Rebuild New Orleans: Yes or No - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: Should New Orleans be Rebuilt?
Yes - But improve the levee system 12 40.00%
No - It will just flood again 10 33.33%
Yes, but not in its current location 4 13.33%
Yes, but only the parts less prone to flooding 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Rebuild New Orleans: Yes or No

I saw this poll on another site with some interesting responses. I thought I would see what folks here thought as well.

So, the question is, Should the city of New Orleans be rebuilt? Why or Why Not?
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Rebuild New Orleans: Yes or No

Rebuild Yes but not in anyplace the water was over the roofs. and build home on stilts just like beach homes in medium flood areas and build storm walls like in Holland
Old 09-02-2005, 12:58 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

dont have my option...the way they are acting. gangs roaming the streets with weapons, mass looting, shooting at rescue birds, i say fawk them. they want to rebuild let them pay for it their damn selves.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrATEX
dont have my option...the way they are acting. gangs roaming the streets with weapons, mass looting, shooting at rescue birds, i say fawk them. they want to rebuild let them pay for it their damn selves.
Move the people who actually aren't retarded inland and give them a new life.

Let the gans stay in NO and kill each other off.

2 years from now when they finally suceed in killing each other off, move in, take the Netherland approach and secure the levees, and rebuild....

Or we could just move everyone in land and turn NO into an Iraq... go in and just bomb the mess out of the remaining retards.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

i like the bombing idea, but it would be fun to be the helo crew chief in a black hawk...crew chiefs are the door gunners. Marshall law sounds more and more appealing to me everyday

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

Yes, rebuild it where it is. Fix the levees.

They're going to rebuild it. Guys, New Orleans is always like this with shootings and ****, haha. It's just all on National TV. New Orleans is just a wild place.

OK, it's not always this bad, but it's pretty rough down there.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01

Hell with it. The place smells like vomit and urine. let the ocean have it.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:05 AM   #8
I liek gramer
Legacy

It's going to be just like the twin towers were.

We have to rebuild it to keep up our appearance. Or build something there. We will NOT just leave it.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:07 AM   #9
Regular

^ True dat

Now let's all vote on the next thing we are going to have to rebuild because we fail to use common sense and not going after terrorists after they try to blow up two very tall buildings, or maybe we have some more cities located in the path of a possible Cat 5 hurricane that are surrounded by water and 20 feet below sea level?

Reddit
Old 09-03-2005, 02:41 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
^ True dat

Now let's all vote on the next thing we are going to have to rebuild because we fail to use common sense and not going after terrorists after they try to blow up two very tall buildings, or maybe we have some more cities located in the path of a possible Cat 5 hurricane that are surrounded by water and 20 feet below sea level?
Ok, the next poll should be, "Should we reattach california after the big one hits and it drops off into the ocean?"

Old 09-03-2005, 05:17 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

^ No, we are going to float over with Hawaii and Alaska. We cool

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

I'm thinking a couple of napalm strikes on the looters then fill the bowl in with dirt and build atop that.

Stupid to live below sea level on the coast, unless you are a fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #13
I liek gramer
Legacy

Maybe we CAN use something from Iraq and bring a bunch of sand over. :dunno:
Old 09-05-2005, 06:35 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
Maybe we CAN use something from Iraq and bring a bunch of sand over. :dunno:
Haha I like that idea.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:25 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

we leave it as is and call it the american atlantis and charge $40 entrance fee with a tour boat. sorry.. maybe its a bad joke? oh well.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

we have to rebuild it.... it's where the Mississippi River meets the Gulf... thus, have to have a Gulf town... gotta have a place for boats to dock, and that's huge money... thus, it's gonna get rebuilt.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:05 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

you don't have to have a city there to have the boat access. I'd say rebuild in areas above sea level.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
you don't have to have a city there to have the boat access. I'd say rebuild in areas above sea level.
while it's true you don't HAVE to have it there.... it will be put back where it was.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:21 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

I say fix it so all the trashy and whiney people can go back to their dump. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I don't feel sorry for half of those people. I would appreciate help, but i'm not gonna cry about it on TV. People are so dependant on everyone else to do their stuff for them. Hell if I was down there, I would of had a camp put up for my family the day after the hurricane pasted thru. You could have made a campfire, boiled some water, and killed the neighbor's cat if you needed food. People are looting for reasons other than survival, raping people in the streets, shooting the cops that are trying to help them, and calling all the white people "in power" racisit. Well then, they can all go F**K themselves. If you have trash all over the place, it looks bad, but if you put in all in one corner, it's not so bad. I do feel sorry for the innocent people down there, but it seems that is only a very few now. I feel sorry for all the pets that got left behind more than anything. My wife watched on TV as a dog saw a rescue boat, so he jumped in the water and swam to them and the rescuers pushed the dog away and said only people are allowed. So now the dog is either dead, or starving to death. WTF

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

It seems crazy to rebuild in the same place move it up river !! There's gonna be more storms that will do the same damage So why waste our tax money to rebuild a city below sea level

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #21
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
I say fix it so all the trashy and whiney people can go back to their dump. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I don't feel sorry for half of those people. I would appreciate help, but i'm not gonna cry about it on TV. People are so dependant on everyone else to do their stuff for them. Hell if I was down there, I would of had a camp put up for my family the day after the hurricane pasted thru. You could have made a campfire, boiled some water, and killed the neighbor's cat if you needed food. People are looting for reasons other than survival, raping people in the streets, shooting the cops that are trying to help them, and calling all the white people "in power" racisit. Well then, they can all go F**K themselves. If you have trash all over the place, it looks bad, but if you put in all in one corner, it's not so bad. I do feel sorry for the innocent people down there, but it seems that is only a very few now. I feel sorry for all the pets that got left behind more than anything. My wife watched on TV as a dog saw a rescue boat, so he jumped in the water and swam to them and the rescuers pushed the dog away and said only people are allowed. So now the dog is either dead, or starving to death. WTF
Exactly.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
I had this debate with a few coworkers and some neighbors. I basically said the same thing. You are being told a cat 5 (aka the hand of God) is coming directly at you. You live below sea level and know for a fact the levees won't hold. I don't care how poor you are, you get your *** out or at least hoof it over to the dome or other shelter. No, instead let's sit it out at home because we all know it is going to miss us. Now, you are stuck and crying poverty and racism. This is really Darwins theory in action...unfortunately, many of the culls we able to remain in the gene pool. Now, there are people refusing to leave. Yeah, well, let them stay and when they come crying for food and water because there is nothing left but toxic sludge, tell them tough ****.

Oh, and I was told that because I didn't grow up here in Louisiana, I just don't understand. I would have stayed there too if I lived here all my life. Um, I think not. I have one or two brain cells still functioning in my head. I am, afterall, smarter than the average bear.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:27 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Tell you what really pissed me off is when I found out Carnival Cruise lines, and probably a couple other lines, were paid be FEMA to take a few ships down there to house those displaced by the storm. Even though one of those ships is one that I was SUPPOSED to be on in Oct, I said to myself that even though I had to reschedule my cruise, it was for a good reason, and I wasn't too upset by it, even though it costed me an extra 600 bucks. Now I'm hearing that these people would rather live in the dome than on the ships. Forgive me for being so callous, but those people need to get their asses on those ships.

The whole thing is a bad situation. It's just too bad people can't seem to reasist acting like savages and pull together to make everything go right again. It's things like this that just confirm to me that mankind is on it's way out.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

They said "It would be too traumatic. Being on water would just remind me too much of all the water we had to swim through to get here." Get a life. Just wait, many will say they suffer from Post Traumatic Stress syndrome and can't work anymore. The news folks have already brought up PTS, so it is only a matter of time before it is used to milk the system.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Good points. Some people are going to milk this for everything it's worth.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:36 PM   #26
Regular

Quote:
I agree 100%

I am a huge animal person as well and that is not necessary. Let the animals take the place of the ****ing dumbasses that didnt want to be rescued.

It is good to know though that there are just people down there to help out animals... since no one else will.

Reddit
Old 09-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #27
I liek gramer
Legacy

I guarantee if I had been on the boat that pushed the dog away, I'd have told the boat driver to come get me later, the damn dog is taking my spot.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

Well I'm glad I'm not alone on the subject. I just wish people we're more like they were back in the day and took pride in their work instead of trying to take advantage of the system which is all too common these days.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #29
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I guarantee if I had been on the boat that pushed the dog away, I'd have told the boat driver to come get me later, the damn dog is taking my spot.
Same here man

Reddit
Old 09-08-2005, 11:53 PM   #30
Regular

Quote:
Well I'm glad I'm not alone on the subject. I just wish people we're more like they were back in the day and took pride in their work instead of trying to take advantage of the system which is all too common these days.
Nah the government screwed that up when they started welfare and social security.

Reddit
Old 09-10-2005, 06:30 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80

just fill the bowl in with dirt with the looters and gangs in it then rebuild.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar