.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2005, 10:13 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
The oil from ANWR is useless right now and 10-15 years down the road.

Period.

Don't put words into my mouth either, no where did I say that since the republicans are in office that everything that happened after 2002 is their fault.

What is their fault is the fact that they are doing NOTHING to fix these problems.

Its all politicians but you see it the most in the party that is in control. No new legislation to allow the building of new refineries, no nothing at all.

I agree 100% with what V6stang007 said, we are a reactive nation. We wait till the problem is already happened and then act. We waited till the problem was in our home terroritory in WWII, we waited till we lost 3k people on 9/11 and now we have waited to long in NO and cost the lives of thousands of people and billions upon billions of dollars WE DO NOT HAVE.

We are headed straight for a recession and a bad one unless the government gets their **** together.

It is hard legislate companies in a free society and force them to build something especially when they are in every politicians back pockets. That is why the 2 party system is failing us. It is not the difference in ideology it is the fact when there is a change in the party in charge they all do pretty much nothing because they all are tied to big money and owe them when they get into office. Until we as American take matters in our own hands and cause a economic slowdown we will be ignored. As long as all of us continue to drive and use up gas like no tomorrow they will continue to raise fuel cost to the consumer yet the price of a barrel of oil is dropping.

Guys get a clue!!!!!

Old 09-01-2005, 10:25 PM   #38
Regular

hmmm....

Green Day - American Idiot anyone? We as a collective group are not the smartest cookies in the bunch.

The two party system failed us long ago... we are now just seeing it much clearer due to recent events.

Reddit
Old 09-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

So.. I'd like to thank the Swiss individuals for wanting to help out... the Pope for such kind words.. Austria for the prayers.. and thanks for nothing for everyone else.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

I say we pull every troop out of the world, let every country **** itself without us and just concentrate everything on us. Build a huge wall around our borders *Including Canada because what did they ever do to us? Except for the Anti-American bashing behind our backs but we do the same for them. It's a neutral "You suck" thing but we can't live without each other.. and that rich rich natural resource..

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:17 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
hmmm....

Green Day - American Idiot anyone? We as a collective group are not the smartest cookies in the bunch.

The two party system failed us long ago... we are now just seeing it much clearer due to recent events.
Brent, you have today's trophy.

It's high time that the country as a whole stopped adhering to partisan values, and started thinking for themselves. Left, right, it doesn't make a big **** of difference whe the feces collides with the rotary oscilator. rep or dem is a dead conversation. It's time to get **** done people, plain and simple. Take those outdated *** and elephant hats off, roll up your sleaves, and get 'er done.

btw, page ownage.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:22 AM   #42
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang01
Brent, you have today's trophy.

It's high time that the country as a whole stopped adhering to partisan values, and started thinking for themselves. Left, right, it doesn't make a big **** of difference whe the feces collides with the rotary oscilator. rep or dem is a dead conversation. It's time to get **** done people, plain and simple. Take those outdated *** and elephant hats off, roll up your sleaves, and get 'er done.

btw, page ownage.
100% agree I really do.

I have really changed my outlook over the last 2 months on this country collectively and this world as a whole.

Reddit
Old 09-03-2005, 01:25 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01

It took a TDY to a third world country to change my mind. Thinking for yourself, though an 'out there' concept, is pretty eye-opening. It's not our grandad's world anymore. brent, hit me up on AIM
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar