so what should I get? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: which car? remember, year is dictated by price... my car + money
99+ Cobra, with maybe some mods done 3 25.00%
98 Cobra, with some play money 3 25.00%
Trans Am WS6 2 16.67%
Corvette 2 16.67%
GT, with plenty of money to play with 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
so what should I get?

when my car is paid off, in about 2 years, I am looking at several options. I do not want to stay v-6 power. I will be selling my car, and looking v-8. Now come my options. I want to pay for the car in cash, so I can put liability insurance on it. My gf will have the car we will drive most of the time, and the majority of time, my car will be in the garage by my house. What I was thinking was taking my car + $3,000-$4,000 and getting a beefy v-8. Now, if I decide that I also want laser eye surgery, that would come out of this fund, and I may delay the v-8 for a bit, but I do want a v-8... thus, looking for opinions. Now, I wouldn't be opposed to a 98 Cobra, but I really do prefer the 99 body style.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: so what should I get?

In 2 years your car will be worth a little more than 7500 period at any dealership across the US. And that's in perfect shape with low miles. If I was you, I'd go GT and call it done with that money to play with.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

if I sold it to a dealership... a dealership will rape me with my mods and paint job... if I sell privately, I might be able to find a college kid that really wants the car, and will pay some for the mods... it's worth it for me to look into.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2005, 09:01 PM   #4

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6

I think youd be happy with a GT and do some stuff to it
Old 09-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgrey6
I think youd be happy with a GT and do some stuff to it
but isn't a Cobra better set up to take the power I'll probably want to throw into it? Then again, a GT has the option of an automatic. Then again, a Trans Am has an automatic option.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness

98 cobra.

IRS sucks and it'd be a much less common sight to see a nicely modded sn95 cobra
Old 09-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

You don't want an automatic, take that thought out of your head.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:06 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

You want an auto? Hmm strange to me. Lol

I say go with a 98 Cobra and make it into a Cobra R clone with a nice Turbo to set things off.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wouldn't mind learning to drive stick. I actually think it'd be fun to drive a stick.. something about slamming through the gears. (not slamming, but feeling the power, and the response to the shift that you did, not the computer)

Old 09-05-2005, 10:29 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

LS1

Just remember. You can afford xxxx car, but can you afford the insurance?? You might want to check into that before you go buying a big v8
Old 09-05-2005, 11:16 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

And keep in mind this gas crisis going on. It's not gonna get any better any time soon.....
Old 09-06-2005, 01:04 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

id say pay off the 6er, save a couple thousand, buy a 99-04 GT, then sell the 6er and use that money as mod money, and do some **** to the gt.

thats what im doing right now, i have some money i saved, plus whatever i get from selling the eclipse(i owe 6, selling for 9 hopefully) will go into more mods.

and get insurance under your parents and what not. right now my dad is supposedly driving the stang, my mom is on the eclipse, im on the tahoe and my sisters on our neon, and the tbird is put as a weekend car. even though i get the stang and the eclipse, my sister is on the bird, my moms on the neon and daddy-o is on the tahoe.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
id say pay off the 6er, save a couple thousand, buy a 99-04 GT, then sell the 6er and use that money as mod money, and do some **** to the gt.

thats what im doing right now, i have some money i saved, plus whatever i get from selling the eclipse(i owe 6, selling for 9 hopefully) will go into more mods.

and get insurance under your parents and what not. right now my dad is supposedly driving the stang, my mom is on the eclipse, im on the tahoe and my sisters on our neon, and the tbird is put as a weekend car. even though i get the stang and the eclipse, my sister is on the bird, my moms on the neon and daddy-o is on the tahoe.
well see, we've got a 2002 F-250, a 97 Taurus, 2001 Mustang, 2003 Mustang, 1994 F-350, 1997 F-150 and a 1998 Windstar... yes, very Ford loyal, hahaha....
anyway, my dad is selling the 97 F-150, and the 94 F-350... and the Windstar will probably go towards a new van soon. My sister is listed on the Taurus since it's her's... and she's been in a couple accidents with it. So, I can be on the 2002 F-250.... or the van, but my brother is on the van because he has a 2003 Mustang, and is younger than me, and I don't think he gets the "good student discount". I'm on my car actually... but yeah. I would probably get liability only for insurance. And my dad is paying off my v-6... it was my graduation gift. So I'm not going to swallow the $6k or so he still owes on it. I'll just wait 2 years until it's paid off, and then I can start looking at the market. But with 20,000 full time students at Iowa, I'd assume a couple of them would be interested in buying my car... all I have to do is go cruising through campus a couple times with my number on the window.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:26 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

99 cobras are teh sexy.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar